MartinLogan Motion Owners Thread - Page 39 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 306Likes

post #1141 of 1249 Old 03-27-2019, 10:01 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb01gt View Post
I'm looking to maybe change out my front 3 speakers to a pair of 35XT's with an XT50 center. Looking for opinions on how these speakers perform for 100% home theater purposes?
I'm looking to do the same thing. It will be about 50% music and movies. I've just sold off my old speakers and receiver and will be getting a new system soon. I'm definitely going bookshelf speakers for now on. Going to setup with a Yamaha system. I would like to do a Atmos layout but I will be moving soon and thats to be determined. I will definitely be using a dedicated amp, likely a Monolith 200/wpc for the front 3's. Also considering the ML Dynamo 1100X for Sub. I figured since is a sealed sub, it shouldn't overwhelm my system. I read a nice review of it and it has some great features.
I've gone thru the last several pages here but haven't seen much about the 35XT's specifically. I did a quick demo last weekend and was really impressed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1142 of 1249 Old 03-28-2019, 11:46 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 234 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9397 Post(s)
Liked: 6482
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakar80124 View Post
I'm looking to do the same thing. It will be about 50% music and movies. I've just sold off my old speakers and receiver and will be getting a new system soon. I'm definitely going bookshelf speakers for now on. Going to setup with a Yamaha system. I would like to do a Atmos layout but I will be moving soon and thats to be determined. I will definitely be using a dedicated amp, likely a Monolith 200/wpc for the front 3's. Also considering the ML Dynamo 1100X for Sub. I figured since is a sealed sub, it shouldn't overwhelm my system. I read a nice review of it and it has some great features.
I've gone thru the last several pages here but haven't seen much about the 35XT's specifically. I did a quick demo last weekend and was really impressed.
They measured a lot better than the Motion 40s.

https://www.soundstagenetwork.com/in...=16&Itemid=140

I too am intrigued by the new line of much "better bang for buck" ML subs with Anthem Room Correction.

Older ML subs measured very well but were pricey which seems to have been addressed with the new X line.

Geoff A. J., California
post #1143 of 1249 Old 04-02-2019, 06:53 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Red face Motion 40 or 60XT - honest comparison?

Hi all, first off - thank you for all that you've contributed to this thread. I enjoyed reading through to learn and hear different thoughts on the ML line. I recently I upgraded my old HSU center to the ML Motion 30 and was utterly blown away by the improvement. Turns out, I've been living in the dark ages. I also have HSU bookshelf speakers for L/R and I'm now looking at replacing those as well. Considering how much I liked the 30, either the 40 or 60XT is looking good. I'm currently limited to the 30 due to the space in my console for the center channel, but if I ever am able to move things around and wall-mount the TV, I'd probably upgrade to the 50. Fortunately, the 30 is a great center.

I'm having a really hard time deciding between the 40 or the 60XT. I can find a deal on either, so I'm not worried about the price - I would like to get the best speakers for my setup and use. This setup is mainly HT use (like over 90%). Rarely will I be listening to music through these, although I guess that could change if I'm blown away (but HT is by far the priority). I enjoy pretty loud to very loud volumes - I like a theater experience. I have a large SVS sub. It is a pretty large room, measuring about 35x20, with about 10-foot ceilings.

While it may seem like a no-brainer to pick the 60, I've seen some consistent shortfalls in the comparison to the 40 which concern me for my use. Specifically, that the 40's have more clarity from the mid-range up. I've seen the details from the 60's described as "muddy", or the voices "thin". Even the more negative comparisons agree the 60 can play louder and with a larger soundstage, it can move more air and obviously has more bass - but I'm not sure how much that benefits me vs the 40's for movies/HT use with a sub. Like I said, I'm looking for which ones will be best for HT use with a center channel and a subwoofer.

Naturally, there seem to be variables at play including how they're powered, listening distance, etc., but if you could provide some updated feelings on the comparison between the 40 and 60 for HT use, that would be great. Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1144 of 1249 Old 04-03-2019, 09:40 AM

Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by SocalDave View Post
Naturally, there seem to be variables at play including how they're powered, listening distance, etc., but if you could provide some updated feelings on the comparison between the 40 and 60 for HT use, that would be great. Thank you!
I've had the 60XT's for over a year and are very happy with them. I use them 50% HT, 50% music. I never understood the comments saying the 60's are muddy and/or thin. Seems those comments come mostly from the same folks who categorize B&W as "warm" when, to my ears, the mids in the lower B&W lines are so in your face it's fatiguing to listen. It's important to note both the 40's and the 60's are rated at 4 ohms. It's possible the folks who found the 60's thin sounding weren't powering them with a decent 4-ohm capable amp. When I compared the 40's with the 60XT's at my dealer, the 60XT's had an all-around larger, fuller sound to me, with a much clearer and more realistic sounding mid-range. As with any speaker, proper placement is important. They're a big speaker and they need a little room to breath, which shouldn't be an issue given the dimensions of your room. My only criticism of the 60's is that they can be a little on the bright side, but any decent AVR's room calibration function should easily tame that.

You didn't mention what you'll be powering them with. In my experience, the 60's need some decent wattage from a 4-ohm stable amp to really come alive. All that said, my priority was music first, HT second, and to my ears, the 60's did a better job. Given that you're focusing on HT and have a capable sub, I'm sure you'd be happy with 40's. And since you already have the 30 center, the 40's are probably a better match tonally. Another thought, since HT is your priority and you're using bookshelfs now, you might be happy with a pair of 35XT's. For about 2/3's the price of one pair of 60XT's, you could get 2 pairs of 35XT's (front L+R, surround L+R) and build a really nice matched 5.1 HT setup.
SocalDave and gajCA like this.

Pre/Pro: Anthem AVR 60 | 5.2.4 Config: MartinLogan ElectroMotion ESL X FL/FR, ESL C Center, Motion LX16 Surrounds, Motion 4i Atmos | Subs: Velodyne DD-15, Martin Logan Dynamo 1100x | Amplification: Emotiva XPA-3 Gen 1 FL/C/FR, Emotiva A-700 Surrounds and Atmos

Dedicated ARC Genesis Thread
post #1145 of 1249 Old 04-03-2019, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Hi all, first off - thank you for all that you've contributed to this thread. I enjoyed reading through to learn and hear different thoughts on the ML line. I recently I upgraded my old HSU center to the ML Motion 30 and was utterly blown away by the improvement. Turns out, I've been living in the dark ages. I also have HSU bookshelf speakers for L/R and I'm now looking at replacing those as well. Considering how much I liked the 30, either the 40 or 60XT is looking good. I'm currently limited to the 30 due to the space in my console for the center channel, but if I ever am able to move things around and wall-mount the TV, I'd probably upgrade to the 50. Fortunately, the 30 is a great center.

I'm having a really hard time deciding between the 40 or the 60XT. I can find a deal on either, so I'm not worried about the price - I would like to get the best speakers for my setup and use. This setup is mainly HT use (like over 90%). Rarely will I be listening to music through these, although I guess that could change if I'm blown away (but HT is by far the priority). I enjoy pretty loud to very loud volumes - I like a theater experience. I have a large SVS sub. It is a pretty large room, measuring about 35x20, with about 10-foot ceilings.

While it may seem like a no-brainer to pick the 60, I've seen some consistent shortfalls in the comparison to the 40 which concern me for my use. Specifically, that the 40's have more clarity from the mid-range up. I've seen the details from the 60's described as "muddy", or the voices "thin". Even the more negative comparisons agree the 60 can play louder and with a larger soundstage, it can move more air and obviously has more bass - but I'm not sure how much that benefits me vs the 40's for movies/HT use with a sub. Like I said, I'm looking for which ones will be best for HT use with a center channel and a subwoofer.

Comparing the Soundstage measurements of the Motion 40 and 35XT, (they didn't measure the 60XT), the Motion 40 has a large midrange dip while the 35XT does not.

Have you considered trying the 35XT as you have a powerful sub?

Geoff A. J., California
post #1146 of 1249 Old 04-03-2019, 02:27 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyRider View Post
I've had the 60XT's for over a year and are very happy with them. I use them 50% HT, 50% music. I never understood the comments saying the 60's are muddy and/or thin. Seems those comments come mostly from the same folks who categorize B&W as "warm" when, to my ears, the mids in the lower B&W lines are so in your face it's fatiguing to listen. It's important to note both the 40's and the 60's are rated at 4 ohms. It's possible the folks who found the 60's thin sounding weren't powering them with a decent 4-ohm capable amp. When I compared the 40's with the 60XT's at my dealer, the 60XT's had an all-around larger, fuller sound to me, with a much clearer and more realistic sounding mid-range. As with any speaker, proper placement is important. They're a big speaker and they need a little room to breath, which shouldn't be an issue given the dimensions of your room. My only criticism of the 60's is that they can be a little on the bright side, but any decent AVR's room calibration function should easily tame that.

You didn't mention what you'll be powering them with. In my experience, the 60's need some decent wattage from a 4-ohm stable amp to really come alive. All that said, my priority was music first, HT second, and to my ears, the 60's did a better job. Given that you're focusing on HT and have a capable sub, I'm sure you'd be happy with 40's. And since you already have the 30 center, the 40's are probably a better match tonally. Another thought, since HT is your priority and you're using bookshelfs now, you might be happy with a pair of 35XT's. For about 2/3's the price of one pair of 60XT's, you could get 2 pairs of 35XT's (front L+R, surround L+R) and build a really nice matched 5.1 HT setup.
I would tend to agree with your suspicions because I have read comments noting those characteristics with just an AVR powering them, only to rave about them upon getting some good power to them. It would help to explain why some people have had really opposing experiences - it could be the 60's truly need separate power to perform their best.

I've actually got two similar setups that I'm looking to upgrade, although they don't necessarily need to be the same. On one of them, I have an older Yamaha receiver but speakers powered by Emotiva XPA-5. I'm considering doing 60XTs with a 50XT on that setup. On the other setup, I have a Denon AVR-X4400H. That is the one limited to the 30 center, so maybe will stick the 40's there, although that is the larger room.

I appreciate the suggestion on the 35XT. I have considered it, but I suppose my past experiences with bookshelves (like the ones I have now) have made me want towers. I didn't feel like they create an immersive viewing experience, and while the SVS is good for the stuff down low, I felt there was a quite a bit of midrange getting lost along the way. I'm really looking for immersion and a dynamic viewing experience. I've also never had towers, and who knows, maybe I'll also enjoy listening to music more on them. Going back to some of the earliest pages of this thread, most of the early impressions seem positive, so leaning towards at least one set of the 60's. But if you feel like I'm not likely to achieve what I'm hoping for, please let me know.

Thank you guys for your input!

Last edited by SocalDave; 04-03-2019 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Typos
post #1147 of 1249 Old 04-03-2019, 03:18 PM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
I would tend to agree with your suspicions because I have read comments noting those characteristics with just an AVR powering them, only to rave about them upon getting some good power to them. It would help to explain why some people have had really opposing experiences - it could be the 60's truly need separate power to perform their best.

I've actually got two similar setups that I'm looking to upgrade, although they don't necessarily need to be the same. On one of them, I have an older Yamaha receiver but speakers powered by Emotiva XPA-5. I'm considering doing 60XTs with a 50XT on that setup. On the other setup, I have a Denon AVR-X4400H. That is the one limited to the 30 center, so maybe will stick to 40's there, although that is the larger room.

I appreciate the suggestion on the 35XT. I have considered it, but I suppose my past experiences with bookshelves (like the ones I have now) have made me want towers. I didn't feel like they create an immersive viewing experience, and while the SVS is good for the stuff down low, I felt there was a quite a bit of midrange getting lost along the way. I'm really looking for immersion and a dynamic viewing experience. I've also never had towers, and who knows, maybe I'll also enjoy listening to music more on them. Going back to some of the earliest pages of this thread, most of the early impressions seem positive, so leaning towards at least one set of the 60's. But if you feel like I'm not like to achieve what I'm hoping for, please let me know.

As always, it's subjective. I would LOVE to recommend one or the other, but until you listen to both in the same room it is purely opinion. I listened to both (ESL & ESL-X also) and ended up with a pair of Motion 40s. Your mileage will surely vary!
post #1148 of 1249 Old 04-04-2019, 01:46 PM

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Quoted: 7261 Post(s)
Liked: 8699
I've had my Motion 40's for just shy of 6 years ( I can't believe it's been that long ) ! I'm sure the Motion 60's are great, but with 13 channels of Motion speakers, for home theater, I don't find I'm missing anything. They sound excellent for 2 channel too, but 99.9 % of my use is home theater. And your right Mike - a lot has to do with the room. My theater is acoustically treated pretty well. I can't see changing them anytime soon.
post #1149 of 1249 Old 04-04-2019, 03:56 PM

Quote:

I've actually got two similar setups that I'm looking to upgrade, although they don't necessarily need to be the same. On one of them, I have an older Yamaha receiver but speakers powered by Emotiva XPA-5. I'm considering doing 60XTs with a 50XT on that setup. On the other setup, I have a Denon AVR-X4400H. That is the one limited to the 30 center, so maybe will stick the 40's there, although that is the larger room.

I appreciate the suggestion on the 35XT. I have considered it, but I suppose my past experiences with bookshelves (like the ones I have now) have made me want towers. I didn't feel like they create an immersive viewing experience, and while the SVS is good for the stuff down low, I felt there was a quite a bit of midrange getting lost along the way. I'm really looking for immersion and a dynamic viewing experience. I've also never had towers, and who knows, maybe I'll also enjoy listening to music more on them. Going back to some of the earliest pages of this thread, most of the early impressions seem positive, so leaning towards at least one set of the 60's. But if you feel like I'm not likely to achieve what I'm hoping for, please let me know.

Just order both from Crutchfield and return the loser.

One poster even said that if you keep a set they don't charge the very very inexpensive $75/pair flat return shipping charge for returning the other set but even if they do you will have spent just $75 to enjoy both sets for 60 days!

Geoff A. J., California
post #1150 of 1249 Old 04-05-2019, 08:56 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I'm in love with the Martin Logan Motion 15's but after some research they are 5 ohm speakers. Will a Yamaha A1080 be able to power these speakers along with the Martin Logan SLM XL? I loved listening to these in the magnolia center but I'm kind of stuck as I don't want a different receiver.
post #1151 of 1249 Old 04-06-2019, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophile7 View Post
I'm in love with the Martin Logan Motion 15's but after some research they are 5 ohm speakers. Will a Yamaha A1080 be able to power these speakers along with the Martin Logan SLM XL? I loved listening to these in the magnolia center but I'm kind of stuck as I don't want a different receiver.
They should be just fine.

I run them with a NAD 7250PE 50 watt receiver with zero issues.

May want to save a bit of money by getting the identical LX16s instead which were discontinued as the name didn't fit with the new Motion Line thus they essentially tweaked the cabinet and called it the Motion 15.

https://www.amazon.com/MartinLogan-L...91409776&psc=1

Geoff A. J., California
post #1152 of 1249 Old 04-06-2019, 10:22 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajCA View Post
They should be just fine.

I run them with a NAD 7250PE 50 watt receiver with zero issues.

May want to save a bit of money by getting the identical LX16s instead which were discontinued as the name didn't fit with the new Motion Line thus they essentially tweaked the cabinet and called it the Motion 15.

https://www.amazon.com/MartinLogan-L...91409776&psc=1
I just pulled the trigger on the entire setup, crossing my fingers there won't be any issues
post #1153 of 1249 Old 04-07-2019, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophile7 View Post
I just pulled the trigger on the entire setup, crossing my fingers there won't be any issues
What did you end up ordering?

Two weeks ago for the first time since I got the LX16s and Motion 8 center in my secondary 2.2/3.2 setup that I mostly use for music I watched the DVD of "The Wall" at VERY high volume levels while my wife was out of town and was amazed how, with good power, how loud and clean they played despite their relatively small size.

Looking forward to your impressions.

Geoff A. J., California
post #1154 of 1249 Old 04-07-2019, 10:54 AM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Hi I have had the motion 60xt's for a while now. My amp is the Marantz PM 14-S1 which puts out I believe it is 180 watts pc into 4 ohms. I find I have to turn the treble down ALL THE WAY for these speakers to sound anything like what I consider "normal". Otherwise they are way too bright and thin. I know... I read the last few posts about not enough power. I want to like these speakers and was wondering do I need a different amp to make these shine and if so, which one? Or do I need room treatment? My room is less than ideal and could also be the problem. I have zero room treatment.
Thanks.
post #1155 of 1249 Old 04-07-2019, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu ray boy View Post
Hi I have had the motion 60xt's for a while now. My amp is the Marantz PM 14-S1 which puts out I believe it is 180 watts pc into 4 ohms. I find I have to turn the treble down ALL THE WAY for these speakers to sound anything like what I consider "normal". Otherwise they are way too bright and thin. I know... I read the last few posts about not enough power. I want to like these speakers and was wondering do I need a different amp to make these shine and if so, which one? Or do I need room treatment? My room is less than ideal and could also be the problem. I have zero room treatment.
Thanks.
For most of us old geezers we can't hear the big ramp up in treble centered around 14khz for those speakers, (purple line below), but if you are reasonably young, especially in a bright room, it could be problematic especially if you are not using microphone based EQ to tame it.

I'm 62 and in my secondary room my LX16s, which also have that similar hump when also measured by Sound & Vision's measurements of the identical LX16, it does not show in room at all when measured with a Umik and REW. I do have a rug down and the room is so wide there is no immediate wall reflection to interfere so maybe that's it.

It sounds like you might need at least a rug on the first floor reflection point and perhaps drapes or tapestries on the first wall reflection points.

You could experiment temporarily using blankets to see if that makes any difference for you.

Geoff A. J., California
post #1156 of 1249 Old 04-07-2019, 01:37 PM

Quote:
For most of us old geezers we can't hear the big ramp up in treble centered around 14khz for those speakers, (purple line below), but if you are reasonably young, especially in a bright room, it could be problematic especially if you are not using microphone based EQ to tame it.

I'm 62 and in my secondary room my LX16s, which also have that similar hump when also measured by Sound & Vision's measurements of the identical LX16, it does not show in room at all when measured with a Umik and REW. I do have a rug down and the room is so wide there is no immediate wall reflection to interfere so maybe that's it.

It sounds like you might need at least a rug on the first floor reflection point and perhaps drapes or tapestries on the first wall reflection points.

You could experiment temporarily using blankets to see if that makes any difference for you.

Hi,
First off thanks for the response!
I guess I should probably do something for room reflections then? I have carpet, so that should be good enough for the floor? Also, if you use microphone based EQ, which one do you use?
Jason
post #1157 of 1249 Old 04-07-2019, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Hi,
First off thanks for the response!
I guess I should probably do something for room reflections then? I have carpet, so that should be good enough for the floor? Also, if you use microphone based EQ, which one do you use?
Jason
A carpet should be fine for the floor.

You can temporarily use blankets on the wall to see if that makes any difference.

In my secondary room I don't use EQ other than for the sub and in that room I used a Umik with REW to manually reduce peaks in the subwoofer frequency response with a MiniDSP.

In my main home theater my 7 year old Denon AVR uses basic Audyssey MultiEQ, (not the newer XT or XT32), and it works well but doesn't do much in the treble region in terms of EQ.

What amp are you using to power the XTs?

Geoff A. J., California
post #1158 of 1249 Old 04-07-2019, 01:50 PM

Quote:
A carpet should be fine for the floor.

You can temporarily use blankets on the wall to see if that makes any difference.

In my secondary room I don't use EQ other than for the sub and in that room I used a Umik with REW to manually reduce peaks in the subwoofer frequency response with a MiniDSP.

In my main home theater my 7 year old Denon AVR uses basic Audyssey MultiEQ, (not the newer XT or XT32), and it works well but doesn't do much in the treble region in terms of EQ.

What amp are you using to power the XTs?
By the way, I am not an audiophile, so a lot of this stuff is new to me. I use a Marantz PM 14-S1 to power the speakers. It puts out about 180 wpc into 4 ohms. All it has is bass and treble, being a 2 channel amp. I might need an EQ but am at a loss where to start. I am assuming I would need a stand alone separate unit with room correction (if there are any) to flatten out the response. The only EQ I know of is this:
https://www.schiit.com/products/loki
and it does not have any sort of built in room correction.
I will try the blankets and see if that helps.
Thanks
post #1159 of 1249 Old 04-07-2019, 01:59 PM

Quote:
By the way, I am not an audiophile, so a lot of this stuff is new to me. I use a Marantz PM 14-S1 to power the speakers. It puts out about 180 wpc into 4 ohms. All it has is bass and treble, being a 2 channel amp. I might need an EQ but am at a loss where to start. I am assuming I would need a stand alone separate unit with room correction (if there are any) to flatten out the response. The only EQ I know of is this:
https://www.schiit.com/products/loki
and it does not have any sort of built in room correction.
I will try the blankets and see if that helps.
Thanks
Sadly, and oddly, your amp will not allow you to use your pre outs and direct in at the same time as I do with my NAD7250PE, (that's where I put the MiniDSP).

Any opportunity to return the speakers if you can't find a solution with acoustic treatments?

Geoff A. J., California
post #1160 of 1249 Old 04-07-2019, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Sadly, and oddly, your amp will not allow you to use your pre outs and direct in at the same time as I do with my NAD7250PE, (that's where I put the MiniDSP).

Any opportunity to return the speakers if you can't find a solution with acoustic treatments?
Well won't an EQ work between my source and amp? I am using an external dac hooked up to a computer. I could put the EQ referenced above between the Dac and amp or no?
No chance of return as I have had these speakers for too long. Years in fact. This is the first time I have addressed this in any forums, though. I wasn't using them at all until I recently discovered the treble dial on my amp, or at least thought it might help. When I discovered it helped immensely my interest in these was renewed. Before all that, I thought about selling them, but that is inconvenient to say the least. The cost of shipping would be prohibitive and the thought of letting strangers over to listen to them for local sale (as they all want to listen before buying) creeps me out. I got a lowball offer from a salesperson at a local shop, but I am not ready to give them up for so cheap yet. I suspect I could get a trade-in with them at that shop and move up to some different sounding speakers, but don't want to spend much money right now.
But room treatment seems to be my primary option now. When I get a chance I will experiment with that.
Thanks
post #1161 of 1249 Old 04-07-2019, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Well won't an EQ work between my source and amp? I am using an external dac hooked up to a computer. I could put the EQ referenced above between the Dac and amp or no?
No chance of return as I have had these speakers for too long. Years in fact. This is the first time I have addressed this in any forums, though. I wasn't using them at all until I recently discovered the treble dial on my amp, or at least thought it might help. When I discovered it helped immensely my interest in these was renewed. Before all that, I thought about selling them, but that is inconvenient to say the least. The cost of shipping would be prohibitive and the thought of letting strangers over to listen to them for local sale (as they all want to listen before buying) creeps me out. I got a lowball offer from a salesperson at a local shop, but I am not ready to give them up for so cheap yet. I suspect I could get a trade-in with them at that shop and move up to some different sounding speakers, but don't want to spend much money right now.
But room treatment seems to be my primary option now. When I get a chance I will experiment with that.
Thanks
It seems that indeed you can put the Schiit Loki between the source and the line level input so that might work for you as you are using a single source.

Geoff A. J., California
post #1162 of 1249 Old 04-07-2019, 02:29 PM

Quote:
It seems that indeed you can put the Schiit Loki between the source and the line level input so that might work for you as you are using a single source.
Thanks for you help!
gajCA likes this.
post #1163 of 1249 Old 05-07-2019, 10:46 AM

I can not believe I've had my Martin Logan Motion speakers for 6 years today ! Where does the time go ? These have been great speakers, and I love them more than ever ! I've gone for 9.2 to 11.2 to the current 9.4.4 setup I have today ( with a Denon X8500 ). They have never sounded better !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Martin Logan Motion 40 Right.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	777.7 KB
ID:	2563608   Click image for larger version

Name:	Martin Logan Motion LX16 Wide Channel Speaker Right.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	718.7 KB
ID:	2563610   Click image for larger version

Name:	Martin Logan Motion 40 Left.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	776.1 KB
ID:	2563612   Click image for larger version

Name:	Martin Logan Motion 40  and Motion LX16 Wide Channel Speaker Left.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	641.0 KB
ID:	2563614   Click image for larger version

Name:	Martin Logan Motion FX Surround Speakers.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	598.5 KB
ID:	2563616  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Martin Logan Side  and Rear Motion FX Surround Speakers.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	2563618   Click image for larger version

Name:	Martin Logan Motion Series 13 channel Atmos Speakers.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	962.0 KB
ID:	2563620   Click image for larger version

Name:	Martin Logan Motion FX Rear Surrounds and Motion 4 Rear Height Speakers.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	2563622  
RaDiKal and COACH2369 like this.
post #1164 of 1249 Old 05-07-2019, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
I can not believe I've had my Martin Logan Motion speakers for 6 years today ! Where does the time go ? These have been great speakers, and I love them more than ever ! I've gone for 9.2 to 11.2 to the current 9.4.4 setup I have today ( with a Denon X8500 ). They have never sounded better !
Very nice.

That room is half the size of my house!

Geoff A. J., California
post #1165 of 1249 Old 05-07-2019, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Very nice.

That room is half the size of my house!
It's less expensive over here in El Dorado County !
post #1166 of 1249 Old 05-07-2019, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
It's less expensive over here in El Dorado County !
Not that big a difference; $500k vs $630k.

That difference will buy you a very nice home theater though!

Geoff A. J., California
post #1167 of 1249 Old 05-19-2019, 02:03 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 14
looking for help, im stuck on what to order, I will be ordering the motion 40 but stuck on center channel between 50xt or motion 30 it will be 50/50 music and movies/tv. As of now i have denon 4500 with emotiva xrc 5.2 as center and xrt 6.2 as Front speakers. Im using xpa 5 to power them.
post #1168 of 1249 Old 05-19-2019, 02:32 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdjocp View Post
looking for help, im stuck on what to order, I will be ordering the motion 40 but stuck on center channel between 50xt or motion 30 it will be 50/50 music and movies/tv. As of now i have denon 4500 with emotiva xrc 5.2 as center and xrt 6.2 as Front speakers. Im using xpa 5 to power them.
With so much of the dialog going to the center, I'd go with the 50xt. Works great with my 60xts.
post #1169 of 1249 Old 05-19-2019, 02:50 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkster27 View Post
With so much of the dialog going to the center, I'd go with the 50xt. Works great with my 60xts.
Thanks, what do you cross your 50xt at. I was just worried about the match with the motion 40 but hopefully that wont be an issue.
post #1170 of 1249 Old 05-19-2019, 06:52 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdjocp View Post
Thanks, what do you cross your 50xt at. I was just worried about the match with the motion 40 but hopefully that wont be an issue.
Audyssey in my Marantz 8805 crosses the 50xt at 200 Hz. Seems high I know, but I've grown to rely on its decisions. Maybe because of my Klipsch RSW-12 sub.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page