Best in ceiling speakers for Atmos? - Page 101 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 863Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #3001 of 3010 Old 09-11-2019, 08:06 PM
Advanced Member
 
DekPM19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Pooler, Ga
Posts: 974
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by burton14e7 View Post
Dang, I was hoping there was another JBL 8" that I hadn't found that might work.
Have you looked at the Jbl scs8 Speakers
Allen
DekPM19 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3002 of 3010 Old 09-12-2019, 06:26 AM
Member
 
burton14e7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 92
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by DekPM19 View Post
Have you looked at the Jbl scs8 Speakers
Allen
I have but I need in ceiling speakers so that the projection doesn't get clipped on the way to the screen. My first choice was JTR 8HT-LPs.
burton14e7 is offline  
post #3003 of 3010 Old 09-12-2019, 07:45 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
tigerhonaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: TN. USA
Posts: 1,613
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 594 Post(s)
Liked: 608
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by burton14e7 View Post
I have but I need in ceiling speakers so that the projection doesn't get clipped on the way to the screen. My first choice was JTR 8HT-LPs.
Have you checked the one's below out yet ???

When I do Atmos I'm going with 6 of the below speakers.











Terry
tigerhonaker is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3004 of 3010 Old 09-12-2019, 08:17 AM
Member
 
burton14e7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 92
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerhonaker View Post
Have you checked the one's below out yet ???

When I do Atmos I'm going with 6 of the below speakers.

Terry
No, I didn't even know these exist to be honest. The reason I was looking into the JBLs is because the 8"ers are supposed to be a close match to JTR speakers which I'm putting everywhere else(when the wife approves the expense....haha). I'll have to check these out though! Do they have a non-angled version for the over head position or how do you make that work?

Edit: Ah, I see that they have a normal sealed 6.5" sealed in-ceiling version.

Last edited by burton14e7; 09-12-2019 at 08:27 AM.
burton14e7 is offline  
post #3005 of 3010 Old 09-12-2019, 08:37 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
tigerhonaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: TN. USA
Posts: 1,613
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 594 Post(s)
Liked: 608
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by burton14e7 View Post
No, I didn't even know these exist to be honest. The reason I was looking into the JBLs is because the 8"ers are supposed to be a close match to JTR speakers which I'm putting everywhere else(when the wife approves the expense....haha). I'll have to check these out though! Do they have a non-angled version for the over head position or how do you make that work?
Burton,

Sorry buddy I don't know anything other than what Triad says about them.

Here is some additional information you might find interesting.
Just so you know these are considered Top-of-the-Line Atmos speakers.















Below is what Atmos will cost me in US dollars.
I do-Not have the funds "Yet" so Atmos is on hold until my Very-Small-Bucket gets filled once again for H/T Modifications/Changes.




Terry
burton14e7 likes this.
tigerhonaker is offline  
post #3006 of 3010 Old 09-12-2019, 06:38 PM
Advanced Member
 
DekPM19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Pooler, Ga
Posts: 974
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by burton14e7 View Post
I have but I need in ceiling speakers so that the projection doesn't get clipped on the way to the screen. My first choice was JTR 8HT-LPs.
I didn’t think about the projector or them being in the way.

I have the Jbl 590 across the front and I have klipsch sides and rears (I was going to do an all klipsch set up) but the 590 was such a good price I bought to try, and they are great. My point here I really can’t tell the difference between the speakers. Sound comes from where it is supposed to and it sounds good. I have seen people use the rsl in ceiling with jtr’s so I am thinking about trying some of the klipsch in ceiling with my speakers next year. I think it is a klipsch 5800 in ceiling. The difference is the compression drivers that a lot of people want now days.

Just my thoughts

Allen
DekPM19 is offline  
post #3007 of 3010 Old 09-13-2019, 07:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Dawn Gordon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Jupiter, FL
Posts: 1,223
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 414 Post(s)
Liked: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerhonaker View Post
Burton,

Sorry buddy I don't know anything other than what Triad says about them.

Here is some additional information you might find interesting.
Just so you know these are considered Top-of-the-Line Atmos speakers.












https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RX7UNpWqTpg



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCcrQU8PbzQ


Below is what Atmos will cost me in US dollars.
I do-Not have the funds "Yet" so Atmos is on hold until my Very-Small-Bucket gets filled once again for H/T Modifications/Changes.




Terry

I shot that first video. LOL
tigerhonaker likes this.

________________________________________

[email protected]
Dawn Gordon is offline  
post #3008 of 3010 Old 09-14-2019, 07:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lemonslush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: MA
Posts: 1,761
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 895 Post(s)
Liked: 445
how about klipsch 5800II for atmos. They have a swiveling woofer that can turn and be angled along with a 1" Ti tweeter thats aim able. They are like $200-300 each depending on where you buy them. Open back. Its what I was thinking to match with my 1099s. I was also considering the scs8 but if your doing 6 atmos speakers the front two may get in the way cause they are pretty large boxes. Any of the volt DIY speakers would work well with JRTs and all can take plenty of power if your a DIY type. They can be IB mounted or thrown in a box. Or ceiling mounted then glue the back on the back side of the drywall for a "in ceiling enclosed speaker" kinda thing. All high sensitivity, wide dispersion and high power handling

"we need more power" - My Wife.

Theater Build Thread - Wartooth
lemonslush is offline  
post #3009 of 3010 Old 09-15-2019, 08:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Jonas2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: South Bay Area
Posts: 5,671
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2826 Post(s)
Liked: 1787
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerhonaker View Post
Below is what Atmos will cost me in US dollars.
I do-Not have the funds "Yet" so Atmos is on hold until my Very-Small-Bucket gets filled once again for H/T Modifications/Changes.

Yeah, with prices like what you're being quoted? I can understand why you might not have the money yet...Dunno about those speaker prices, and the amp is MSRP, but you really don't need $3,000 worth of wire and such "fancy" XLR cables. Even the optional ones, both the wire and XLRs are over-priced. The fact that they are offering you the option of 12/2 cable tells me you don't need 10/2, guessing your runs are much, much shorter than what 8 Ohm would demand at 10AWG. You could easily shave at least $3,000 off this bill, probably more.
tigerhonaker likes this.

7.2.4 System: Display: Sony XBR-65X930D; Processing: Anthem AVM60
Mains:
Paradigm Prestige 85F and 55C; Side / Rear Surrounds: Totem Acoustic Tribe III / Tribe I; Amplification: D-Sonic M3a-2800-7 (7ch. x 400w)
ATMOS:
Definitive Technology DI8R; Amplification: Class D Audio SDS-470C (4ch. x 300w)
Subwoofers:
2 x SVS-SB13Ultras; Media: Oppo UDP-203, Pioneer CLD-59
Jonas2 is offline  
post #3010 of 3010 Old 09-19-2019, 11:11 PM
Newbie
 
Starstrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonslush View Post
how about klipsch 5800II for atmos. They have a swiveling woofer that can turn and be angled along with a 1" Ti tweeter thats aim able. They are like $200-300 each depending on where you buy them. Open back. Its what I was thinking to match with my 1099s. I was also considering the scs8 but if your doing 6 atmos speakers the front two may get in the way cause they are pretty large boxes. Any of the volt DIY speakers would work well with JRTs and all can take plenty of power if your a DIY type. They can be IB mounted or thrown in a box. Or ceiling mounted then glue the back on the back side of the drywall for a "in ceiling enclosed speaker" kinda thing. All high sensitivity, wide dispersion and high power handling
I was wondering the same thing a week ago and decided on the Klipsch CDT-5800-C II in-ceilings x 4 for a 7.2.4 setup. Unfortunately they’re still 10 days out, so I’ll have wait to test them out.

If anyone has these bad boys setup, I’d love your thoughts.
Starstrike is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
atmos , ceiling speakers

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off