Official Reaction Audio Thread - Page 114 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1339Likes

post #3391 of 3591 Old 08-19-2016, 08:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1714 Post(s)
Liked: 1669
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
What am I looking at here? Is that a cross-over from RA?
Yes but not sure about the specific model, it was posted by an owner in another Thread. Looks like they employed a group of very young children for the final assembly. That said, I'm sure the underlying engineering was top notch
ahblaza and basshead81 like this.

Anxiety is contagious, please keep yours to yourself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3392 of 3591 Old 08-19-2016, 10:06 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 206 Post(s)
Quoted: 350 Post(s)
Liked: 10080
Quote:
What am I looking at here? Is that a cross-over from RA CX-12 with Radian drivers? Did I just get scammed?
Yep...says CX-12 right on the crossover!
ahblaza likes this.
post #3393 of 3591 Old 08-19-2016, 11:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 29
The tracking number Jeremy sent me for my Sub's speaker replacement is saying it's currently out for deliver. We'll see how the innards look when I take it apart this weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3394 of 3591 Old 08-19-2016, 11:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 695 Post(s)
Liked: 687
Quote:
The tracking number Jeremy sent me for my Sub's speaker replacement is saying it's currently out for deliver. We'll see how the innards look when I take it apart this weekend.
Are you getting an entire Subwoofer or just the driver?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
post #3395 of 3591 Old 08-19-2016, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lz7j View Post
Are you getting an entire Subwoofer or just the driver?

Just the driver. He refused to replace the Sub outright.
post #3396 of 3591 Old 08-19-2016, 04:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Just the driver. He refused to replace the Sub outright.
Make sure to take pictures what your subwoofer looks like internally and post it here. I'm curious to see if the denim insulation material was properly secured on the cabinet wall by spray adhesive and the sub wires properly secured by zip ties!
ahblaza likes this.
post #3397 of 3591 Old 08-19-2016, 08:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Quoted: 2513 Post(s)
Liked: 3699
@nikko I didn't start using Audyssey until a few years ago even though I had it on all my receivers. I like to take close mic measurements on both loudspeakers and subs first to see if anything's amiss and see (hear) what they're capable of and then I'll run Audyssey. Did you measure the CX-12s active yet, also I don't know if I missed it or not but how's the finish on the 12s?

@JOHN do you have the CX-12s?

Last edited by ahblaza; 08-19-2016 at 08:28 PM.
post #3398 of 3591 Old 08-19-2016, 09:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Quoted: 2513 Post(s)
Liked: 3699
Quote:
What's wrong with the driver, better yet what's the problem with the sub that you're getting a new driver. Why wait till the driver arrives, remove the old driver now and check inside the box and post some pics.
post #3399 of 3591 Old 08-20-2016, 05:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 580 Post(s)
Liked: 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post
What's wrong with the driver, better yet what's the problem with the sub that you're getting a new driver. Why wait till the driver arrives, remove the old driver now and check inside the box and post some pics.
I believe at least some of the screws affixing the driver to the sub box are stripped. I'm not sure John has yet found a solution for removing the driver. When he he does he should definitely provide some pics.
ahblaza likes this.
post #3400 of 3591 Old 08-20-2016, 07:42 AM

I received the Sub driver from Jeremy yesterday evening. Of course the screws he promised to replace weren't anywhere to be found.

He left a good half inch from the driver to the top of the box. Hope nothing was stacked on the box during transit

But what's this? There's another driver just below it. He sent 2?

So what kind of driver are these exactly? I don't see any brand/writing on them anywhere.

cel4145 likes this.
post #3401 of 3591 Old 08-20-2016, 07:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
What am I looking at here? Is that a cross-over from RA CX-12 with Radian drivers? Did I just get scammed?
Hi John,
That was my crossover for the cx12. The initial crossover boards before April 2015 were hot glued on MDF boards (not sure if they were prototype models?!). The xo vendor later migrated to PCB's.

The immediate replacement board is on the right, the left is the vendor modified crossover which fixes the major dip at 700hz-1100hz which also introduced major THD at higher output.

post #3402 of 3591 Old 08-20-2016, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Hi John,
That was my crossover for the cx12. The initial crossover boards before April 2015 were hot glued on MDF boards (not sure if they were prototype models?!). The xo vendor later migrated to PCB's.

The immediate replacement board is on the right, the left is the vendor modified crossover which fixes the major dip at 700hz-1100hz which also introduced major THD at higher output.

Did Jeremy every tell you why he performed such an amateur job on the crossover mount?
post #3403 of 3591 Old 08-20-2016, 07:55 AM

Quote:
@nikko I didn't start using Audyssey until a few years ago even though I had it on all my receivers. I like to take close mic measurements on both loudspeakers and subs first to see if anything's amiss and see (hear) what they're capable of and then I'll run Audyssey. Did you measure the CX-12s active yet, also I don't know if I missed it or not but how's the finish on the 12s?

I have 3 CX-12s. As far as I can tell they sound great. I'm just a layman though and only comparing them to my father-in-law's Aperions.

I'm not sure what's wrong with the driver if anything. That's just what Jeremy sent me after I sent him sound samples of my issue. I wanted to ship the whole thing back to him for a replacement but he said no. Even after the poor finishing (glue bubbles) and stripped screws.
ahblaza likes this.
post #3404 of 3591 Old 08-20-2016, 08:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I received the Sub driver from Jeremy yesterday evening. Of course the screws he promised to replace weren't anywhere to be found.

He left a good half inch from the driver to the top of the box. Hope nothing was stacked on the box during transit

But what's this? There's another driver just below it. He sent 2?

So what kind of driver are these exactly? I don't see any brand/writing on them anywhere.

Those are Paul Pierce Audio drivers. I think you have the PS-15x sub, right? If so, those appear to be the upgraded drivers on the gamma15.

Not sure why he sent you two... Maybe as a backup in case the first one doesn't work? That happened to me. One of the drivers on my dual opposed 18 sub was leaking (cracked frame due to over tightening), got replacement drivers and one of them had a voicecoil issue.

If both checks out ok, go to the DIY forum and build yourself a second box for that 15"!

post #3405 of 3591 Old 08-20-2016, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Those are Paul Pierce Audio drivers. I think you have the PS-15x sub, right? If so, those appear to be the upgraded drivers on the gamma15.

Not sure why he sent you two... Maybe as a backup in case the first one doesn't work? That happened to me. One of the drivers on my dual opposed 18 sub was leaking (cracked frame due to over tightening), got replacement drivers and one of them had a voicecoil issue.

If both checks out ok, go to the DIY forum and build yourself a second box for that 15"!

Thanks for the info. PS-15X sounds about right. There's no branding/model number on RA stuff (at least not mine) so it's hard to say for sure.

So these are good quality drivers then?
post #3406 of 3591 Old 08-20-2016, 08:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks for the info. PS-15X sounds about right. There's no branding/model number on RA stuff (at least not mine) so it's hard to say for sure.

So these are good quality drivers then?
Yes they are. Paul Pierce is a well known sub builder within the car audio competition crowd.

Gorilla Killa likes this.
post #3407 of 3591 Old 08-20-2016, 12:18 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 3543 Post(s)
Liked: 3528
Quote:
Did Jeremy every tell you why he performed such an amateur job on the crossover mount?
Is that a real question?
post #3408 of 3591 Old 08-20-2016, 12:29 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post
Is that a real question?
You're really enjoying this aren't you?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
post #3409 of 3591 Old 08-20-2016, 03:01 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 3543 Post(s)
Liked: 3528
Quote:
Originally Posted by stsand View Post

Enjoying what?

His question makes no sense. Do you really think Jeremy would say hey, btw I didn't feel like putting any effort into the xover so sorry it looks like crap. Lmao I mean cmon
post #3410 of 3591 Old 08-20-2016, 03:14 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Enjoying what?

His question makes no sense. Do you really think Jeremy would say hey, btw I didn't feel like putting any effort into the xover so sorry it looks like crap. Lmao I mean cmon
Enjoying the tire fire... ambulance chasing.. Whatever you want to call it.

post #3411 of 3591 Old 08-20-2016, 03:18 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 271 Post(s)
Quoted: 5966 Post(s)
Liked: 5509
Quote:
Originally Posted by stsand View Post

I think its just further proof of BF's assertion that edgeBS! is nothing but a DYI'er… and perhaps not even a glorified one.
post #3412 of 3591 Old 08-20-2016, 03:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Jeff, yellow is the BEFORE measurement for the CX12

Literally 10-15mins of tweaking in-room with the active setup (since Jeremy @edgebsl LIED again and is now ignoring me). I need to drag the speaker out to the backyard and try to get accurate measurements before I tweak it further. I also sent an inquiry to Radian as to why it's sharply dropping off at 12khz.

And for the heck of it, here's the CX-10 measurement @Soulburner posted here https://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-spe...l#post34279642

Having the correct XO design on these speakers is a night and day difference. Too bad Jeremy didn't do these Radian speakers justice.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cx12andmodel8sr_FR.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	231.3 KB
ID:	1613913   Click image for larger version

Name:	cx12-active.jpg
Views:	460
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	1613921  

Last edited by lz7j; 08-20-2016 at 04:00 PM.
post #3413 of 3591 Old 08-20-2016, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Is that a real question?

Considering he was an active member of this forum and accepted money from this very community, yes. Are you saying he's a charlatan? I was giving him the benefit of the doubt, perhaps he got down on his luck or was having personal issues and being a coward couldn't to deal with his customers.

With that said - I should have listened to you early on.

I guess the good news is we can always knock on his front door if needed.

https://www.google.com/maps/@30.4505...56!4b1!6m1!1e1
ahblaza likes this.

Last edited by John Robinson; 08-20-2016 at 04:48 PM.
post #3414 of 3591 Old 08-20-2016, 06:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 1598 Post(s)
Liked: 1088
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post
Wow, I step away from AVS for a while and suddenly I'm the bad guy?
I haven't been on AVS much for at least 4-5 months because I no longer really have any AV gear and have other things on the go, my son's racing dirt bikes so I sold everything that I had back in December. I'm sorry what's happened to people, I still maintain that I don't think Jeremy would set out to have this happen like the way it has on purpose.

I would hardly say I was a shill for RA, I will say that I'm typically an enthusiastic owner. It was this way when I owned PSA products, JTR products, Falson screen products and when I was into DIY subs. So if I'm being called a shill I must be a shill for all of those brands and markets too. People can go back a look at my posts in those threads too and I still have hundreds on Pm's from talking to people about those brands too. It's really no different then anyone else that recommends gear to people. Before I owned RA products I would reach out to people that were interested in stuff like JTR or other products that I owned.

In the end I did indeed sell all of my other gear and had all RA gear, I also hosted a GTG where other members heard the RA product and all thought it sounded great, people can see those GTG threads for themselves.

I don't really feel the need to have to defend myself for anything, how was I suppose to know all of this would happen the way it has. Did people cast shadows on anyone that use to recommend eD products or Epik stuff? Or any other company that had fallen on hard times?

Anyways I still hope that Jeremy can turn things around, despite the picture that some have painted of him I still think he's a good guy that had some bad situations happen to him. Unfortunately it's hard to sell products when no ones buying.

Anyways I'm not here to get into a long drawn out debate about the current situation and like I said I'm not on here very often as at the current moment I just have other things, more important things going on in my life.

I have been friends with Joe for along time now, I am going to say that he is far from a paid shill. I don't think it is any different than someone that owns any other product. When you buy a brand and like it, you tend to tell others the quality of the product and recommend the product. I have done it and so have many others. I don't very many people would own the stuff the own with out user feedback and suggestions? Joe tipped me off to JTR years ago when I was searching for new mains and he was far from a paid shill from JTR. I talk to him all the time on the side and FB and never once did he try to sway me to buy Reaction stuff. After hearing the CX-15's, there is not much he could do to get me to buy them Anyway, I know Joe has been racing and my son raced motocross for many years and it is a full time hobby, not to mention without sponsors, it is expensive as hell. So I can back up that motocross takes allot of time and money and when you get involved it takes over all your free time. Just wanted to pass that along, Joe is a good dude and he is a passionate hobbyist just like the rest of us.
post #3415 of 3591 Old 08-20-2016, 06:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2263 Post(s)
Liked: 3110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
I have been friends with Joe for along time now, I am going to say that he is far from a paid shill. I don't think it is any different than someone that owns any other product. When you buy a brand and like it, you tend to tell others the quality of the product and recommend the product. I have done it and so have many others. I don't very many people would own the stuff the own with out user feedback and suggestions? Joe tipped me off to JTR years ago when I was searching for new mains and he was far from a paid shill from JTR. I talk to him all the time on the side and FB and never once did he try to sway me to buy Reaction stuff. After hearing the CX-15's, there is not much he could do to get me to buy them Anyway, I know Joe has been racing and my son raced motocross for many years and it is a full time hobby, not to mention without sponsors, it is expensive as hell. So I can back up that motocross takes allot of time and money and when you get involved it takes over all your free time. Just wanted to pass that along, Joe is a good dude and he is a passionate hobbyist just like the rest of us.
Glad to hear you speak up, Reefdvr. I have seen nothing in public that would change my mind about Joe. Solid poster and good member. What he may have said privately, is … gee … private. Heck, I’ve said things in private that I wished I hadn’t. Only once did a member post what I stated to him privately, which I felt was extremely bad form.
chucky7, jbrown15 and Reefdvr27 like this.

Music area: Magnepan 3.6, McIntosh MC2205 amp & C48 preamp, SVS SB13-Ultra, Oppo BDP 95, dbx 3BX, and assorted equipment.
Movie area: EMP Tek E5Bi (were rebadged to R5Bi), RBH/EMP Tek R55Ti, PSA S3000i, Denon X2000, Oppo BDP 83.
post #3416 of 3591 Old 08-20-2016, 07:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 580 Post(s)
Liked: 669
I'm not one to attribute malicious intentions to someone when it's not certain that it is the case. I don't know Joe. If I'm not mistaken, I recall that he was one of the earlier fans of JTR. His fandom for JTR, which is a solid, quality vendor likely gave, what now appears to be unwarranted, credence to Reaction. It's not entirely clear that the backlash to Joe in this thread is based on his being a fan of Reaction. Based on some of the comments in this thread, it's his recent absence after his prior alleged fervent sales pitches. I didn't experience that, so I can't opine one way or the other.
post #3417 of 3591 Old 08-20-2016, 09:28 PM

Joe - do you have a dedicated theater room with no speakers now? Also, did you pay full retail price for all RA speakers you had in your possession?
ahblaza and VicTorious1 like this.
post #3418 of 3591 Old 08-20-2016, 11:16 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 2524 Post(s)
Liked: 1997
Quote:
Joe - do you have a dedicated theater room with no speakers now? Also, did you pay full retail price for all RA speakers you had in your possession?

Hi John, I have a 15x15 media room at our new house that's basically a storage room now. My hope is that in the next year I'm able to do something with it funds permitting. And you're correct I literally don't have any speakers at the moment other than a pair of cheap wall mount flat panel style speakers to go with our 65" tv.

I was given a discount on a pair of CX-15's and CX-8's that Jeremy shipped to me for the GTG that I hosted. As far as I know this is a common thing among reviewers too that they can have the gear at a discounted price after reviewing it. I know Jeremy also discount a red pair of CX-15's that were at another GTG out east.

I paid full price for my center channel speaker, second pair of CX-8's and my two subs.
post #3419 of 3591 Old 08-21-2016, 07:56 AM

Honest question. My original purpose for creating an account here was to ask about Aperion Audio speakers. I ended up going with Reaction Audio. Personally I think my theater sounds amazing (sub rattle aside). Despite the issues with RA, would you guys say that 3 CX-10's and 4 CX-8's would sound better than say a 7.1 Aperion System or off the shelf Polk, Klipsch etc?

I know there's quality control issues, but I'm not knowledgeable enough to know what I have and what it compares to.
post #3420 of 3591 Old 08-21-2016, 08:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked: 804
Quote:
Honest question. My original purpose for creating an account here was to ask about Aperion Audio speakers. I ended up going with Reaction Audio. Personally I think my theater sounds amazing (sub rattle aside). Despite the issues with RA, would you guys say that 3 CX-10's and 4 CX-8's would sound better than say a 7.1 Aperion System or off the shelf Polk, Klipsch etc?

I know there's quality control issues, but I'm not knowledgeable enough to know what I have and what it compares to.
John...if your happy with your current set-up and feel it sounds terrific....than... why worry about it and how others will perceive what value they represent vs. other speakers...in fact only you can answer by doing a in home evaluation with said speakers.

Your biggest concern IMO...going forward is that RA remains a viable & alternative solution for new and existing customers...for parts and/or CS beyond the years of their warranty.

My best suggestion is don't go down that rabbit hole...if you're 100% satisfied...
ahblaza, gbreda, dsrussell and 1 others like this.

Ascend Acoustics: Towers, STC w RAAL & 200 SE in espresso,
54" of Panny Bliss, Anthem MRX 300, Oppo 103D,
Sub: Funk Audio 18: (Santos Rosewood)
Indian proverb: We don't inherit the earth from our ancestors but we borrow it from our children!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page