Vandersteen Audio New Web Site - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-04-2014, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Vandersteen Audio New Web Site

I'm probably late to the game and had been viewing a cached version but it appears Vandersteen has launched a new web site bringing them up to speed with other manufacturers in terms of web presence. Really great and I wonder if they'll ever introduce a direct to consumer (web) e-commerce model?

With traditional deal only customers like PS Audio offering e-commerce, I only see this trend growing.

http://vandersteen.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	v.png
Views:	70
Size:	474.3 KB
ID:	246066  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-04-2014, 12:31 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 431 Post(s)
Liked: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by loop7 View Post
I'm probably late to the game and had been viewing a cached version but it appears Vandersteen has launched a new web site bringing them up to speed with other manufacturers in terms of web presence. Really great and I wonder if they'll ever introduce a direct to consumer (web) e-commerce model?

With traditional deal only customers like PS Audio offering e-commerce, I only see this trend growing.

http://vandersteen.com

Really great and I wonder if they'll ever introduce a direct to consumer (web) e-commerce model?

The website is nice!

but... not a chance in hell. He is VERY committed to dealer direct sales. If you are fortunate enough to have a dealer near you, you'll see that his dealers are the ones who have stock and are very knowledgeable.

I also wouldn't put PS Audio in the same breath as Vandersteen in this argument. It's not the same customer.
post #3 of 4 Old 09-04-2014, 12:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Good points and I was in fact putting both PSA and Vandersteen clientele in the same box but likely should have not.

I'm one of those Vandersteen customers who doesn't ever see myself buying another brand of speaker. Richard's products make so much sense to me and provide so much enjoyment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 09-06-2014, 08:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 140
I live in Central Illinois and we have lots of corn and soy beans but few audio dealers.

Out of curiosity, I checked for dealers in my area (within 200 miles) and found the closest to me was just over 2 hours away. Next closest was about 4. Curiously, no dealers in Chicago.

With high end audio shops dying quickly, specialty manufacturers are going to have to find somebody to sell their products for them.

Even items like product delivery and set-up become big issues when you are looking at hundreds of miles between dealers. Service too becomes a problem for a dealer when a house call becomes an all day affair, due to travel.

I think these "old school" manufacturers will eventually start selling direct, or, find their business dry up as the dealer network becomes history.

ID companies that are offering 30-60 home risk free trials seem to be the wave of the future.

I still miss the days where my town had 2 higher end dealers that sold, serviced, and consulted with the customer, until the big box stores pretty much wiped them out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page