Official Power Sound Audio Speaker Thread - Page 175 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 9180Likes

post #5221 of 8725 Old 07-13-2016, 02:40 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
Come on Tang don't leave us hanging like that. Are the 210T's growing on you or what's the story?
Yes they are!!! I think you said the mid bass was better,It definitely is better. I also like the look of tower speakers. They make quite the statement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post
guess the towers ended up wow'ing you haha nice!

WOWZERS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hopinater and Roadwar like this.

SAMSUNG UN607150- Sony UDP X800- PSA 210T L/R -PHANTOM CENTER -ENERGY RC-10 SURROUNDS -PSA S3000i - MARANTZ SR7008 - APPLE TV -MONSTER POWER HTS2600MK -DIRECTV HR44 -HARMONY ELITE

BASEMENT SETUP- SAMSUNG UN466500- ENERGY 50'S L/R - DENON-AVR-3311CI- PS3 -APPLETV- MINI GENIE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5222 of 8725 Old 07-13-2016, 08:09 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 121
AVS,

I need your additional support. Together with my significant other, I just auditioned the speakers in STEREO as follows:

- Polk Monitor 70 (inner, silver)
- PSA MTM-210T (middle, rock solid tower)
- Polk RTi-A9 (outside, the "beauties" according to my GF)

In pure stereo, no sub involved, the A9's sound round and sound - until a certain level, then the start screaming & yelling, still providing an rather deep bass. But not to forget, being powered with an XPA5.

The Monitor 70 sound more flat, less deep and less crisp'n'clear than the A9 - considering the cost for one of these speakers though, they do an pretty amazing job.

The 210s - WOW.

WOW.

Did I say WOW already??

Crisp, clear, punchy mids and simply vocal until (almost) reference, simply, because reference is too much in my home and for my ears. In pure stereo w/o any sub, I would not be sure if I'd go with the 210s despite their clearly well advanced crispiness and clarity, but then, what life would that be without a subwoofer? Or two, in my case ...

Engaging my two little fellas V1800, the combo unfolds their true strength: clear, crisp, loud, more headroom than imaginable (and needed) and spot-on with whatever thrown at them. Replacing at the same levels the 210s by the A9s, it just feels as if something is missing - something on all ends though: kick punch, clarity, crispness and clearness of voices. The deep bass provided by the A9s is simply not recognizable due to the shear power of the V1800s ;-)

I only can say WOW! Tom and his team from PSA designed a absolutely great combo! Thank you for this!

My next steps are to really and properly integrate the 210s into my HT. Therefore, the following questions are coming up:

- How far away from wall / wall / corner shall I position them? Angle to MLP?
- What is the best cut-off FQ on the AVR I should run them at? Currently, I've set them to 60Hz and am quite happy.
- Should I adjust the EQ to increase the punchy mid-bass more? If so, at what FQ?
- Not being used to the compression driver yet, I find them sometimes a slight notch to be too crisp & clear. Would you recommend engaging the EQ in the AVR and if so, at what Hz-range would you start to adjust to make them a little more "smooth"?
- I have set my V1800s to small room, cut-off at around 70Hz and gain at 11 o'clock on them, running the sub-out on the AVR at -5db. Any input on these settings?

Any further advice about how to most properly integrate the 210s, driven by the XPA5, along with the V1800s into my HT are greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

K
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07098.JPG
Views:	204
Size:	921.8 KB
ID:	1545121  

Yamaha CX-A5100 | 2x Emotiva XPA-5 & XPA-3 | PSA MTM-210T | PSA-MTM210C | PSA-MT110SR | 2x PSA V1800 | AM 8033-SII
Sony 65" 4K| Apple-TV | Network stuff | a lot of wires | Understanding & forgiving GF - priceless!
post #5223 of 8725 Old 07-13-2016, 09:12 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 159
@Kevin Grimm
Congratulations! I don't know how long you've played them but I felt that mine "loosened" up some after a few hours of playing at moderate levels and I didn't worry much about positioning until after that. I know positioning away from the front wall isn't so critical since these have no rear ports. I have mine one foot from the front wall and toed in at 15 degrees but mine are only eight feet apart. You will want to experiment with toe in with consideration to distance to the listening position in your room. I have mine crossed over at 80 Hz.
They are great speakers. Enjoy!!
Kelly
smit1001 likes this.

Sources: Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra, Fire TV
Processor and Amps: Emotiva XMC-1, XPA-DR2, XPA-5
Speakers: PSA 210Ts, 210C, dual S1500s, Polk surrounds

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5224 of 8725 Old 07-14-2016, 03:24 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Grimm View Post
AVS,

I need your additional support. Together with my significant other, I just auditioned the speakers in STEREO as follows:

In pure stereo, no sub involved, the A9's sound round and sound - until a certain level, then the start screaming & yelling, still providing an rather deep bass. But not to forget, being powered with an XPA5.

The Monitor 70 sound more flat, less deep and less crisp'n'clear than the A9 - considering the cost for one of these speakers though, they do an pretty amazing job.

The 210s - WOW.

WOW.

Did I say WOW already??

Crisp, clear, punchy mids and simply vocal until (almost) reference, simply, because reference is too much in my home and for my ears. In pure stereo w/o any sub, I would not be sure if I'd go with the 210s despite their clearly well advanced crispiness and clarity, but then, what life would that be without a subwoofer? Or two, in my case ...

Engaging my two little fellas V1800, the combo unfolds their true strength: clear, crisp, loud, more headroom than imaginable (and needed) and spot-on with whatever thrown at them. Replacing at the same levels the 210s by the A9s, it just feels as if something is missing - something on all ends though: kick punch, clarity, crispness and clearness of voices. The deep bass provided by the A9s is simply not recognizable due to the shear power of the V1800s ;-)

I only can say WOW! Tom and his team from PSA designed a absolutely great combo! Thank you for this!

My next steps are to really and properly integrate the 210s into my HT. Therefore, the following questions are coming up:

- What is the best cut-off FQ on the AVR I should run them at? Currently, I've set them to 60Hz and am quite happy.
- Should I adjust the EQ to increase the punchy mid-bass more? If so, at what FQ?
- Not being used to the compression driver yet, I find them sometimes a slight notch to be too crisp & clear. Would you recommend engaging the EQ in the AVR and if so, at what Hz-range would you start to adjust to make them a little more "smooth"?
- I have set my V1800s to small room, cut-off at around 70Hz and gain at 11 o'clock on them, running the sub-out on the AVR at -5db. Any input on these settings?

Any further advice about how to most properly integrate the 210s, driven by the XPA5, along with the V1800s into my HT are greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

K
Hey K,

I am leaning heavily towards the MTM-210 for my theater. This is based on all the reviews and shootouts I've read about and their generous return policy.

Is your front wall treated at all? Mine are with 2" OC703 and the LCR will be placed behind an AT Screen. Due to the configuration/size of my room, the speakers will pretty much be up against the wall with a couple/few inches from the screen. I contacted Tom and he didn't see an issue with my set-up.

I recommend you connect with him and ask your questions (he's always on the chat on their website) and I'm sure he'll answer your questions.

Good luck and let us know how it works out.
smit1001, ahblaza and Roadwar like this.
post #5225 of 8725 Old 07-14-2016, 09:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3330 Post(s)
Liked: 10009
Quote:

I have mine about a foot away from the wall and toed in to cross about three feet behind the MLP. I tried all sorts of toe in and in my room this sounded best. I started with them crossing in front of the MLP and didn't like it.

I cross over at 80 but I have also used 100 and even 110. They all sound good to me but for over all purposes I find 80 works best in most circumstances.

If you like more mid bass and you can EQ it in such as way that you like how it sounds then go for it. Mid-bass is usually in the 60 to 150 range IIRC.

I found that the crispness took a little getting used to coming from the mellow sound of my Polk RTi-A7's. Now that I'm used to it other speakers sound muddy to me.

I have my subs set to Large Room, the gains are at 9:00 and the crossovers on the subs are maxed out. Audyssey set my Trim in the AVR at -9.5 and I'm running it 9 dB hot.

But most of this will be dependent on your room and your ears so YMMV.

Subwoofers: PSA TV36 iPal X2 ...Speakers: PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210C Center- PSA MT110SR's Surrounds - RSL C34E Atmos... Motion Actuators: Crowson Shadow 8 - X2
Video: Samsung UN65KS9000 4K SUHD - Oppo UDP-203... AVR:Denon X4400... Gaming: XBOX ONE S

Guide to Subwoofer Calibration and Bass Preferences
post #5226 of 8725 Old 07-14-2016, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 181 Post(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked: 8839
@KevinG rimm

If you compare speakers without sub you need to boost the 210's about 3-4db around 30hz if you can. Then I think you would they are solid in 2ch only. However with quality sub's there is no need.

Congrats!
post #5227 of 8725 Old 07-23-2016, 08:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 181 Post(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked: 8839
post #5228 of 8725 Old 07-23-2016, 09:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Quoted: 1378 Post(s)
Liked: 3390
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
Crickets.....
Haha, I almost posted yesterday asking someone to get things rolling on this thread again. Maybe everyone is on summer vacation or spending time grilling in the 100+ degree heat or just enjoying their groovy PSA systems.

I wish the smaller PSA surround speakers were coming out a little sooner just for something shiny and new to consider for atmos, but I understand good things take time.

After the upfiring dolby enabled modules failed to work for my room, I just ordered some white (hoping for slightly better WAF) atmos/height speakers for my front wall. Almost everything audio I've done for the sake of WAF has backfired in a way, because she has mostly given in and doesn't care what I do. But I still try my best to compromise...fingers crossed. :smiley:

Just adding 2 atmos channels for now, and placing them maybe 8-10' off the floor above the L/R speakers. I hope they blend well enough with the PSA setup and can keep up. I'm very much looking forward to hearing what the dolby surround upmixer brings (hear great things) and true Atmos tracks. If all the supplies arrive this week, I should have everything up next weekend.
ahblaza, gbreda and Hopinater like this.
post #5229 of 8725 Old 07-24-2016, 11:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Quoted: 2057 Post(s)
Liked: 2210
Quote:
Crickets.....
Hopefully I will have something to add later this week. Moved my PSA speakers into the bedroom a few weeks ago but have been too busy to set them up. Hopefully will have time later this week next weekend.
post #5230 of 8725 Old 07-24-2016, 01:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I don't know if this counts but I went to the Crutchfield Outlet Tent Sale this weekend and picked up a new Samsung 65" 9000 series SUHD for an incredibly insane deal (over 50% off). Anyway, the new TV makes my PSA speakers sound even better!

That's step one into 4K High Def.

Subwoofers: PSA TV36 iPal X2 ...Speakers: PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210C Center- PSA MT110SR's Surrounds - RSL C34E Atmos... Motion Actuators: Crowson Shadow 8 - X2
Video: Samsung UN65KS9000 4K SUHD - Oppo UDP-203... AVR:Denon X4400... Gaming: XBOX ONE S

post #5231 of 8725 Old 07-24-2016, 01:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 559 Post(s)
Liked: 1018
Quote:
I don't know if this counts but I went to the Crutchfield Outlet Tent Sale this weekend and picked up a new Samsung 65" 9000 series SUHD for an incredibly insane deal (over 50% off). Anyway, the new TV makes my PSA speakers sound even better!

Hows the new display? I am still using a 2009 Kuro with nor hurry to replace it yet, except its only a 50". It was huge in 2009, now its entry level size
oneeyeblind likes this.
post #5232 of 8725 Old 07-24-2016, 02:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1182 Post(s)
Liked: 663
Quote:

Hey, a new product for PSA.

Self powered speakers for TV viewing.

I bet it could be done and sound great.
oneeyeblind likes this.
post #5233 of 8725 Old 07-24-2016, 05:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbreda View Post
Hows the new display? I am still using a 2009 Kuro with nor hurry to replace it yet, except its only a 50". It was huge in 2009, now its entry level size
Absolutely incredible!

I've been playing around learning the different picture settings but to be honest not much has needed to be tweaked. The TV up converts your source material and even old DVD's look much better on it. Next step is my new receiver. I'm looking at the Denon X4200 when they go on clearance later this fall and then I'll start considering getting the Samsung 4K UHD blu-ray player (I think its the only one out right now).

I have spent the last three years building the audio part of my HT while ignoring the visual part so when I saw this deal I decided it was time to focus a little on the visual again. Going from a 52" to a 65" screen is fun.
ahblaza and gbreda like this.

post #5234 of 8725 Old 07-24-2016, 11:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbreda View Post
Absolutely incredible!

I've been playing around learning the different picture settings but to be honest not much has needed to be tweaked. The TV up converts your source material and even old DVD's look much better on it. Next step is my new receiver. I'm looking at the Denon X4200 when they go on clearance later this fall and then I'll start considering getting the Samsung 4K UHD blu-ray player (I think its the only one out right now).

I have spent the last three years building the audio part of my HT while ignoring the visual part so when I saw this deal I decided it was time to focus a little on the visual again. Going from a 52" to a 65" screen is fun.
Two years ago I was sure I could go 4-5 more years without 4K, since there was almost no content. But I'm a very visual person, and now I'm jealous of all the 4k TV owners, funny how that works. I got a sweet deal on my 60" Vizio M 2014 edition to replace a broken plasma, and it's easily the best picture, dollar for dollar, that I've seen. I only paid half of retail so I tacked on an extended warranty to ensure it makes it to 5 years in my new home and now I've got 3 years to go...lol.

Do I need a better viewing experience to match the amazing PSA sound system? I think so, but it's really going to have to wait a few years as I have no excuse to get another TV...no good excuse anyway. :smiley:
post #5235 of 8725 Old 07-25-2016, 04:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 1286 Post(s)
Liked: 823
Quote:
AVS,

The 210s - WOW.

WOW.

Did I say WOW already??

Thank you,

K
While I have no advice for integration, I felt compelled to say

1) beautiful room
2) the center is massive! Makes your tv look like a computer monitor

Selling in AVS Classifieds
FS: Trinnov Altitude 16

Last edited by madhuski; 07-25-2016 at 04:50 AM.
post #5236 of 8725 Old 07-25-2016, 10:31 AM

Mentioned: 230 Post(s)
Quoted: 5269 Post(s)
Liked: 4794
Quote:
@KevinG rimm

If you compare speakers without sub you need to boost the 210's about 3-4db around 30hz if you can. Then I think you would they are solid in 2ch only. However with quality sub's there is no need.

Congrats!
I don't understand this recommendation. After looking at the HTS review and frequency response an 80Hz x-over appears ideal. I don't consider 30Hz mid-bass and I am guessing that a boost at 30Hz could proove detrimental by causing harmonic and IM distortion. Would you mind further explanation?
post #5237 of 8725 Old 07-25-2016, 08:14 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 348 Post(s)
Liked: 582
Quote:
Absolutely incredible!

first off, when you see that x4200 on clearance, give me a heads up. i've eyeballed that for a while but am still fairly content with my good ol' onkyo 805. i would love to have blutooth for music on my phone, and the newer version of audyssey i've heard is worth the upgrade. not to mention, i recently turned an extra bedroom into a video game/movie room for my kids. they have my old yamaha receiver that doesn't even have HDMI capability to it, um....THEY could use an upgrade to my 805. yeah, that's it...THEY need the upgrade.

second, i currently have a 65" panny plasma that i absolutely love. simply amazing picture. HOWEVER, if you guys haven't seen the new LG oleds in person....hang on to your hats. beyond stunning. it's been a long time since i have been so floored by the picture on a TV. i was seriously fixated on staring at it.
post #5238 of 8725 Old 07-25-2016, 08:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 1846 Post(s)
Liked: 1231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
I don't understand this recommendation. After looking at the HTS review and frequency response an 80Hz x-over appears ideal. I don't consider 30Hz mid-bass and I am guessing that a boost at 30Hz could proove detrimental by causing harmonic and IM distortion. Would you mind further explanation?
He probably means 2channel without a sub.
As in comparing speakers with no sub when going back to the original post about this topic.
So boosting the low end to make up for the lack of output because of lack of extension, but I'm also with you because these high sensitive speakers from PSA aren't exactly meant or ideal to run without a sub(s).

------------------------------------------------
Receiver : Denon x5200
Front Stage : L/R - Statements by Jim Holtz
Surround Speakers : Klipsch RF-82II x 4 / RP-280F x 2
Subwooferage : 6 UM18/4 HT18 Subwoofer Log
post #5239 of 8725 Old 07-25-2016, 08:47 PM

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 2668 Post(s)
Liked: 3015
Quote:
Originally Posted by digler84 View Post
first off, when you see that x4200 on clearance, give me a heads up.
Why wait?
Fry's Email Promo: Denon AVR-X4200W 7.2 Channel 4K Audyssey XT32 A/V Receiver - $897 + Free S&H
http://slickdeals.net/f/8955567-fry-...-897-free-s-h?

Your questions are answered: Speaker FAQ
Living room HT: Energy RC-50, Ascend Sierra Horizon w/RAAL, Ascend Sierra 1, PSB Imagine XA | PSA V1500 and CHT SS 18.1 | Denon X4200W | modified Dayton SA1000
Other rooms: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | Parasound Zamp | JBL LSR305
Headphone & Portable AKG K7XX | HE-400i | NAD HP50 | Sony MDR-1A | Soundmagic E50 & E80 | X5ii | DX50 | E12
post #5240 of 8725 Old 07-26-2016, 03:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 1105 Post(s)
Liked: 1636
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post
Why wait?
Fry's Email Promo: Denon AVR-X4200W 7.2 Channel 4K Audyssey XT32 A/V Receiver - $897 + Free S&H
Wow cel4145, perfect timing! Great chance for a 4K receiver for those in the market.
post #5241 of 8725 Old 07-26-2016, 05:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizrussspike View Post
Quote:
Why wait?
Wow cel4145, perfect timing! Great chance for a 4K receiver for those in the market.
That is a very nice receiver; I bought one recently with a 5 year square trade warranty for $900, couldn't pass that up.

It has jump started my journey into Atmos, and I'm rehanging the rear surrounds a couple feet lower today to better accommodate the 5.1.4 setup that'll hopefully be done within a week. At least working with the MT110-SR at ground level should be a piece of cake compared to hanging off a ladder while one arm juggling those behemoths; they are deceptively heavy, built like tanks.

I'm curious if I'll notice much of a difference for 5.1 tracks just lowering the surrounds, because I think the MT110-SR sounds fantastic even with them almost 7' high angled at the MLP. I know it'll add better separation for atmos. Eh, what's a few more holes to patch for finally doing it right? :smiley:
ahblaza and lizrussspike like this.
post #5242 of 8725 Old 07-26-2016, 05:56 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Absolutely incredible!

Congrats on the new display Hop!

Toys, Toys, Toys................

Isn't it great!
Hopinater likes this.
post #5243 of 8725 Old 07-26-2016, 07:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Why wait?
Man that looks tempting. But there are a couple of reasons why I need to wait. First I need to recover a little financially from the TV purchase. Second I get Crutchfield reward points that I can use towards saving money on future purchases. Third I use my Discover cash back credits at Crutchfield and that's saves even more. My goal is to walk away spending less that $600 on the receiver when all is said and done.

Another awesome perk with living near the Crutchfield store is if a receiver has an issue all I have to do is walk into the store, give it to them and they give me a loaner while they send it off for repairs under the warranty. Hassle free and no shipping costs. Crutchfield has customer service very much like PSA.

I love good customer service. Once I find it I stick with it whenever possible.

post #5244 of 8725 Old 07-26-2016, 07:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I used to love crutchfield magazines in the 90s, with their informative how-to articles and tech reviews. It was what got me and all my friends into car audio for our first vehicles and probably helped fuel my home A/V passion at a young age.
post #5245 of 8725 Old 07-26-2016, 09:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 1105 Post(s)
Liked: 1636
Quote:
Man that looks tempting. But there are a couple of reasons why I need to wait. First I need to recover a little financially from the TV purchase. Second I get Crutchfield reward points that I can use towards saving money on future purchases. Third I use my Discover cash back credits at Crutchfield and that's saves even more. My goal is to walk away spending less that $600 on the receiver when all is said and done.

Another awesome perk with living near the Crutchfield store is if a receiver has an issue all I have to do is walk into the store, give it to them and they give me a loaner while they send it off for repairs under the warranty. Hassle free and no shipping costs. Crutchfield has customer service very much like PSA.

Well Hopinater, hopefully Thanksgiving will be the right time for that to happen.
post #5246 of 8725 Old 07-26-2016, 02:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Moved one surround down 2 feet and one to go!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160726_152903_1469567438832.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	1566129  
cel4145 likes this.
post #5247 of 8725 Old 07-26-2016, 03:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 196
Hey everyone,

been lurking on the forums for a while now. I got a dedicated theater room. in the near future I wanna upgrade my speakers. I have polk tsi series and one svs pb2000 now. another pb2000 will come eventually, but I want to get better speakers.

I was thinking of trying the SVS Primes and others like them in that price range, but high efficiency speakers have grabbed my attention. I love watching my movies at about -10db.

So heres my question:

should I stick with speakers like the SVS primes and other like it in that price range, or just say screw it and get 3 MTM110s for the front and add the surrounds later?

-would the 210s be of any advantage in my room (I do like the look of the 210c better then the 110c)

I'm sure high efficiency speakers are in a whole different league than other speakers.

here's my room:

any input?

Polk CS20Polk Tsi 500'sPolk Tsi 200'sDenon AVR 3300WSilver Ticket 92'' 16;9 White ScreenBenq HT2050 ProjectorXbox OneWii UPanasonic DMP-BDT 210SVS PB-2000Auralex Great Gramma/MoPADParagon 4oz Theater Pop Popcorn MachineLogitech Harmony One
post #5248 of 8725 Old 07-26-2016, 04:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Quoted: 2057 Post(s)
Liked: 2210
Quote:

Bad part is they probably charge tax if you live in the same state.
post #5249 of 8725 Old 07-26-2016, 06:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post
Bad part is they probably charge tax if you live in the same state.
This is true.

But it gets made up for in the other ways.

post #5250 of 8725 Old 07-26-2016, 06:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman61405 View Post
Hey everyone,

been lurking on the forums for a while now. I got a dedicated theater room. in the near future I wanna upgrade my speakers. I have polk tsi series and one svs pb2000 now. another pb2000 will come eventually, but I want to get better speakers.

I was thinking of trying the SVS Primes and others like them in that price range, but high efficiency speakers have grabbed my attention. I love watching my movies at about -10db.

So heres my question:

should I stick with speakers like the SVS primes and other like it in that price range, or just say screw it and get 3 MTM110s for the front and add the surrounds later?

-would the 210s be of any advantage in my room (I do like the look of the 210c better then the 110c)

I'm sure high efficiency speakers are in a whole different league than other speakers.

here's my room:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF8nDuPGiaE

any input?
My input is if High Efficiency speakers have grabbed your attention then I would grab the either the 110's or the 210's. The 210T's will give more mid-bass punch but other than that (and the fact they look AWESOME) you won't hear a ton of difference.

So for price purposes I would choose the 110's. However, if mid-bass is important to you then I would consider the 210's.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page