Official Power Sound Audio Speaker Thread - Page 204 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 9182Likes

post #6091 of 8730 Old 02-02-2017, 10:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1606 Post(s)
Liked: 4684
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNLiberal View Post
Is there anyway to attach the speakers to that stand? Or are they any stands that allow you to attach the speaker firmly to them?
Short of drilling holes into the top plate and then(yikes), screwing the speaker to it, no.
I used four 1/4"x2" Isolate It brand sorbothane spacers on the plate and some Blu tac for good measure.
It's very sturdy! Would take a pretty good bump or shove to fall off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6092 of 8730 Old 02-02-2017, 11:08 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 262
I've got the TransDeco 24" stands with my MT-110's on them. Even with a toddler running around, I have never worried about them falling off. They stay put pretty well.
I also have my MT-110SR's on wall mount swivel holders, the SR's come with mounting holes on the back of the speaker. You could mount them on the front wall with something like that an eliminate stands all together. Some of the wall mounts extend out pretty far, I think mine goes out about 20" from the wall at full extension.

post #6093 of 8730 Old 02-02-2017, 11:28 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Kentucky View Post
I've got the TransDeco 24" stands with my MT-110's on them. Even with a toddler running around, I have never worried about them falling off. They stay put pretty well.
I also have my MT-110SR's on wall mount swivel holders, the SR's come with mounting holes on the back of the speaker. You could mount them on the front wall with something like that an eliminate stands all together. Some of the wall mounts extend out pretty far, I think mine goes out about 20" from the wall at full extension.
The toddler thing is what I'm worried about. I was writing out this super long introduction post, but what the heck...I've got a little guy who is about ready to start crawling. Wife and I are worried about the speakers we currently have could fall on him due to how they're setup. I was thinking about the towers, MTM-210C and the MT-110sr for a 5.0 setup. I might as well replace all the mismatched speakers I have now. However, in my room, the MTM-210T look huge and cost a lot. I just wonder if I could get away with the MT-110 on sturdy stands that won't fall over on a little one. I'm just worried if I fill a stand with sand/steel shot, that he'll still find a way to pull on the actual speaker cable and have the 35lb speaker land on him.

Fronts: Power Sound Audio MTM-210T | Center: Power Sound Audio MTM-210C | Rears: Power Sound Audio MT-110SR | Sub: JBL PB12
AVR: Denon AVR3312CI
| TV: Sony 65" KDL65W850C | Streaming: nVidia Shield 16GB 2018 | BluRay: PlayStation 3 | HTPC: Kodibuntu
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6094 of 8730 Old 02-02-2017, 11:36 AM

Quote:
The toddler thing is what I'm worried about. I was writing out this super long introduction post, but what the heck...I've got a little guy who is about ready to start crawling. Wife and I are worried about the speakers we currently have could fall on him due to how they're setup. I was thinking about the towers, MTM-210C and the MT-110sr for a 5.0 setup. I might as well replace all the mismatched speakers I have now. However, in my room, the MTM-210T look huge and cost a lot. I just wonder if I could get away with the MT-110 on sturdy stands that won't fall over on a little one. I'm just worried if I fill a stand with sand/steel shot, that he'll still find a way to pull on the actual speaker cable and have the 35lb speaker land on him.
I've got the speaker cable running in the stand, there's no way to grab the speaker cable so the only way it's falling is if they knock the stand over too. The stands are pretty heavy, and have a big base so they're actually very sturdy. And with another 35lbs on them, they're not easy to budge. I was worried too, but it really hasn't been an issue at all. The other option is towers (which would actually be in reach of the toddler) or wall mounting. If you want them off the floor all together, you could use the MT-110SR for your front L/R with some nice extending wall mounts.

post #6095 of 8730 Old 02-02-2017, 06:11 PM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Anyone know of alternative surround speaker options for a new 210T, 210C, S1801 package? Both versions of the 110 are either too large or need to be mounted too close to the ceiling, most like hindering atmos. I was looking at the HSU HB-1 MK2 and the Ascend HTM-200 SE as options. Would these work well with the mains, or are their better options out there? Thank you.
post #6096 of 8730 Old 02-02-2017, 07:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Quoted: 1380 Post(s)
Liked: 3414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakdaddy View Post
Anyone know of alternative surround speaker options for a new 210T, 210C, S1801 package? Both versions of the 110 are either too large or need to be mounted too close to the ceiling, most like hindering atmos. I was looking at the HSU HB-1 MK2 and the Ascend HTM-200 SE as options. Would these work well with the mains, or are their better options out there? Thank you.
If you can DIY, the volt-6 or volt-8 offer terrific performance for their size. Several PSA owners have said these blend very well.

http://www.diysoundgroup.com/coaxial.../volt-6lx.html

Speakers: PSA MTM-210T x2, MTM-210C, MT-110SR x2; Atmos-SVS Satellite x2, DIY Volt-10 x2
Subs: PSA V1801 x2, DIY: 18" RSS460HO, 15" RSS390HO x2, BOSS w/JBL CX1200 x6
MA’s: Crowson Tech x2
Processing: Denon X4200, NU6KDSP, 3KDSP
Video: Epson 3700; Screen: Silver Ticket 106" High Contrast
post #6097 of 8730 Old 02-03-2017, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakdaddy View Post
My MT-110SR speakers are no where near the ceiling. Indexing wall mounts help on placement. Otherwise, as recommended above, the volt-8 seems to be a good choice. I think that's what I'm going to use for my Atmos speakers.

post #6098 of 8730 Old 02-04-2017, 01:56 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Liked: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullOfVexationComeI View Post
Greetings all. I am the new proud owner of some PSA speakers. About two month ago I ordered an Pioneer Andrew Jones 5.0 speaker set and a SVS-PB2000 sub as my first foray into home theater. I hooked it up, liked them, but it didn't take me long to figure out that I wanted more...way more. I had the bug. I decided that I wanted to skip through the process of making several marginal upgrades and go right to my endgame. After some internet research of this and other forums I decided on PSA. After a chat with Tom online I ordered two-110's for LR, one-110C, and two 110SR's. I ordered the speakers on Tuesday, January 3rd and they were hooked up in my basement by the evening of Thursday January 5th. What a time to be alive!!! Speakers are fantastic. Among other genres I really love some heavy metal and it really irked me that the Pioneers AJ's didn't handle the Meshuggah and Lamb of God very well at all. I threw everything I had at the 110's and they barely cracked a sweat. I cried for mercy long before they did which is exactly what I looking for with these speakers.
So I get the 110's hooked up Thursday night and can barely sleep thinking about my sub-woofer upgrade that's coming down the road. Friday morning I hop on the PSA chat and ask Tom a few questions about a the PSA subwoofers I'm considering and I am set on ordering them in a month or two. By lunch I have a complete breakdown in impulse control and willpower and end up pre-ordering a pair of V1801's. I was gonna do it anyways, might as well just get it out of the way right? I can't wait to hear how they sound compared to the single PB-2000.
A close friend of mine will be buying the Andrew Jones speakers and PB-2000 this weekend so I may be without a sub-woofer for a month until the V1801's get here which sucks but Im really glad to get rid of my old stuff so soon and hassle free.
This makes me feel a little better My journey started around a month ago when I was just going to upgrade a soundbar and wireless sub we were using in the bedroom. I tried an SVS SB12, then 2, determined it wasn't enough and put a PSA sub on order. I'd never paid attention to the "speaker" section of the PSA site and got intrigued after placing the sub order. The speakers have been haunting my mind for a good week or so. Long-story short I have an entire PSA setup on the way!
mnc, vardo, basshead81 and 4 others like this.
post #6099 of 8730 Old 02-04-2017, 02:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Quoted: 1380 Post(s)
Liked: 3414
Quote:
Originally Posted by albatros43 View Post
This makes me feel a little better My journey started around a month ago when I was just going to upgrade a soundbar and wireless sub we were using in the bedroom. I tried an SVS SB12, then 2, determined it wasn't enough and put a PSA sub on order. I'd never paid attention to the "speaker" section of the PSA site and got intrigued after placing the sub order. The speakers have been haunting my mind for a good week or so. Long-story short I have an entire PSA setup on the way!
And so it begins...the binge listening sessions will interrupt your activities of daily living like eating, drinking, bathing, etc., and may even derail your life goals. Unless one of them was to bask in the glory of an amazing audio setup, then rock on! 😃

Congrats on taking the plunge, may the new speakers bring you daily eargasms.

Speakers: PSA MTM-210T x2, MTM-210C, MT-110SR x2; Atmos-SVS Satellite x2, DIY Volt-10 x2
Subs: PSA V1801 x2, DIY: 18" RSS460HO, 15" RSS390HO x2, BOSS w/JBL CX1200 x6
MA’s: Crowson Tech x2
Processing: Denon X4200, NU6KDSP, 3KDSP
Video: Epson 3700; Screen: Silver Ticket 106" High Contrast
post #6100 of 8730 Old 02-04-2017, 02:46 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Liked: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekosche View Post
And so it begins...the binge listening sessions will interrupt your activities of daily living like eating, drinking, bathing, etc., and may even derail your life goals. Unless one of them was to bask in the glory of an amazing audio setup, then rock on! 😃

Congrats on taking the plunge, may the new speakers bring you daily eargasms.
What's funny is I hadn't even really read any reviews on here before deciding on the speakers. The one YouTube review by ZReviews was enough to intrigue my inner teenager. And Tom has been awesome at answering about 100 questions I've given him. I've done a complete 180 in the last month and originally didn't understand a bookshelf with no low-end. Now I completely understand it and think it makes perfect sense and that's what I'm going for. Having a lower powered receiver Marantz 1506 (50 WPC) has also helped drive my decision. Any "budget" I may have started with has gone up by literally several-fold. Oh well
post #6101 of 8730 Old 02-05-2017, 10:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quoted: 3339 Post(s)
Liked: 10039
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkpenguin View Post
@Hopinater

Hey hop, somebody in the movies forum just posted a large list of music available with surround sound.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/44-mov...und-discs.html
Thanks DP.

Subwoofers: PSA TV36 iPal X2 ...Speakers: PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210C Center- PSA MT110SR's Surrounds - RSL C34E Atmos... Motion Actuators: Crowson Shadow 8 - X2
Video: Samsung UN65KS9000 4K SUHD - Oppo UDP-203... AVR:Denon X4400... Gaming: XBOX ONE S

Guide to Subwoofer Calibration and Bass Preferences
post #6102 of 8730 Old 02-05-2017, 10:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by albatros43 View Post
What's funny is I hadn't even really read any reviews on here before deciding on the speakers. The one YouTube review by ZReviews was enough to intrigue my inner teenager. And Tom has been awesome at answering about 100 questions I've given him. I've done a complete 180 in the last month and originally didn't understand a bookshelf with no low-end. Now I completely understand it and think it makes perfect sense and that's what I'm going for. Having a lower powered receiver Marantz 1506 (50 WPC) has also helped drive my decision. Any "budget" I may have started with has gone up by literally several-fold. Oh well
If you're looking for reviews on the PSA speakers and/or subs you can scroll back through this thread and the PSA sub thread. I have posted several impressions of my PSA gear on both threads. But they are way back so they might be a pain to dig up.

However, many of the impressions/reviews that we have shared here (on these threads) are also on the PSA website. Just go to the PSA website and look under the "Support " drop down menu where you will see "Testimonials". If you scroll down about 14 testimonials you will find mine for the 110SR, V3600 and 110's.

I have also written some comparisons between the 110's and 210T's but they are only in this thread (somewhere).

Subwoofers: PSA TV36 iPal X2 ...Speakers: PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210C Center- PSA MT110SR's Surrounds - RSL C34E Atmos... Motion Actuators: Crowson Shadow 8 - X2
Video: Samsung UN65KS9000 4K SUHD - Oppo UDP-203... AVR:Denon X4400... Gaming: XBOX ONE S

post #6103 of 8730 Old 02-06-2017, 04:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 404
Quote:
Build a Pedestal (box) for a speaker stand. All you need is half way decent plywood, a table saw, and a router. build the basic box (less the lid) caulk, sand, paint, fill the box with sand, then screw the lid on and finish. The kids will never move that thing (we have a hype 5 year old grandson)

PSA MTM 210T's, MTM 210C, MT 110SR, V-1800
65" LG 4K, Denon AVR-X4300H, Audio Techica AT-LP120 / AT 440MLB, Xbox One X
post #6104 of 8730 Old 02-07-2017, 07:18 AM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 1898 Post(s)
Liked: 1818
If you dont want to build a box you can use something like these. They are 18" and hold the psas real nice. The bottom is open but it would be easy to close it off and fill them with sand for weight. They come in multiple colors and heights. I was using them prior to building my stage.

https://www.palaydisplay.com/Medium-...y-p-23184.html
k1n3t1k and ss nimrod like this.
post #6105 of 8730 Old 02-07-2017, 11:54 AM

Thanks for the ideas, guys! However, the speaker upgrade project might be on hold for a while. Wife's car was stolen this weekend and we just got it back, but damaged and filthy. Need to see if insurance will pay for the damage or total the car out.

It just sucks that I spent weeks reading all 203 pages of this thread, psyching myself up for this...Oh well.

Fronts: Power Sound Audio MTM-210T | Center: Power Sound Audio MTM-210C | Rears: Power Sound Audio MT-110SR | Sub: JBL PB12
| TV: Sony 65" KDL65W850C | Streaming: nVidia Shield 16GB 2018 | BluRay: PlayStation 3 | HTPC: Kodibuntu

Last edited by CNLiberal; 02-07-2017 at 12:19 PM.
post #6106 of 8730 Old 02-07-2017, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the ideas, guys! However, the speaker upgrade project might be on hold for a while. Wife's car was stolen this weekend and we just got it back, but damaged and filthy. Need to see if insurance will pay for the damage or total the car out.

Thats sucks! Did they catch the bastards at least?
post #6107 of 8730 Old 02-07-2017, 02:23 PM

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 404
Quote:

It just sucks that I spent weeks reading all 203 pages of this thread, psyching myself up for this...Oh well.

Did they catch the bastards?!?

The insurance companies are usually pretty good to work with.

July 2015 wife wife was hit head-on (guy was blind drunk, fled the scene, was chased down by good Samaritans), the insurance company settled in a couple of days, gave us more than the car was worth.

Good Luck!

PSA MTM 210T's, MTM 210C, MT 110SR, V-1800
65" LG 4K, Denon AVR-X4300H, Audio Techica AT-LP120 / AT 440MLB, Xbox One X
post #6108 of 8730 Old 02-08-2017, 02:39 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:

I am really bummed to hear the bad news. Hopefully all will work out soon and you can get back to pulling the trigger on your/our addiction! I actually just finished reading through the entire thread as well, over the last 2 days...the big difference is that I was doing while listening to my 210T's! Non-stop, I really love this speakers, best purchase I have made--even more than my 350z roadster!! It was fun reading through this thread and seeing just how many are in agreement about how impressive Tom & Jim's babies really are. I find myself nodding and smiling every time I read a description...I only have the two hooked up to a Sony STR-DN840 running music from my newly built PC right now, with a little help from a Polk PSW505 on the bottom end--don't hate, it's my bedroom setup! Thankfully Amazon Prime has tons of music for free streaming at a much better quality than my crappy 128kbs mps files. I had plenty of time to flesh out the plans and schemes for my, hopefully to start soon, mini home theatre build (11'x18'x7.5'). Thanks for all the great conversation, pics, and inspiration everyone!
post #6109 of 8730 Old 02-08-2017, 03:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 1110 Post(s)
Liked: 1640
all good WantMore , as some of us have come from Polk....I still use 2 PSW505's. They are decent for the price.
WantMore likes this.
post #6110 of 8730 Old 02-08-2017, 05:48 AM

@WantaMore

My doppelganger?! I have PSA's, a Z, a newly built computer, and love my Amazon music!

You have excellent taste sir!
WantMore likes this.
post #6111 of 8730 Old 02-08-2017, 07:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1308 Post(s)
Liked: 268
JBL 3677 to PSA 210 center and 110 for L&R. Is this a lateral move or upgrade?
post #6112 of 8730 Old 02-08-2017, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Thats sucks! Did they catch the bastards at least?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss nimrod View Post
Did they catch the bastards?!?

The insurance companies are usually pretty good to work with.

July 2015 wife wife was hit head-on (guy was blind drunk, fled the scene, was chased down by good Samaritans), the insurance company settled in a couple of days, gave us more than the car was worth.

Good Luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantMore View Post
I am really bummed to hear the bad news. Hopefully all will work out soon and you can get back to pulling the trigger on your/our addiction! I actually just finished reading through the entire thread as well, over the last 2 days...the big difference is that I was doing while listening to my 210T's! Non-stop, I really love this speakers, best purchase I have made--even more than my 350z roadster!! It was fun reading through this thread and seeing just how many are in agreement about how impressive Tom & Jim's babies really are. I find myself nodding and smiling every time I read a description...I only have the two hooked up to a Sony STR-DN840 running music from my newly built PC right now, with a little help from a Polk PSW505 on the bottom end--don't hate, it's my bedroom setup! Thankfully Amazon Prime has tons of music for free streaming at a much better quality than my crappy 128kbs mps files. I had plenty of time to flesh out the plans and schemes for my, hopefully to start soon, mini home theatre build (11'x18'x7.5'). Thanks for all the great conversation, pics, and inspiration everyone!
We got a call on Monday letting us know that they found the car. Apparently, they arrested four people, at least one of which (the driver) was a meth head. Today, its getting towed to an autobody place. Hopefully the cost to clean it (hazmat team due to needles found) and repair the damage isn't more than the value of the car. If so, I can say goodbye to PSA nirvana. Thanks for asking, guys!
oneeyeblind likes this.

post #6113 of 8730 Old 02-08-2017, 12:40 PM

So um, I don't like to condone bad behavior but uh, well, it would be real unfortunate if you had some PSA speakers in your car when it got stolen. *wink*wink*
Alan P and oneeyeblind like this.
post #6114 of 8730 Old 02-08-2017, 01:06 PM

Quote:
So um, I don't like to condone bad behavior but uh, well, it would be real unfortunate if you had some PSA speakers in your car when it got stolen. *wink*wink*
LoL! Unfortunately, things like that (like our brand new baby stroller, tools for the car, etc) are covered under homeowners, not vehicle. The thing that was covered? The quick connect car seat base. Only because it was "connected to the car". Total bummer.

Please go on discussing PSA! I want to hear more stories of their glory. I must bask in your reflected happiness.
oneeyeblind and vardo like this.

post #6115 of 8730 Old 02-08-2017, 01:54 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylinestar View Post
I'd also like to know how they compare. If anyone has had a chance to listen to both, your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
oneeyeblind likes this.
post #6116 of 8730 Old 02-08-2017, 03:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 889 Post(s)
Liked: 713
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by opus1 View Post
I'd also like to know how they compare. If anyone has had a chance to listen to both, your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Two very different speakers, the JBL will play lower and be able to be used without a sub where the PSA would need a sub.

I haven't listened to the Jbl Pro line but I have the JBL 590s and the JBL 590 vs PSA 210T towers I did have are very different sounding.
post #6117 of 8730 Old 02-08-2017, 05:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1308 Post(s)
Liked: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by bscool View Post
Two very different speakers, the JBL will play lower and be able to be used without a sub where the PSA would need a sub.

I haven't listened to the Jbl Pro line but I have the JBL 590s and the JBL 590 vs PSA 210T towers I did have are very different sounding.
The lows are taken care of by a pair of Rythmik FV15HP subs. This is for a 100% movie setup.
Which do you prefer for movies? 590 or 210T?
post #6118 of 8730 Old 02-08-2017, 07:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 889 Post(s)
Liked: 713
Quote:
The lows are taken care of by a pair of Rythmik FV15HP subs. This is for a 100% movie setup.
Which do you prefer for movies? 590 or 210T?
I wasn't going to reply to this because I thought it would be in bad taste since this is a PSA thread but then I thought maybe it could be helpful and not come off in a negative way. I just wanted to say after I reread your post which I had replied to in PM. When I evaluated the PSAs I only listened to music and the PSA were not for me. I might have liked the PSA for movies but at the time I didn't think to try them since I mostly use my system for listening to music with a movie here and there.

I also wanted to add that the PSA are WAY better overall quality in build and packaging than the JBLs and also in customer service. PSA was excellent as far as answering the phone or messaging online if I had a question or concern.

JBL, on the other hand, their packing is HORRIBLE, I mean a total joke if you order them online. The first pair I order came in literal pieces of broken speakers because JBLs packaging is so pathetic. Also since having them one of the 590s had an issue and I have not had any luck getting it taken care of with the local dealer that my GF at the time bought them for me from. So makes me pretty hesitant to buy JBL again but I think it says more about that local store which I would not have bought them from to start with, but my GF at the time insisted she wanted to get them for me as a gift.

With PSA trial period I think it would be a good idea to try them and if they are not for you, you can return them, instead of wonder what if.
k1n3t1k likes this.
post #6119 of 8730 Old 02-09-2017, 06:21 AM

Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 437
@bscool , my fellow polite North Dakotan, you are allowed to post your comments and opinions here, whether they are positive or negative feedback toward PSA. The whole point of a forum board is to create a an active community collective in which we can all enjoy reading, satisfy a curiosity by reading someone's interpretations and review, and to help one another learn from the shared interest in this hobby.

That said, thank you for your input - I've always wondered how JBL Professional would stack against PSA, but now I'm curious about movie performance. Your packing experiences definitely reflect those of others...I'm certain I've come across others who rolled the dice on 4722 and had to exchange them as well. One day when I'm swimming in my bank like Scrooge McDuck, I will have to try out a JBL 5742 array for pure ridiculousness in my home.

@Skylinestar , depending on your room size, try out a set of MT-110 or MTM-210/T and see if they are a fit. There's not much risk, other than your time and return shipping costs, with the 60 day in-home trial. I have four MT-110 and three MTM-210 and would suggest the 110s for your trial since they would be cheaper to return, if it came to that, and will easily provide generous output and most of the experience of their larger brethren. If you do, be sure to post your findings here, negative or positive, as I'm sure there are many of us who would like to know your thoughts and experiences.

Cheers!
Travis
post #6120 of 8730 Old 02-09-2017, 02:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I think speakers are by far the most subjective part of an audio set up and therefore it's to be expected that any particular speaker will be appreciated by some and not appreciated by others. After all, we all have different sounds we like and we differ in the way we want those sounds delivered.

IMO it's a testament to both the sound signature as well as the sound quality of PSA speakers that you see very few of them in the outlet center from returns. What that means is that Jim did a great job of making speakers that make quite a few people happy and meet their expectations. But they certainly won't be everyone's cup of tea. Nothing wrong with that at all.

In fact, it took me a few days to completely get used to the PSA sound when compared to my outgoing Polks. I wasn't used to a neutral speaker so my ears had to adjust the new sound signature because they were so used to the warmer sounding Polks. This only took a few days. Now there is no way I could go back to a warmer speaker, to my ears they cover up music instead revealing its nuances.

Having said that… I owe a big thanks to @Toe and @Alan because I was just watching the live Peter Gabriel Secret World concert and it's sounds pretty awesome. The vocals are really great but I also really like the percussion and the way the 210T's deliver it, I can feel it as much as I can hear it. I'm listening in the surround setting so I have all five PSA speakers delivering the goods.
Toe, Alan P and basshead81 like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page