Official Power Sound Audio Speaker Thread - Page 227 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 9221Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #6781 of 8749 Old 05-31-2017, 09:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 2,978
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1699 Post(s)
Liked: 1025
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
Yep, all I have to do is unpack them, put the feet on, set them in all in place and align, and then run YPAO.

Have to get some new picks for my gallery. I'll take some shots of the speakers "naked", but I have to run them covered up because of my bulldogs LOL.
Just as a note, YPAO takes a lot of abuse but I think it does a good job and I have a much older version. I really like YPAO and what it does, it just needs a few tweaks afterward especially in the bass management area.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Hetfieldjames is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #6782 of 8749 Old 05-31-2017, 10:03 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gadgtfreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bama
Posts: 12,189
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 5992
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetfieldjames View Post
Just as a note, YPAO takes a lot of abuse but I think it does a good job and I have a much older version. I really like YPAO and what it does, it just needs a few tweaks afterward especially in the bass management area.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Ive had the A3060 for a week and been happy. I had to adjust my levels at the end, but I had to do that with XT32. I like the A3060, it will get Dolby Vision, and handshakes better than my AV7702II did.

My endgame is letting Chad B cal the PEQ with REW in August anyways.

XBR65A9G / XBR65A8F / 55R615
ATV4K / Roku Ultra / Uverse
AVRX6500H / RP-8000F / RP-504C / RP-502S / FV15HP
gadgtfreek is online now  
post #6783 of 8749 Old 05-31-2017, 10:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 2,978
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1699 Post(s)
Liked: 1025
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
Ive had the A3060 for a week and been happy. I had to adjust my levels at the end, but I had to do that with XT32. I like the A3060, it will get Dolby Vision, and handshakes better than my AV7702II did.

My endgame is letting Chad B cal the PEQ with REW in August anyways.
Yeah as far as mass market receivers go I trust Yamaha the most. Really nice equipment they design and build.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Hetfieldjames is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #6784 of 8749 Old 05-31-2017, 11:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Hopinater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Central VA
Posts: 6,604
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3390 Post(s)
Liked: 10297
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
Was doing some measuring after getting my towers out of the way. The 210's will be about 7.5 feet apart and 9 feet from the MLP, does anyone think any toe in is needed? The MLP is an area right between my recliner and the wife's couch (they are right together without anything between). With the Klipsch, which were spread out more, I aimed each front speaker at our inner shoulders, to simulate not aiming right at the area between us but behind it.
I have mine toed in a bit. They are aimed about 12" to 18" inches behind my MLP. I tried different angles and I found I like this the best.
ss nimrod likes this.

Subwoofers: PSA TV36 iPal X2 ...Speakers: PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210C Center- PSA MT110SR's Surrounds - RSL C34E Atmos... Motion Actuators: Crowson Shadow 8 - X2
Video: Samsung UN65KS9000 4K SUHD - Oppo UDP-203... AVR:Denon X4400... Gaming: XBOX ONE S

Guide to Subwoofer Calibration and Bass Preferences
Hopinater is offline  
post #6785 of 8749 Old 05-31-2017, 12:45 PM
Member
 
flweller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Lafayette, Colorado
Posts: 49
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 61
It's been some time since I have posted, but consistent lurker. Just recently got my StandoutDesign console that takes the 210c, compliments the PSA gear nicely!

Before the console I had the TV on top of the 210c, it worked, but this is better.

Edit - Here were the specs on the console and the custom work for the center. And I cannot tell you how sweet this console is, it's on wheels even.
Horizon EX 72" upsized to 74" (2" added to middle), Rose on Cherry, shelf + drawer edition, maximum center shelf drop (11.875" available height)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	console1.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	2164946   Click image for larger version

Name:	console2.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	2164954  

LG OLED65B6P ~ Yamaha RX-A2000 ~ OPPO BDP-103D ~ PSA MTM-220C ~ PSA MTM-210T L/R ~ PSA MT-110SR ~ PSA MT-110 FP L/R ~ Dual PSA S3000i ~ PSA S3600i

Last edited by flweller; 05-31-2017 at 12:55 PM.
flweller is offline  
post #6786 of 8749 Old 05-31-2017, 02:19 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gadgtfreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bama
Posts: 12,189
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 5992
Got the beasts unpacked, as soon as the feet get here Ill get them all in the HT and post pics.



XBR65A9G / XBR65A8F / 55R615
ATV4K / Roku Ultra / Uverse
AVRX6500H / RP-8000F / RP-504C / RP-502S / FV15HP
gadgtfreek is online now  
post #6787 of 8749 Old 05-31-2017, 04:31 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gadgtfreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bama
Posts: 12,189
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 5992
Won't be able to run them like this, with the dogs...



Still looks powerful though



Used these lo-pro sorbothane grippy feet I found, rated at 8lbs per, so I put enough on all 3 speakers to cover weight, and they don't slide at all.




Have to finish cleaning up now, and maybe get YPAO run tonight...
DavidHir and kelly.mcaloney like this.

XBR65A9G / XBR65A8F / 55R615
ATV4K / Roku Ultra / Uverse
AVRX6500H / RP-8000F / RP-504C / RP-502S / FV15HP
gadgtfreek is online now  
post #6788 of 8749 Old 05-31-2017, 04:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 2,978
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1699 Post(s)
Liked: 1025
My God does that look like an intimidating, awesome sounding home theater. That is the real deal. I wish I would have known about PSA speakers a year ago when I started building my correct HT system.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Hetfieldjames is online now  
post #6789 of 8749 Old 05-31-2017, 04:48 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gadgtfreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bama
Posts: 12,189
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 5992
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetfieldjames View Post
My God does that look like an intimidating, awesome sounding home theater. That is the real deal. I wish I would have known about PSA speakers a year ago when I started building my correct HT system.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
My HT evolution has been the school of hard knocks.

XBR65A9G / XBR65A8F / 55R615
ATV4K / Roku Ultra / Uverse
AVRX6500H / RP-8000F / RP-504C / RP-502S / FV15HP
gadgtfreek is online now  
post #6790 of 8749 Old 05-31-2017, 04:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 2,978
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1699 Post(s)
Liked: 1025
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
My HT evolution has been the school of hard knocks.
I'm afraid we all, or at least I've been in that school for a long time and been left back a few grades. 😀

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
gbreda and gadgtfreek like this.
Hetfieldjames is online now  
post #6791 of 8749 Old 05-31-2017, 04:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
imureh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 4,364
Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2730 Post(s)
Liked: 3304
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
Won't be able to run them like this, with the dogs...







Still looks powerful though







Used these lo-pro sorbothane grippy feet I found, rated at 8lbs per, so I put enough on all 3 speakers to cover weight, and they don't slide at all.









Have to finish cleaning up now, and maybe get YPAO run tonight...


Congrats! Look awesome. Let us know what you think after listening.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gadgtfreek likes this.

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
imureh is offline  
post #6792 of 8749 Old 05-31-2017, 06:51 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gadgtfreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bama
Posts: 12,189
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 5992
Pretty much run out of time, but everything is done. I used a speaker angle app for the iphone, works real well. Set the speaker straight on, zero, and turn to 15 degrees. Using the image below, you can see where the right and left speakers hit the couch and recliner, aiming at a spot behind us. This is pretty much how the klipsch were too. I make the MLP measurement on any room eq in basically the split between our two armrests. Figure it gives as best sound as possible for both seats and then I measure the other 7 positions between the two seats in a box.




Will run YPAO and set levels tomorrow when I get home, and then going to watch a new UHD movie tomorrow night.

XBR65A9G / XBR65A8F / 55R615
ATV4K / Roku Ultra / Uverse
AVRX6500H / RP-8000F / RP-504C / RP-502S / FV15HP

Last edited by gadgtfreek; 05-31-2017 at 06:54 PM.
gadgtfreek is online now  
post #6793 of 8749 Old 05-31-2017, 08:36 PM
Member
 
CNLiberal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Castle Rock, CO
Posts: 194
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by flweller View Post
It's been some time since I have posted, but consistent lurker. Just recently got my StandoutDesign console that takes the 210c, compliments the PSA gear nicely!

Before the console I had the TV on top of the 210c, it worked, but this is better.

Edit - Here were the specs on the console and the custom work for the center. And I cannot tell you how sweet this console is, it's on wheels even.
Horizon EX 72" upsized to 74" (2" added to middle), Rose on Cherry, shelf + drawer edition, maximum center shelf drop (11.875" available height)
flweller,

It looks like you've got the exact setup I'm pining after! The 210T L/R, 210C, and 110-SR. And you're not far from me! You liking that setup?

I asked a few days ago on nice AV consoles, and sure enough, you post that beautiful piece of furniture. That's exactly what I'm looking for, at about 4 times the cost! Isn't that always the way? I probably shouldn't save for that console just due to having an 8 month old around. Soon enough he'll be walking and playing with his toys on everything. Wouldn't want to scratch the console.

Fronts: Power Sound Audio MTM-210T | Center: Power Sound Audio MTM-210C | Rears: Power Sound Audio MT-110SR | Sub: JBL PB12
AVR: Denon AVR3312CI
| TV: Sony 65" KDL65W850C | Streaming: nVidia Shield 16GB 2018 | BluRay: PlayStation 3 | HTPC: Kodibuntu
CNLiberal is offline  
post #6794 of 8749 Old 05-31-2017, 11:37 PM
Advanced Member
 
kyzer soze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 887
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 514 Post(s)
Liked: 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
Pretty much run out of time, but everything is done. I used a speaker angle app for the iphone, works real well. Set the speaker straight on, zero, and turn to 15 degrees. Using the image below, you can see where the right and left speakers hit the couch and recliner, aiming at a spot behind us. This is pretty much how the klipsch were too. I make the MLP measurement on any room eq in basically the split between our two armrests. Figure it gives as best sound as possible for both seats and then I measure the other 7 positions between the two seats in a box.




Will run YPAO and set levels tomorrow when I get home, and then going to watch a new UHD movie tomorrow night.
If you don't mind me asking, whats the name of the speaker angle app?

Ascend Sierra 2's (LCR & side surrounds) + Pioneer atmos modules. 5.1.4 setup
Marantz AV7703
Rythmik FV15HP
JVC DLA-X590R (RS 440) projector
Stewart StudioTek 130 screen
kyzer soze is offline  
post #6795 of 8749 Old 06-01-2017, 04:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lizrussspike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parkview, IA
Posts: 2,869
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked: 1683
Quote:
Originally Posted by imureh View Post
Hi Russ, yeah, the 110s are pretty impressive, but knowing me, I would always keep doubting myself as to what some movie or track would sound like on 210s, and it would drive me nuts....


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Right imureh. That is why I have 5 210s in my set up, just had to I guess....
lizrussspike is offline  
post #6796 of 8749 Old 06-01-2017, 04:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 2,978
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1699 Post(s)
Liked: 1025
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyzer soze View Post
If you don't mind me asking, whats the name of the speaker angle app?
Yeah I would like to know myself because I looked for one and could not find it on my phone?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Hetfieldjames is online now  
post #6797 of 8749 Old 06-01-2017, 05:21 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gadgtfreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bama
Posts: 12,189
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 5992
Its called SpeakerAngle.

XBR65A9G / XBR65A8F / 55R615
ATV4K / Roku Ultra / Uverse
AVRX6500H / RP-8000F / RP-504C / RP-502S / FV15HP
gadgtfreek is online now  
post #6798 of 8749 Old 06-01-2017, 05:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 2,978
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1699 Post(s)
Liked: 1025
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
Its called SpeakerAngle.
Ok excellent, thank you very much.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Hetfieldjames is online now  
post #6799 of 8749 Old 06-01-2017, 05:49 AM
Senior Member
 
JBrax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: KCMO
Posts: 368
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetfieldjames View Post
My God does that look like an intimidating, awesome sounding home theater. That is the real deal. I wish I would have known about PSA speakers a year ago when I started building my correct HT system.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
My HT evolution has been the school of hard knocks.
I apologize if you've already answered this but what motivated you to move on from the rf-7/rc-64 II setup? I'm sure the PSA's sound great but the other setup just looked so nice!
JBrax is offline  
post #6800 of 8749 Old 06-01-2017, 06:09 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gadgtfreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bama
Posts: 12,189
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 5992
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrax View Post
I apologize if you've already answered this but what motivated you to move on from the rf-7/rc-64 II setup? I'm sure the PSA's sound great but the other setup just looked so nice!
Couple of things:
  • I've had Klipsch for a good long while, and it seems as I get older their horns have started getting a little old during movies, and maybe that it what people mean by fatiguing. So I was looking for something potentially a little more mellow.
  • One of the reason I moved up to the 7's from 82's was 2 channel music, but I dont use them for that any more.
  • I basically wanted a HT minded speakers, that used less room.

It did look sweat for sure.

XBR65A9G / XBR65A8F / 55R615
ATV4K / Roku Ultra / Uverse
AVRX6500H / RP-8000F / RP-504C / RP-502S / FV15HP
gadgtfreek is online now  
post #6801 of 8749 Old 06-01-2017, 06:20 AM
Senior Member
 
JBrax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: KCMO
Posts: 368
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrax View Post
I apologize if you've already answered this but what motivated you to move on from the rf-7/rc-64 II setup? I'm sure the PSA's sound great but the other setup just looked so nice!
Couple of things:
  • I've had Klipsch for a good long while, and it seems as I get older their horns have started getting a little old during movies, and maybe that it what people mean by fatiguing. So I was looking for something potentially a little more mellow.
    One of the reason I moved up to the 7's from 82's was 2 channel music, but I dont use them for that any more.
    I basically wanted a HT minded speakers, that used less room.

It did look sweat for sure.
Yeah, I pretty much mirrored your upgrade path. I find the 7's and 64 pretty much the perfect speakers for HT but I understand wanting a smaller footprint. I hope you're happy with the PSA's and I'm guessing their more similar than different from what you had.
JBrax is offline  
post #6802 of 8749 Old 06-01-2017, 06:52 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gadgtfreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bama
Posts: 12,189
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 5992
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrax View Post
Yeah, I pretty much mirrored your upgrade path. I find the 7's and 64 pretty much the perfect speakers for HT but I understand wanting a smaller footprint. I hope you're happy with the PSA's and I'm guessing their more similar than different from what you had.
Going to crank them up this evening, so can't wait.

XBR65A9G / XBR65A8F / 55R615
ATV4K / Roku Ultra / Uverse
AVRX6500H / RP-8000F / RP-504C / RP-502S / FV15HP
gadgtfreek is online now  
post #6803 of 8749 Old 06-01-2017, 06:52 AM
Senior Member
 
kirky27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 212
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyzer soze View Post
If you don't mind me asking, whats the name of the speaker angle app?
@kyzer :

I have almost the same set up as yours with the Ascend Sierra 2's......How does yours sound?
kirky27 is offline  
post #6804 of 8749 Old 06-01-2017, 06:53 AM
Senior Member
 
JBrax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: KCMO
Posts: 368
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrax View Post
Yeah, I pretty much mirrored your upgrade path. I find the 7's and 64 pretty much the perfect speakers for HT but I understand wanting a smaller footprint. I hope you're happy with the PSA's and I'm guessing their more similar than different from what you had.
Going to crank them up this evening, so can't wait.
I'll be waiting for your impressions.
JBrax is offline  
post #6805 of 8749 Old 06-01-2017, 06:54 AM
Member
 
flweller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Lafayette, Colorado
Posts: 49
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNLiberal View Post
flweller,

It looks like you've got the exact setup I'm pining after! The 210T L/R, 210C, and 110-SR. And you're not far from me! You liking that setup?

I asked a few days ago on nice AV consoles, and sure enough, you post that beautiful piece of furniture. That's exactly what I'm looking for, at about 4 times the cost! Isn't that always the way? I probably shouldn't save for that console just due to having an 8 month old around. Soon enough he'll be walking and playing with his toys on everything. Wouldn't want to scratch the console.
Howdy Neighbor!
Totally LOVE the setup. I started with two S3000i, then 3 MT-110's, then the MT-110SR's. Then the MTM-210c, next the S3600i, and finally the MTM-210T. And finally the Standout Designs Console! It took me a couple years to be able to fork out the johnny on the console, but I tell you these things are designed and built so well, and Alan at Standout help me get it customized for the quite large 210c. Certainly not cheap but definitely worth the cost, I wish I didn't have to wait so long, priorities however were my PSA speakers/subs!

The console loaded with all the components, the 210c, and the TV, can all still be pretty easily be moved with the hidden wheels. Need to change wiring, put in a new Oppo UDP-203? Wheel the console away from the wall, take off the back panels, and you have easy access to everything. There are ports between each vertical section in the console to run wires. The only wires/cables coming out of the rear of the console are for power and speakers. It's so clean, it's not only a thing of beauty to look at, but also build and functionally wise. The doors and the drawer all fit and function flawlessly.

I went a few years with my old console during my PSA build-out. I at first had my 110c, then 210c, on a shelf I made above the TV. Not optimal and it had to be quite burly to support the 210c, not to mention a little hazardous above an expensive TV! Then the Sony 72" panel fried and went to a 65" LG OLED. My shelf was then too high above the TV. Took shelf down and simply stacked the TV on top of the 210c (which I couldn't do before with the 110c). That certainly worked but at that point the TV and the viewing angle was pretty high. Finally, with a sale at Standout Designs, I went for the console I had been wanting for years. Took about 30 days for the custom build, Alan at Standout didn't even bill me until the console was on the shipping dock. And Standout is similar to Power Sound Audio in that it's another high quality Made in USA company. Both make amazing products, and despite not being inexpensive, they both provide awesome value for your dollar.

My suggestion would be to get by with what you have for now, give the kid a year or so too , and save your pennies for a Standout Design or something similar (which I never found).
Alan P and CNLiberal like this.

LG OLED65B6P ~ Yamaha RX-A2000 ~ OPPO BDP-103D ~ PSA MTM-220C ~ PSA MTM-210T L/R ~ PSA MT-110SR ~ PSA MT-110 FP L/R ~ Dual PSA S3000i ~ PSA S3600i

Last edited by flweller; 06-01-2017 at 07:02 AM.
flweller is offline  
post #6806 of 8749 Old 06-01-2017, 11:44 AM
Member
 
CNLiberal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Castle Rock, CO
Posts: 194
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by flweller View Post
Howdy Neighbor!
Totally LOVE the setup. I started with two S3000i, then 3 MT-110's, then the MT-110SR's. Then the MTM-210c, next the S3600i, and finally the MTM-210T. And finally the Standout Designs Console! It took me a couple years to be able to fork out the johnny on the console, but I tell you these things are designed and built so well, and Alan at Standout help me get it customized for the quite large 210c. Certainly not cheap but definitely worth the cost, I wish I didn't have to wait so long, priorities however were my PSA speakers/subs!

The console loaded with all the components, the 210c, and the TV, can all still be pretty easily be moved with the hidden wheels. Need to change wiring, put in a new Oppo UDP-203? Wheel the console away from the wall, take off the back panels, and you have easy access to everything. There are ports between each vertical section in the console to run wires. The only wires/cables coming out of the rear of the console are for power and speakers. It's so clean, it's not only a thing of beauty to look at, but also build and functionally wise. The doors and the drawer all fit and function flawlessly.

I went a few years with my old console during my PSA build-out. I at first had my 110c, then 210c, on a shelf I made above the TV. Not optimal and it had to be quite burly to support the 210c, not to mention a little hazardous above an expensive TV! Then the Sony 72" panel fried and went to a 65" LG OLED. My shelf was then too high above the TV. Took shelf down and simply stacked the TV on top of the 210c (which I couldn't do before with the 110c). That certainly worked but at that point the TV and the viewing angle was pretty high. Finally, with a sale at Standout Designs, I went for the console I had been wanting for years. Took about 30 days for the custom build, Alan at Standout didn't even bill me until the console was on the shipping dock. And Standout is similar to Power Sound Audio in that it's another high quality Made in USA company. Both make amazing products, and despite not being inexpensive, they both provide awesome value for your dollar.

My suggestion would be to get by with what you have for now, give the kid a year or so too , and save your pennies for a Standout Design or something similar (which I never found).
@flweller ,

Good advice on the stick it out. Just so difficult when I see so many people in this thread really enjoying their PSAs! I went out looking for a small console this past weekend, and I didn't find anything. I will have to do some measurements to be sure that the Standout consoles will fit under my wall mounted TV and take into consideration the 210C. Maybe I'm letting my eyes do the buying, but from what everyone has said about the PSA, you can't get better in the price range (which is already quite high). I think they look great too!

Fronts: Power Sound Audio MTM-210T | Center: Power Sound Audio MTM-210C | Rears: Power Sound Audio MT-110SR | Sub: JBL PB12
AVR: Denon AVR3312CI
| TV: Sony 65" KDL65W850C | Streaming: nVidia Shield 16GB 2018 | BluRay: PlayStation 3 | HTPC: Kodibuntu
CNLiberal is offline  
post #6807 of 8749 Old 06-01-2017, 05:15 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gadgtfreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bama
Posts: 12,189
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 5992
Had a devil of a time getting things set up today. I was trying different RCA's and one was bad out the box, got irritated I grabbed the ol BJC LC1's and used them for everything. Once I got YPAO done and set everything up as small and 80hz, and ran content I am familiar with, here are the "first impressions":
  • Horns are more mellow than the 7II and 64II horns. At reference, there is just not anything I feel is overly in your face.
  • At reference level the fronts seem to hang better than the 7II's SQ wise, or clarity if you will. Things are loud, clean, separated but yet not overbearing and the LCR all seem to work in harmony.
  • To me the center seems better than the 64II, but I am not sure if the overall sound improvement I feel is there is because these 3 speakers are basically the same, which is the first time I have ever been in that situation. Usually the center has been smaller in some form or another, but these dual 10's and the horn sound terrific as a center channel.

I ran some dB tests, and levels are right. It hit 115 db's in the bayformers 1 city battle, which is generally what I expect it to do during a large bass drop.

I am fixing to fire up a new flick and see how I feel after 1 hr 45 mins of it cranked, but so far I am happy with the sound and the horns.
Hopinater likes this.

XBR65A9G / XBR65A8F / 55R615
ATV4K / Roku Ultra / Uverse
AVRX6500H / RP-8000F / RP-504C / RP-502S / FV15HP
gadgtfreek is online now  
post #6808 of 8749 Old 06-01-2017, 05:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
imureh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 4,364
Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2730 Post(s)
Liked: 3304
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
Had a devil of a time getting things set up today. I was trying different RCA's and one was bad out the box, got irritated I grabbed the ol BJC LC1's and used them for everything. Once I got YPAO done and set everything up as small and 80hz, and ran content I am familiar with, here are the "first impressions":


  • Horns are more mellow than the 7II and 64II horns. At reference, there is just not anything I feel is overly in your face.
  • At reference level the fronts seem to hang better than the 7II's SQ wise, or clarity if you will. Things are loud, clean, separated but yet not overbearing and the LCR all seem to work in harmony.
  • To me the center seems better than the 64II, but I am not sure if the overall sound improvement I feel is there is because these 3 speakers are basically the same, which is the first time I have ever been in that situation. Usually the center has been smaller in some form or another, but these dual 10's and the horn sound terrific as a center channel.



I ran some dB tests, and levels are right. It hit 115 db's in the bayformers 1 city battle, which is generally what I expect it to do during a large bass drop.



I am fixing to fire up a new flick and see how I feel after 1 hr 45 mins of it cranked, but so far I am happy with the sound and the horns.


Great to hear you like them. You will not be tired of them and probably listen more loudly than ever and for longer.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
imureh is offline  
post #6809 of 8749 Old 06-01-2017, 05:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Hopinater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Central VA
Posts: 6,604
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3390 Post(s)
Liked: 10297
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
Had a devil of a time getting things set up today. I was trying different RCA's and one was bad out the box, got irritated I grabbed the ol BJC LC1's and used them for everything. Once I got YPAO done and set everything up as small and 80hz, and ran content I am familiar with, here are the "first impressions":
  • Horns are more mellow than the 7II and 64II horns. At reference, there is just not anything I feel is overly in your face.
  • At reference level the fronts seem to hang better than the 7II's SQ wise, or clarity if you will. Things are loud, clean, separated but yet not overbearing and the LCR all seem to work in harmony.
  • To me the center seems better than the 64II, but I am not sure if the overall sound improvement I feel is there is because these 3 speakers are basically the same, which is the first time I have ever been in that situation. Usually the center has been smaller in some form or another, but these dual 10's and the horn sound terrific as a center channel.

I ran some dB tests, and levels are right. It hit 115 db's in the bayformers 1 city battle, which is generally what I expect it to do during a large bass drop.

I am fixing to fire up a new flick and see how I feel after 1 hr 45 mins of it cranked, but so far I am happy with the sound and the horns.
Yep, the horns are crisp and clean but never fatiguing. That's what I love about my PSA's. I had heard Klipsch horns and they were painful to my ears after a few short minutes. But I can listen to these PSA speakers all day long (and have many times) and never get fatigued. Enjoy your movie.

Subwoofers: PSA TV36 iPal X2 ...Speakers: PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210C Center- PSA MT110SR's Surrounds - RSL C34E Atmos... Motion Actuators: Crowson Shadow 8 - X2
Video: Samsung UN65KS9000 4K SUHD - Oppo UDP-203... AVR:Denon X4400... Gaming: XBOX ONE S

Guide to Subwoofer Calibration and Bass Preferences
Hopinater is offline  
post #6810 of 8749 Old 06-01-2017, 07:22 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gadgtfreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bama
Posts: 12,189
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 5992
Just blasted Great Wall UHD, sounded great and the horns are def more mellow, warm, whatever the heck you want to describe it. So far, it was what I was looking for, same horn ability just a little off the top.

Overall the system sounds a little more powerful, and sounds is the best way I can describe it. Not sure if its these 10's vs the 10's on the 7II's, or the center or what, but I like it so far. Definitely a great HT experience tonight, I felt like they were beating drums right in front of me.
ss nimrod likes this.

XBR65A9G / XBR65A8F / 55R615
ATV4K / Roku Ultra / Uverse
AVRX6500H / RP-8000F / RP-504C / RP-502S / FV15HP
gadgtfreek is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off