Official Power Sound Audio Speaker Thread - Page 251 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 9478Likes

post #7501 of 8879 Old 12-18-2017, 01:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I spent a few days with the SVS Ultras and over a month with the SVS Ultra Center. I'm decided to keep the PSA MT-110s and just got the MTM-210C set up. I'm really happy with the the PSAs. One picture is just for size comparison of the SVS and PSA. The MT-210c replaced the center channel housing cabinet that used to be necessary for my set up. The bright photo shows the Ultra Center and the darker photo is the TV on top of the PSA center.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Sony XBR940D, Denon X3300W, L/R PSA MT-110, PSA MTM-210C, PSA V1500, Polk FXiA6 Surrounds
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7502 of 8879 Old 12-19-2017, 04:57 PM

Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by JereyWolf View Post
I spent a few days with the SVS Ultras and over a month with the SVS Ultra Center. I'm decided to keep the PSA MT-110s and just got the MTM-210C set up. I'm really happy with the the PSAs. One picture is just for size comparison of the SVS and PSA. The MT-210c replaced the center channel housing cabinet that used to be necessary for my set up. The bright photo shows the Ultra Center and the darker photo is the TV on top of the PSA center.

what were your reasons for keeping the PSA and not SVS? These were 2 speakers I was looking to compare

Polk CS20Polk Tsi 500'sPolk Tsi 200'sDenon AVR 3300WSilver Ticket 92'' 16;9 White ScreenBenq HT2050 ProjectorXbox OneWii UPanasonic DMP-BDT 210SVS PB-4000Auralex MoPAD Paragon 4oz Theater Pop Popcorn MachineLogitech Harmony Elite
post #7503 of 8879 Old 12-19-2017, 07:22 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman61405 View Post
what were your reasons for keeping the PSA and not SVS? These were 2 speakers I was looking to compare
1. Aesthetics. I love the look of the PSAs. I think the SVS have an attractive finish, but the PSAs look much more impressive.

2. Sound. It's hard for me to say what specifically about the PSAs that I like better, I don't really know that much about evaluating speakers, but to my ears the PSAs just sounded better. Not an enormous difference, but I could easily say I preferred the sound.

3. Brand. I am so happy to be able to support an all American product from people who have given me such an impressive customer experience.

4. Efficiency. I know that I can easily power these speakers to levels that I'll probably never listen at using only modest amplification.

I'm really happy with these speakers and happy that I got both the SVS and PSA at the same time to make sure I wouldn't have second thoughts or what ifs.

Sony XBR940D, Denon X3300W, L/R PSA MT-110, PSA MTM-210C, PSA V1500, Polk FXiA6 Surrounds
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7504 of 8879 Old 12-22-2017, 09:05 PM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Help a noob out

It is year end bonus time and I am looking to upgrade my front 3 speakers. What I have now are svs prime bookshelves which sound ok but dont wow me at all. They do well with movie sound tracks but sound muddy with music when the volume gets turned up. This may be due to poor amplification as I am only using a low end yahmaha rx-v series reciever with 95 wpc 2 channels driven. It gets the speakers loud enough but probably doesn't get them to their best. Honestly I just dont know enough to know the difference. They aseem to be commonly characterized as bright but their high end doesn't seem to bother me that bad. My surrounds are def tech pm 1000's and my sub is an sb 16 ultra. My room is approximately 30' x 28' with 9' ceilings. it is the bottom floor of an open floor plan which includes my living room, computer/sitting area, dining room, and kitchen. It also opens up to several hallways. The primes are about seven feet apart and my family and I sit about 10' back on a 7' couch. I am looking to upgrade to towers. I like the look of towers and I would like to ditch bookshelves on stands as my son recently knocked one back into the wall and dented in the drywall. Also, I would like the output of towers due to the room being so big. Even though the part of the room with the ht setup is a corner of the room I feel like the bookshelves sometimes sound small. I have read on different threads that large bookshevles crossed at 80 hz will get you enough output that in many cases towers are unnecessary but I guess that is subjective. My first thought was to upgrade to the svs ultra bookshelves. The ultras seem to be well regarded but I want towers. As for what I am looking for, I really don't have a ton of experience listening to different speakers. I have only ever heard speakers with metal and soft dome tweeters. I am looking for something different and have never heard compression drivers or ribbon tweeters. This is what brings me to this thread. I do know that I want speakers that are easy to drive and sound good with movies and music. I probably use my system for 70%movies/satellite and 30% music but might listen to more music if my speakers sounded better. From reading threads it seems that uprading speakers is the best way of doing that as opposed to avrs and amps. I dont want to upgrade my avr yet because of hdmi 2.1 and I really don't want to add an amp unless completely necessary. I guess that means I need speakers with high sensitivity like the Psa's. This rules out many of the towers available such as the ultras. After reading the HTR review putting the 210t's on par with the ultra towers and f36 revel towers I started skimming this thread. I believe after Christmas I am going to audition the 210t's but I also wanted to get thoughts from the board. One of my main concerns is how these sound at moderate listening levels. I have a one year old and dont crank the system while she is sleeping. When she is up we may all jam out to music in the living though so I want speakers that sound good at any volume. Also, many in this thread remark about their clarity which is something I think my primes are missing. I dont have a ton of funds so when I do finally decide on speakers I want some that will hopefully cure me of the upgrade bug for a little while at least. If I don't like these I may try the acend sierras with the raal ribbons. Only problem with those is they are $1000 more for the front 3 than the psa's so on paper these look like an exceptional value. What say ye wise sages? Sorry for such a long post.
post #7505 of 8879 Old 12-23-2017, 08:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3572 Post(s)
Liked: 11271
^^ I totally get what you're saying. I had Polk Rti-A7 speakers (silk dome tweeter) and I liked them a lot. But I wanted something with better clarity so I decided to try the PSA speakers.

All I can tell you is I absolutely LOVE my PSA 210T's. They sound wonderful at all levels... high, moderate and low volumes all sound great.

Regarding clarity... They are so clear they will reveal notes on your favorite music (music you know by heart) that you've never noticed before.

Their imaging is something you have to hear to believe. Words can't really do it justice but I'll try. They image so well that you can turn off the center channel and you would swear it was still on. With my AVR in stereo mode I've had to get up and walk up to the center channel to verify that it was indeed off. This imaging makes movies come to life in a way I've never experienced before.

Their power seems to be limitless and they won't distort no mater how loud you go. In fact, no matter how loud you turn them up they will still ask for more. Your ears will give out long before these speakers will. But, they still play beautifully at low volumes. So they are very versatile.

Based on what you say you are looking for I highly recommend these.

Subwoofers: PSA TV36 iPal X2 ...Speakers: PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210C Center- PSA MT110SR's Surrounds - RSL C34E Atmos... Motion Actuators: Crowson Shadow 8 - X2
Video: Samsung UN65KS9000 4K SUHD - Oppo UDP-203... AVR:Denon X4400... Gaming: XBOX ONE S

Guide to Subwoofer Calibration and Bass Preferences
post #7506 of 8879 Old 12-23-2017, 09:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 137 Post(s)
Quoted: 1441 Post(s)
Liked: 3637
Quote:
Originally Posted by coxjamb View Post
It is year end bonus time and I am looking to upgrade my front 3 speakers...I believe after Christmas I am going to audition the 210t's but I also wanted to get thoughts from the board. One of my main concerns is how these sound at moderate listening levels...so I want speakers that sound good at any volume. If I don't like these I may try the acend sierras with the raal ribbons. Only problem with those is they are $1000 more for the front 3 than the psa's so on paper these look like an exceptional value. What say ye wise sages?

I recently upgraded my front L/R to the 210T (from the 110); I did this in part to have stand alone speakers so I could trade in two subwoofers that were being used as such, and because I really wanted to experience the tower speakers. The 210T sound exceptional at moderate listening levels and beyond, but you need to hear them in your room to understand how great they sound.

Your room is definitely a very large space to fill, and PSA speakers will do it with minimal effort from your amp compared to the SVS line, prime or ultra. I’m using four SVS satellites for Atmos, and the difference in efficiency is quite dramatic. When/if you do start to play content louder, I’d also consider adding a second subwoofer when possible, as running duals in such a large room is almost necessary for adequate output and a smooth bass response.

I also have a baby at at home now (only a week old) along with my six year old, so we won’t be cranking the system up nearly as often, but it still sounds incredible for music and movies at reasonable volumes.

You have done some research, so now it’s time to give them a listen. I think the upgrade bug will be quickly squashed after you try the 210T; for me, I’m confident these will be speakers to satisfy for a lifetime. Keep us posted!
coxjamb likes this.

Speakers: PSA MTM-210T x2, MTM-210C, MT-110SR x2; Atmos-SVS Satellite x2, DIY Volt-10 x2
Subs: PSA V1801 x2, DIY: 18" RSS460HO, 15" RSS390HO x2, BOSS w/JBL CX1200 x6
MA’s: Crowson Tech x2
Processing: Denon X4200, NU6KDSP, 3KDSP
Video: Epson 3700; Screen: Silver Ticket 106" High Contrast
post #7507 of 8879 Old 12-23-2017, 01:08 PM

Thanks guys!

I am definitely gonna give these a try, I just have to wait a few days more. I promised my wife I wouldn't spend my Christmas vacation moving speakers around so I will just order after Christmas so I won't be tempted. Gomna spend the week playing with the kids! I am anxious to get these here and try them out though. I love the fact that with the psa's I won't have to spend money on a new amp. All my money will go to speakers. Will check back when I get them ordered.
WantMore and Hopinater like this.
post #7508 of 8879 Old 12-23-2017, 04:31 PM

One More Question

How is the off axis repsonse on the towers. I will have them 7' apart and will be sitting 10' away on a 7' couch. How are the people on the end going to fare?
After talking to Tom I will start the towers facing straight ahead and then experiment from there. Thoughts?
jjackkrash likes this.
post #7509 of 8879 Old 12-23-2017, 04:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
How is the off axis repsonse on the towers. I will have them 7' apart and will be sitting 10' away on a 7' couch. How are the people on the end going to fare?
After talking to Tom I will start the towers facing straight ahead and then experiment from there. Thoughts?
The off axis sound is very good IMO. I have my towers 7.5 feet apart and I sit about 10 feet away from them so it's very similar to your situation. I have my towers toed in so they will cross about 2 feet behind the MLP. I tried facing straight forward and it sounded good but I prefer to toe in my speakers, it sounds a little better to my ears.
coxjamb likes this.

Subwoofers: PSA TV36 iPal X2 ...Speakers: PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210C Center- PSA MT110SR's Surrounds - RSL C34E Atmos... Motion Actuators: Crowson Shadow 8 - X2
Video: Samsung UN65KS9000 4K SUHD - Oppo UDP-203... AVR:Denon X4400... Gaming: XBOX ONE S

post #7510 of 8879 Old 12-23-2017, 05:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Quoted: 847 Post(s)
Liked: 931
if it weren't for christmas i would have already purchased the 210t's & a center channel. *shakes fist*

i've never owned my own pair of speakers before--the 30+ year old jbl's i'm using were a hand-me-down from my father. everything i've read about the psa speakers have me very excited to join the family. should be able to put the order in the week after next
post #7511 of 8879 Old 12-26-2017, 12:41 PM

Excited!

Pair of 210T's ordered!
post #7512 of 8879 Old 12-26-2017, 12:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1820 Post(s)
Liked: 1112
Quote:
Pair of 210T's ordered!
Wow a lot of 210Ts being sold lately.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
post #7513 of 8879 Old 12-26-2017, 04:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 230 Post(s)
Quoted: 2960 Post(s)
Liked: 3780
Quote:
Pair of 210T's ordered!

Congrats! Prepare to be blown away. These speakers are absolutely fantastic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coxjamb likes this.

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser, 2 BK LFE
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
post #7514 of 8879 Old 12-26-2017, 05:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 1739 Post(s)
Liked: 4998
As a testament to just how loud these PSA speakers can get, and crystal clear at that, here is how loud I was playing Tron Legacy yesterday!
post #7515 of 8879 Old 12-26-2017, 05:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by subacabra View Post
As a testament to just how loud these PSA speakers can get, and crystal clear at that, here is how loud I was playing Tron Legacy yesterday!
Holy cow. Your neighbors must love you.

subacabra likes this.
post #7516 of 8879 Old 12-26-2017, 06:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
exactly why i want them
post #7517 of 8879 Old 12-26-2017, 09:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Absolutely, and I guarantee that it didn't even seem loud because they were so clear. When I'm playing them loud I never think they are THAT loud until I try to talk to someone and find myself yelling so they can hear me. It's amazing.
subacabra likes this.

post #7518 of 8879 Old 12-31-2017, 04:21 PM

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 404
Quote:
Pair of 210T's ordered!
I got around to playing Paul McCartney's and Wings "Band on the Run" album.

Please put the song "JET" on the short list of songs to be played loud on the 210's, it amazing.

Every time the chant of "JET" comes up.... it's an unbelievable / electric like growl under the chant of "JET", like you have electricity running up your spine emulating from the worlds largest tuba ever
coxjamb likes this.

PSA MTM 210T's, MTM 210C, MT 110SR, V-1800
65" LG 4K, Denon AVR-X4300H, Audio Techica AT-LP120 / AT 440MLB, Xbox One X
post #7519 of 8879 Old 12-31-2017, 10:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

210T's ordered.

happy new year everyone!
post #7520 of 8879 Old 12-31-2017, 10:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by serith View Post
210T's ordered.

happy new year everyone!
Wow that's a way to celebrate the new year!

serith likes this.
post #7521 of 8879 Old 01-01-2018, 12:03 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Quote:
210T's ordered.

happy new year everyone!
Happy new year and happy listening

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
serith likes this.

TV: Samsung 65" UHD LED | Sources: PS4; Panasonic DMP-BT460; LG UB870; Dell 7010 SFF; Roku Ultra | AVP: Marantz AV8802A | Amps: Emotiva XPA-1L\100 (LR\C); Outlaw Audio 7125 | Front LR\C: JBL Studio 590\Studio 520C | Surrounds: JBL P520WS | Subs: PSA S1801 | Heights: JBL Pro Control CRV (2)
post #7522 of 8879 Old 01-02-2018, 03:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 127 Post(s)
Quoted: 3049 Post(s)
Liked: 10457
Quote:
210T's ordered.

happy new year everyone!
Quick update, we couldn't get these ready in time to ship today---just swamped with orders over the 3 day weekend. Tomorrow for sure though so you'll still have them before the weekend(Friday).

Also, in other news, we're running very low on all speaker inventory. A new order (placed today or later) could be 2-3 weeks before we can ship. Please check with me on that if anyone is considering an order. Thanks!

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep,
post #7523 of 8879 Old 01-02-2018, 03:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post
Quick update, we couldn't get these ready in time to ship today---just swamped with orders over the 3 day weekend. Tomorrow for sure though so you'll still have them before the weekend(Friday).

awesome, thank you!
post #7524 of 8879 Old 01-03-2018, 08:14 PM

Question

Anybody using a yahmaha avr with the 210t's? If so, what parametric eq are you using? I was using natural with my svs primes and left it on that while breaking in the 210t's.
post #7525 of 8879 Old 01-04-2018, 07:48 PM

First Impressions

1) Man these things are massive!
2) Clear, def hear details I haven't heard before.
3) Had them facing straight out and they seemed to be missing something, detailed but not 'full' sounding. I am still trying out the different parametric eq's on my yahmaha avr.
4) After a little more 'break in' I toed them in slightly and the sound got better. I am guessing these will sound increasingly better with more toe in due to the fact of their directivity and the fact that I sit off center(on the right side of the couch due to it having cup holders in the middle)

So far I like them but don't love them....yet. I plan on taking plenty more time and trying different amounts of toe in before coming to any solid conclusions. They are def better than my $500/pair primes but they are also a lot more expensive.
post #7526 of 8879 Old 01-04-2018, 09:17 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 194 Post(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked: 9517
Quote:
Anybody using a yahmaha avr with the 210t's? If so, what parametric eq are you using? I was using natural with my svs primes and left it on that while breaking in the 210t's.
Yes I am running a Aventage 1060 using Manual EQ. I copied the Flat settings and tweaked to taste.

These are my favorite speakers ever. So clear at all volumes...I get more enjoyment out of them then the subs because I listen at low levels most evenings. Once a week the subs get a work out. Blade Runner 2049 on deck for tomorrow night.
serith, Hopinater and Sekosche like this.

Last edited by basshead81; 01-04-2018 at 09:21 PM.
post #7527 of 8879 Old 01-04-2018, 09:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
Blade Runner 2049 on deck for tomorrow night.
that is definitely on my short list of things to watch once my 210t's arrive
post #7528 of 8879 Old 01-04-2018, 11:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 2223 Post(s)
Liked: 2331
Quote:
1) Man these things are massive!
2) Clear, def hear details I haven't heard before.
3) Had them facing straight out and they seemed to be missing something, detailed but not 'full' sounding. I am still trying out the different parametric eq's on my yahmaha avr.
4) After a little more 'break in' I toed them in slightly and the sound got better. I am guessing these will sound increasingly better with more toe in due to the fact of their directivity and the fact that I sit off center(on the right side of the couch due to it having cup holders in the middle)

So far I like them but don't love them....yet. I plan on taking plenty more time and trying different amounts of toe in before coming to any solid conclusions. They are def better than my $500/pair primes but they are also a lot more expensive.
What are you using for subs?
post #7529 of 8879 Old 01-05-2018, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjackkrash View Post
What are you using for subs?
Single sb-16ultra. I need 2 of them but space is tight. I gotta find room for another sub.
jjackkrash likes this.
post #7530 of 8879 Old 01-05-2018, 06:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked: 5666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
Absolutely, and I guarantee that it didn't even seem loud because they were so clear. When I'm playing them loud I never think they are THAT loud until I try to talk to someone and find myself yelling so they can hear me. It's amazing.
Hahahahaa! Nice!

Reminds me of when I invited my retired buddy over to watch John Wick 1 & 2 and we were sitting on the opposite ends of a seater couch and he was yelling something a few times and I really couldn't hear him. It was probably some political crap anyway as he just can't seem to stop! So the uber-cranked volume worked as planned.

Last edited by SuperFist; 01-05-2018 at 06:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page