Official Power Sound Audio Speaker Thread - Page 290 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 9154Likes

post #8671 of 8706 Old 05-31-2019, 07:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2448 Post(s)
Liked: 3381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid$team View Post
I had 2 of these pop off my v1811 while I was removing the feet. Doesn't seem like there is actually a fix to this besides wood glue.
the V1811s have a wood insert to secure the feet to them, depending how stripped out the hole is where the insert goes you'll need a wider diameter same thread insert to repair. I believe it's a 10-24 barrel insert, it's bigger in size than the original on the V18s, I had the same thing happen to me and fixed it no problem. This is the insert I used to fix mine, just like new. The thread is the same just a bigger barrel since the hole is stripped out. You could put some tooth pics in the hole with wood glue and try and reinsert the noriginal wood insert or you can do it like I did with below. Good luck

https://www.mcmaster.com/90016a011
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8672 of 8706 Old 06-01-2019, 03:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post
the V1811s have a wood insert to secure the feet to them, depending how stripped out the hole is where the insert goes you'll need a wider diameter same thread insert to repair. I believe it's a 10-24 barrel insert, it's bigger in size than the original on the V18s, I had the same thing happen to me and fixed it no problem. This is the insert I used to fix mine, just like new. The thread is the same just a bigger barrel since the hole is stripped out. You could put some tooth pics in the hole with wood glue and try and reinsert the noriginal wood insert or you can do it like I did with below. Good luck

https://www.mcmaster.com/90016a011
Thanks for the information. My sub is currently on a soft pad in a cubby so the foot holes created by the damage are actually completely sealed as it sits. If I ever pull them out and need feet again I may give that repair a shot.
ahblaza likes this.

Projector:Epson 6050ub Screen:Elite screens manual SRM Pro series 120" TV: Vizio P75f Pre/Pro:Marantz AV7705 Amplifier:Monolith 7x Speakers:Klipsch R5800 7.2 Subwoofers:PSA v1811x2 Bluray Player:Panasonic ub820 Media Streamer:Fire TV cube
post #8673 of 8706 Old 06-02-2019, 05:51 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Just spun John Wick 2 4k 😮. Running a Denon AVR3808CI. Amazing. Plenty of power using this receiver. Need to sell my Emotiva XPA5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8674 of 8706 Old 06-02-2019, 06:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1557 Post(s)
Liked: 4566
Quote:
Originally Posted by osu fan View Post
Just spun John Wick 2 4k . Running a Denon AVR3808CI. Amazing. Plenty of power using this receiver. Need to sell my Emotiva XPA5
Nice, old school Denon power!
post #8675 of 8706 Old 06-05-2019, 05:36 PM

Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 196
Hey Everyone,

Looooonnnng time lurker on this PSA thread. I've wanted these speakers since they first announced them. I've made it clear to my wife that for my big 30th birthday this year, I want these speakers hahaha. I'm going to go with the MTM 210ts, MTM 210C and MT110s for surrounds. Ill prob have to get 3 first. I've talked with Tom before and he thinks ill be ok with the 210C below my screen angled up. Off axis shouldn't be an issue, since My main seat is dead center on axis.

I like to listen loud and I want speakers that have way more horsepower than I'll ever need. I don't want to worry about blowing them out. I have been waiting for these forever it seems haha

Hopefully itll happen in October. Well see.

Any thoughts on my set up?

I think I have it laid out the best I can. I got the screen over a year ago and I knew I needed space to fit the 210C under it angled up. Subs youtube clips of his PSAs in action are amazing. I can hear the clarity these speakers have over youtube. I cant wait...

Last couple times ive been on the PSA site, the live chat wasn't working. Hopefully everything is ok and they are just busy.

Polk CS20Polk Tsi 500'sPolk Tsi 200'sDenon AVR 3300WSilver Ticket 92'' 16;9 White ScreenBenq HT2050 ProjectorXbox OneWii UPanasonic DMP-BDT 210SVS PB-2000Auralex Great Gramma/MoPADParagon 4oz Theater Pop Popcorn MachineLogitech Harmony One
post #8676 of 8706 Old 06-05-2019, 05:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1637 Post(s)
Liked: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman61405 View Post
Hey Everyone,

Looooonnnng time lurker on this PSA thread. I've wanted these speakers since they first announced them. I've made it clear to my wife that for my big 30th birthday this year, I want these speakers hahaha. I'm going to go with the MTM 210ts, MTM 210C and MT110s for surrounds. Ill prob have to get 3 first. I've talked with Tom before and he thinks ill be ok with the 210C below my screen angled up. Off axis shouldn't be an issue, since My main seat is dead center on axis.

I like to listen loud and I want speakers that have way more horsepower than I'll ever need. I don't want to worry about blowing them out. I have been waiting for these forever it seems haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTkG85-gqf4

I think I have it laid out the best I can. I got the screen over a year ago and I knew I needed space to fit the 210C under it angled up. Subs youtube clips of his PSAs in action are amazing. I can hear the clarity these speakers have over youtube. I cant wait...

Last couple times ive been on the PSA site, the live chat wasn't working. Hopefully everything is ok and they are just busy.
Awesome! That's really cool. Life is too short right, go for it!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Hopinater and subacabra like this.
post #8677 of 8706 Old 06-05-2019, 05:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hey Everyone,

Woohoo!! You're gonna love them! My center is angled toward my mlp it works fine so no worries with that.
ahblaza and Hopinater like this.
post #8678 of 8706 Old 06-05-2019, 05:50 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Liked: 604
Quote:
Hey Everyone,

Switch to an Acoustically transparent screen! Put the speakers where they were meant to be Otherwise looks very nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rustolemite likes this.

Marantz 7011- Panasonic UB-820- Xbox One X - Epson HC 5050UB - Elite Screen's 2:35:1 AT 115' - PSA MTM 110's L/C/R - Mixed Surrounds - SVS Elevations Atmos X2 - PSA S3601 and S3611 ( Dual PSA VT36 Neo's pre ordered) *MiniDSP HD* Took the Red Pill BEQ
post #8679 of 8706 Old 06-05-2019, 06:22 PM

Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Liked: 247
The best way to communicate with PSA is email. Your assumption about Tom being busy is correct.

Quote:

HT: PSA MTM-210T front, MTM-210C center, PSA MTM-210T surrounds, PSA MT-110 rears, Atmos / Canton, Ascend CBM-170SE, PSA V1800 , PSA V1801, Marantz SR7009 AVR & Emotiva A-100 stereo amp, Panasonic 65ST60 Plasma, Oppo BDP 93, Sony S1700, Music video: JBL L890, L880, LC2, SVS pc13-Ultra, Yamaha RX-V385, ASUS 31.5" IPS monitor, Sony S1700, Multichannel stereo: PSA MT-110, Bose 901, PSA S1510DF, Denon X1400H, Marantz SR6005
post #8680 of 8706 Old 06-05-2019, 07:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Quoted: 2436 Post(s)
Liked: 3809
Quote:
Hey Everyone,

I think I have it laid out the best I can. I got the screen over a year ago and I knew I needed space to fit the 210C under it angled up.
Congratulations! I'm sure you will love the amazingly capable PSA speakers. Be sure to report back.

Quote:
Subs youtube clips of his PSAs in action are amazing. I can hear the clarity these speakers have over youtube. I cant wait....
Sorry, but I have to strongly disagree with this. I don't think you can tell how other speakers sound by listening to a (poor) recording of them on your speakers.
post #8681 of 8706 Old 06-05-2019, 07:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I think my LG v20 records audio pretty decent but I agree you really have to listen to them in person.
Tough to judge anything through a YouTube vid!
post #8682 of 8706 Old 06-06-2019, 07:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Quoted: 3240 Post(s)
Liked: 9555
Quote:
Hey Everyone,

Congratulations! I know you've been waiting for a very long time to get these speakers.... I remember you were talking about it years ago and back then you said it would have to wait. But the day has finally come! You've been super patient and now you get your reward.

If you like loud then these speakers will make you very happy, because you will give out long before these speakers even begin to reach their limits. Let us know what you think when you get it all set up.
spyboy, osu fan and oneeyeblind like this.

Subwoofers: PSA TV36 iPal X2 ...Speakers: PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210C Center- PSA MT110SR's Surrounds - RSL C34E Atmos... Motion Actuators: Crowson Shadow 8 - X2
Video: Samsung UN65KS9000 4K SUHD - Oppo UDP-203... AVR:Denon X4400... Gaming: XBOX ONE S

Guide to Subwoofer Calibration and Bass Preferences
post #8683 of 8706 Old 06-07-2019, 02:55 PM

Anyone pushing these with a Yamaha receiver? Currently have a Denon 3808, outdated, but sounds good. Was considering upgrading to a newer Denon, or a Yamaha. May just wait until next year though. Any input appreciated. Thanks
post #8684 of 8706 Old 06-08-2019, 10:23 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 547 Post(s)
Liked: 977
Quote:
Originally Posted by osu fan View Post
Anyone pushing these with a Yamaha receiver? Currently have a Denon 3808, outdated, but sounds good. Was considering upgrading to a newer Denon, or a Yamaha. May just wait until next year though. Any input appreciated. Thanks
I am pretty sure @basshead81 used a Yamaha in the past, he may still.

My last Audyssey unit was an Onkyo and had the same version you have on the 3808. The current version is much better and from what I understand is better than Yamaha YPAO-although I have never used YPAO.

Currently I am using an Anthem receiver but they are pricey-even pricier now than when I got my MRX510. Anthem is not big on bells and whistles but their amplifier section and ARC room correction is top notch.

I think you will get a big upgrade going to a newer version of Audyssey, I'm sure others with Yamaha and Denon experience will chime in.
post #8685 of 8706 Old 06-08-2019, 10:34 AM

gbreda, thanks for reply. Anthem is nice stuff. I’ve been happy with Denon. Never had a problem with my receiver since I bought it. Yes, the Audyssey upgrade is huge from what I’ve read. Hard not to notice those Yamaha’s weighing a good 7-8 lbs. more than comparable Denon models though.
post #8686 of 8706 Old 06-08-2019, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 180 Post(s)
Quoted: 311 Post(s)
Liked: 8742
I ran Yamaha A series AVR's for years without any issues. I currently have a Marantz 6012 and it definitely has more preout voltage then the Yamaha. Takes less amp gain to hit the same calibration levels with the subs. I like different things about each brand but the Marantz I do enjoy more for music. It seems to a better job with speaker EQ, but Audy Imo tries to do too much with the sub EQ. I think YPAO's minimalistic approach to subwoofer EQ is better for some situations.
spyboy and Hopinater like this.
post #8687 of 8706 Old 06-08-2019, 02:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 180 Post(s)
Quoted: 311 Post(s)
Liked: 8742
Oh and any AVR will drive PSA speakers with ease. Hell you could probably get reference level output with a mini dac headphone amp driving them lol.
gbreda and kelly.mcaloney like this.
post #8688 of 8706 Old 06-08-2019, 03:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
I ran Yamaha A series AVR's for years without any issues. I currently have a Marantz 6012 and it definitely has more preout voltage then the Yamaha. Takes less amp gain to hit the same calibration levels with the subs. I like different things about each brand but the Marantz I do enjoy more for music. It seems to a better job with speaker EQ, but Audy Imo tries to do too much with the sub EQ. I think YPAO's minimalistic approach to subwoofer EQ is better for some situations.
Interesting to hear that YPAO does better on subs. But then again if you take the time to properly set up the subs pre RC (as you do), it makes sense that the minimalist approach could have better results. IIRC Yahama also had a PEQ that would help as well?

Are you still using the MiniDSP with the Marantz?
post #8689 of 8706 Old 06-11-2019, 09:52 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I'm giving a serious look at a HT setup with 3 mtm210s and 2 of the 110 surrounds. When it comes to subs, is there a general consensus that I should get them from PSA, or are there some legit other options?
post #8690 of 8706 Old 06-12-2019, 12:00 AM

There is a general consensus that PSA makes very good/excellent subs with customer service second to none. However there are other legit options, Rythmik and HSU to name a couple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Julian View Post
I'm giving a serious look at a HT setup with 3 mtm210s and 2 of the 110 surrounds. When it comes to subs, is there a general consensus that I should get them from PSA, or are there some legit other options?

HT: PSA MTM-210T front, MTM-210C center, PSA MTM-210T surrounds, PSA MT-110 rears, Atmos / Canton, Ascend CBM-170SE, PSA V1800 , PSA V1801, Marantz SR7009 AVR & Emotiva A-100 stereo amp, Panasonic 65ST60 Plasma, Oppo BDP 93, Sony S1700, Music video: JBL L890, L880, LC2, SVS pc13-Ultra, Yamaha RX-V385, ASUS 31.5" IPS monitor, Sony S1700, Multichannel stereo: PSA MT-110, Bose 901, PSA S1510DF, Denon X1400H, Marantz SR6005
post #8691 of 8706 Old 06-12-2019, 12:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 1749 Post(s)
Liked: 3143
Quote:
There are plenty of legit options, including PSA, Rythmik, SVS, HSU, Monolith, JTR, Seaton, Funk and I'm sure plenty of others.
post #8692 of 8706 Old 06-12-2019, 05:41 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 538
Quote:
There are a lot of great ID Sub options and each company offers something a little different. What set PSA apart for me in order of importance is:

1. Customer Service - These are large purchases and I wanted to purchase from someone that was responsive and stood behind their product. Tom offers some of the best customer service I have experienced from any company.

2. Trade Up Program - I have a tendency to get bored and want to upgrade and PSA has a great trade up program. I have gone from V1501s to V1811s and now to TV36 without the hassle of trying to sell my current subs.

3. Great Performance - Most of the top ID brands offer much better performance than store bought brands. PSA is no exception.

4. Made in the USA - Although not the primary reason, I do appreciate the effort Tom has put into sources american made components and doing all assembly in the US.

Electronics: Denon X4400, Vizio M65
Subs: PSA V1811 & PSA V1801
Speakers: 3 x Chane A2.4 LCR, Klipsch Qunitet Surrounds
post #8693 of 8706 Old 06-12-2019, 05:54 AM

Quote:
You'll love them. I went with 210t's, 210c, and the 110t's, the big boy surrounds . Fantastic sounding. I currently have SvS subs, one being an 2003 model from when Tom had the company. If, or should I say when, I upgrade my subs, Power Sound Audio will be my go to. Customer service is second to none.
post #8694 of 8706 Old 06-12-2019, 07:46 AM

So it sounds like you all don't like these speakers very much

I'm going to call them up and ask a few questions. For instance, the place where I would like to put the center is pretty much just a hair over 28 inches wide. I need to know if these are EXACTLY 28, or a bit more, or (hopefully) a hair less.
Hopinater likes this.
post #8695 of 8706 Old 06-12-2019, 10:34 AM

Certainly give Tom a call. He has been very busy recently with the roll out of their new subs. If for some reason you don't get through try email which is currently the most reliable way to get through. You should get a response in less than 24 hrs.

My 210C measures a little less than 28-1/8 inches.

Quote:
So it sounds like you all don't like these speakers very much

I'm going to call them up and ask a few questions. For instance, the place where I would like to put the center is pretty much just a hair over 28 inches wide. I need to know if these are EXACTLY 28, or a bit more, or (hopefully) a hair less.
Hopinater likes this.

post #8696 of 8706 Old 06-12-2019, 12:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Quoted: 3240 Post(s)
Liked: 9555
I'll second what all these guys said.

1. These speakers are phenomenal in my opinion and I still smile every time I hear them and I've had them for at least four years.

2. You can pair up any subwoofer with the PSA speakers and there are many good options out there. I would look at the ID companies for the best bang for the buck. But if you go with PSA Tom will most likely knock some money off the subwoofer because you would be buying speakers already. Another thing to consider is PSA subwoofers are both powerful but they also have a very nice sound signature to them (trust me, not all subs sound the same).

3. This next one is huge... PSA Customer Service is second to none. You don't think about until you need it but if you need it Tom will be there for you.
osu fan, bear123 and Pradeep2 like this.

Subwoofers: PSA TV36 iPal X2 ...Speakers: PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210C Center- PSA MT110SR's Surrounds - RSL C34E Atmos... Motion Actuators: Crowson Shadow 8 - X2
Video: Samsung UN65KS9000 4K SUHD - Oppo UDP-203... AVR:Denon X4400... Gaming: XBOX ONE S

Guide to Subwoofer Calibration and Bass Preferences
post #8697 of 8706 Old 06-12-2019, 02:28 PM

Just got off the phone with Power Sound. Talked to Tom. He let me waste lots of his time, very nice guy. I am measuring a few things in my house tonight, but I think I may take the plunge. He said the speakers are exactly 28 inches before the finish is applied, so he estimated 28 and 1/32. Thats brutally close to the amount of space I have under my tv, so I am going to try to measure precisely and hope it fits, or try to come up with a way to fit it with carpentry.
post #8698 of 8706 Old 06-13-2019, 04:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Just got off the phone with Power Sound. Talked to Tom. He let me waste lots of his time, very nice guy. I am measuring a few things in my house tonight, but I think I may take the plunge. He said the speakers are exactly 28 inches before the finish is applied, so he estimated 28 and 1/32. Thats brutally close to the amount of space I have under my tv, so I am going to try to measure precisely and hope it fits, or try to come up with a way to fit it with carpentry.
I'm sure you really want 210's and I am not sure about the room size but the 110's are no slouch for LCR duty
zeuspaul likes this.
post #8699 of 8706 Old 06-13-2019, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbreda View Post
I'm sure you really want 210's and I am not sure about the room size but the 110's are no slouch for LCR duty
Room is really big, plus it is open to the kitchen, open to the hallway, open to the piano room, etc.... its basically the entire first floor of my house. Acoustically it is no bueno. My rudimentary sense of audio tells me to put big speakers in there.

I will probably shoot a 360 video and send it to Tom before final purchase to see if he thinks I'm right.
post #8700 of 8706 Old 06-13-2019, 04:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Quoted: 2601 Post(s)
Liked: 3029
Quote:
Room is really big, plus it is open to the kitchen, open to the hallway, open to the piano room, etc.... its basically the entire first floor of my house. Acoustically it is no bueno. My rudimentary sense of audio tells me to put big speakers in there.

I will probably shoot a 360 video and send it to Tom before final purchase to see if he thinks I'm right.

The 210s can fill a stadium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev 2 with Paper cone
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - PSA MT 110sr Surrounds - 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra & Premium, Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers