Picture Guide to Replacing Paradigm Tweeter Diaphragms - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 7Likes

post #1 of 65 Old 09-27-2014, 11:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Picture Guide to Replacing Paradigm Tweeter Diaphragms

Most if not all of us who own vintage Paradigms know that tweeter failure is more a matter of when than if. To repair them, really it is as easy as sending Paradigm an email or placing a call and ordering replacement tweeter diaphragms, then installing them.

When it comes time to replace the diaphragm yourself, I've looked through the series of tubes that is the Internets, many assurances are given that it is an easy process, but next to no visual aids. I wanted to highlight how easy it really is with this step-by-step tutorial.

Below is how to replace a Paradigm tweeter diaphragm (my Monitor 3v2 and 9SE MKII are the guinea pigs). The Monitor 3v2 tweeter is an in-house Paradigm tweeter, and the 9SE MKII is a Vifa tweeter, but both share the same essential design components.

Tools needed:

-Philips head screwdriver (medium and small tip)
-Torx screwdriver for the Monitor (unsure of exact size)

Optional:

-Tweezers
-Replacement ferrofluid (http://www.parts-express.com/ferrofl...er-vc--340-540)

Replacement diaphragm: Should arrive in a box like this.

Start by removing the tweeter with housing from the speaker. It is held in by 4 phillips head screws. Once out, you will disconnect the two speaker leads (Green (-) and Blue (+)).

Then, remove housing from tweeter. The Vifa uses hex screws, the Monitor uses torx screws. The old diaphragm will lift straight up and out of the voice coil cavity.

Monitor 3v2 Paradigm tweeter:

Ew old bad diaphragms:

Note the cloth dome under the diaphragm on the Vifa tweeter:

The Vifa dome may have ferrofluid that has leaked onto it. That's ok. Inspect for loose hairs and trim with the tweezers.

Now, inspect for debris from the old voice coils or other things in the voice coil cavity. This is where the ferrofluid goes. I got excited at this stage and forgot to take pictures, I apologize. If you notice debris or just want to replace the ferrofluid, follow the instructions that came in the package from Parts-Express. At first, I didn't notice some debris that was in my Vifa tweeter, and noticed scratchiness when it was back in. After taking it back out and cleaning / replacing the ferrofluid, no more scratchiness.

Now, look at how fancy and new your new diaphragms look. (I transferred the little plastic sheet from my old Vifa to the new one, not sure if necessary, but they probably put it there for a reason?)

Vifa:

Paradigm:

Now, put the new diaphragm on. Start by lining up the holes with the bosses on the magnet, and it will lower right into place. God, this picture is horrible, sorry.

Now, re-assemble, tightening the bolts snugly, and reverse the removal steps to put back into cabinets. Ta-da! You now have new working tweeters. Congrats!

(Forgive the clutter, we just moved in!)

Hope that helps you guys who are considering doing this yourselves. In hindsight I should have taken more pictures, especially of the ferrofluid replacement. I apologize!

Happy repairing,
Ryan
sweerawardana likes this.

D'entendre est de savoir

Last edited by lawdogg; 09-27-2014 at 11:30 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 65 Old 09-27-2014, 05:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 2137 Post(s)
Liked: 3058
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdogg View Post
Most if not all of us who own vintage Paradigms know that tweeter failure is more a matter of when than if. To repair them, really it is as easy as sending Paradigm an email or placing a call and ordering replacement tweeter diaphragms, then installing them.

When it comes time to replace the diaphragm yourself, I've looked through the series of tubes that is the Internets, many assurances are given that it is an easy process, but next to no visual aids. I wanted to highlight how easy it really is with this step-by-step tutorial.

Below is how to replace a Paradigm tweeter diaphragm (my Monitor 3v2 and 9SE MKII are the guinea pigs). The Monitor 3v2 tweeter is an in-house Paradigm tweeter, and the 9SE MKII is a Vifa tweeter, but both share the same essential design components.

Tools needed:

-Philips head screwdriver (medium and small tip)
-Torx screwdriver for the Monitor (unsure of exact size)

Optional:

-Tweezers
-Replacement ferrofluid (http://www.parts-express.com/ferrofl...er-vc--340-540)

Replacement diaphragm: Should arrive in a box like this.

Start by removing the tweeter with housing from the speaker. It is held in by 4 phillips head screws. Once out, you will disconnect the two speaker leads (Green (-) and Blue (+)).

Then, remove housing from tweeter. The Vifa uses hex screws, the Monitor uses torx screws. The old diaphragm will lift straight up and out of the voice coil cavity.

Monitor 3v2 Paradigm tweeter:

Ew old bad diaphragms:

Note the cloth dome under the diaphragm on the Vifa tweeter:

The Vifa dome may have ferrofluid that has leaked onto it. That's ok. Inspect for loose hairs and trim with the tweezers.

Now, inspect for debris from the old voice coils or other things in the voice coil cavity. This is where the ferrofluid goes. I got excited at this stage and forgot to take pictures, I apologize. If you notice debris or just want to replace the ferrofluid, follow the instructions that came in the package from Parts-Express. At first, I didn't notice some debris that was in my Vifa tweeter, and noticed scratchiness when it was back in. After taking it back out and cleaning / replacing the ferrofluid, no more scratchiness.

Now, look at how fancy and new your new diaphragms look. (I transferred the little plastic sheet from my old Vifa to the new one, not sure if necessary, but they probably put it there for a reason?)

Vifa:

Paradigm:

Now, put the new diaphragm on. Start by lining up the holes with the bosses on the magnet, and it will lower right into place. God, this picture is horrible, sorry.

Now, re-assemble, tightening the bolts snugly, and reverse the removal steps to put back into cabinets. Ta-da! You now have new working tweeters. Congrats!

(Forgive the clutter, we just moved in!)

Hope that helps you guys who are considering doing this yourselves. In hindsight I should have taken more pictures, especially of the ferrofluid replacement. I apologize!

Happy repairing,
Ryan
Thanks for sharing Ryan

I do not own your speaker, but I am sure someone may get some help out of it.
Just wanted to take a few minutes to say Thank you and Welcome to this site.

You did put a lot of pictures (I still try to figure how to do-it since the format has change).

So welcome to this forum.

Ray
post #3 of 65 Old 09-27-2014, 05:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 65 Old 09-27-2014, 08:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Liked: 387
Great post, lawdogg. I'm with darthray when it comes to posting pictures. It used to be easy til they changed things around here.

It's kinda a coincidence that I just did this task a few days ago. A few weeks ago I had too many Budweisers and the protector kicked on my Sony Receiver. After I reset, things sounded flat, yep, blew a tweeter.

Called Paradigm. 20.00$ for diaphram, 10.50$ shipping. Had a little chat with the agent and found out she was Vietnamese. I used to camp and hike and hunt there 40 some years ago. Lol. Surprised how little she knew of her home land, as she came to Canada at age 3. Found it amusing she had a Canadian accent.

Any how, it was a little tricky doing this without damaging the new diaphram. I had to use scotch tape to keep things lined up. The speaker was a Paradigm CC-470 V3 Center Speaker. The agent said they have 200+ diaphragms in stock.

TV - LG 65B7P OLED / Receiver - Yamaha RX-A1040 7.2 / Blu Ray - Oppo BDP-83 / Turntable - Technics SL-3300 / Cable Box - Comcast X1 V4 4K /L & R Paradigm Studio 20 V3
Center - Paradigm CC-470 V3 / 4 Surrounds - Paradigm SA-15 V3 In Walls
Subwoofer 1 - Sunfire HRS-12 / Subwoofer 2 - Paradigm PW-2100
post #5 of 65 Old 09-28-2014, 02:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytrooper View Post
Great post, lawdogg. I'm with darthray when it comes to posting pictures. It used to be easy til they changed things around here.

It's kinda a coincidence that I just did this task a few days ago. A few weeks ago I had too many Budweisers and the protector kicked on my Sony Receiver. After I reset, things sounded flat, yep, blew a tweeter.

Called Paradigm. 20.00$ for diaphram, 10.50$ shipping. Had a little chat with the agent and found out she was Vietnamese. I used to camp and hike and hunt there 40 some years ago. Lol. Surprised how little she knew of her home land, as she came to Canada at age 3. Found it amusing she had a Canadian accent.

Any how, it was a little tricky doing this without damaging the new diaphram. I had to use scotch tape to keep things lined up. The speaker was a Paradigm CC-470 V3 Center Speaker. The agent said they have 200+ diaphragms in stock.
Good to know the OP was of some help to someone!
A new member and post something that is so constructive.

Kudo to lawdogg for such a great post.

Ray

Last edited by darthray; 09-28-2014 at 02:06 PM.
post #6 of 65 Old 09-29-2014, 10:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Appreciated, guys, thanks. I hope it's helpful. If they ever come apart again, I'll remember to snap key photos of the ferrofluid replacement process. Really very easy. The kit from Parts Express even includes absorbent paper with which to remove the old fluid.
darthray likes this.

D'entendre est de savoir
post #7 of 65 Old 09-29-2014, 12:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

You know lawdogg, when I was inserting that diaphram into the magnet, I noticed it kinda like "floated". I didn't know what that was about til you started talking about that ferrofluid. Still don't fully understand how this works. Will watch and learn.

Thanks for your input.

TV - LG 65B7P OLED / Receiver - Yamaha RX-A1040 7.2 / Blu Ray - Oppo BDP-83 / Turntable - Technics SL-3300 / Cable Box - Comcast X1 V4 4K /L & R Paradigm Studio 20 V3
post #8 of 65 Old 11-09-2015, 07:45 AM

Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 92
So, I'm reviving an old thread....

Short version... I have a pair of Studio 60 v1's purchased around 1997/8 in college. I have a shredded tweeter diaphragm in one, but the speakers have been mothballed forever. Tried "selling" here on AVS to a good home, but had to list a price which made it hard...

After finding a way to try and repurpose them (going to do a 3.0 setup in the bedroom with the CC400 i also have), I'm going to try and repair it.

I'll post pics and my experience as it goes...
post #9 of 65 Old 11-09-2015, 07:48 AM

Here are the pics I sent along with my service request
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1447084043251.jpg
Views:	911
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	1047249   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1447084064248.jpg
Views:	879
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	1047257  
post #10 of 65 Old 11-09-2015, 10:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

It's ok in my eyes to revive an old thread. I do remember it was hard getting that voice coil in there straight. I didn't have to replace any ferrofluid. CC-470 Center Speaker still sounds great.

post #11 of 65 Old 11-10-2015, 12:36 PM

So this was my response....

Short version, the diaphragm isn't made anymore, but they could make one for $140 + shipping

Anyone know of an alternative? It is a Studio 60 v1 for what it's worth... I'd potentially replace both so they match if it was cheap... otherwise I suppose I'll break them down for parts..

########
Subject: Warranty Service / Parts
NOV 10, 2015 | 02:01PM EST
James Woodley replied:
Good Morning ####,

We no longer have that replacement diaphragms available for this model. However, we can rebuild this tweeter back to factory specs, starting at a rate for $140 + shipping. If you would like to proceed with this option, please fill out the information below. Please note, in order to rebuild this tweeter diaphragm, it will come out as a different colour (it’s a bronze colour). Thanks and have a great day.

We can have this repaired here at the factory starting at a rate of $140 (plus shipping).
If you wish to proceed, please provide the following details so that we can have a Service Ticket Number (TKT) made for you.
This will be required for each product being returned for service.

Please note all items will be shipped to our Buffalo warehouse and consolidated for return to our factory in Canada.

Customer Name:
Address:
City:
State:
Zip:
Tel:
Model:
Serial Number:
Color:
Date of Purchase:
Description Problem:
Pre-Approved Repair Limit: $
James W
post #12 of 65 Old 11-10-2015, 05:04 PM

Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Good guide. Are Paradigm tweeters less reliable/robust than the typical speaker?? What about the Signature Beryllium tweeters? Would be very expensive and a pain to replace those.
post #13 of 65 Old 11-10-2015, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xirtam2005 View Post
Good guide. Are Paradigm tweeters less reliable/robust than the typical speaker?? What about the Signature Beryllium tweeters? Would be very expensive and a pain to replace those.
I can't speak to the new tweeters, but I can say that the damage in my case was entirely my (read: room mates) fault. I purchased mine when in college living on campus in the mid 90's, and we beat the snot out of them. I really should have been running PA equipment, but my roomies found that they could turn things up so loud and it sounded good that they partied a lot when I wasn't around. I know from walking in a few times that they pushed things waaaayyy over the limit. At the time I was driving my set up with a Carver Pre/Pro, and Carver THX 5 channel amp (AV-705X like this one)

crazy party one night, and a busted grill cloth and broken diaphragm... never got it fixed, and pulled out of mothballs to try and resurrect... oh well...
post #14 of 65 Old 12-13-2015, 07:50 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Cool

Stoked to see this thread. I have a number of Paradigm speakers, all from the late 90's to early 2000's. We had a house party this past Halloween and during set-up for our outdoor dance floor, one of a pair of 450 LCR speakers took a dive from 4' up and hit the concrete floor. The tweeter broke off from the plastic faceplate.

I've reassembled the tweeter to try and test it, but it seems really dead. I had been toying with the idea of calling Paradigm to see if they had replacements but I figured there was no way they'd have replacements for 15 year old speakers. I guess I should make that call now to see.

Thanks for the push!
post #15 of 65 Old 01-28-2016, 08:49 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Paradigm said they are out of the V2 Tweeter Diaphrams and have no idea if they'll be making any more replacement parts. Does anyone know where I can find an alternative to the Paradigm Replacement parts? This is for a CC-370 v.2, and I'd hate to think it's now a paper weight

Thanks in advance
post #16 of 65 Old 05-20-2016, 06:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 401 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Cool reviving my 'ol Paradigm Studio 60ies v.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr159 View Post

Short version... I have a pair of Studio 60 v1's purchased around 1997/8 in college. I have a shredded tweeter diaphragm in one, but the speakers have been mothballed forever. Tried "selling" here on AVS to a good home, but had to list a price which made it hard...

After finding a way to try and repurpose them (going to do a 3.0 setup in the bedroom with the CC400 i also have), I'm going to try and repair it.

OK! I may be of some help, if you haven't gotten new speakers yet. over 2 years ago, my tweeters on the same exact pair you have, shredded (or better yet 'flaked apart'), and was also desperate to get factory replacements, WITH NO LUCK...
Well, I did replace them with the VIFA TWEETERS that are on the OP's pictures above. I actually had to have some balls to take dikes to the aluminum tweeter diffusers...I had to do this because this particular VIFA REPLACEMENT is a larger tweeter, thus will push on the outside diffuser if not cut out. So, I cut the 'spider' diffuser (which is the dome protector, really) so that this larger dome had no obstructions...How did it work out??? A W E S O M E ...in fact they sound better now than they did factory The problem now is that these particular VIFA's are now out of production, and I just purchased the last one from madison speaker store, just last week...It was their LAST ONE anyway, hope this helps, and if you need pics, I can certainly take a few...
post #17 of 65 Old 05-21-2016, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBMAN View Post
Quote:

OK! I may be of some help, if you haven't gotten new speakers yet. over 2 years ago, my tweeters on the same exact pair you have, shredded (or better yet 'flaked apart'), and was also desperate to get factory replacements, WITH NO LUCK...
Well, I did replace them with the VIFA TWEETERS that are on the OP's pictures above. I actually had to have some balls to take dikes to the aluminum tweeter diffusers...I had to do this because this particular VIFA REPLACEMENT is a larger tweeter, thus will push on the outside diffuser if not cut out. So, I cut the 'spider' diffuser (which is the dome protector, really) so that this larger dome had no obstructions...How did it work out??? A W E S O M E ...in fact they sound better now than they did factory The problem now is that these particular VIFA's are now out of production, and I just purchased the last one from madison speaker store, just last week...It was their LAST ONE anyway, hope this helps, and if you need pics, I can certainly take a few...

Wow, awesome update @KBMAN , thanks for contributing. I still have mine and put them back in mothballs.

Bummed that the tweeter is out of production, but the good news is that I can likely find a close match since I can get some specs on the VIFA...

Any pics you can post would be much appreciated!

If I can swing it time wise this summer, maybe I can get some measurements of the original and modified for comparison from REW for those that may be curious... Can't promise anything there though....
post #18 of 65 Old 05-22-2016, 01:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Pics coming today jcr159 I installed a new one, just yesterday...It sounds great, however my BIG THEORY here with most paradigm tweeters, is that the ferro-fluid dries up, rendering a motor without engine oil I need to get some ferro-fluid to extend the life of these particular tweets!
post #19 of 65 Old 05-22-2016, 05:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

OK BOYZ...Here goes, with a few pics...This is the VIFA VOICE COIL INTO A PARADIGM MOTOR/Magnet...Pic #2 is me holding the dead VIFA...And yes, I've got my 60's covered in black velvet
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-05-22 at 5.23.14 PM.png
Views:	854
Size:	747.4 KB
ID:	1454666   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tweet-2.jpg
Views:	898
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	1454674   Click image for larger version

Name:	TWEET-3.jpg
Views:	896
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	1454682   Click image for larger version

Name:	TOWER-60-pic-1.jpg
Views:	947
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	1454690   Click image for larger version

Name:	TOWER-60-VELVET.jpg
Views:	867
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	1454698  

post #20 of 65 Old 05-23-2016, 11:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I found a source for these, and they are $30 ea http://reconingspeakers.com/product/...aphragm-8-ohm/ looks like they have these in stock for us Paradigm guys! HOPE THIS HELPS
post #21 of 65 Old 05-24-2016, 05:45 AM

Quote:
I found a source for these, and they are $30 ea http://reconingspeakers.com/product/...aphragm-8-ohm/ looks like they have these in stock for us Paradigm guys! HOPE THIS HELPS

Thanks a ton @KBMAN !

going to order one... (or maybe i should order 3 and do the whole front stage to make them match... hmm...)

i guess i can always swap back and forth. Nothing going to happen until late June either way, i'm travelling for work and on some long overdue vacation..

thanks for the great find!
post #22 of 65 Old 05-24-2016, 11:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Exclamation

Quote:
Thanks a ton @KBMAN !

going to order one... (or maybe i should order 3 and do the whole front stage to make them match... hmm...)

i guess i can always swap back and forth. Nothing going to happen until late June either way, i'm travelling for work and on some long overdue vacation..

thanks for the great find!
YOU ARE MOST WELCOME, jcr159 I talked with one of the folks there (which was refreshing not to get some attitude from p*rtsexpress), and they told me about the ferro-fluid. Basically, they were having more problems (past and present) with the ferro installed, so their techs remove all the ferro-fluid all of these tweeters, with much better longevity.....Just suck the fluid out of the motor, or use something like a thin cotton swap to get all, or most of it out....
post #23 of 65 Old 05-24-2016, 11:31 AM

Quote:
YOU ARE MOST WELCOME, jcr159 I talked with one of the folks there (which was refreshing not to get some attitude from p*rtsexpress), and they told me about the ferro-fluid. Basically, they were having more problems (past and present) with the ferro installed, so their techs remove all the ferro-fluid all of these tweeters, with much better longevity.....Just suck the fluid out of the motor, or use something like a thin cotton swap to get all, or most of it out....
rock on, thanks for the cleanup tip...

and btw, HUGE THANKS for the new HTG theme song... excellent work good sir!
KBMAN likes this.
post #24 of 65 Old 05-24-2016, 02:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Cool

Quote:
rock on, thanks for the cleanup tip...

and btw, HUGE THANKS for the new HTG theme song... excellent work good sir!
Hey THANKS MAN I thought, if I were to continue to watch the show, I should at least take the time to help Scott Wilkinson with this. I really needed to fix what was already there....AVS has given so much to me, I thought, 'This is how I can 'give back' from all the knowledge, camaraderie, and FUN I've gained on AVS FORUM for a long, long time...Now I can look forward to each show!
post #25 of 65 Old 06-23-2016, 06:56 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Not to hijack this thread but here is some work I did on paradigm tweeter replacement.

http://users.accesscomm.ca/templed/a...o40/index.html
post #26 of 65 Old 10-02-2016, 12:25 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Pics coming today jcr159 I installed a new one, just yesterday...It sounds great, however my BIG THEORY here with most paradigm tweeters, is that the ferro-fluid dries up, rendering a motor without engine oil I need to get some ferro-fluid to extend the life of these particular tweets!
@KBMAN - Could you, if possible, get the Paradigm Part number on the back of your monitor Tweeters? I have the same issue as you but with the Mini Monitor V2s (Part B3TWHF-TIM-050 0801)

The tweeters look exactly the same but hard to confirm based on just the pictures.

Great job on being the first to try swapping to a diaphragm that is currently being produced - and sounds like you are happy with the results as well!

Thanks,
Tordles
post #27 of 65 Old 10-02-2016, 08:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tordles View Post
@KBMAN - Could you, if possible, get the Paradigm Part number on the back of your monitor Tweeters? I have the same issue as you but with the Mini Monitor V2s (Part B3TWHF-TIM-050 0801)

The tweeters look exactly the same but hard to confirm based on just the pictures.

Great job on being the first to try swapping to a diaphragm that is currently being produced - and sounds like you are happy with the results as well!

Thanks,
Tordles
YO Tordles , The tweeter replacement was for the Paradigm Studio Reference, and NOT the Monitor Series...Now keep in mind that the original tweeters on my Studio 60's were ALUMINUM...The monitors in the past were always SILK DOME. I do not have the original part # of the original tweet, but just call Madisound, and they will def. help you out. My guess is that this particular replacement WOULD BE A PERFECT MATCH, given it's a 1" tweeter. If it's older paradigm, they didn't 'tweek' too much in the way of speaker design....Nowadays it's a completely different ballgame. hope i can help!
post #28 of 65 Old 10-13-2016, 10:30 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
replacement tweeter/diaphragm

I just aquired a set of Paradigm Monitor 90P v2 series with one tweeter out. I've disassembled it and the coil was gummed up and damaged. I contacted Paradigm and they no longer stock or are making the replacement diaphragm's for the v1 - v3 series (NI-04 and NI-05 diaphragms). So I'm stuck. Any recommendations on replacement diaphragms that will fit, or a whole new tweeter?

Thanks,
Dan
post #29 of 65 Old 10-13-2016, 10:35 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankirkpatrick View Post
I just aquired a set of Paradigm Monitor 90P v2 series with one tweeter out. I've disassembled it and the coil was gummed up and damaged. I contacted Paradigm and they no longer stock or are making the replacement diaphragm's for the v1 - v3 series (NI-04 and NI-05 diaphragms). So I'm stuck. Any recommendations on replacement diaphragms that will fit, or a whole new tweeter?

Thanks,
Dan
Pictures
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20161006_183540.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	164.9 KB
ID:	1714129   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161006_181748.jpg
Views:	445
Size:	181.3 KB
ID:	1714137   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161007_084215.jpg
Views:	433
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	1714145   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161007_091434.jpg
Views:	467
Size:	244.0 KB
ID:	1714153  
post #30 of 65 Old 10-13-2016, 10:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Try this.... http://reconingspeakers.com/product/...m/#prettyPhoto

The VIFA's usually fit the paradigms of Old....Your tweeter frame is different though, so you would need to know the exact dimensions of your tweeter/coil/motor, as it needs to be really close (or a perfect match) for the Paradigm motor/magnet. The above link will tell you the dimensions of the VIFA, and you can always contact them and they can be a great help....If a dome replacement can't be found, I'm sure a full tweeter replacement can be found, although I try to avoid that, myself...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers