Desktop monitor recommendations
Thanks for indulging another recommendation thread. Here goes:
1. Budget: Desired range $300-500
2. These will be for my desk and I would like them to be suitable for video editing, music, and gaming.
3. Existing equipment: Klipsch Quintet III - 3" satellite speakers, Polk Audio 8" powered sub (80-100w?), Lepai 20w 2 channel amplifier.
4. Room size 10' x 14' - open on far side to larger space
5. Placement, I would like to place them on my desk which is 5' wide and close to the wall
6. Size: I would like a 5" - 6.5" woofer
7. Equipment consideration: I've looked at a few powered monitors at Guitar City such as KRK Rockits, some Yamahas, and Mackies.
8. Audio signatures preferred: clear, bright
Should I go with a powered monitor or a home theater type bookshelf? Do you think that the audio quality is comparable at the same price point?
Is nearfield a useful term or a marketing one?