New SVS Prime series speakers - Page 8 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 322Likes

post #211 of 1195 Old 01-15-2015, 01:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Updating this because I went ahead and ordered the Prime 5.1 system and got it in last night. I am completely blown away by these things esp for the size and price. They are quite a bit better than my old Polk Rti8/Csi5/fxi a4 and svs pb10 sub (had them both setup because I wanted to test them side by side using the 45 day trial on the svs system). Even more impressive since the polks cost almost 3x as much as the primes and are significantly larger. I don't know how they managed to get such a warm and wide front stage even considering the center is just another satellite. I was thinking I would want to upgrade that to the prime center someday but now I kinda doubt I will, its that good. I think I am just going to add a second sb1000 someday and a few more satellites when the 3d sound options take over.
darthray and groundtrac like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 1195 Old 01-16-2015, 11:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1200 Post(s)
Liked: 495
I just ordered my first SVS sub, PC-2000, that will be delivered next week. I currently have Velodyne CHT Front Row Satellite Speakers and I've been contemplating buying the SVS Prime Bookshelf L/R and Prime Center and moving my Velodyne Satellites to the rear. I was going to wait till spring to purchase but not sure I can wait that long. Those that have bought the Prime Bookshelf and Center, what are your thoughts?

I'll be using these with a Marantz NR-1504 AVR which I assume has the muscle to power these?

Marantz NR-1504 Specs:

Power Amp Rated Output
Front:
50 W + 50 W (8 Ω/ohms, 20 Hz – 20 kHz with 0.08 % T.H.D.)
60 W + 60 W (6 Ω/ohms, 1 kHz with 0.7 % T.H.D.)
Center:
50 W (8 Ω/ohms, 20 Hz – 20 kHz with 0.08 % T.H.D.)
60 W (6 Ω/ohms, 1 kHz with 0.7 % T.H.D.)
Surround:
50 W + 50 W (8 Ω/ohms, 20 Hz – 20 kHz with 0.08 % T.H.D.)
60 W + 60 W (6 Ω/ohms, 1 kHz with 0.7 % T.H.D.)

Many thanks!
post #213 of 1195 Old 01-16-2015, 06:48 PM

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 36
I am using the Prime center and absolutely love it. I can't speak to the bookshelves, but I do have 4 of the Prime satellites that I'm using for my Atmos. Before I hooked them up for Atmos, I listened to them as main's and was somewhat blown away that such a little speaker could produce such a good range and sound. I can only think the that bookshelves would be as good and better. I am currently contemplating upgrading my 4 surrounds to the Prime bookshelves, but am almost thinking that the satellites would be sufficient.
mbroadus likes this.

Epson 5030ub || Marantz 7009 || Emotiva XPA-5|| Red Dragon Audio M500 SKII monoblocks x 2 || Oppo 103|| SVS Prime Towers || Prime Center || Prime Satellites x 8 || SVS PB-2000 x 2 || VApex 110" standard electric screen || wife|| 2 kids || dog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #214 of 1195 Old 01-16-2015, 09:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 2465 Post(s)
Liked: 3875
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagouar View Post
Updating this because I went ahead and ordered the Prime 5.1 system and got it in last night. I am completely blown away by these things esp for the size and price. They are quite a bit better than my old Polk Rti8/Csi5/fxi a4 and svs pb10 sub (had them both setup because I wanted to test them side by side using the 45 day trial on the svs system). Even more impressive since the polks cost almost 3x as much as the primes and are significantly larger. I don't know how they managed to get such a warm and wide front stage even considering the center is just another satellite. I was thinking I would want to upgrade that to the prime center someday but now I kinda doubt I will, its that good. I think I am just going to add a second sb1000 someday and a few more satellites when the 3d sound options take over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by groundtrac View Post
I am using the Prime center and absolutely love it. I can't speak to the bookshelves, but I do have 4 of the Prime satellites that I'm using for my Atmos. Before I hooked them up for Atmos, I listened to them as main's and was somewhat blown away that such a little speaker could produce such a good range and sound. I can only think the that bookshelves would be as good and better. I am currently contemplating upgrading my 4 surrounds to the Prime bookshelves, but am almost thinking that the satellites would be sufficient.

Thanks for your impressions guys

I got SVS subs and love them.
I thinks comment like these, is very important for mid-budget speakers future buyers, since some members want to spend more than lower budget and not go into higher budget.

I did not go back too far into this tread, but check it once in a while.
I'm sure there is some other great comments out there, since SVS make great product, just as other great ID companies.

They need to be Supported when they make a product that stand out for the money.

Happy listening everyone.

Ray
mbroadus likes this.

Last edited by darthray; 01-16-2015 at 09:20 PM.
post #215 of 1195 Old 02-03-2015, 06:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Has anyone had a chance to compare the Prime and Ultra series bookshelf speakers? I was about to pull the trigger on the Prime's but curious whether there's a big difference in sound quality between the two? I read in a review that quoted Gary as saying, "They are closer than we typically want to admit! That said, the Ultra Bookshelf offers fairly significant improvements in the areas of low frequency extension and dynamic range. The mid-bass driver material is superior on the Ultra as well and allows for improved lightness and stiffness, so imaging is tighter and soundstage a bit more authoritative."
post #216 of 1195 Old 02-03-2015, 04:15 PM

I am running Prime Towers and have several of the Prime Satellites. I was noticing on the SVS website that they have a 2.1 Prime Satellite package offered that is paired with an sb-1000 sub. I think this would be a perfect setup for my Plasma in the den situation. I have been looking at sound-bars and just cannot find anything I really like. Having already owned some of the satellites I know exactly what I am getting with SVS. But can someone recommend what kind of amp to use in this situation? I don't want a full size A/V receiver, just something that can take the tv output, oh-and something pretty simple! My wife will kill me if she has to use 3 remotes to sit down and watch TV!

Epson 5030ub || Marantz 7009 || Emotiva XPA-5|| Red Dragon Audio M500 SKII monoblocks x 2 || Oppo 103|| SVS Prime Towers || Prime Center || Prime Satellites x 8 || SVS PB-2000 x 2 || VApex 110" standard electric screen || wife|| 2 kids || dog
post #217 of 1195 Old 02-03-2015, 04:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I am running Prime Towers and have several of the Prime Satellites. I was noticing on the SVS website that they have a 2.1 Prime Satellite package offered that is paired with an sb-1000 sub. I think this would be a perfect setup for my Plasma in the den situation. I have been looking at sound-bars and just cannot find anything I really like. Having already owned some of the satellites I know exactly what I am getting with SVS. But can someone recommend what kind of amp to use in this situation? I don't want a full size A/V receiver, just something that can take the tv output, oh-and something pretty simple! My wife will kill me if she has to use 3 remotes to sit down and watch TV!

What about a Marantz slim line receiver? I have the NR-1504 and it's a very good and can be operated via remote or iPad app. And this one is on sale - http://www.accessories4less.com/make...eceiver/1.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Panasonic P60VT60 Calibrated by Chad B
Anthem MRX-720, Oppo UDP-203, Bluesound Node 2i
Focal Aria 936/CC900, SVS SB-3000
MacBook Pro, AppleTV 3 & 4K, Sony PS4 Pro
APC H-15
post #218 of 1195 Old 02-03-2015, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbroadus View Post
What about a Marantz slim line receiver? I have the NR-1504 and it's a very good and can be operated via remote or iPad app. And this one is on sale - http://www.accessories4less.com/make...eceiver/1.html
I think that is a good idea. Without having to buy a universal remote, is there an amp in this situation that will adjust volume based on the volume I chose on the TV? Or perhaps the Marantz amp can be programmed to be used with the TV?

post #219 of 1195 Old 02-03-2015, 04:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I think that is a good idea. Without having to buy a universal remote, is there an amp in this situation that will adjust volume based on the volume I chose on the TV? Or perhaps the Marantz amp can be programmed to be used with the TV?

Yes, the receiver has HDMI 6 in, 1 out for other components and to the TV. I can control the receiver volume with my tv remote but you need to check to see if your TV will allow it to sync with the receiver.

Panasonic P60VT60 Calibrated by Chad B
Anthem MRX-720, Oppo UDP-203, Bluesound Node 2i
Focal Aria 936/CC900, SVS SB-3000
MacBook Pro, AppleTV 3 & 4K, Sony PS4 Pro
APC H-15
post #220 of 1195 Old 02-04-2015, 07:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 657 Post(s)
Liked: 552
What wall mount would work well with the Prime satellites? I don't want to flush-mount them, as my intended use would be as front height speakers, so I need to be able to angle them downwards about ~20 degrees.
post #221 of 1195 Old 02-04-2015, 11:08 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 419 Post(s)
Liked: 194
Quote:
http://nadelectronics.com/products/d...work-Amplifier
post #222 of 1195 Old 02-05-2015, 09:23 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi everyone,

I'm in the market for a home theater system and was recommended the SVS Prime Satellite 5.1 system. I'm looking to spend less than $1K for the speakers (separate from the receiver). I've been reading reviews about the SVS and are a bit mixed in certain areas. I need something that I can hang on the wall or if it's a tower, it can't be huge. I like the 45 day trial but my question is, can anyone who has bought the system chime in on this? Are the 5 satellite's performance good? I'm not too much of a audiophile but do want something that sounds good. It's going to be used mainly 80%-90% for movies and the rest for music (I read the system is not too great for music but I guess reviews are subjective). So again, is it a good idea to go with the 5 satellites or would it be better to get the towers for the front speaker. OR, would it be a good idea to get two satellites for the read, the sub (i've heard nothing but good things for the sub) and either the SVS center or another satellite and then a pair of the Pioneer SP-BS22 for the fronts. So option 1 would be 5 SVS satellites and the SB-1000 (can anyone say what the difference between the SB-1000 and PB-1000) option 2 would be two satellites for the rear, SVS center or another satellite for the center and two pioneer SP-BS22 for the front. Forgot to mention some details about the living room. We have food floors, the room is about 11X15 or so and the right side opens to the kitchen, main living area where we will be watching TV is the 11X15 though

Any feedback on this would be GREATLY appreciated! thank you !

Last edited by alia55; 02-05-2015 at 09:26 PM.
post #223 of 1195 Old 02-05-2015, 10:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by alia55 View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm in the market for a home theater system and was recommended the SVS Prime Satellite 5.1 system. I'm looking to spend less than $1K for the speakers (separate from the receiver). I've been reading reviews about the SVS and are a bit mixed in certain areas. I need something that I can hang on the wall or if it's a tower, it can't be huge. I like the 45 day trial but my question is, can anyone who has bought the system chime in on this? Are the 5 satellite's performance good? I'm not too much of a audiophile but do want something that sounds good. It's going to be used mainly 80%-90% for movies and the rest for music (I read the system is not too great for music but I guess reviews are subjective). So again, is it a good idea to go with the 5 satellites or would it be better to get the towers for the front speaker. OR, would it be a good idea to get two satellites for the read, the sub (i've heard nothing but good things for the sub) and either the SVS center or another satellite and then a pair of the Pioneer SP-BS22 for the fronts. So option 1 would be 5 SVS satellites and the SB-1000 (can anyone say what the difference between the SB-1000 and PB-1000) option 2 would be two satellites for the rear, SVS center or another satellite for the center and two pioneer SP-BS22 for the front. Forgot to mention some details about the living room. We have food floors, the room is about 11X15 or so and the right side opens to the kitchen, main living area where we will be watching TV is the 11X15 though

Any feedback on this would be GREATLY appreciated! thank you !
The SB-1000 is a sealed 12" design while the PB1000 is a 10" ported design. For mainly HT & gaming you're probably better off with the ported design. The Prime Sats are the real deal for great sound in a compact speaker. I have a pair as L/R in a 5.1 sat setup so I can vouch for them. You get 45 days to test drive them and shipping is free both ways.
post #224 of 1195 Old 02-05-2015, 11:08 PM

Or spend just a little more and do the Prime Bookshelves for your L&R. That should cover you for both music and movies. Then do the satellites for your surrounds. If you want to customize your package just get ahold of their customer service and they'll give you a package discount. There has also been plenty of stock in their discount section to save you some. The inventory changes frequently and you can watch for what you want.
post #225 of 1195 Old 02-06-2015, 10:08 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTDIGITY View Post
The SB-1000 is a sealed 12" design while the PB1000 is a 10" ported design. For mainly HT & gaming you're probably better off with the ported design. The Prime Sats are the real deal for great sound in a compact speaker. I have a pair as L/R in a 5.1 sat setup so I can vouch for them. You get 45 days to test drive them and shipping is free both ways.
Thanks Hotdigity,

did you just get the satellites for the front L/R or do you have them for all 5 channels? What are you using for the rears and center?

Regarding the subwoofer, did you get the SB-1000? thats the one that comes with the 5.1 satellite package but the PB-1000 is the same price so i'm thinking if I can call them and just have them switch it out. Does room size matter? I was reading on the SVS website that ported is usually better for larger rooms, but what qualifies as a large room normally would be the question.
post #226 of 1195 Old 02-06-2015, 11:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1017 Post(s)
Liked: 27796
Quote:
Originally Posted by tezster View Post
What wall mount would work well with the Prime satellites? I don't want to flush-mount them, as my intended use would be as front height speakers, so I need to be able to angle them downwards about ~20 degrees.
I bought these mounts which are for a particular speaker model and made a wood interface piece that allowed me to mount my speakers. They're not cheap but in my photos you will see that the angle is adjusted with a round metal disk that screws up and down. One complaint I had read was that the clamping type mounts often ended up slipping over time. The disk is not likely to change position on its own but if one is paranoid they could put something on it to lock it in place, preferably something removable.

Image 0 is from Amazon. here's link to site http://www.amazon.com/Heavy-Duty-Spe...er+wall+mounts

1. The 2 blocks I made with the two screws that match the spacing on my speakers keyhole mount. You may be able to skip all the work I did if you can attach the steel mounting plate directly to your speaker. I did not want to do that and it would be difficult for me to connect the wires. Also I live in earthquake country and wanted to have access to install the two allen head screws to secure the plate to the wall mount.

2. Finished block. with mounting plate from the wall mount attached. You will see 2 holes that allow me to install the mounting screws that hold the plate to the wall mount. There are 2 tabs that slide into spaces on the wall mount.

3. Mount on the wall. Note the "silver" colored disk that will allow tilt adjustment. Specified adjustment range is up and down up to 20 degrees but I believe with a bit of jiggling I got more than that, closer to 30 degrees but I can't guarantee everyone would get as much....

4 My adapter assembly attached to the wall mount.

5. Then I installed the 2 allen screws using my 2 access holes to secure the mounting assembly to the wall mount.

6. My height speakers are in the upper edge of this photo. Can't tell it but the speakers are angled down to my MLP and angled in as there is a pivot adjustment also. "Pivots right and left up to 120 degrees"

As a final note, the plastic pieces that give the finished look in photo 0 can be a bit challenging to install but with patience I had no problem. IIRC, I had to put the large plastic piece that goes against the wall on before installing my wood mounting piece. the two smaller side pieces are installed at the end, that's where the patience comes in. I think there were some complaints about that, you can check the reviews. If you're a bigger hammer type person that could lead to some broken plastic...

Well, that's the mini-chronicle of my wall mounts, FWIW

Looking forward to updating my 20+ year old speakers some time this year
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	530129   Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	179
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	530137   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.JPG
Views:	172
Size:	241.2 KB
ID:	530161   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.JPG
Views:	200
Size:	183.2 KB
ID:	530177   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.JPG
Views:	198
Size:	168.3 KB
ID:	530225  

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	530241   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.JPG
Views:	341
Size:	152.2 KB
ID:	530249  
post #227 of 1195 Old 02-06-2015, 01:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alia55 View Post
Thanks Hotdigity,

did you just get the satellites for the front L/R or do you have them for all 5 channels? What are you using for the rears and center?

Regarding the subwoofer, did you get the SB-1000? thats the one that comes with the 5.1 satellite package but the PB-1000 is the same price so i'm thinking if I can call them and just have them switch it out. Does room size matter? I was reading on the SVS website that ported is usually better for larger rooms, but what qualifies as a large room normally would be the question.

Yes, just the front L/R for now. I replaced the L/R sats from a Klipsch HD-300 5.1 package I bought in 2010. I have been planning to upgrade that for a while. I wanted to lower the crossover of the main sats below 100Hz and the Prime sats allowed me to do that. The rest of the system(Center & surrounds) are still the Klipsch sats. I will eventually replace those with the Primes as well. I just replaced the little 6 1/2" Klipsch sub from the HD-300 setup with a DIY sub I put together using a 10" Dayton woofer and their 250 watt plate amp, along with a port tube kit & misc hardware from Parts Express & Home Depot. I was looking to save some cash on the sub and always wanted to try building one. It turned out great! Excluding the tools I had to purchase to build it there's about $350 - $375 tied up in it. As I add the remaining Prime Sats I will box up the Klipsch set in its original box and sell it. My room is too much for the Klipsch set but it was a quick and cheap route when I first moved in to the house.
post #228 of 1195 Old 02-06-2015, 02:04 PM
Advanced Member

Some pics of the sub. Last one shows it in final position, lower right next to fireplace.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0587.JPG
Views:	210
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	530497   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0588.JPG
Views:	214
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	530505   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0602.JPG
Views:	227
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	530513   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0605.JPG
Views:	212
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	530521   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0607.JPG
Views:	309
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	530529  

post #229 of 1195 Old 03-05-2015, 03:33 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Wondering if these would be a step up from my current setup. I've been using the Polk TSi 200 fronts and a CS20 center with the TSi 100 for the rears for a few years now. Looking at upgrading to the SVS prime since I purchased the PB-2000 this past summer and love it. Not too good on determining what makes a speaker better, other than price. My receiver is a Denon 991 also. Thanks for the help!
post #230 of 1195 Old 03-05-2015, 04:52 PM

A quick chat with SVS support could give you all the technical details you'd ever care to know. But from a hands on standpoint I can offer you my experience. I was using the Polk T90e towers for fronts and upgraded to the Prime Towers and it was night and day difference. I don't think the T90e's were a bad speaker by any means, but they just don't hold a candle to how the Prime towers sound and feel. It's like going from the minors to the majors, baseball speaking. I actually have the same surround speakers as you and they have been really good for surrounds. As of yet, I have not replaced them, they seem to blend well with the Prime's I'm running. I have been watching the SVS outlet center, though, to see if some Prime bookshelves ever become available because I think I might upgrade to those in the future. I also had a Polk center and then upgraded to the Prime center. Again, great overall improvement. I will say that almost as exciting as it was to upgrade speakers, I also added an Emotiva xpa-5 amp to run my LCR, and 2 atmos speakers. Adding the amp was a HUGE improvement over letting my avr handle everything. I think for the Prime's to really shine, they should be paired with a good amp. Anyway, hopefully that helps a little.
JibJab24 likes this.

post #231 of 1195 Old 03-16-2015, 05:23 AM

Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Hi,
I Used to have Mirage OS3 speakers before. I am looking to upgrade them to SVS Prime Series.

I plan to get Prime Floor Standing speakers and center channel. But for rear is Bookshelf speakers are an over kill when compared to prime satellites.

Just curious what speakers for rear have you all chose with svs prime.

My Setup:
Display : LG OLED65E6P
A/V Receiver : Marantz SR6011
Console: XONE, PS4 Pro
Speakers : SVS Ultra Towers 5.1 & PB2000-NSD Sub
post #232 of 1195 Old 03-16-2015, 12:49 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Save your mirage speakers for rear surrounds. They are awesome with the Omni sound dispersion. I have the older v-2 sats with the svs prime sats in front. They match up very well sonically...
post #233 of 1195 Old 03-16-2015, 09:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 348 Post(s)
Liked: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark hunter View Post
Hi,
I Used to have Mirage OS3 speakers before. I am looking to upgrade them to SVS Prime Series.

I plan to get Prime Floor Standing speakers and center channel. But for rear is Bookshelf speakers are an over kill when compared to prime satellites.

Just curious what speakers for rear have you all chose with svs prime.
no such thing as overkill in this game....only the "i wonder what it would sound like if...."
do yourself a favor....get the bookshelves and call it a day. sell the mirage and go all matching.
post #234 of 1195 Old 03-17-2015, 11:39 PM

I've been impatiently waiting for some prime bookshelves to show up in the outlet section for this very reason...
post #235 of 1195 Old 03-18-2015, 11:18 AM

Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by digler84 View Post
no such thing as overkill in this game....only the "i wonder what it would sound like if...."

do yourself a favor....get the bookshelves and call it a day. sell the mirage and go all matching.

Took the bullet,
Sold the Mirage as a complete set. CL buyer liked the SVS PB12 NSD sub that I had. And so had to sell that too.

Placed an order for Prime Towers, Prime Center and Prime bookshelf speakers plus PB2000 Sub

Getting them today. Really excited.

How better are Ultra Series when compared to Prime. Will Ultra towers require a sub?
Gurba likes this.

My Setup:
Display : LG OLED65E6P
A/V Receiver : Marantz SR6011
Console: XONE, PS4 Pro
Speakers : SVS Ultra Towers 5.1 & PB2000-NSD Sub
post #236 of 1195 Old 03-18-2015, 06:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 348 Post(s)
Liked: 582
Congrats. you certainly just saved yourself a lot of headache and regret for sure. the "what if" would have got you in the end regardless. that's pretty awesome that you were able to sell everything all at once....that certainly made it a no brainer.
post #237 of 1195 Old 03-19-2015, 12:12 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
It might be a few years before I do an upgrade from my SBS/SCS satelite system, mainly because the PC13 sub makes them sound better. I was just wondering how the Prime Centre might work as L & R speakers? It could be interresting having the complete frontstage exist of Prime Centres and having the Prime satelites only as Surrounds/Atmos.

Display: Epson EH-TW7300 | Player: PS4 Pro | Media Centre: Raspberry Pi 3 | Receiver: Denon AVR-X2500H | Fronts / surrounds: SVS SBS-01 | Centre: SVS SCS-01 | Sub: SVS PC13 Ultra
post #238 of 1195 Old 03-19-2015, 03:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Took the bullet,
Sold the Mirage as a complete set. CL buyer liked the SVS PB12 NSD sub that I had. And so had to sell that too.

Placed an order for Prime Towers, Prime Center and Prime bookshelf speakers plus PB2000 Sub

How better are Ultra Series when compared to Prime. Will Ultra towers require a sub?
i don't in 2ch mode....

Habit Forming....Wallet Burning Hobby....55" Oled Lg C7 55" Samsung B8500 Fald Channel Master Dvr+ Onkyo RZ900 avr Crown xls 2002 2ch amp Samsung K8500 UBR player Svs Ultra Towers/Center, Svs Satellite Surrounds Svs Pb-13 Ultra Sub Bluesound Node 2I 2nd zone room: polk lsim 703's
post #239 of 1195 Old 03-19-2015, 03:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1163 Post(s)
Liked: 276
Quote:
Took the bullet,

Post some pics if you can and give us your impressions
kyle454 likes this.
post #240 of 1195 Old 03-23-2015, 12:28 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Has anyone been able to directly compare the Prime bookshelves to Ascend Sierra 1's?

Edited this to just the Sierra 1 as it's my front runner right now.

Sony XBR-65X900E, Xbox One X, Denon 3400
5.2.2 Dual v3601, PSA 210T L/R, PSA210C, DIYSG Volt10 Surround, BA SoundWare Atmos

Last edited by auceny; 03-24-2015 at 01:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page