Help me place my surround and rear speakers - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 10-11-2014, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Help me place my surround and rear speakers

I could put the surrounds on stands but it will be close to the two ends chairs(wont be used much as only the 4 middle seats get used regularly) and the right stand will also be in the middle of the floor. Was also thinking of sticking one above the air hockey table and other on the wall above the arcade machine but would think that is to far back. Only place i could see to put rears would be on the beam that runs above the arcade machines but dont know if that would be to close to the surrounds if i put them on the walls instead of stands.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	speakers.jpg
Views:	568
Size:	195.7 KB
ID:	306162   Click image for larger version

Name:	speakers2.png
Views:	432
Size:	752.1 KB
ID:	306170   Click image for larger version

Name:	speakers3.png
Views:	273
Size:	924.3 KB
ID:	306178   Click image for larger version

Name:	speaker4.png
Views:	278
Size:	953.0 KB
ID:	306186  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-15-2014, 05:48 PM - Thread Starter

are in ceiling speakers terrible for surround speakers? are any recommendations on smaller speakers to hang from the ceiling that will sound good for surround speakers?
post #3 of 6 Old 10-15-2014, 06:15 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1343 Post(s)
Liked: 1503
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioratrodder View Post
are in ceiling speakers terrible for surround speakers? are any recommendations on smaller speakers to hang from the ceiling that will sound good for surround speakers?
No they are not at all. In fact depending on your room layout they may be the better and only choice. What is your budget?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 10-15-2014, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

budget guess around a grand. not an audiophile(have decent hearing lose) but would like it sound decent to anyone else who listens. reviews gave the andrew jones good reviews and i got them for a great price. but read that speakers should be 3 ft above ear level and my ceiling is already finished. running wire wont be a huge problem but adding bracing to hold 10lbs speakers maybe.
post #5 of 6 Old 10-15-2014, 09:10 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1343 Post(s)
Liked: 1503
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioratrodder View Post
budget guess around a grand. not an audiophile(have decent hearing lose) but would like it sound decent to anyone else who listens. reviews gave the andrew jones good reviews and i got them for a great price. but read that speakers should be 3 ft above ear level and my ceiling is already finished. running wire wont be a huge problem but adding bracing to hold 10lbs speakers maybe.
So are you saying you don't want to put in in-ceiling speakers and are planning on-ceiling with mounting brackets?

I would not spend $1K for the surrounds if you have hearing loss. Honestly, something like this would be fine:
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_760CW60...0R.html?tp=193

That is a great price on those speakers and Crutchfield support is top notch. You don't need bracing for these the drywall and dog legs will hold them fine.
post #6 of 6 Old 10-16-2014, 09:24 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ack_bk View Post
So are you saying you don't want to put in in-ceiling speakers and are planning on-ceiling with mounting brackets?

I would not spend $1K for the surrounds if you have hearing loss. Honestly, something like this would be fine:
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_760CW60...0R.html?tp=193

That is a great price on those speakers and Crutchfield support is top notch. You don't need bracing for these the drywall and dog legs will hold them fine.
I am not against in ceiling speakers but read they are not near as good as mounted speakers. I just want the best surround for my family as guest as i can in my limiting room.

From what i read i thought surrounds should be 3 ft above ear level. I don't think i can hang the andrew jones bookshelf speakers comfortably, not against stands either but figured having them almost right next to the end listens heads wouldnt be idea for them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page