Two center channels for computer setup? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-01-2014, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Two center channels for computer setup?

I've seen this asked, but not for the reason I have, so I wanted to ask for my situation. I have a 3 monitor setup limiting me on space in front of me. I currently run an older Denon Stereo receiver with two Jamo small bookshelf speakers that are recessed a little under the monitors(were rear surrounds in a low end setup I used to have), and a low end yamaha 8" sub. It's mostly for music, as I game on headphones. The Jamo's sounded better than my Klipsch Pro media speakers running on the denon(which I didn't expect as the Jamo set was cheap), so I have been using those. I'm looking for something else as I'm having to put them on their side which I read is a no-no. I also wanted to upgrade the speakers.

So how would a pair of center channel speakers do for stereo listening to avoid the issue of messing up the sound? I was looking at the Polk TL2 or TL3 series since the tweeter already kinda faces up. I only have about 7 inches of clearance, so I don't have room to angle anything of quality up towards my head.

I had also considered trying to mount something above the monitors and angle them down, but that is a lot of tilt.

Suggestions?

Last edited by zoenphlux; 11-01-2014 at 03:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-01-2014, 03:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Not a good idea, and not really better than the speakers you have being on their sides. You want the tweeters at ear level or pointed toward your ears. And there will be lots of reflections off the desktop, muddying the sound, with that setup.

Any room to the right and left of the monitors?

Last edited by buzzy_; 11-01-2014 at 04:13 PM.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-03-2014, 06:23 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Sadly no. Here is my setup. I have two monitors coming tomorrow to match the middle tv

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 11-03-2014, 06:51 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Quoted: 1355 Post(s)
Liked: 1605
I would get some speaker mounts and mount the speakers on the wall above the TV, aimed down at your ears. Look for mounts that extend the speakers out away from the wall so the front of the speakers are even with, or slightly forward of the TV. Something like this: http://www.pinpointmounts.com/

Mount it on the wall instead of the ceiling.

Craig

Lombardi said it:
"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."

My System
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page