Dolby Atmos Demo disc up for download - Page 4 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 42Likes

post #91 of 139 Old 02-19-2016, 07:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 752 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Did you select BDMV/AVCHD ?
Spoiler!

Edit: Not sure if that would work either for this.

You should use Image Burn. It will set the correct mode. Select Write files/folders to disc. Drag those 2 folders in the IB window. Hit calculate. Then hit build. Then you can burn it.

Last edited by doctorwizz; 02-19-2016 at 07:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 139 Old 02-19-2016, 07:44 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorwizz View Post
Did you select BDMV/AVCHD ?
Spoiler!

Edit: Not sure if that would work either for this.

You should use Image Burn. It will set the correct mode. Select Write files/folders to disc. Drag those 2 folders in the IB window. Hit calculate. Then hit build. Then you can burn it.

Yes, for the BurnAware I use BDMV/AVCHD... but no go... it only show as data disc in my PS3... then go into the MT2S file, it will play the file, but no audio. Its not playing as a movie bd disc.

Tried the ImgBurn.... Write Files Folders to Disc... but theres no box to drag any folder in... you can only browse..... if browse then it won't allow to select or show any files...

This is ridiculous... ! Damn DolbyAtmos for not making this stupid demo disc available... I think I am going to rip my ceiling speaker out and put Atmos to it grave where it belong
post #93 of 139 Old 02-19-2016, 07:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyaz View Post
Yes, for the BurnAware I use BDMV/AVCHD... but no go... it only show as data disc in my PS3... then go into the MT2S file, it will play the file, but no audio. Its not playing as a movie bd disc.

Tried the ImgBurn.... Write Files Folders to Disc... but theres no box to drag any folder in... you can only browse..... if browse then it won't allow to select or show any files...

This is ridiculous... ! Damn DolbyAtmos for not making this stupid demo disc available... I think I am going to rip my ceiling speaker out and put Atmos to it grave where it belong
You only need to browse to the folder. I just drag them in and hit calculate.
You could also create ISO from files with IB. Then burn it with IB.

Spoiler!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 139 Old 02-19-2016, 08:06 PM

Quote:
You only need to browse to the folder. I just drag them in and hit calculate.
You could also create ISO from files with IB. Then burn it with IB.

Spoiler!
Is there a chance that the PS3 just won't play burn bluray? Finished burned a disc like you show above... successfully, but then putting in PS3, it spin up, then make a loud snap sound, then stop... nothing show up under PS3 video list, no disc, no data disc, nothing.

post #95 of 139 Old 02-19-2016, 08:12 PM

Ok.... so after screwing up 7 BD disc... it finally work... PS3 is playing the disc like a normal BD with Atmos enable.... Finally... and the Amaze clip is AMAZING...

Thanks for the help guys. Now I am feeling like I should make a bunch and give it to those who's having a hard time like me trying to get it to work... haha. Is it illegal?
post #96 of 139 Old 02-19-2016, 08:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Ok.... so after screwing up 7 BD disc... it finally work... PS3 is playing the disc like a normal BD with Atmos enable.... Finally... and the Amaze clip is AMAZING...

Thanks for the help guys. Now I am feeling like I should make a bunch and give it to those who's having a hard time like me trying to get it to work... haha. Is it illegal?
Ok good. What were you doing wrong?
post #97 of 139 Old 02-19-2016, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Ok good. What were you doing wrong?
Not sure..... using ImgBurn, I think first few try, I selected the actual MT2S file and it didn't like that method. Then selecting the wrong burning type (need to select Write Files to Disc (not Write Image).
post #98 of 139 Old 02-20-2016, 08:00 AM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:

I agree. I began looking at getting a Blu-ray burner and what would be required to download the torrent files, but I am very intimidated by the whole process and feel that for the amount of time, money and effort involved, I would be better off just buying a disc off eBay and calling it a day.

I think Dolby, DTS, the AVR & speaker manufactures are missing out on a great marketing tool by not offering a commercially available demo disc. I'm sure that a lot of it has to do with copyrights and royalties that would have to be paid for the movie clips, and without a number of good movie clips, the discs would be pretty bare and maybe without them it may not be enough to get the average consumer to buy it. These greedy Hollywood types need to look at the big picture and let them offer a $9.99 retail disc that you can buy at any dealer or online direct.

Even on a traditional 5.1 non-Atmos system these demos are fun to listen to and could entice some potential buyers into the stores and on the path to upgrading their systems. If it was successful, it would help everyone in the industry sell more products and would be good for everyone involved.

Last edited by Brent A; 02-20-2016 at 08:12 AM.
post #99 of 139 Old 02-20-2016, 08:34 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 368 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Man this looks like a great option to the official Atmos demo disc from Dolby. Went on eBay to pick one up and they are going for a PREMIUM. I mean, does the disc make you coffee while it is playing too!? No way I'm paying $75 bucks for a demo disc.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
post #100 of 139 Old 02-20-2016, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cla55clown View Post
Man this looks like a great option to the official Atmos demo disc from Dolby. Went on eBay to pick one up and they are going for a PREMIUM. I mean, does the disc make you coffee while it is playing too!? No way I'm paying $75 bucks for a demo disc.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I got it working now, so if anyone of you guys need help pm me. I am willing to help other as I understand it took me weeks to research trying to find the answer.... Even try to email Dolby many time... and certainly they response but didn't help.

But here's a quick simply step.

1. Get that Torent link (haven't got any adware or virus yet.. )
2. Download the torrent software from Utorrent.com (seem to be safe software)
3. Downloaded the files.
4. Get yourself a Bluray writer (Ebay run about 50.00, blank disc 5.00) Or you can buy a LG BD writter at Frys Electronics for 89.00 (it's slim, compact and look nice)
5. Download ImgBurn
6. In ImgBurn, select the option "Write Files to Disc) , make sure you drag the two folders (BDVM, CERTIFICATE) and drop it in ImgBurn.
7. Select the BD drive you're going to use, click on that Calculator on the right... then just burn.
8. Now you can finally try out your Atmos demo disc.

If you're still unsure how to use ImgBurn, here's the guide on how to burn BD disc.
http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?/...using-imgburn/

So for about 60.00, you can get your own DolbyAtmos disc.... but at least you get the BD writer drive and a few extra blank disc.

I have watch 2 movies in Atmos so far with my system (MadMax and Transformers 4) and I must say... wasn't really that impress, couldn't hardly notice any sound from above... I thought it was my setup issue. But after listening to the ACTUAL DolbyAtmos "Amaze" clip.... It's not my setup, it's just because that particular movie just doesn't have enough sound Object or mix as excessive like the demo disc.

Transformers4 was a bit better than Madmax because the part where the giant spaceship flew over HongKong. I will tweak my set up more to see if it can get better and update later.
shoeboo, n84china and coolpal like this.

Last edited by jimmyaz; 02-20-2016 at 09:27 AM.
post #101 of 139 Old 02-20-2016, 09:45 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
I got it working now, so if anyone of you guys need help pm me. I am willing to help other as I understand it took me weeks to research trying to find the answer.... Even try to email Dolby many time... and certainly they response but didn't help.

But here's a quick simply step.

1. Get that Torent link (haven't got any adware or virus yet.. )
2. Download the torrent software from Utorrent.com (seem to be safe software)
3. Downloaded the files.
4. Get yourself a Bluray writer (Ebay run about 50.00, blank disc 5.00) Or you can buy a LG BD writter at Frys Electronics for 89.00 (it's slim, compact and look nice)
5. Download ImgBurn
6. In ImgBurn, select the option "Write Files to Disc) , make sure you drag the two folders (BDVM, CERTIFICATE) and drop it in ImgBurn.
7. Select the BD drive you're going to use, click on that Calculator on the right... then just burn.
8. Now you can finally try out your Atmos demo disc.

If you're still unsure how to use ImgBurn, here's the guide on how to burn BD disc.
http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?/...using-imgburn/

So for about 60.00, you can get your own DolbyAtmos disc.... but at least you get the BD writer drive and a few extra blank disc.

I have watch 2 movies in Atmos so far with my system (MadMax and Transformers 4) and I must say... wasn't really that impress, couldn't hardly notice any sound from above... I thought it was my setup issue. But after listening to the ACTUAL DolbyAtmos "Amaze" clip.... It's not my setup, it's just because that particular movie just doesn't have enough sound Object or mix as excessive like the demo disc.

Transformers4 was a bit better than Madmax because the part where the giant spaceship flew over HongKong. I will tweak my set up more to see if it can get better and update later.
Totally agree with you. I wasn't that impressed with Mad Max atmos. I felt the overhead effects could have been more aggressive. Like in the scnene with the waterfall, the overhead effects were non existent.

The atmos demo in the other hand...very impressive.
post #102 of 139 Old 02-20-2016, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahjd2000 View Post
Totally agree with you. I wasn't that impressed with Mad Max atmos. I felt the overhead effects could have been more aggressive. Like in the scnene with the waterfall, the overhead effects were non existent.

The Atmos demo in the other hand...very impressive.
Yes, I played that water fall scene over and over again, because I also too though that should be the most impressive scene for the movie for Atmos mix.

Someone at Dolby told me that in actual movie, they are not going to do excessive mix like in the Demo, they are afraid that it might drive the listener crazy. But I think there should be a option in the AVR, to adjust HOW sensitive do you want the audio object sound to be.

I actually disconnect all my other speakers and only leaving the top Atmos speaker... just to make sure it isn't my placement or deaf ears. But with the Amaze demo, when that Thunder hit, I almost jump out of my seat.
post #103 of 139 Old 02-20-2016, 02:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quoted: 1523 Post(s)
Liked: 1580
I decided burning was a pita and fit the cost of a burner and media you can go on eBay and find a laptop that has HDMI with a broken screen. You can hook up an external display (your reciever/TV), install Plex home theater, a remote app or IR blaster (still working on this part myself) and you can play the movies without having to make a disc ISO.
post #104 of 139 Old 02-20-2016, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corradizo View Post
I decided burning was a pita and fit the cost of a burner and media you can go on eBay and find a laptop that has HDMI with a broken screen. You can hook up an external display (your reciever/TV), install Plex home theater, a remote app or IR blaster (still working on this part myself) and you can play the movies without having to make a disc ISO.
You can buy a laptop with HDMI output for 60.00? one with fast enough processor and graphic card to display 1080? I know even my 1000.00 laptop suck badly when it come to play high def video....

IMO.... PS3 is a hard to beat player, I was surprise to found out that it could play 3D bluray as well and I had this thing for a long time around 7 years I believe. It was 400.00 when I bought it bundle with 3 BD movies and wireless remote... till this day it will do anything I throw at it. Hard to beat. Only issue is recently it wont play any Atmos audio when playing MT2S. But that's fixed now, play fine with a the burnt BD.
post #105 of 139 Old 02-20-2016, 09:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quoted: 1523 Post(s)
Liked: 1580
http://m.ebay.com/itm/Toshiba-Laptop...860?nav=SEARCH

About 80 bucks. Looks like this one just needs a charger. It has Windows 8.1 so you'd get Windows 10 upgrade free too.
post #106 of 139 Old 02-24-2016, 07:10 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 448 Post(s)
Liked: 281
Can anyone help me do this on a mac? Imgburn is windows only and I have googled alternatives for mac with no luck. I already downloaded the torrent and just not sure where to go from here

Sony XBR-65X930E (w/luminoodle)/Sony UBP-X700/Apple TV 4K/PS4 Pro/Xbox One X
Denon AVR-X6200W(Surround/Height)/Emotiva XPA-3(L/C/R)/AC Infinity Aircom T8 x2
DefTech SM 65 x3(L/C/R)/DefTech PM 1000 x4(Surround)/DefTech DI5.5R x4(Atmos/DTS X)
SVS PC-2000 x2(Subs)/Panamax M4300-PM(Main) & MD2(Subs)/Logitech Harmony Elite
post #107 of 139 Old 03-05-2016, 01:40 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
So I have downloaded the torrent files.

Dolby Atmos Demonstration Disc 2014 1080p Blu-ray AVC TrueHD 7.1 Atmos

There's two folder in there, BDMV and CERTIFICATE

Then I went out and bought a 100.00 bluray burner and try to burn it using BurnAware, but my PS3 slim will only read the disc as DATA disc... it wont recognize it as bluray. HELP!!!!!

What do I choose when I burn the disc to make it burn it as a movie bluray?
Burn it as a blu-ray movie. Sounds like your burning it as a data disc. Also, you might want to try a different burning software.
post #108 of 139 Old 03-16-2016, 05:28 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 10
what blueray player would you guys recommend if I want to add one to a ATMOS setup?
post #109 of 139 Old 03-16-2016, 06:27 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4446 Post(s)
Liked: 2503
Quote:
Originally Posted by steph280 View Post
what blueray player would you guys recommend if I want to add one to an ATMOS setup?
Well, the $65,000 question is: do you want a 1080p Blu-ray player or a UHD (2160p) Blu-ray player that can also play regular Blu-ray's?

Listen up, studios! Dolby Atmos Lite™ print-outs must stop!!
post #110 of 139 Old 03-16-2016, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman View Post
Well, the $65,000 question is: do you want a 1080p Blu-ray player or a UHD (2160p) Blu-ray player that can also play regular Blu-ray's?
I was about to buy the Samsung UBD-K8500 until I read it's not much better PQ unless if I have a HDR TV (I have a standard Panny 4K). So unless if there are some advantages which I haven't read about, probably a standard Blueray player?
post #111 of 139 Old 03-16-2016, 09:00 PM

Quote:
I was about to buy the Samsung UBD-K8500 until I read it's not much better PQ unless if I have a HDR TV (I have a standard Panny 4K). So unless if there are some advantages which I haven't read about, probably a standard Blueray player?
I would consider looking at the upcoming Panasonic UHD player if you have a 4k TV as it has more video adjustments for your situation than the Sammy (I'm thinking about the Panny myself). It looks to be the better player overall so far. Then you're in a position to get both Blu-ray and UHD Blu-ray titles and start future proofing on the select titles that the studios deem "appropriate" to showcase the advantages of UHD. A lot of titles will still be stuck at 1080p just as a lot of DVD titles didn't move with the times to regular Blu-ray, and the Panny should have good upscaling as well as good chroma upscaling for both formats to make them look the best.

Now, if you want to save up and switch over to a Dolby Vision UHD display and DV capable UHD Blu-ray player later this year or next year, then just go with a cheap, sub-$100 Sony Blu-ray player, but still get UHD disc titles for those titles you wish to collect as they come with a regular Blu-ray included in the bundle... and you'll be future proofing as some Atmos and DTS: X titles are going to be exclusive to UHD Blu-ray.
steph280 likes this.

Last edited by Dan Hitchman; 03-16-2016 at 09:05 PM.
post #112 of 139 Old 03-16-2016, 09:10 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 345 Post(s)
Liked: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman View Post
I would consider looking at the upcoming Panasonic UHD player if you have a 4k TV as it has more video adjustments for your situation than the Sammy (I'm thinking about the Panny myself). It looks to be the better player overall so far. Then you're in a position to get both Blu-ray and UHD Blu-ray titles and start future proofing on the select titles that the studios deem "appropriate" to showcase the advantages of UHD. A lot of titles will still be stuck at 1080p just as a lot of DVD titles didn't move with the times to regular Blu-ray, and the Panny should have good upscaling as well as good chroma upscaling for both formats to make them look the best.

Now, if you want to save up and switch over to a Dolby Vision UHD display and DV capable UHD Blu-ray player later this year or next year, then just go with a cheap, sub-$100 Sony Blu-ray player, but still get UHD disc titles for those titles you wish to collect as they come with a regular Blu-ray included in the bundle... and you'll be future proofing as some Atmos and DTS: X titles are going to be exclusive to UHD Blu-ray.
Mostly Dan I agree with what you wrote but the Panasonic UHD player is around $800 so it depends on if he has that much money set aside for a player. I find the Samsung at $399 mostly fine for my theater, but unless you have a flat panel then you may need the help of an HDFury Integral ~$200. If you have to add in that cost it comes a lot closer to the Panasonic.

JVC RS500, Denon 7200WA, 7.2.4 Atmos/DTSX dedicated Theater. 133" Dalite 1.3 screen. M&K S150 + K7 ear level, 4 Tannoy DC overheads.
post #113 of 139 Old 03-17-2016, 07:50 AM

I read the limited info about Panny player and it does look good. Price was not mentioned in any articles but if it really is in the neighborhood of $800, it better have some killer features over the Sammy player, which doesn't look to be the case based on the spec.

Like the OP of this thread, I am in search of some demo clips to test the ATMOS setup I just built. I downloaded a few clips from the link posted earlier and none of my media players would play them properly. I don't want to mess with burning Bluerays as I've been discless for years (everything is streamed on LAN). But this ATMOS got me stumped and it looks like I have to get back to having a physical player and just buy the demo disc.
post #114 of 139 Old 03-17-2016, 08:25 AM

Quote:
I read the limited info about Panny player and it does look good. Price was not mentioned in any articles but if it really is in the neighborhood of $800, it better have some killer features over the Sammy player, which doesn't look to be the case based on the spec.

Like the OP of this thread, I am in search of some demo clips to test the ATMOS setup I just built. I downloaded a few clips from the link posted earlier and none of my media players would play them properly. I don't want to mess with burning Bluerays as I've been discless for years (everything is streamed on LAN). But this ATMOS got me stumped and it looks like I have to get back to having a physical player and just buy the demo disc.
Once Secrets and a few other reputable sites test bench the crap out of the Panny we shall see if it's worth the extra dough. Heck, to me even that bitrate meter looks tempting.

post #115 of 139 Old 04-22-2016, 08:41 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by aKa DaShiznit View Post
Can anyone help me do this on a mac? Imgburn is windows only and I have googled alternatives for mac with no luck. I already downloaded the torrent and just not sure where to go from here
I have a mac too and could also use some help here.
post #116 of 139 Old 05-03-2016, 12:21 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Demo Disc

Hi, Thanks for the great thread. I found all the remaining demo disc but since my thread count is too low it wont allow me to post links:

Dolby Atmos Demo Disc - Aug 2014 (Blu-Ray, AVC, 1080p, TrueHD 7.1 Atmos).torrent
torrage.info/torrent.php?h=22072F01CDB971135A47648550F444B998D8 07F0

Dolby Atmos Demo Disc - Jan 2015 (Blu-Ray, AVC, 1080p, TrueHD 7.1 Atmos).torrent
torrage.info/torrent.php?h=C1A459526DABE66966F612649E42C868FE3A 3E88

Dolby Atmos Demo Disc - Sep 2015 (Blu-Ray, AVC, 1080p, TrueHD 7.1 Atmos).torrent
torrage.info/torrent.php?h=D3A4B0D69527127B6C447E6A7D5BB43A9670 DE8F
post #117 of 139 Old 05-03-2016, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by traxinv View Post
Hi, Thanks for the great thread. I found all the remaining demo disc but since my thread count is too low it wont allow me to post links:

Dolby Atmos Demo Disc - Aug 2014 (Blu-Ray, AVC, 1080p, TrueHD 7.1 Atmos).torrent
torrage.info/torrent.php?h=22072F01CDB971135A47648550F444B998D8 07F0

Dolby Atmos Demo Disc - Jan 2015 (Blu-Ray, AVC, 1080p, TrueHD 7.1 Atmos).torrent
torrage.info/torrent.php?h=C1A459526DABE66966F612649E42C868FE3A 3E88

Dolby Atmos Demo Disc - Sep 2015 (Blu-Ray, AVC, 1080p, TrueHD 7.1 Atmos).torrent
torrage.info/torrent.php?h=D3A4B0D69527127B6C447E6A7D5BB43A9670 DE8F
Just remove the spaces and add HTTP to the front
Pyronaut likes this.
post #118 of 139 Old 05-07-2016, 08:02 AM

DTS Demo Disc Vol 20 2016 (Blu-Ray, AVC, 1080p, DTS-HD MA 7.1, DTS X)

Quote:
torrage.info/torrent.php?h=07C1DAE76D47EF97FE5C5F1154749756764B 02F1
coolpal likes this.
post #119 of 139 Old 05-07-2016, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by traxinv View Post
DTS Demo Disc Vol 20 2016 (Blu-Ray, AVC, 1080p, DTS-HD MA 7.1, DTS X)
same as the first one: ADD HTTP to the front, remove any spaces
post #120 of 139 Old 10-17-2016, 11:11 AM

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Just bought one of the Sept 15 discs off ebay for $19....it's from China so i'm assuming it's a burned copy...i just hope it works. Wanna hear some of these trailers like Amaze but don't wanna go through the hassle of downloading/burning it (don't have a burner)....hopefully i didn't just buy a blank disc. Unfortunately the shipping is like like 4 weeks but i didn't want to shell out $100 for one shipping from the US.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page