AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   Speakers (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-speakers/)
-   -   Official Raidho/Scansonic Thread: (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-speakers/1799065-official-raidho-scansonic-thread.html)

Garman 12-09-2014 03:56 PM

Official Raidho/Scansonic Thread:

304 Attachment(s)
Just thought I would opening a new thread up to some speakers I have had a chance to demo and now own. My first love is Dynaudio, but boy these come a close second very dynamic and clear... Currently the owner of the Scansonic MB-1.

http://www.raidho.dk/

http://www.scansonic.dk/hdproducts/mb-series.4032/

https://www.facebook.com/RaidhoAcoustics

Garman 12-10-2014 10:05 PM

304 Attachment(s)
Anyone own these?

datranz 12-11-2014 08:38 AM

They are uber expensive and not too many dealers, chances are no one here heard them. They sure use very nice drivers and the price reflect that, but they still too pricey for the average consumer.

Garman 12-11-2014 12:56 PM

304 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by datranz (Post 29819282)
They are uber expensive and not too many dealers, chances are no one here heard them. They sure use very nice drivers and the price reflect that, but they still too pricey for the average consumer.

Datranz: The Raidho are expensive, but they are discounted to a point where they are not so bad, on par with some other manufactures, and the Scansonics are pretty decent when it comes to price... The MB-1 run around $2500 but can be had for much less, I own a pair for a second system and they produce some great sound for their size and price point.

I know a few forum members on here that have the higher end Raidho's and I have heard the D2s which where very good.

Garman 12-16-2014 09:25 PM

304 Attachment(s)
MB-1 Center Channel in February from what I heard..... ;)

OctaDyn_Dude 12-17-2014 03:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Garman (Post 29829042)
Datranz: The Raidho are expensive, but they are discounted to a point where they are not so bad, on par with some other manufactures, and the Scansonics are pretty decent when it comes to price... The MB-1 run around $2500 but can be had for much less, I own a pair for a second system and they produce some great sound for their size and price point.

I know a few forum members on here that have the higher end Raidho's and I have heard the D2s which where very good.

At first I wondered why no pic's of the Diamond series. The C(X).1 is still a current production speaker per Lars. But it's easier to see the drivers without the diamond coating.

I'm going to Tyler's on Sunday to hear the Scansonic lineup. I should ask him if he has your original C2's to put up against the MB 3.5 :D:D

GTaudiophile 12-17-2014 05:42 AM

Would appreciate Scansonic vs. Dyn comparisons. Raidho out of the question for me.

OctaDyn_Dude 12-17-2014 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTaudiophile (Post 29993994)
Would appreciate Scansonic vs. Dyn comparisons. Raidho out of the question for me.

Good possibility on Sunday ;)

Garman 12-17-2014 11:23 AM

304 Attachment(s)
George: I didn't think Tyler was going to unbox them, good if he does as they were a wonderful speaker to have all these years, now I am on reboot. The Scansonics are nice and remind me more of Dali sound than Dynaudio. I won't be able to make it on Sunday as I Coach for my son Ski racing team.

OctaDyn_Dude 12-17-2014 04:41 PM

Hey Gar Tyler said he would if we help. He just got the X1's back today too (out on demo). Also doesn't have the Contour 1.4 LE's? Should be an interesting day. Can't wait ;)

GTaudiophile 12-18-2014 07:16 PM

Any updates?

Garman 12-21-2014 09:52 PM

304 Attachment(s)
GT: You will have to ask George, I couldn't make it to Tylers tonight as I had Ski Team practice with my son. I heard they had Dynaudio and Raidho room setup....

OctaDyn_Dude 12-22-2014 04:09 AM

First I didn't stay all that late to demo all those speakers. Also all the speakers only had 25 hrs on them. The Scansonic speakers are very good especially for the money. The MB-1 MB-2.5 and MB-3.5 are very open sounding speakers. The bass on the 3.5's went deeper than the Dyn Contour 3.4 LE's (That was the only Dyn we played with) but had a thumpy low end. The Scansonic's had a more open and transparent sound. Tonality or voicing was very different. I preferred the Dyn up until the Raidho X1 went in. The X1 just doesn't have the lows. I was told about an hour after I left the MB-2.5's really opened up. So I'm sure they will all sound different once broken in.

Just got an e-mail announcing the X3.

The Raidho Acoustics X-3 is a 2.5 way Raidho loudspeaker.
It has 4 dedicated 4 inch ceramic mid-base drivers and one 8” side
mounted bass driver.
The central pair of two mid-bass units extends from the deepest bass
to the midrange crossover at 3KHz. The outer pair of the front mid,/ass
drivers gradually relives the inner pair starting at 2050Hz and extending
to the deepest, thus reducing dynamic doubler distortion and increasing
the speakers dynamic handling capability. A side mounted 8” bass driver
solidifies performance in the lowest frequencies.
Technical data:
Frequencyresponse: 30Hz-50KHz
Sensitivity: 88dB/1W
Impedance: >6 ohms
Crossover 3 kHz – and 150 Hz
Size : 40 x130 x 14,3 cm (D x H x W)
Weight: 40 kg

Retail 29.5K USD

Bluvette 12-22-2014 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OctaDyn_Dude (Post 30125250)
First I didn't stay all that late to demo all those speakers. Also all the speakers only had 25 hrs on them. The Scansonic speakers are very good especially for the money. The MB-1 MB-2.5 and MB-3.5 are very open sounding speakers. The bass on the 3.5's went deeper than the Dyn Contour 3.4 LE's (That was the only Dyn we played with) but had a thumpy low end. The Scansonic's had a more open and transparent sound. Tonality or voicing was very different. I preferred the Dyn up until the Raidho X1 went in. The X1 just doesn't have the lows. I was told about an hour after I left the MB-2.5's really opened up. So I'm sure they will all sound different once broken in.

Just got an e-mail announcing the X3.

The Raidho Acoustics X-3 is a 2.5 way Raidho loudspeaker.
It has 4 dedicated 4 inch ceramic mid-base drivers and one 8” side
mounted bass driver.
The central pair of two mid-bass units extends from the deepest bass
to the midrange crossover at 3KHz. The outer pair of the front mid,/ass
drivers gradually relives the inner pair starting at 2050Hz and extending
to the deepest, thus reducing dynamic doubler distortion and increasing
the speakers dynamic handling capability. A side mounted 8” bass driver
solidifies performance in the lowest frequencies.
Technical data:
Frequencyresponse: 30Hz-50KHz
Sensitivity: 88dB/1W
Impedance: >6 ohms
Crossover 3 kHz – and 150 Hz
Size : 40 x130 x 14,3 cm (D x H x W)
Weight: 40 kg

Retail 29.5K USD

I stayed a few hours later then George and listened for quite a while to the 2.5's, and wow very nice for the money. Clear, detailed, open, large sound field, nice tight bass. This is a a winner, the 3.5 because of the side woofers had more bass but maybe a bit boomy and I am sure would improve with more break in time. We moved 3.5's around and had the side woofer facing each other then moved them to face the walls, more bass this way and maybe caused the bass to be more boomy. The Raidho X1 rocked, more forward IMHO but what a sweet speaker. The Dyn 3.4LE also not broken in, much more laid back, smaller sound field, the cabinet was gorgeous in the Bubinga finish, also very nice.

Garman 12-24-2014 07:23 AM

304 Attachment(s)
Nice to hear about the new Scansonic, my MB-1s are still breaking in as our my C2s...... ;) Hopefully Tyler will have another one of these sessions in the future with some Raidho thrown into the mix!

Bluvette 12-24-2014 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garman (Post 30183754)
Nice to hear about the new Scansonic, my X1 are still breaking in as our my C2s...... ;) Hopefully Tyler will have another one of these sessions in the future with some Raidho thrown into the mix!

He did have a pair of D1's and D2's there, but we listened to the Dyn's and the Scansonics. I really want to hear the D3's!!

OctaDyn_Dude 12-24-2014 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluvette (Post 30184026)
He did have a pair of D1's and D2's there, but we listened to the Dyn's and the Scansonics. I really want to hear the D3's!!

John No you don't - they will ruin you for weeks :D:D Don't believe me - ask Rhett;)

Bluvette 12-24-2014 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OctaDyn_Dude (Post 30184506)
John No you don't - they will ruin you for weeks :D:D Don't believe me - ask Rhett;)

Oh I know that!! Rhett still has not stopped talking about them, but I still want to hear them. :eek:

OctaDyn_Dude 12-24-2014 08:17 AM

They ruined me for almost a whole month

Garman 12-24-2014 04:30 PM

304 Attachment(s)
I would love a pair of D3, but I need to put my kids through college! ;) Plus I am currently perfectly happy with my Dynaudio Platinum C2's and the Scansonics MB-1. :D

OctaDyn_Dude 12-24-2014 07:03 PM

Gar do you have the scansonic MB-1.5's or the Raidho X1's? Or both?

Garman 12-24-2014 07:37 PM

304 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by OctaDyn_Dude (Post 30198362)
Gar do you have the scansonic MB-1.5's or the Raidho X1's? Or both?

Correction, that be the Scansonic MB-1.... ;)

OctaDyn_Dude 12-31-2014 04:45 AM

Approaching 450hrs and the D2's are still getting better :D
Happy New Year to all

Garman 01-02-2015 11:28 PM

304 Attachment(s)
George: Need to start off the new year with some pictures of these!! ;)

OctaDyn_Dude 01-03-2015 05:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Garman (Post 30441594)
George: Need to start off the new year with some pictures of these!! ;)

Or These From Agon

Garman 01-04-2015 09:33 AM

304 Attachment(s)
George, yes those are the ones Tyler posted on Agon.

OctaDyn_Dude 01-07-2015 04:49 AM

Raidho D2 break in

I am just over 495 hrs and I will say as good as they sounded out of the box they sure have gotten better. Around 400 hrs the bass started getting deeper and tighter and is still improving. About 450 hrs the tweeter smoothed out (lost the ever so slight edginess) and the detail has improved.

That said after having the D1's for 2000+ hrs and getting the D2's with approx 50 hrs on them I will admit I was disappointed with the overall sound. But I kept telling myself to wait after hearing broken in D2's. Glad I'm somewhat patient. I do remember the D1's getting that great sound at 650hrs.

Garman 01-16-2015 07:41 PM

304 Attachment(s)
George: So have you heard the C2.1 by Raidho? Just curious on how they would compare to the Scansonic line as I have read good things about them, just incase I get the itch to update. I think it was the S2 I read about, not sure if those are older model...

Chucka 01-17-2015 11:25 AM

What is the U.S. pricing of Scansonic speakers? I have no idea if they are in our out of my budget at this point? Any dealers in the North East U.S. where these can be heard?

Garman 01-18-2015 11:03 AM

304 Attachment(s)
Chucka: Next Level Audio in Chicago has them, ask for Tyler. I have a pair of the MB-1 and they are very competitively priced.