AVS Forum banner

MartinLogan, Sonus Faber or Bowers and Wilkins?

7K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  blackjack616 
#1 ·
Iam looting at few different speakers but never had any experiences withthem. What would be my best investment? Thank you.
  • MartinLoganMotion 60XT
  • SonusFaber Venere 3.0
  • Bowersand Wilkins

#2 · (Edited)
Your best investment is with the speakers that sound best to you (not to me). You really need to go listen to them (bring your favorite CD with you). Magnolia AV Centers (in select Best Buys) carry all 3 brands. I prefer Sonus Faber (the Venere 3.0's are fantastic), but all that matters is which you prefer. Just yesterday I listened to higher end models of those brands (SF Olympica III, B&W 802 and 803, and ML Summit) and preferred the SF's. I also listened to SF Venere 2.5 (they didn't have the 3.0's out) and thought they were excellent as well.

#5 ·
Easier said than done. Most BestBuy around my area have Sonus Faber Venere 3.0 but no one has MartinLogan Motion 60XT.

Question should be are these speakers good investments in your opinion.

#3 ·
I agree. You need to go out and audition. Which B&W speakers were you interested in? You will need to look higher up the line to compare to the ML and SF options you listed.

#4 ·
I just had a chance to audition B&W Cm6 and they are amazing. The speakers were transparent, accurate, and airy. Soundstage was quite good too. The Venere are okay but come up short against the new B&W CM6, they too have good imaging but they're not as airy and transparent. I will be picking up a set of CM6 shis week to replace 685S2s which are also great speakers but the new B&W CM6 is just on another level. Especially in that price point. The Martin logans are pretty good too but if you plan on buying electrostatic speakers your going to need a lot of room and they'll cost a whole lot more than the CM6s. As mentioned above, let your ears decide. Good luck!!

#6 ·
Good investment? What does that mean for a speaker (they don't increase in value over time). Do you mean best bang for the buck? That's a personal choice. In this thread alone, I recommended SF and someone else recommended B&W, which is why you need to go listen yourself (easy since you say at least the SF Venere is in a BB near you). I just ordered the SF Olympica III's, but only did so after spending 2 hours listening to the 3 brands you mention.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.