Subwoofer is making reall low bass - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By afrogt

post #1 of 4 Old 02-20-2015, 05:11 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 509 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Subwoofer is making reall low bass

Seems like im running to all sorts of problems lately with my set up.

I bought a Klipsch RW-10D and the sound is very week and not powerfull even when i raise the Db on it or in the set up with the receiver . I will try to buy another cable but could the sub be broken. Some guy sold it to me on kijiji did i just loose 200 dollars

tried to adjust phase, etc all the nobs are ok crossover is at 80 tried it at 200 with speakers small all the time and still no sound , via ps4 with 5.1 checked and all...

O damn i am so stupid its cause i was on direct mode i think...

the time i retry it now and nope still sound very weak i remember my last sub was making the house shake when i was setting it up this is barely noticeable at full power...

Last edited by 123go; 02-20-2015 at 05:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-20-2015, 05:23 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 2049 Post(s)
Liked: 1376
You title says the sub is making real low bass which I thought subs were supposed to do.

So you mean the volume levels are too low? What receiver do you have? How is the sub connected to the receiver?
doublewing11 likes this.

Afro GT
post #3 of 4 Old 02-20-2015, 05:45 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 509 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post
You title says the sub is making real low bass which I thought subs were supposed to do.

So you mean the volume levels are too low? What receiver do you have? How is the sub connected to the receiver?
yea exactly the volume is very low i mean im putting it on 12 and more db everywhere and i barely here something. I just got a onkyo Sr-333 so it should be fine, funny thing is when i switch the AVR to cable or something else i here the music in the sub from the ps4 a little more than when i am actually in the ps4 game mode (on the AVR) im pretty sure its defect but when i plug the cable while the music is on it makes a huge boom sound so it means it can still work i guess. ill try to get another cable tomorrow maybe its that i suppose cause im using a 1 to 2 with a converger in the middle to split...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 02-20-2015, 06:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 2092 Post(s)
Liked: 2973
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123go View Post
yea exactly the volume is very low i mean im putting it on 12 and more db everywhere and i barely here something. I just got a onkyo Sr-333 so it should be fine, funny thing is when i switch the AVR to cable or something else i here the music in the sub from the ps4 a little more than when i am actually in the ps4 game mode (on the AVR) im pretty sure its defect but when i plug the cable while the music is on it makes a huge boom sound so it means it can still work i guess. ill try to get another cable tomorrow maybe its that i suppose cause im using a 1 to 2 with a converger in the middle to split...

Never dis-connect a sub cable while the power is on, a big no-no.
The splitter that go 2 to 1, should not be a problem at all.

Check all your setting from Onkyo SR-333 and the ones on the PS4.
If the sub go like a huge boom, then the sub amp an woofer are working, so it has to be within your setting.

Since I do not own or use any of your gear, I cannot really help you with those setting.
Get all the instructions manual out, and start reading.
Maybe other members familiar with those gear can help better.

At least it is a starting point.

Good Luck

Ray
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page