I'm summarizing, please see below and comment on this;
Example : Acoustimass 10 Series sound approach
1. Small Cube Design Speakers - they want to consider aesthetics by making speakers so small in order not to overwhelm it in the house living room, and it need to blend with the decors or the color of sound equipments. It is said by many that construction was made of cheap materials.
2. Bass Module (many said this is not Subwoofer) - they also consider the aesthetics, and this module is meant to hide on sides of furnitures or walls, so it meant not to be shown to our eyes. Bose have to design sound reproduction of bass notes to appear it coming from the small cubes.
3. Sound Dispersion - the idea was to fill the room with music virtually in any location. So it uses the surrounding walls to reflect most of the sounds rather than the direct to the listener. This approach seemed doesn't appeal to audio purists as they said it has no clear focus, though Bose claimed their stereo everywhere technology. Bose have admitted that the sound come out may not be as high end as expected by audio conscious individual as they have to consider the limitation of the human ear, by not overcompensating the frequencies in such a way that a listener can listen to music for an extended period of time without developing hearing fatigue. The reason maybe there are no tweeters in the cubes. The bass module (which many said is not a true subwoofer) is meant to hide out of sight and Bose was abled to achieved it by appearing the bass notes to come from the small cubes. The fact many also commended on this feat. But again many have said, Low frequencies is non-directional, that any subwoofer can do it. And further many said Bose bass module sound is muddy.
4. Price (consistently 999USD) - Many have said it is overpriced for a cheap material used and sound it produced, but there also many people said the price is just right (Amazon, Best Buy, Crutchfiled, Ebay, etc.) by thinking it was a good construction due to its outside appearance and they also satisfied with the "pleasing sound" as said.
5. Marketing issue - According to Bose they have to market their goods properly in order to get buyers as much as possible. Many people have said Bose are just good in this sense than product quality. Once, a Bose Store Manager told me "Brother, I know there are so many very very good systems out there very far performance than Bose, even with same or lower price, but we have no choice but to find ways to market our products to the people, and we have abled to achieved it."..... I said "Better sales through marketing?", "so you say" he told me. Due to many competitors on high end system nowadays opened already to the people that can beat Bose sound many times more both on internet and electronic stores, Bose sales has declined already since many years back. Again the bose manager said "but we still keep on selling especially our whooping bose pro division.". I cannot argue on business.
6. Bose Strategy - Bose had made a research not only on sound reproduction but also that of the consumers as well. They capitalize this, on what most people really need about sound listening. And most of the people around do not care about what a high end sound listening should be. 1000USD for a sound system is not an easy money to average consumers, it needs also serious consideration in buying sound system. They are appealed by the Bose ads, demo setup and its pleasing sound they heard of, and other people they know that have already bose system with them, etc.. The Blue Ocean Strategy System will explain more on this chain reaction.
My Conclusion: Bose is just like an Apple. As more quality products come out already to the minds of people today which can beat them many times more in terms of quality, features and functionality, then time comes nearer their market will be neutralize.
Hoping you will not say this is a troll.
Last edited by Pro-People; 08-07-2015 at 05:53 PM.