AVS Forum banner

Sonus Faber Venere 3.0 Floor Model for $2K - good deal or not?

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  pchangavs 
#1 · (Edited)
First time poster here. Found a pair of SF Venere 3.0 Floor model at a local Best Buy for $2000. Been in the showroom for a year. They claim it had about 20 min of play time per day & about 100 - 120 hours total. BB selling a brand new pair for $3K while other local shops sell for $3500. Good deal or not given

a) floor model - no way to verify how long. But the unit looks perfect. No chip or damage I can see.

b) made in China

c) new SF Chameleon T (made in Italy!) will be selling for $2K

d) heard that Venere 4.0 will be made in Italy & priced at $5K to "bring up the perception of the currently China-made Venere products"

e) Music I like - classical (orchestra), pop (U2, Depeche Model, Maroon 5, Michael Jackson), rock (Bon Jovi), jazz etc. (everything : )

f) 60% for music, 40% for movies

g) I have a great room with 14 ft width & 15 ft length (up to seating area) and 24 ft length (including my open kitchen back of the seating area) with hardwood floor (no rug)

I've auditioned Venere 2.5, GoldenEar Triton 5 & 3, B&W 683 S3, CM8, CM9, Monitor Audio Silver 6 & Paradigm 85F. 85F is sweet but outside of my price range. Wasn't expecting to get to the Venere 3.0 price range but the floor model brought it down to my price range. And I love the Venere 3.0 sound : )

What do you think?

See less See more
#2 ·
I really like the Venere 3.0, I think they are great in their price range.
I wouldn't worry where the speakers are made in the world, as long as the sound is good and the design is decent.

The higher Sonus Faber products which I also really like, probably got some small bits and parts that came out of a factory in China anyway.

The deal sounds good if there is no wear&tear on them.
Another benefit is that they are broken in from day 1.

I'd go for it, theres always something better and if you get more cash for speakers in the future your loss wouldn't be that large reselling them.

Good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.