I'm upgrading an old setup based on a Sony STR-K670P. I have a dedicated room in the basement with an Epson tw6600w. Room is ~6mx4, projected image is ~2.9mx1.7. Main usage would be HT (70-80%), and some music (20-30%, classic, blues, pop).
After several demos in stores, I've narrowed down my choice to:
- Dali: Ikon 6 (or 7), Ikon Vokal 2, Zensor 1 (or Icon 1) and Ikon Sub
- Monitor Audio: Silver 8, Silver Centre, Silver FX, Silver W12 Subwoofer
- Focal: Aria 926, CC 900 centre , SR 900, Sub 300P (or 500P)
I like all three, issue is that I could not try them all in the same room at the same time. Also I could not listen to them powered by my Denon X4100W, thus it's a bit hard to make a final decision. Of course I'll get a demo of my final choice to bring home to validate it, but I'm trying to avoid carrying all three home and back to the stores
Any thoughts on how those 3 options compare, in particular when driven by my Denon?
Additional bonus questions are:
- any input on the sub choice (i.e., is any of the three better that I could bring to the chosen config even if not same brand?). Would it make any sense to get two subs instead of a more powerful one (e.g., 2x Sub 300P instead of 1x Sub 500P, or 2x ASW608 instead of Ikon Sub)?
- if I want to move to 7.1, would it make any sense to use 2 of the old Sony speakers for it?
Thanks in advance for your wise advice!