OT: Has anyone else had a problem with paypal recently when selling equipment here? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-23-2015, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 896 Post(s)
Liked: 360
OT: Has anyone else had a problem with paypal recently when selling equipment here?

I went in to double check on the payment showing on my paypal account today. Paypal has placed the payment submitted to me on hold for 21 days or a minimun of three days after I include a tracking number on the transaction summary.

They have also deleted everything from my previous account. So I received an email asking me to confirm my name and address before payment would be released to me. I did so, and now they are stating I "joined" today and I am considered a new seller which of course equates to high risk in their eyes.

I don't know what the heck is going here. Good lord I hate paypal. They did this to me years ago when I was a ebay seller for ten years. But I've never seen them do this for a regular person to person transaction outside of ebay/amazon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-23-2015, 11:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 2856 Post(s)
Liked: 2626
Call them and complain. After 10 years on eBay, and assuming you had a clean record, there is no reason to make you go through all that HOLD crap again.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-24-2015, 12:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 1018 Post(s)
Liked: 353
wow. thats not great service there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page