Well...this will probably be my last post on the subject; as I'm tired of trying to explain things to those, who obviously think in 2 dimensions.
I've seen so many comments like..."well, MK was wrong to mislabel; but the OP should have had a different title to his post"; or "MK made a nice post...so the OP obviously has an axe to grind, and all is forgiven".
Man: talk about not seeing the forest through the trees! Craig has eluded, there's more he could
say...but hasn't; that's not taking the high road as well? Everyone keeps harping on this "everything changed" thing; maybe Craig can't elaborate, without slinging more mud...and has chosen not to?
One of the things, Craig has
said...is that it's a customer's
complaint, that brought it to his attention. And I believe (though I'm not 100% sure, and don't have the wherewithal to browse back through ALL the posts) he asserted the following:
- Customer called Craig, to ask about origin of the cabinets. Obviously the customer had an impetus; you don't just shoot the breeze, about such things. My guess is the customer heard/read something, and wanted to check into it.
- Craig told customer "as far as I know, the cabinets are made in Denmark..." (if Craig didn't know about the switch to China. So everyone can stop with this whole "oh...he was fine when they were made in Denmark; but not China. What a xenophobe"). Or maybe he just deflected, and said "you should call AA/MK and ask them/him"
- That AA/MK misrepresented to the customer, the fact that the cabinets were
made in China; and now by his own admission...falsely labeled. In other words...lied
to an inquiring customer (mind you...I'm repeating what I've read, as purported by others. I have no first-hand knowledge)
- Customer comes back to Craig and says "WTF; I want my money back!"
- Craig calls AA/MK, and says "hey...what are we going to do about this? I don't want my reputation tarnished...and I'm not sure I want to keep selling this stock. Will you make reprimands to this customer...and will you buy-back, remaining stock?"
- AA/MK tells Craig to shove it! LOL
TO BE CLEAR: all I'm doing, is suggesting a possible
scenario; NOT AN ACTUAL ONE. Though I will say...some of what I've purported, has been stated as to have actually happened; and I don't think I've taken great
liberties, with the rest. In other words...it's very likely, connecting some bread crumbs; this is kinda, how things went down.
Craig says "I'll see your a$$ in court. I don't want to work with a guy/company like yours"; and AA/MK reply in kind, by saying "you're dropped". My point is...everyone (most) is assuming Craig is the bad guy here; and why...because AA/MK committed "fraud", but then...when pressured to respond on this forum...politely apologized??
In my book...I'd award more points, for changing the policy before
this post! On Facebook, on AVS; "hi...I'm Michael Kelly, owner of AA. It has come to my attention..." and blah, blah, blah. He knew
; customer(s) and Craig, at the very
least...expressed anger and concern. He could have said/done something then.
No offense; I don't know the man, and yes...I'm friendly with Craig. But that aside...we're pardoning a company, who commits this "fraud" (and no matter who's "side" you've been on here; it seems EVERYONE agrees, what we're talking about...is
"fraud"). And by all accounts, knew about it...and continued to perpetrate it; until he's forced
to comment. And when he does, he goes "sorry...we'll change it". And everyone just goes "wow; what a stand-up guy"? LOL
And what...we continue, to bury Craig because he was a whistle-blower, with an axe to grind? Everyone is saying "oh...Craig was a dealer who got cut-off; and now he's seeking his pound of flesh". What if he was cut-off...because
he was the whistle-blower (or threatened to; or asked AA/MK to do the "right" thing, long before now)?
I don't know; I'm not trying to bury AA/MK here. Truly I'm not. What I am doing, is trying to understand...how the purported "victim", is catching the lion's share of the sh*t here.