7.2 Rear speakers: klipsch RS-62ii vs Klipsch RB-81ii - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Blackfreeze
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 09-16-2015, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Blackfreeze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Cordova(Memphis), TN
Posts: 56
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 14
7.2 Rear speakers: klipsch RS-62ii vs Klipsch RB-81ii

Im designing a klipsch 7.2 deicated home theater room. But im not sure what to do on on rear speakers. Currently( tested but put back in the box) i have
fronts - 2 rf-7ii
Center - rc-64ii
sides - 2 rs-62ii
rears - 2 rb-81ii(but thinking rs-64 mightbe better)
planned subs (not purchased yet) 2 svs pb13

My room isnt built yet but im planning 2 rows of 4 (3 rows if i have room) 20ish x 30ish

I found rs-62s but they said they probably last past christmas.

Question is which sounds better as rears rb-81 or rs-62 ?
or regular speaker vs bipole type?
Rickyclev34 likes this.

Last edited by Blackfreeze; 09-16-2015 at 06:27 PM. Reason: correction
Blackfreeze is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 Old 09-16-2015, 07:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Kini62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 8,025
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2716 Post(s)
Liked: 2526
I have the bipole (RS42 basically) but my room is small and I won't be going to 7 channels. So IMO for the way your room will be you would be better off with regular (monopole?) bookshelf speakers for the side surrounds and the rear channels.

As for subs, the PB13 Ultra is a great sub, but there are more powerful subs for less money out there, check Reaction Audio, PSA, HSU and Rythmik.

You might want to wire for Atmos as well while you're under construction.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Onkyo RZ820
Roku Ultra, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Quattron
Kini62 is offline  
post #3 of 6 Old 09-16-2015, 07:29 PM
 
shadyJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 8,743
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1330 Post(s)
Liked: 1358
In that room, do the RB-81s.
shadyJ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 6 Old 09-16-2015, 07:55 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Blackfreeze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Cordova(Memphis), TN
Posts: 56
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62 View Post
I have the bipole (RS42 basically) but my room is small and I won't be going to 7 channels. So IMO for the way your room will be you would be better off with regular (monopole?) bookshelf speakers for the side surrounds and the rear channels.

As for subs, the PB13 Ultra is a great sub, but there are more powerful subs for less money out there, check Reaction Audio, PSA, HSU and Rythmik.

You might want to wire for Atmos as well while you're under construction.
Thanks i already have the 81s anyway. And yeah im wanting to wire for atmos but waiting to buy a reciever and projector last cuz technology keeps changing.

Which subs would be equal? Somewhere online offered me 2 svs pb13 for 3200 no tax free shipping

Last edited by Blackfreeze; 09-16-2015 at 07:58 PM. Reason: correction
Blackfreeze is offline  
post #5 of 6 Old 09-16-2015, 08:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Kini62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 8,025
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2716 Post(s)
Liked: 2526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackfreeze View Post
Thanks i already have the 81s anyway. And yeah im wanting to wire for atmos but waiting to buy a reciever and projector last cuz technology keeps changing.

Which subs would be equal? Somewhere online offered me 2 svs pb13 for 3200 no tax free shipping
What is iq entertainment? If not an authorized dealer pass on by. If they are and you get the full svs warranty then that is a good deal.
Even still a pair of reaction audio echo 18s would have more output above 20hz and cost less. The pb13s would have better output from 16-20 hz.
Kini62 is offline  
post #6 of 6 Old 09-16-2015, 08:16 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Blackfreeze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Cordova(Memphis), TN
Posts: 56
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62 View Post
What is iq entertainment? If not an authorized dealer pass on by. If they are and you get the full svs warranty then that is a good deal.
Even still a pair of reaction audio echo 18s would have more output above 20hz and cost less. The pb13s would have better output from 16-20 hz.
Its an authorized dealer, from the svs website. But ill checkout those echo 18s. But i really wish i could do a side listening comparison
Blackfreeze is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off