Forum Jump: 
 21Likes

post #1 of 90 Old 09-23-2015, 05:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 14
ELAC Debut Delivery?

Anybody hear anything from Elac on an actual ship date for the Elac Debut's?

I'm getting ready to order some new speakers for a 5.1 theater setup and I'm very interested in the new Elac Debut B6/C5/B5 setup... Anticipation is high that these will be nice sounding with great bang for the buck.

Website says 'Pre-order for September Delivery', Amazon says 'To be released October 1', but phone calls to Elac go unanswered, voice mail messages unreturned, and those that have pre-ordered seem to have not been contacted other than a very generic order confirmation.

I'm sure they are very busy with the upcoming release, but I'm just wondering if September will possibly slip to... December? January? Whenever?

I'm considering Hsu HB-1/HC-1 and Ascend CMT-340/CBM-170 setups... Or even going with the much less expensive AJ Pioneer SP-FS52/SP-BS22 setup, all to be coupled with a to-be-decided Hsu/BIC/Elac/Rythmic $300-$500 subwoofer.

I'd probably go for the Elac setup if I can get it in the next four weeks or so, but don't want to wait much longer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 90 Old 09-23-2015, 05:18 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Sent an email today with no answer.... I agree that they're busy, but manning the email channel seems like elementary customer service. I may not even have as much patience as you do...
post #3 of 90 Old 09-23-2015, 05:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1231 Post(s)
Liked: 1437
How do they sound?

I'll be back later...

System links::: 1.5RQ > digits from all sources > 1177a > OpenDRC-DI with AcourateDRC > DEQ2496 > DAC2 > KCT > FPB 350mcx > reQuest + Cheezewoofer Wattless Deluxe > Sweetspot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 90 Old 09-23-2015, 05:44 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I know they have a scheduled delivery date of Oct 1 (for some including the B5) and the floorstanders on Oct 19.

BenQ HT1075 | Samsung PN50B650 50-Inch 1080p Plasma
Denon S530BT | Yamaha Aventage A670BL
KEF Q100's | JBL Studio 5 series | Paradigm Cinema
post #5 of 90 Old 09-23-2015, 05:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Send a message via AIM to Rayjr Send a message via Yahoo to Rayjr Send a message via Skype™ to Rayjr
I was at the ELAC open house last week....and they stated they would be shipping first week in October...if this helps.

RayJr
jsfalk likes this.
post #6 of 90 Old 09-23-2015, 06:46 PM

Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfbz View Post
Anybody hear anything from Elac on an actual ship date for the Elac Debut's?

I'm getting ready to order some new speakers for a 5.1 theater setup and I'm very interested in the new Elac Debut B6/C5/B5 setup... Anticipation is high that these will be nice sounding with great bang for the buck.

Website says 'Pre-order for September Delivery', Amazon says 'To be released October 1', but phone calls to Elac go unanswered, voice mail messages unreturned, and those that have pre-ordered seem to have not been contacted other than a very generic order confirmation.

I'm sure they are very busy with the upcoming release, but I'm just wondering if September will possibly slip to... December? January? Whenever?

I'm considering Hsu HB-1/HC-1 and Ascend CMT-340/CBM-170 setups... Or even going with the much less expensive AJ Pioneer SP-FS52/SP-BS22 setup, all to be coupled with a to-be-decided Hsu/BIC/Elac/Rythmic $300-$500 subwoofer.

I'd probably go for the Elac setup if I can get it in the next four weeks or so, but don't want to wait much longer.
I got a little antsy and just purchased the Ascend CBM-170, even though I was waiting for more opinions on the Debuts to roll in, initially. I think all of those sets you're looking at are great, and you'd probably be happy with any of them. The price difference with the Debuts definitely makes them a strong contender against the Hsu and Ascend speakers, but they are much less efficient and less sensitive than the Hsu and Ascend options. I'm sure they'll sound great, though.
post #7 of 90 Old 09-24-2015, 12:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 306 Post(s)
Liked: 207
First shipments are arriving this week, get thru customs, breakdown containers, separate out preorders, so figure first week of October is about right, I should think.
Efficiency really means nothing unless you are comparing different products side by side, one would be louder than the other.
The Debuts are designed to work well with the average amp range. The most important measurement is...how do they sound to your ears.
dsrussell likes this.

Heart in SoCal - Soul from the Motor City
Sony x65-900F+ShieldTV+ Kodi Leia=>SR6010=>Integra DTA-70.1=>Chane A1.4 x 3 + DCM OW-1s x 2 + 1 x RSL Speedwoofer10 S+ 1 x Sunfire HRS12
post #8 of 90 Old 09-24-2015, 12:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 953 Post(s)
Liked: 913
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayDunzl View Post
How do they sound?
Supposedly good for the price .Surprising for a very quick out the door development.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-spe...rew-jones.html
post #9 of 90 Old 09-24-2015, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayDunzl View Post
How do they sound?
Just look for a youtube video where Mr. Jones demonstrating these speakers. I got a little anxious and bought a pair of used Martin Logans. However, I still need to buy my mains. So, its just 2 more weeks before we get a number of reviews in this forum and elsewhere.

post #10 of 90 Old 09-24-2015, 03:57 PM

Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by drramki View Post
Just look for a youtube video where Mr. Jones demonstrating these speakers. I got a little anxious and bought a pair of used Martin Logans. However, I still need to buy my mains. So, its just 2 more weeks before we get a number of reviews in this forum and elsewhere.
Which MLs did you end up buying? I got antsy as well, and jumped on some Ascends.
post #11 of 90 Old 09-24-2015, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumuo View Post
Which MLs did you end up buying? I got antsy as well, and jumped on some Ascends.
I bought a couple of Motion 2s and a motion 6. I currently have a paradigm cinema. If I like Motion 2's and the Motion 6 AND I like B5's then, I might sell the Paradigm. Or else, I'll use the MLs as rear satellites (Motion 2s are not quite bookshelf speakers).

It's just another couple of weeks. They were supposed to start shipping in Sept.

post #12 of 90 Old 09-25-2015, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumuo View Post
In fact, I got Motion 4's and I am keeping them. Amazing sound and loud enough for my room size. Now, its a tough decision to two more bookshelves (may be after selling my paradigm setup).

post #13 of 90 Old 09-29-2015, 10:52 AM

OK. It's September 29th now and we're still getting radio silence. About to drop a boatload of extra coin on a B&W system if I don't hear soon.
post #14 of 90 Old 09-29-2015, 12:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Not sure why you are saying "radio silence". It's been pretty clear for some time now...

"This item will be released on October 1, 2015. "

http://www.amazon.com/DB61-BK-Debut-...&keywords=elac

Sony x65-900F+ShieldTV+ Kodi Leia=>SR6010=>Integra DTA-70.1=>Chane A1.4 x 3 + DCM OW-1s x 2 + 1 x RSL Speedwoofer10 S+ 1 x Sunfire HRS12
post #15 of 90 Old 09-29-2015, 12:38 PM

OK, well the website says "Pre-Order for delivery in September." And multiple emails have not been returned, and they don't answer the phone at the contact number for sales... Other than that....
post #16 of 90 Old 09-29-2015, 01:27 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsfalk View Post
OK, well the website says "Pre-Order for delivery in September." And multiple emails have not been returned, and they don't answer the phone at the contact number for sales... Other than that....
Responses like this are why companies are increasingly maintaining "radio silence" until the product is in the stores. The answers and info given are never good enough and if they were to miss a deadline by 1hr everyone's head explodes.

They've been demoed and given a release date. You can even watch the YT video that so many people seem to put stock in these days ("why, those $1000 speakers sound just like the ones on my office PC!"). Either pre-order, wait for hands-on reviews by actual owners to buy, or choose something in stock. Why's that so difficult? Furthermore, I'm very curious as to just what questions you have to ask before the product is even released.
post #17 of 90 Old 09-29-2015, 02:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 434 Post(s)
Liked: 318
Quote:

Good morning [xxxxx],

The first of many containers have arrived at a U.S. Port. Once we receive the product into inventory, we'll contact you via the method requested and arrange for billing and shipping. Assuming no customs delays, product will ship the first full week of October.
Thanks for you patience and please contact me with any further questions.

Sincerely,

James Krodel
Elac, Sales

From someone posting on an audio site.
post #18 of 90 Old 09-29-2015, 03:07 PM - Thread Starter

I noticed Elac's web site says they will be exhibiting in Denver this weekend... Might stop by and give them a listen and get an update on their schedules.

Quote:
Throughout the year, ELAC will be exhibiting at electronics shows throughout North America:

OCTOBER 2 – 4, 2015
ROCKY MOUNTAIN AUDIO FEST
DENVER, COLORADO
post #19 of 90 Old 09-29-2015, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quaiboy View Post
Responses like this are why companies are increasingly maintaining "radio silence" until the product is in the stores. The answers and info given are never good enough and if they were to miss a deadline by 1hr everyone's head explodes.

They've been demoed and given a release date. You can even watch the YT video that so many people seem to put stock in these days ("why, those $1000 speakers sound just like the ones on my office PC!"). Either pre-order, wait for hands-on reviews by actual owners to buy, or choose something in stock. Why's that so difficult? Furthermore, I'm very curious as to just what questions you have to ask before the product is even released.
I have no questions. I pre-ordered. I got the email a month ago. I have money and am ready to spend it, pending, for example, an understanding of what the return policy is. Is it too much to ask for the company to answer their phones? If the inventory was here a month ago, it would be helpful to communicate with your customers. I understand dates slip -- maybe I'm unusual in that I prefer straight talk and honesty to hiding the ball.

This, by the way, is the last email I got:
September 1st, 2015

Dear valued ELAC customer,

These are exciting times here at ELAC. You are receiving this e-mail because you have pre-ordered one or more speakers from the ELAC Andrew Jones Debut Series.

By the third week of September, the first products will arrive to the warehouse in California. You will be among the very first to receive the product here in the U.S. You will be contacted via the method you requested on the pre-order form. Once we confirm your order, we’ll arrange for payment and ship the product to you via ground service. (Shipping Costs are still being negotiated)

If you have any questions, please visit our website or contact us at: [email protected] or 714-252-8843.

Thanks again for your patience and interest in the ELAC brand and products.

Sincerely yours,

Andrew Jones

Vice President Engineering

ELAC Americas LLC.
Ted Sheckler likes this.

Last edited by jsfalk; 09-29-2015 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Update
post #20 of 90 Old 09-29-2015, 04:28 PM - Thread Starter

[quote=jsfalk;37669033]... Is it too much to ask for the company to answer their phones? If the inventory was here a month ago, it would be helpful to communicate with your customers. I understand dates slip -- maybe I'm unusual in that I prefer straight talk and honesty to hiding the ball.[/quote]

Agree completely... Or at least change the voice-mail message or do an auto email reply saying something like...

"Thanks for trying to contact us! We know your excited, and so are we, but we are a very small office and right now are prioritizing the tasks we need to do to insure delivery and are not able to reply to all messages in a timely manner"
Of course, assuming that is the case....

But going dark really isn't the approach I like to see in companies I do business with... But I'll give Apple and Tesla a pass.
Ted Sheckler likes this.
post #21 of 90 Old 09-29-2015, 04:45 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
I have no questions. I pre-ordered. I got the email a month ago. I have money and am ready to spend it, pending, for example, an understanding of what the return policy is. Is it too much to ask for the company to answer their phones? If the inventory was here a month ago, it would be helpful to communicate with your customers. I understand dates slip -- maybe I'm unusual in that I prefer straight talk and honesty to hiding the ball.
Fair enough. You pre-ordered (which I did not realize as you did not disclose this above) and therefore should have an open line of communication with Elac as they ship out. The ultimatum line with B&W comes off as really whiny though. If you don't feel that you've been treated fairly as a customer, why not vote with your dollar?
post #22 of 90 Old 09-29-2015, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quaiboy View Post
Fair enough. You pre-ordered (which I did not realize as you did not disclose this above) and therefore should have an open line of communication with Elac as they ship out. The ultimatum line with B&W comes off as really whiny though. If you don't feel that you've been treated fairly as a customer, why not vote with your dollar?
Sorry for coming off as whiny. But it's an internet forum... I thought it was the way I was supposed to sound. As to B&W, I'm genuinely torn. It's really just impatience with a comparison between speakers I've heard (and liked) and speakers that people I respect have liked (and would save me money.)
christoofar likes this.
post #23 of 90 Old 10-01-2015, 08:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Updated delivery info from Chris at ELAC, see this post
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-spe...l#post37704377

post #24 of 90 Old 10-01-2015, 10:19 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I was reading up on these speakers and the specs sounds good. I'm anxious to hear reviews and feedback from you guys. I think I will upgrade my surround sound to these depending on there performance.
post #25 of 90 Old 10-01-2015, 10:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 953 Post(s)
Liked: 913
We have 2 threads running on these...maybe one should go away... no?
post #26 of 90 Old 10-02-2015, 07:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

The other thread has lots more info...
Shadowed likes this.

post #27 of 90 Old 10-02-2015, 04:54 PM - Thread Starter

Stopped by Rocky Mountain Audi Fest in Denver today. Elac and Andrew Jones were there, the F5 towers being demo'ed.

As expected, they sound fantastic, especially for their price-point. I let others more eloquent write the reviews, but I expect they will all be pretty awesome. Evidently the first container cleared customs yesterday and is in their warehouse, notifications/payment/shipping should be happening soon. I was hoping they'd have a truckload to buy some directly at the show but they cleared customs a few days too late.

Ted Sheckler likes this.
post #28 of 90 Old 10-02-2015, 09:56 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowed View Post
We have 2 threads running on these...maybe one should go away... no?

Hi Guys,

I was not aware this thread was here... I was only looking at the other one.

I am sorry for the lack of communication. I do no understand why some of you are getting through to us at the office. I am going to see if we might be having a problem with our phone system. We even just added another employee who calls should be transferred to if we don't pick up our extensions. It is true that we are very busy, but that is not an excuse.

For those of you who did pre-order, the first couple of containers have been put on hold by customs and should be released soon (Hopefully), however four additional containers already cleared customs and made it to our warehouse. They will be inventoried on Monday and we should begin contacting people for payments and shipping info.

For those of you who pre-ordered and are in the United States shipping on pre-orders will be free. We will also offer a 30 day return policy for pre-ordered products if you are not satisfied.

Hope that answers all of the questions. I will start monitoring this thread as well.

Thanks,

Chris Walker
ELAC Americas
post #29 of 90 Old 10-09-2015, 11:03 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Talking Got em ordered!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkamo View Post
Hi Guys,

I was not aware this thread was here... I was only looking at the other one.

I am sorry for the lack of communication. I do no understand why some of you are getting through to us at the office. I am going to see if we might be having a problem with our phone system. We even just added another employee who calls should be transferred to if we don't pick up our extensions. It is true that we are very busy, but that is not an excuse.

For those of you who did pre-order, the first couple of containers have been put on hold by customs and should be released soon (Hopefully), however four additional containers already cleared customs and made it to our warehouse. They will be inventoried on Monday and we should begin contacting people for payments and shipping info.

For those of you who pre-ordered and are in the United States shipping on pre-orders will be free. We will also offer a 30 day return policy for pre-ordered products if you are not satisfied.

Hope that answers all of the questions. I will start monitoring this thread as well.

Thanks,

Chris Walker
ELAC Americas
Just placed my order,

Thanks, hope I get these quick!!!!!

Ron
post #30 of 90 Old 10-09-2015, 11:44 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Just placed my B6 order, but my order number is well over 1000. Bummer. They only sent the email an hour ago for the shopping link.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page