Klipsch Reference R-28F towers black friday sale, worth replacing my Icon KF-28s? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-14-2015, 03:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Klipsch Reference R-28F towers black friday sale, worth replacing my Icon KF-28s?

Klipsch Reference R-28F black friday deal

I paid the same price for my Icon KF-28s four years ago from the same place, best buy. (via the same black friday deal no less)

Klipsch Icon KF-28 specs

I've been wanting to go all Reference eventually (and upgrade the center to a RC-64), but wondering if there are any differences between my four year old Icon towers and Klipsch's new Reference towers, considering the specs look relatively the same on the link above.

Are the worth upgrading at that price or should I look into some RF-7s or RF-83s instead?

AVR - Emotiva UMC-200 + UPA-700 / Sources - PS3/Xbox360
Fronts - Klipsch KF-28 / Center - Klipsch RC-62
Sides - Klipsch VS-14 / Rears - Klipsch VS-14
Sub1 - SVS PB12-NSD / Sub2 - SVS PB12-NSD
PRJ - Mitsubishi HC5 / SCN - 120" ES cinewhite
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-14-2015, 05:15 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 311 Post(s)
Liked: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by freespace303 View Post
Klipsch Reference R-28F black friday deal

I paid the same price for my Icon KF-28s four years ago from the same place, best buy. (via the same black friday deal no less)

Klipsch Icon KF-28 specs

I've been wanting to go all Reference eventually (and upgrade the center to a RC-64), but wondering if there are any differences between my four year old Icon towers and Klipsch's new Reference towers, considering the specs look relatively the same on the link above.

Are the worth upgrading at that price or should I look into some RF-7s or RF-83s instead?
I have auditioned them side by side. There is NO sound difference AT ALL! There are plenty on here who will tell you otherwise, but they are dead wrong. They are the same exact speaker, just different colored woofers.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-14-2015, 05:22 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 549 Post(s)
Liked: 477
I haven't heard either. But in general, going between similarly priced speakers by the same manufacturer is not going to get you any better sound. Now if you were interested in moving significantly up the line to more expensive speakers.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page