Vapor Audio Perfect Storm speaker issue - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By CruelInventions

post #1 of 8 Old 12-19-2015, 07:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Vapor Audio Perfect Storm speaker issue

Has anyone heard anything regarding Bassfeen's speakers? Was there a resolution between Vapor Audio and the customer? I'm guessing nothing has been resolved because the Perfect Storm speakers that were shown at RMAF look the same as what was shown on another thread here which were supposedly Bassfeen's speakers. If nothing has been resolved then we are talking roughly two years since this customer sent money to Vapor for a design that went through many changes without the customers approval.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-19-2015, 09:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 2682 Post(s)
Liked: 4542
Quote:
Originally Posted by rno63 View Post
Has anyone heard anything regarding Bassfeen's speakers? Was there a resolution between Vapor Audio and the customer? I'm guessing nothing has been resolved because the Perfect Storm speakers that were shown at RMAF look the same as what was shown on another thread here which were supposedly Bassfeen's speakers. If nothing has been resolved then we are talking roughly two years since this customer sent money to Vapor for a design that went through many changes without the customers approval.

Sorry my man.

It look like it was, a flight by night company.
Could not find any legit company information, other than audio sites, like this one.
And look it was a few time posted by the same person, just different names as a user.

Ray
post #3 of 8 Old 12-19-2015, 09:29 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 584 Post(s)
Liked: 823
AFAIK, it's still a work in progress. Ryan has jacked the price to 45K allegedly because that'll be list price for some fictitious dealer.

I last spoke with him quite some time ago. He had said he'd be in the States sometime in December through a good part of 2016 setting up some business venture. Import/export I believe. Being in the US would make it easier and less expensive if/when he pursues filing a civil suit. Court appearances and all. I did say to him back then, after reading all the correspondence between the two, that he might consider a criminal complaint seeing as the amount of money easily brings it into the felony class. Just think, he could join Schifter in the Audio Felons Club! Maybe even get some jail time and court supervised restitution! But I think he'd rather not ruin Ryan (Pete?) and just get his money back. Of course with him being in the states, that may all change.

"I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - Gregory House
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 12-20-2015, 08:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Why bring Pete S into it? Doesn't he just do the design work on some models?
post #5 of 8 Old 12-20-2015, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by augerpro View Post
Why bring Pete S into it? Doesn't he just do the design work on some models?
Let's begin with the fact that I can find no, and I mean NO, listing for a company called Vapor Sound, registered to do business in the State of Missouri. There's no LLC, no listing of who makes up the company. The upshot is there is nothing insulating Ryan (I'll get to Pete) and his personal life and possessions from lawsuits.

As to why bring Schumacher into this, from having seen a slew of email correspondence not just limited to bassfeen, a significant and in some cases a majority of it comes from Pete S. He's presenting himself very much like a partner. So as far as I'm concerned he's fair game. The courts can figure it out.

"I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - Gregory House
post #6 of 8 Old 12-21-2015, 10:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Thanks for the update and I also realize I said 10k that was given to Vapor but it was actually 20k. I understand why Bassfeen would be heading for the U.S.
post #7 of 8 Old 12-22-2015, 05:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1321 Post(s)
Liked: 1546
Even before their issues I thought it was one of the stupidest names to pick for an audio company.
It appears to have been the most portentously chosen name though too.
cschang and AudioJosh like this.

Quote:
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool. ~ Richard P. Feynman
post #8 of 8 Old 12-25-2015, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rno63 View Post
Thanks for the update and I also realize I said 10k that was given to Vapor but it was actually 20k. I understand why Bassfeen would be heading for the U.S.
Yeah, you'd think they'd have given back 10K seeing as they only require a 50% deposit. But I'm sure they've already spent it - show room rentals, travel, shipping, advertising literature, meals, lodging, etc. Or maybe it went on that new building they were working on called Casa de Vapor. The thing is, even if bassfeen wanted it, it's no longer a new speaker. It's a friggin demo that's been shlepped around.

His being in the States is a business matter unrelated to Vapor. Being here though should make it much easier to pursue Civil or Criminal charges.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page