Fluance Rolls Out Signature Series Tower - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 388Likes

post #61 of 848 Old 01-11-2016, 06:19 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Murderousone View Post
Ordered. Expect a very detailed break down by the end of the week and a comparison with the Immortal RBH R55TI's......
Great, looking forward to it. I was going to look at those as well with the HTD level 3 towers and aperion 5t towers against my Sierra ones bookshelfs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 848 Old 01-12-2016, 10:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Quoted: 2272 Post(s)
Liked: 1575
Quote:
Ordered. Expect a very detailed break down by the end of the week and a comparison with the Immortal RBH R55TI's......
Please do! Try some instrumental music such as Piano Guys in 2.0 or 2.1 stereo. Look them up on youtube if you haven't. Not only they have good music but I find their parody videos quite entertaining. Very good piano and cello songs which would let you know which speaker is more neutral and musical vs the other. This would show off the the mids really well.

Sony 45es | 120 inch screen | Panasonic BDT500 | Rotel RMB-1075 | Rotel RMB-1077 | Rotel RSP-1068 | Klipsch RP-280F/RP-450C/RP-160M (x4) | Funk Audio subs (x2) | MiniDSP 2x4HD | Crowson D-501/Shadow-8 Actuators (x2) | Monster Power Conditioner | GIK acoustic panels
post #63 of 848 Old 01-12-2016, 12:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2263 Post(s)
Liked: 3109
Quote:
RBH/EMP Tek makes some nice and very reasonably priced speakers. I know you’re in love with the R55Ti’s, but c’mon. Immortal? Compete with speakers 4 times the price? What in the heck have you been listening to at 4 times the price that wouldn’t kick the EMPs to the curb?

Music area: Magnepan 3.6, McIntosh MC2205 amp & C48 preamp, SVS SB13-Ultra, Oppo BDP 95, dbx 3BX, and assorted equipment.
Movie area: EMP Tek E5Bi (were rebadged to R5Bi), RBH/EMP Tek R55Ti, PSA S3000i, Denon X2000, Oppo BDP 83.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 848 Old 01-12-2016, 01:06 PM

Quote:
If anyone else decides to try these out you can get them for 630 shipped if you engage in a chat with them on the fluance website. They will give you a 10% off code, just ask a few questions.
post #65 of 848 Old 01-12-2016, 02:35 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrowe0 View Post
If anyone else decides to try these out you can get them for 630 shipped if you engage in a chat with them on the fluance website. They will give you a 10% off code, just ask a few questions.
Yeah i got that $629 price also. i meant to mention that. you don't even have to call in you can just use the coupon signature70 at the online checkout
post #66 of 848 Old 01-12-2016, 02:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrussell View Post
RBH/EMP Tek makes some nice and very reasonably priced speakers. I know you’re in love with the R55Ti’s, but c’mon. Immortal? Compete with speakers 4 times the price? What in the heck have you been listening to at 4 times the price that wouldn’t kick the EMPs to the curb?
Dude the RBH R55TI's compete with much higher priced speakers i already made a thread about that....alot of guys agreed.

Perhaps you missed this thread, i outlined all the speakers i compared it with.....i thought you posted in it........so i'm suprised to see you coming after me now, why didn't you say something then?

for the price they are immortal

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-spe...-speakers.html
post #67 of 848 Old 01-12-2016, 02:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Dude the RBH R55TI's compete with much higher priced speakers i already made a thread about that....alot of guys agreed.

Perhaps you missed this thread, i outlined all the speakers i compared it with.....i thought you posted in it........so i'm suprised to see you coming after me now, why didn't you say something then?

for the price they are immortal

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-spe...-speakers.html
Dude? I’m not coming after you. I think the R55Ti’s are a good speaker for the price, but hardly immortal . And it’s been awhile, but I did say congratulations . Since sound is subjective, I’m glad you think that highly of them. They sure are nice looking.
yanks1 likes this.

Music area: Magnepan 3.6, McIntosh MC2205 amp & C48 preamp, SVS SB13-Ultra, Oppo BDP 95, dbx 3BX, and assorted equipment.
Movie area: EMP Tek E5Bi (were rebadged to R5Bi), RBH/EMP Tek R55Ti, PSA S3000i, Denon X2000, Oppo BDP 83.
post #68 of 848 Old 01-12-2016, 03:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Dude? I’m not coming after you. I think the R55Ti’s are a good speaker for the price, but hardly immortal . And it’s been awhile, but I did say congratulations . Since sound is subjective, I’m glad you think that highly of them. They sure are nice looking.
I consider a speaker that costs a 1/5 of a another speaker it compete's with immortal and a legend IMO.

Another user in this thread just stated his thought the new fluance signatures would be a great deal even if they were 4 times the price. What is your opinion on that? Is he going over board also?
post #69 of 848 Old 01-12-2016, 03:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdmarsiii View Post
so i've got a bit more listening into them today, and last night, as well as dumped a couple hundred watts of krell into them. These things sound incredible. Ignore the small nit picks i have about them, as the benefits and things these things excel at far outweigh any of those. I wouldn't mind paying quadruple what i paid, and would still think i got a deal. Any one on the fence with these things, get them before they raise the price or something.

David
fyi
post #70 of 848 Old 01-12-2016, 03:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
It also sounded like you were coming after me......because your questioning my opinion of something i own and have alot of experience with.......

Last edited by The Murderousone; 01-12-2016 at 03:15 PM.
post #71 of 848 Old 01-12-2016, 03:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

^ Let's just say I take those types of comments with a grain of salt. But I'm just as happy that he likes the Fluance as much as you like the EMPs. Nothing better than loving the sound one is hearing.

post #72 of 848 Old 01-12-2016, 03:17 PM
Advanced Member

It's cool to disagree but back it up with your experiences..........what if i ran into the magnapan, sounus faber etc thread and started saying no way this speaker competes with such and such......etc with nothing really to back it up......it would just be a silly comment
post #73 of 848 Old 01-12-2016, 04:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

We're done now, Murderousone. There is absolutely no need to derail this thread further. Enjoy your EMPs, and I'll be interested in hearing your experience with the Fluance.

post #74 of 848 Old 01-12-2016, 05:13 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked: 166
They definitely look like they "lifted" the cabinet design from the JBL Studio 5 series. They look good, but for some reason I can't get the white van speaker stigma out of my head I got when I first started hearing about this brand a number of years ago. Clearly they aren't white van, as they are still around and legit, it's just something in my head maybe.
post #75 of 848 Old 01-12-2016, 05:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
We're done now, Murderousone. There is absolutely no need to derail this thread further. Enjoy your EMPs, and I'll be interested in hearing your experience with the Fluance.
Says the man that came in here talking tough......... but yep that's........... Cool as it sounds like something you should of IM'ed me in the first place.................

Last edited by The Murderousone; 01-12-2016 at 05:35 PM.
post #76 of 848 Old 01-12-2016, 05:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 444 Post(s)
Liked: 546
Quote:
Says the man that came in here talking tough......... but yep that's........... Cool as it sounds like something you should of IM'ed me in the first place.................
To be honest when you hear superlatives such as 'to die for' or 'immortal' etc. over and over again it makes it hard not to be cynical of said descriptors.

I've followed dsrussell's posts over the years, and always found them to be fair and enlightening; I'm sure he didn't mean to work you all into a tizzy.

As far as your going into a 'magnapan' thread and stirring the pot, I'd probably put an equal amount of credence into your appraisal of the Magnepans as I do the bluance speakers - and wouldn't worry to much about it

Last edited by Sean Spamilton; 01-12-2016 at 06:08 PM.
post #77 of 848 Old 01-12-2016, 06:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Spamilton View Post
To be honest when you hear superlatives such as 'to die for' or 'immortal' etc. over and over again it makes it hard not to be cynical of said descriptors.

I've followed dsrussell's posts over the years, and always found them to be fair and enlightening; I'm sure he didn't mean to work you all into a tizzy.

To be honest, as far as your going into a 'magnapan' thread and stirring the pot, I'd probably put an equal amount of credence into your appraisal of the Magnepans as I do the bluance speakers - and wouldn't worry to much about it
Let me address this:

I just found it funny, that i made a big thread about the R55ti's and he didn't say anything because alot of people were backing up my claims and all of a sudden now he thinks i'm being over the top, why not say something in the R55TI thread, when everyone was commenting? As far as his posts is concerned....him and a couple other do make make fair comments but i have also noticed these 3 in pretty much all of my threads throw small shots here and there and I usually don't say anything or just comment one time about it. Here's another thing, how can you debate a serious owner and you don't own the speakers and maybe have not even have heard them before? I would not bust in the maggie thread and make those claims when i don't have much experience with that particular model etc? That's my point. Better yet? Why couldn't he have Im'ed me? If he had any questions or concerns?
post #78 of 848 Old 01-12-2016, 06:56 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I am debating between these and the Elac (known in other countries other than here mostly)
post #79 of 848 Old 01-12-2016, 07:02 PM

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts The Murderousone on the Fluance towers, as the Canadian dollar is going down the toilet more and more, and importing speakers from America just doesn't seem reasonable with our current exchange rate + high shipping + duty. It would be awesome if these Fluance towers can compete with the EMP towers as they are the same price at $700 per pair and could be an amazing value for Canadians.

Also, not sure where this white van speaker stigma came from as there products don't seem anything like what you would find someone selling out the back of a van lol
post #80 of 848 Old 01-12-2016, 10:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Spamilton View Post

As far as your going into a 'magnapan' thread and stirring the pot, I'd probably put an equal amount of credence into your appraisal of the Magnepans as I do the bluance speakers - and wouldn't worry to much about it
Thanks, Sean.

One thing I’ve learned a long time ago is that no speaker will please people the same way. It doesn’t bother me in the least if people have polar opposite impressions of various speakers I think highly of. I fully expect it, since speaker selection is personal and highly subjective. People should get speakers that THEY love. Heck, I own the EMP Tek R55Ti (it was the reason I chimed in — I thought it appropriate that another voice be heard). And I do really like them or I would have shipped them back. Are the R55Ti’s a beautiful speaker and a good value? Yes. Amazing? I don't think so, but they do get much better when adding a subwoofer (but I feel a speaker needs to stand on their own). But hey, that is only one man’s opinion (no better or worse than anyone else’s).

I’m here because I have interest in the new Fluance offering. Not that I'd want to buy them, but curious to see what people think about them. It's always nice when one can recommend another reasonably priced speaker. I was also pretty interested when ELAC came to America with their lineup for the same reason, especially since I heard their preproduction B5 model at this year’s audio show.

post #81 of 848 Old 01-13-2016, 06:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1918 Post(s)
Liked: 2060
Most EMPtek owners would not say the speakers are better than speaker that cost 4 times as much (I own EMP speakers AND speakers that cost 4x as much, my Phil-BMR and I can say without fear of being wrong that the EMP speakers are not better). I think EMPtek speakers compare nicely with speakers that cost the same as them.

Yes, I too would like to hear how the new Fluance Speakers compare to other speakers on the market.
dsrussell and sheshechic like this.

Set up #1: EMP e5Ti, e5Ci, and EMP e5Bi surrounds, Outlaw LFM1 Plus sub, SVS NSD SB12 sub, Marantz Slimeline 1504 AV receiver
Set up #2: Def Tech SM450, CLR2002, SLS Qline surrounds and EMPtek10i10i sub, Denon 1910 AV receiver
Set up #3: Philharmonics- BMR in a 2.0 system, music only, Yamaha RXV-363 AV receiver
post #82 of 848 Old 01-13-2016, 06:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 1846 Post(s)
Liked: 1231
Quote:
+1

But with pictures please

------------------------------------------------
Receiver : Denon x5200
Front Stage : L/R - Statements by Jim Holtz
Surround Speakers : Klipsch RF-82II x 4 / RP-280F x 2
Subwooferage : 6 UM18/4 HT18 Subwoofer Log
post #83 of 848 Old 01-13-2016, 08:25 AM

I ordered both the r55ti towers and the fluance signature towers today. I have had a chance to demo many speakers before choosing my ascend Sierra 1s. I will be comparing my Sierras to both towers.
ereed, dsrussell and mdbrown like this.
post #84 of 848 Old 01-13-2016, 09:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Quoted: 2272 Post(s)
Liked: 1575
Quote:
I ordered both the r55ti towers and the fluance signature towers today. I have had a chance to demo many speakers before choosing my ascend Sierra 1s. I will be comparing my Sierras to both towers.
Without having heard the sierras I'm sure its a better speaker from the reviews I've read but it will be interesting to see how it compares to each other. Also let us know what equipment you are using when you compare them as well. Looking forward to it. Also take lots of pics of them next to each other.....we all love speaker porn!

Sony 45es | 120 inch screen | Panasonic BDT500 | Rotel RMB-1075 | Rotel RMB-1077 | Rotel RSP-1068 | Klipsch RP-280F/RP-450C/RP-160M (x4) | Funk Audio subs (x2) | MiniDSP 2x4HD | Crowson D-501/Shadow-8 Actuators (x2) | Monster Power Conditioner | GIK acoustic panels
post #85 of 848 Old 01-13-2016, 10:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Nice! We will all be very interested in your thoughts.

post #86 of 848 Old 01-13-2016, 02:13 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89grand View Post
They definitely look like they "lifted" the cabinet design from the JBL Studio 5 series. They look good, but for some reason I can't get the white van speaker stigma out of my head I got when I first started hearing about this brand a number of years ago. Clearly they aren't white van, as they are still around and legit, it's just something in my head maybe.
I was thinking the same thing about the cabinet design. In my opinion, that's a good thing as the Studio 590's are my favorite speaker, appearance-wise anyway. As the Studio 590 is $999.00 per speaker, I think it's great that the Fluance gives you the same look for a knock-down price!
post #87 of 848 Old 01-13-2016, 03:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Let me address this:

I just found it funny, that i made a big thread about the R55ti's and he didn't say anything because alot of people were backing up my claims and all of a sudden now he thinks i'm being over the top, why not say something in the R55TI thread, when everyone was commenting? As far as his posts is concerned....him and a couple other do make make fair comments but i have also noticed these 3 in pretty much all of my threads throw small shots here and there and I usually don't say anything or just comment one time about it. Here's another thing, how can you debate a serious owner and you don't own the speakers and maybe have not even have heard them before? I would not bust in the maggie thread and make those claims when i don't have much experience with that particular model etc? That's my point. Better yet? Why couldn't he have Im'ed me? If he had any questions or concerns?
The reason I didn’t comment in the EMP Tek thread (other than to congratulate you on your choice), is because I hadn’t auditioned the R55Ti’s at the time. I had no reference to go by. I will say that your comments on this speaker, along with other EMP Tek owners, were some of the reasons I decided to audition them. That, and I think very highly of the R5Bi’s. I now own the R55Ti’s and have for the past several months. All you needed to do was look at my signature, but I guess you were too miffed to do so. And as I’ve already stated, I was quite pleased with them once I incorporated a subwoofer. Because I own them, I didn’t feel my comments were out of line. You really do need to lighten up and understand that people will all have different thoughts and impressions on any and all speakers. It is certainly nothing to be so defensive about.

post #88 of 848 Old 01-13-2016, 04:32 PM
Advanced Member

UPS tracking says i should have them by tommorow.................looking forward to it
post #89 of 848 Old 01-13-2016, 09:14 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
different question about the signature bookshelf's that I just ordered. didn't have space in bedroom setup for the mains, so i'm running the signature bookshelfs on stands to serve as front with Mediocre Inifinity Reference 12-in Sub as 3.1 setup. (LCR)

the specs shows frequencies down to 60Hz but the chart has a big dip from 100hz to 80hz.

i'm not good at looking at these charts, but should it be fine in my setup to cross the sub at the default 80hz and HP the bookshelfs above this? There looks to be a dip in the curve from 100hz to 80hz, wasn't sure the inpact on sound. should this setup sound ok?

does the chart indicate the bookshelf doesn't do well during that dip from 100 to 80?

forgot left out amp will be the low end yamaha 379 receiver.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HFS.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	230.6 KB
ID:	1184146  

Last edited by lawrence131; 01-14-2016 at 10:07 AM.
post #90 of 848 Old 01-14-2016, 06:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 623 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Do any of you that are auditioning the fluance as well as the r55ti able to compare their sound to the klipsch RF5. These are klipsch reference speakers from early to mid 2000s. I got them in 2004. They have been good. But I am just wondering how they compare. I have read old reviews for the klipsch and they have been excellent. I have not really listened to any comparable speakers in my listening room in a long time. I have a 7.1 setup that includes the klipsch RC7 and RS35. The rc7 and rf5 use the same 8" dual woofers and horn tweeter. The center channel is hefty weighing 45 lbs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page