Fluance Rolls Out Signature Series Tower - Page 4 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 388Likes

post #91 of 848 Old 01-14-2016, 12:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2263 Post(s)
Liked: 3109
Quote:
Originally Posted by bommai View Post
Do any of you that are auditioning the fluance as well as the r55ti able to compare their sound to the klipsch RF5. These are klipsch reference speakers from early to mid 2000s. I got them in 2004. They have been good. But I am just wondering how they compare. I have read old reviews for the klipsch and they have been excellent. I have not really listened to any comparable speakers in my listening room in a long time. I have a 7.1 setup that includes the klipsch RC7 and RS35. The rc7 and rf5 use the same 8" dual woofers and horn tweeter. The center channel is hefty weighing 45 lbs.
Klipsch and EMP Tek towers are opposite sides of the coin. Since you are use to a high energy top end, you are not going to find that on the R55Ti. This can be a plus or minus depending upon what you seek in a speaker. It doesn’t matter if your Klipsch are over 10 years old. But I do encourage you to go out and audition other speakers. You may either come away with more respect for your speakers, or find something that nicely surprises you.

Music area: Magnepan 3.6, McIntosh MC2205 amp & C48 preamp, SVS SB13-Ultra, Oppo BDP 95, dbx 3BX, and assorted equipment.
Movie area: EMP Tek E5Bi (were rebadged to R5Bi), RBH/EMP Tek R55Ti, PSA S3000i, Denon X2000, Oppo BDP 83.

Last edited by dsrussell; 01-15-2016 at 11:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 848 Old 01-14-2016, 12:30 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdmarsiii View Post
So I've got a bit more listening into them today, and last night, as well as dumped a couple hundred watts of Krell into them. These things sound incredible. Ignore the small nit picks I have about them, as the benefits and things these things excel at far outweigh any of those. I wouldn't mind paying quadruple what I paid, and would still think I got a deal. Any one on the fence with these things, get them before they raise the price or something.

David

How would these do with watching movies? You are just currently listening without a sub also, right?
Could you compare these to the SVS Prime speakers?

Last time I bought speakers was a long time ago, and the "breaking in" part was always questionable for me, so I've always plopped in a CD, put the volume at normal listening setting or just above and leave the house for a few hours and let the loop. I've always heard subtle differences from when I first listened to them and after the "burn in". I'll definitely keep these on my list. They are nice looking speakers, very large. I wonder what's inside though. The crossover. Sound dampening material? Anything like that.
Keep us updated.
Thanks!
post #93 of 848 Old 01-14-2016, 12:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdmarsiii View Post
So I've got a bit more listening into them today, and last night, as well as dumped a couple hundred watts of Krell into them. These things sound incredible. Ignore the small nit picks I have about them, as the benefits and things these things excel at far outweigh any of those. I wouldn't mind paying quadruple what I paid, and would still think I got a deal. Any one on the fence with these things, get them before they raise the price or something.

David
If they did a lousy price guague tactic like that I wouldn't want to give that company my money to begin with. How were they delivered? UPS, FEDEX, are large box carrier like for televisions and washing machines?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 848 Old 01-14-2016, 12:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Spamilton View Post
I was very close to picking these up to audition, but their questionable crossover frequency on their surround / bookshelf speakers put me off. They crossover VERY high indeed at 6500hz, which from what I can gather would be reasonable with a 4" driver, but with a 5" driver is less than optimal; to say the least. I had a thread last week dedicated to trying to figure out why they might have made the design choices they did - and some of you might find it interesting. The legendary Bill Fitzmaurice himself lent his considerable expertise to the discussion.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-spe...crossover.html

As with any speakers, the best way to judge whether or not they're pleasing to you is to audition them in your own space with your own ears. To that end, Fluance offers free shipping (both ways I believe) and a 30 day free trial. Their prices are also fantastic for Canadians in particular as our dollar has tanked, and as a Canadian company their prices are in CAD. Also noteworthy is their offer of a lifetime guarantee on their speakers, though I've not heard of anyone who's availed themselves of it.

Fluance is a subsidiary of CWD, who in turn own the rights to such brands as Electrohome, Citizen (damn their TVs were awful in the 80s, long before CWD took them over) and Magnasonic.

FWIW, several years ago I owned a set of Fluance SX series speakers. The towers sounded very good for the price, IMO - but the surrounds and center weren't so hot.

What kind of crossovers are in these? Seeing the prices are so low I'm assuming they are just standard Chinese made crossovers. Good quality crossovers should last a really long time. Hopefully we will see what's really inside these big boxes!
post #95 of 848 Old 01-14-2016, 01:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opentoe View Post
What kind of crossovers are in these? Seeing the prices are so low I'm assuming they are just standard Chinese made crossovers. Good quality crossovers should last a really long time. Hopefully we will see what's really inside these big boxes!
Where do you get Chinese made from? These are Canadian speakers manufactured in Canada.
post #96 of 848 Old 01-14-2016, 05:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 623 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrussell View Post
Klipsch and EMP Tek towers are opposite sides of the coin. Since you are use to a high energy top end, you are not going to find that on the R55Ti. This can be a plus or minus depending upon what you seek in a speaker. It doesn’t matter if your Klipsch are over 10 years old. But I do encourage you to go out and audition other speakers. You may either may come away with more respect for your speakers, or find something that nicely surprises you.
I assume you mean that Klipsch emphasizes the top end. These speakers go really low and go really high. However, I do get fatigued after a while of music listening. I listen to classical, jazz, vocals such as Pink Martini, Loreena McKennitt, as well as Pink Floyd, Daft Punk, and a whole bunch more. No rap, or country. I am using a NAD T775HD receiver that is well made and delivers a ton of power. I will probably stick with my Klipsch for now and watch this thread for more reviews. I used to have the Klipsch fronts pointed directly at the listener (toed in). I reduced the toe in so that the horns are not directly pointed at me and the fatigue reduced. So, may be the direction change helped.
post #97 of 848 Old 01-14-2016, 05:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2263 Post(s)
Liked: 3109
Quote:
I assume you mean that Klipsch emphasizes the top end. These speakers go really low and go really high. However, I do get fatigued after a while of music listening. I listen to classical, jazz, vocals such as Pink Martini, Loreena McKennitt, as well as Pink Floyd, Daft Punk, and a whole bunch more. No rap, or country. I am using a NAD T775HD receiver that is well made and delivers a ton of power. I will probably stick with my Klipsch for now and watch this thread for more reviews. I used to have the Klipsch fronts pointed directly at the listener (toed in). I reduced the toe in so that the horns are not directly pointed at me and the fatigue reduced. So, may be the direction change helped.
Yes, a bright top end, which can work very well with movies. Different models may be more fatiguing than other models. Klipsch makes some nice speakers (I go back to the Klipschorn days, which I thought were pretty impressive, but huge speakers). Toeing yours outward a bit so your listening position is off-axis was a smart move. The EMPs are on the warm side. May work well if you have a fairly bright room, but probably too warm if you have thick carpeting. They’ve worked well for me in my semi-bright room (movie and TV only).

You might want to check out the SVS Prime speakers. I believe they too are a bit on the bright side, but less so than the Klipsch. With SVS you have a 45-day trial period (risk-free as SVS pays all shipping charges to and from your home). Nothing like a free audition (after SVS rebates your money when sending them back).

Music area: Magnepan 3.6, McIntosh MC2205 amp & C48 preamp, SVS SB13-Ultra, Oppo BDP 95, dbx 3BX, and assorted equipment.
Movie area: EMP Tek E5Bi (were rebadged to R5Bi), RBH/EMP Tek R55Ti, PSA S3000i, Denon X2000, Oppo BDP 83.

Last edited by dsrussell; 01-14-2016 at 05:45 PM.
post #98 of 848 Old 01-14-2016, 05:53 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I just looked in the ports, they have a netted guard on the inside of them, and there is acoustuff. You can barely see the bottom of the bottom woofer basket. The whole front baffle isn't 1.4" thick, you can see where that ends under the bottom woofer.
post #99 of 848 Old 01-14-2016, 08:37 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Hello all. I have a VERY OLDSCHOOL system..lol. I've been running infinity beta 50's, svs pb 12 + 2, integra 50.4. fluaunce bipole sides, Onkyo rears, (had from a HTIB as fronts). I like my sound, but as we often do, we try to tweek it or make improvements by any means necessary. If someone could chime in & give me their opinion on if it would be a substantial improvement to upgrade from the 50's to the Fluaunce's or any other speaker That's comparable. I expect to get opinions so please don't be shy..lol. Remember, I know the 50's aren't audiophile speakers but they serve me well. I'm looking at the Fluaunce's, elac's, & other speakers along those companies top of line model's price point.

Thanks in advance...
post #100 of 848 Old 01-15-2016, 07:04 AM

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Definitely interested in the listening reviews on these. I currently have a pair of Fluance bi-pole surrounds (XLBP) - I had the smaller ones before these - and I think they are very nice. The rest of my speakers (L/C/R + bookshelves as front height) are Boston Acoustics, which I picked up cheap to start my system. I've been looking to upgrade, and strongly leaning toward Axiom.

But, loving the look of these new SS from Fluance, and the price surely is nice - especially for those of us in Canada.

Boston Acoustics Classic series L/C/R + front presence; Fluance XLBP Bipole surrounds; 2 x PSA XS15se
Yamaha RX-A3040; 3 x Emotiva XPA-100; Emotiva BAS-X A500
Oppo BDP-103D
post #101 of 848 Old 01-15-2016, 07:18 AM

Okay, so I thought the prices on their website were Canadian $$?? But, when I added some to my cart to check the validity of the discount code, it came up as USD? For anyone located in Canada that has ordered these, what price did you pay???

Boston Acoustics Classic series L/C/R + front presence; Fluance XLBP Bipole surrounds; 2 x PSA XS15se
Oppo BDP-103D
post #102 of 848 Old 01-15-2016, 09:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked: 88
after 10 hours of listening to the floor standers:

Here are my early impressions: ......... They remind me alot of the B&W diamond series, hyper detailed,fast,exceptionally clean and clear, i can hear so many more details and the instruments stand out in a big way in direct comparison with my R55TI's...........more to come..... I can't believe they sound this good for this money to be perfectly honest,they sound like a smaller scaled down version of the B&W 802 Diamond with less bass performance and a smaller soundstage. It is still very early and i will have more impressions but so far these speakers seem to have no flaws.......and they sound spectacular.

Also after hours of listening and constant switching back and forth to compare to the R55TI's with my favorite complex recordings. The signature floorstanders seems to offer better bass across the board, a much clearer sharper/focused sound image top to bottom and i was able to hear a lot of detail's that were glossed over before or just plain inaudble on the R55TI's.

The build quality is also amazing it has the dark walnut look of the sonus faber olympia series and the piano black front of the b&w diamond series, hell it even has a yellow colored midrange driver just like the diamond series, so considering this and the style of the sound i can tell this was prolly the speaker line these speakers were inspired by.
Taking Notes! likes this.
post #103 of 848 Old 01-15-2016, 11:13 AM

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Murderousone View Post
Also after hours of listening and constant switching back and forth to compare to the R55TI's with my favorite complex recordings. The signature floorstanders seems to offer better bass across the board, a much clearer sharper/focused sound image top to bottom and i was able to hear a lot of detail's that were glossed over before or just plain inaudble on the R55TI's.

Impressive!
I consider the R55ti as being a very detailed speaker for its price range!

Cheers,
Kurt (aka KEW)
post #104 of 848 Old 01-15-2016, 11:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Quoted: 2268 Post(s)
Liked: 1567
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC2011 View Post
Definitely interested in the listening reviews on these. I currently have a pair of Fluance bi-pole surrounds (XLBP) - I had the smaller ones before these - and I think they are very nice. The rest of my speakers (L/C/R + bookshelves as front height) are Boston Acoustics, which I picked up cheap to start my system. I've been looking to upgrade, and strongly leaning toward Axiom.

But, loving the look of these new SS from Fluance, and the price surely is nice - especially for those of us in Canada.
Quote:
Okay, so I thought the prices on their website were Canadian $$?? But, when I added some to my cart to check the validity of the discount code, it came up as USD? For anyone located in Canada that has ordered these, what price did you pay???
Prices are in US dollars. Fluance SS towers are $700 us dollars a pair. You thought about axioms? I do have axioms in my system and they do sound good with my gear and in my room but I paid much less back in 2004 and not much has changed in axioms today other than newer versions in the same enclosure. Would I buy axioms today? Probably not since the price really went up $600 more for the pair since 2004 so they are not the value speaker they once were. Please demo and listen to speakers within your budget. Tell us your budget you want to spend and what other equipment you have. You may very well find that you do not need to spend a lot to make big improvement to your current system.

Sony 45es | 120 inch screen | Panasonic BDT500 | Rotel RMB-1075 | Rotel RMB-1077 | Rotel RSP-1068 | Klipsch RP-280F/RP-450C/RP-160M (x4) | Funk Audio subs (x2) | MiniDSP 2x4HD | Crowson D-501/Shadow-8 Actuators (x2) | Monster Power Conditioner | GIK acoustic panels
post #105 of 848 Old 01-15-2016, 11:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I think prices are listed in USD by default. Don't forget that %10 discount code too.
post #106 of 848 Old 01-15-2016, 11:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubtoad View Post
Where do you get Chinese made from? These are Canadian speakers manufactured in Canada.
While they may be "manufactured" is Canada it is highly likely the crossovers and drivers are from China or Malaysia. Just a guess, seeing how the prices are so low. Eventually someone will do an autopsy on these and see what's really in there.

I know if someone orders them, the last thing they want to do is open them up.

I live in the US and I remember years ago products use to say, "Made in the USA". These days you see, "Made in the USA with foreign parts". Or the most prevalent one, "Made in China". Unfortunately the country I live in doesn't manufacture anything anymore. Cheap labor costs, tax breaks and greed has in my opinion ruined the US economy- at least for the majority of the working class. Have to move this content to another post if we're gonna continue on this.
post #107 of 848 Old 01-15-2016, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ereed View Post
Prices are in US dollars. Fluance SS towers are $700 us dollars a pair. You thought about axioms? I do have axioms in my system and they do sound good with my gear and in my room but I paid much less back in 2004 and not much has changed in axioms today other than newer versions in the same enclosure. Would I buy axioms today? Probably not since the price really went up $600 more for the pair since 2004 so they are not the value speaker they once were. Please demo and listen to speakers within your budget. Tell us your budget you want to spend and what other equipment you have. You may very well find that you do not need to spend a lot to make big improvement to your current system.
Well, that makes them slightly less appealing, considering I thought it was Canadian (I was sure it used to be Canadian, but whatever). Still liking the look of them.

I haven't really established a hard budget for speakers. I could afford more expensive stuff, but I'm reluctant to pay for stuff that I likely wouldn't see much difference from. I'm looking for bang for the buck. Not married to any particular brand. Don't really have the ability to listen to much in my area - only 1 local dealer (not counting Best Buy!) and they sell only Paradigm and Bryston. Couple hours drive away is a dealer with B&W. I keep an eye on the Axiom website and they often have good deals on B-stock or refurb stuff, although hit and miss.

My current Boston's seem like decent speakers - I bought them on closeout when dealer stopped selling the line, so they retailed for double what I paid for them.

I don't have a dedicated room, and it's not a high end system. Gear is listed in my signature. HT and TV watching, mostly. Basically only music listening is streaming Sonos connected to my system and I always listen in multi-channel surround mode, not 2-ch.

Oppo BDP-103D
post #108 of 848 Old 01-15-2016, 11:49 AM

Quote:
I think prices are listed in USD by default. Don't forget that %10 discount code too.

Yeah, I put the 5-speaker system in my cart (this saves an additional $50 over buying them separate) and that $70-off code works against that as well, so that helps a bit. But I have to pay 13% sales tax on top, and then convert that to Canadian, so total price for all that comes in around $1,400 CAD. I'd probably want to get the matching bi-pole surrounds as well, maybe move the XLBP's to the rear.

Definitely not a terrible price for a full system, just seems like a lot more because I had assumed/thought that the prices were listed in CAD.

Oppo BDP-103D
post #109 of 848 Old 01-15-2016, 11:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taking Notes! View Post
Impressive!
I consider the R55ti as being a very detailed speaker for its price range!
It really is, man to be honest i was shocked. That's why i did so many back to back comparisons with my r55ti's because i was hearing things i had never heard before. These speakers are performing on a very very high level, it is still very early so i don't want to jump to any conclusions......but i can honestly say at this point these speakers are spectacular.
Taking Notes! likes this.
post #110 of 848 Old 01-15-2016, 12:02 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 8
What is this code that we speak of?
post #111 of 848 Old 01-15-2016, 12:11 PM

Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
While they may be "manufactured" is Canada it is highly likely the crossovers and drivers are from China or Malaysia. Just a guess, seeing how the prices are so low. Eventually someone will do an autopsy on these and see what's really in there.

I know if someone orders them, the last thing they want to do is open them up.

I live in the US and I remember years ago products use to say, "Made in the USA". These days you see, "Made in the USA with foreign parts". Or the most prevalent one, "Made in China". Unfortunately the country I live in doesn't manufacture anything anymore. Cheap labor costs, tax breaks and greed has in my opinion ruined the US economy- at least for the majority of the working class. Have to move this content to another post if we're gonna continue on this.

It is quite amusing how people claim that USA does not produce anything. Just cause jeans, sneakers and electronics is made in Asia it does not mean that good old US does not produce anything. You would be quite surprised how much is actually made in US and how much is designed and engineered in US. World changed and what is important is high tech, biochemistry and etc. Not making sneakers and assembling iPhones. That can be done in Asia for cheap... This "ruined the US economy" statements are simply not true. Cheap labor does not make your economy strong... US is still largest economy in the world and going strong. Simple Google search: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...y_GDP_(nominal) .

Gross domestic product is a simple way to measure US "ruined" economy... Please...
chadsmith013 likes this.
post #112 of 848 Old 01-15-2016, 12:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 623 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Murderousone View Post
It really is, man to be honest i was shocked. That's why i did so many back to back comparisons with my r55ti's because i was hearing things i had never heard before. These speakers are performing on a very very high level, it is still very early so i don't want to jump to any conclusions......but i can honestly say at this point these speakers are spectacular.
Did you get only the fronts or 5 speakers including the center channel. If you got the center channel, what do you think of that?
post #113 of 848 Old 01-15-2016, 12:53 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 112
I have the entry level Fluance speakers and only paid about 300 bucks for the whole set including adding an additional set of the entry level Bipole speakers for surrounds. For that kind of money they sound fabulous, and I can only imagine what these must sound like and has me seriously thinking about them for the next upgrade I do in my theater. I do have one question though - do these things come with grills for all of the speakers? I think I've only seen one pic of the towers that have a grill on them. I'm not really a fan of the yellow midranges and I'd like to have a little protection from my little one's fingers wanting to poke the tweeters.
post #114 of 848 Old 01-15-2016, 01:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1916 Post(s)
Liked: 2058
Hopefully we can pick one or the other of these two Fluance Signature speaker threads and make it "the one" thread for this speaker line. Always nice to have one spot to come for impressions!
Sounds like the speaker is getting good review so far? Would the speaker be considered slightly warm, slightly bright or fairly neutral? The EMP, IMHO, are neutral for most of the FR with a slightly recessed high end, which makes them seem just a little bit warm. Audessey EQ will correct the recessed highs nicely on the EMP, just wondering what type of correction Audessy applies to the Fluance speakers?

Set up #1: EMP e5Ti, e5Ci, and EMP e5Bi surrounds, Outlaw LFM1 Plus sub, SVS NSD SB12 sub, Marantz Slimeline 1504 AV receiver
Set up #2: Def Tech SM450, CLR2002, SLS Qline surrounds and EMPtek10i10i sub, Denon 1910 AV receiver
Set up #3: Philharmonics- BMR in a 2.0 system, music only, Yamaha RXV-363 AV receiver
post #115 of 848 Old 01-15-2016, 02:36 PM

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by G I Joe View Post
Hello all. I have a VERY OLDSCHOOL system..lol. I've been running infinity beta 50's, svs pb 12 + 2, integra 50.4. fluaunce bipole sides, Onkyo rears, (had from a HTIB as fronts). I like my sound, but as we often do, we try to tweek it or make improvements by any means necessary. If someone could chime in & give me their opinion on if it would be a substantial improvement to upgrade from the 50's to the Fluaunce's or any other speaker That's comparable. I expect to get opinions so please don't be shy..lol. Remember, I know the 50's aren't audiophile speakers but they serve me well. I'm looking at the Fluaunce's, elac's, & other speakers along those companies top of line model's price point.

Thanks in advance...
Quite honestly, if you are happy with what you have and everything works, it would be prudent for you to wait just a few more weeks. More people will be buying them and comparing them to various other speakers.
Additionally, I know Audioholics has a pair in for review. It may be a few weeks, but they will disassemble the speakers, get photos of crossovers (if practical), and measure frequency response.
Often it is best to wait for the initial buzz to fade. Use time to your advantage!
dsrussell likes this.

Cheers,
Kurt (aka KEW)
post #116 of 848 Old 01-15-2016, 02:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Did you get only the fronts or 5 speakers including the center channel. If you got the center channel, what do you think of that?
I only got the Towers.....so i can't comment on the center
post #117 of 848 Old 01-15-2016, 05:11 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Curious to hear impressions of the bookshelf considering the crossover they used vs. the tower.

Viewsonic PX800HD | 100” Snowhite UST Screen | Pioneer Elite LX-503 | HDFury Diva | 7.2.4 Surround | Sony Core Series LCR + Atmos | Cambridge Min 12 Side Surrounds | Monoprice Rear Atmos Surrounds | Bic V1020 x2
post #118 of 848 Old 01-15-2016, 05:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Well, that makes them slightly less appealing, considering I thought it was Canadian (I was sure it used to be Canadian, but whatever). Still liking the look of them.

I haven't really established a hard budget for speakers. I could afford more expensive stuff, but I'm reluctant to pay for stuff that I likely wouldn't see much difference from. I'm looking for bang for the buck. Not married to any particular brand. Don't really have the ability to listen to much in my area - only 1 local dealer (not counting Best Buy!) and they sell only Paradigm and Bryston. Couple hours drive away is a dealer with B&W. I keep an eye on the Axiom website and they often have good deals on B-stock or refurb stuff, although hit and miss.

My current Boston's seem like decent speakers - I bought them on closeout when dealer stopped selling the line, so they retailed for double what I paid for them.

I don't have a dedicated room, and it's not a high end system. Gear is listed in my signature. HT and TV watching, mostly. Basically only music listening is streaming Sonos connected to my system and I always listen in multi-channel surround mode, not 2-ch.
The most bag for the buck will definetly be ID brands such as emp tek, elac, etc. You have nice emotiva and oppo equipment. Better quality speakers will make the system better but only you can decide how much better you want it. I know you didn't specify a budget you still need to tell us what you don't like about your boston speakers and what you want to improve on.....such as clarity, more punch, deeper bass, more high end tremble, etc. Saying you want best bang for buck can mean many things to people. Only way to try it is demo the speakers in your home and many ID companies have free shippig and return policy. With axiom I believe you pay for shipping. Give us a budget and we can tell you what speakers fit and could be good match with your equipment.

May I ask why you don't listen to music in 2 channel mode? I find it to sound better than multichannel when listening unless its a concert dvd or recorded in multi channel.
dsrussell and yanks1 like this.

Sony 45es | 120 inch screen | Panasonic BDT500 | Rotel RMB-1075 | Rotel RMB-1077 | Rotel RSP-1068 | Klipsch RP-280F/RP-450C/RP-160M (x4) | Funk Audio subs (x2) | MiniDSP 2x4HD | Crowson D-501/Shadow-8 Actuators (x2) | Monster Power Conditioner | GIK acoustic panels
post #119 of 848 Old 01-15-2016, 05:57 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by amcbeef3388 View Post
What is this code that we speak of?
the code is "signature70". I just bought a pair for $630... $689.84 out the door and I'm a WA state resident.
post #120 of 848 Old 01-15-2016, 07:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilweezl View Post
the code is "signature70". I just bought a pair for $630... $689.84 out the door and I'm a WA state resident.
Can't wait to hear your impressions along with pics!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page