AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   Speakers (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-speakers/)
-   -   Fluance Rolls Out Signature Series Tower (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-speakers/2266234-fluance-rolls-out-signature-series-tower.html)

imagic 12-29-2015 11:30 AM

Fluance Rolls Out Signature Series Tower

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/imageh...2df244b79f.jpg

****Update, I have a pair on the way for review. - Mark****

Press release:

"NIAGARA FALLS, ON – (Dec. 29, 2015) – Fluance, engineers of Serious Performance, audiophile approved home theater systems and speakers, has released its new flagship line of speakers, the Signature Series. The Signature Series is a testament to the performance that can be achieved when a passion for music takes center stage. The high performance line of speakers were engineered to create a listening experience like none other and ensures everyone can experience audio in its truest form.

Fluance has taken its meticulous engineering, craftsmanship and premium components from its other high performance speakers, such as the critically-acclaimed XL7F speakers, and elevated it to create this home audio powerhouse. At the heart of the Signature Series Floorstanding Speakers are powerful dual 8” woofers, which are a unique addition that are only found in competing systems that are more than twice the price. The 8” long throw woofers’ massive bass extension results in a low frequency bass performance that is clean, deep and controlled. It has been measured, tested and perfected to cover the entire audible frequency range starting at a low 35Hz to ensure concert quality performances for years to come.

The Signature Series features ultra-high-end Neodymium tweeters that produce high frequencies with captivating clarity and spacious imaging. They are designed to deliver the music’s finest details and reproduce every high note perfectly. The Series’ unique midrange pointed dome prompts soundwaves to travel directly from the center of the speaker’s woven glass fiber cone for an enhanced soundstage, guaranteeing every song is replicated from the original record.

“We embarked on this audio journey with the idea of achieving perfect balance, as if the listener were sitting in a concert-hall listening to their favorite artist,” said Deepak Jain, President of Fluance. “We want our customers to hear their music and movies in a way they have never experienced. Our goal is to help them discover the details in their audio they never knew existed.”

Fluance is a master of design, incorporating audio-grade wood in several of its speakers that are both aesthetically pleasing and performance enhancing. The Signature Series takes it a step further, with every fine detail cleverly engineered for the sole purpose of achieving superb audio reproduction. The Signature Series is designed with precision-crafted cabinets made with audio-grade wood to create a warm, distortion-free sound, making the speakers acoustically inert. The speaker is designed to significantly decrease sound diffraction through solid 1.4 inch thick front baffle bears chamfered edges. Additional premium design features include high end binding posts, big cabinet design, outriggers and a bullet pointed midrange driver to assist in upper midrange frequencies.

The Signature Series are available now in Black Ash or Natural Walnut for $699.99 at Fluance.com.

Tech Specs:

System Type: 3 way - 4 driver floor standing main speakers
Tweeter: 1 inch Neodymium balanced silk dome Ferro fluid cooled
Midrange: 5 inch woven glass fiber butyl rubber surrounds separate enclosures
Woofer: Dual 8 inch polypropylene butyl rubber surrounds separate enclosures
Power Handling: 90 - 200 watts
Frequency Response: 35Hz - 20KHz
Sensitivity: 90 dB
Crossover Frequency: 1200/2300 Hz phase coherent - PCB mounted circuitry
Impendence: 8 Ohm compatible
Enclosure: Tuned rear port bass reflex tower design dampened
Dimensions: 47.24 x 10.9 x 15.4 inch
Weight: 62.4 pounds/speaker"

Transmaniacon 12-30-2015 05:26 AM

I am curious to see how these sound, so much competition in this price range now!

Elihawk 12-30-2015 10:04 AM

And what I have heard from Fluance to date, well, they don't stand out!

ereed 12-30-2015 01:22 PM

New Fluance speakers!

Been reading up on speakers under $1000 per pair and I was thinking about trying out Emp Tek to replace my current speakers and then I see this! http://fluance.com/product/Signature...t.eng-177.html
I've heard of fluance speakers as surrounds but didn't know they had towers like that. With same price as emp teks I wonder how these will stack up. Seeing something new just gets me excited. Anyone know about these speakers or heard it?

ereed 12-30-2015 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ereed (Post 40166442)
Been reading up on speakers under $1000 per pair and I was thinking about trying out Emp Tek to replace my current speakers and then I see this! http://fluance.com/product/Signature...t.eng-177.html
I've heard of fluance speakers as surrounds but didn't know they had towers like that. With same price as emp teks I wonder how these will stack up. Seeing something new just gets me excited. Anyone know about these speakers or heard it?

Kind of weird how their binding posts are, will make cables harder to hide away. But those dual 8s! Wow!

ereed 12-30-2015 01:58 PM

I just started a thread on Fluance cause I didn't see this one. I'm excited to see how the new towers stack up against the competition at under $1000 from likes of emp tek, wharfedales, etc. Specs and price look very good. Now we just need to hear how it sounds!

ereed 12-30-2015 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elihawk (Post 40159914)
And what I have heard from Fluance to date, well, they don't stand out!

Stand out as in looks or sound?

bigmixx 12-31-2015 05:46 PM

I'm excited about these. Hoping they truly improved upon the XL.

People seem to think price reflects quality of sound but Fluance doesn't fit that mold. I have an SX set for the last 10-11 years and they are awesome. Still sound great.

I'm looking to build out my budget theater in my basement and I was leaning toward Klipsch this time but might give the Signature a go.

Gmash 12-31-2015 09:49 PM

"Audio-grade wood"? What does that mean? Lol

larryfdx 01-04-2016 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gmash (Post 40206962)
"Audio-grade wood"? What does that mean? Lol

I'm guessing MDF like everyone else!

Opentoe 01-05-2016 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larryfdx (Post 40306738)

For $1000 you get a complete 5 speaker system, free shipping, 30 day trial and free return shipping if you are unhappy. I already know the physical speakers themselves probably cost $200 or less. I know home audio stuff has the biggest mark up prices of any electronics, so finally seeing prices get lower will only make the competition drop prices. If these speakers sound good, you really can't go wrong with the $1000 package. You don't even really need a subwoofer if you don't mind 35hz. The SVS Prime package similar to this one is 600 bucks more. But what really sounds better? The Fluance freq chart I saw online looks very promising. These are heavy, large speakers. The L/R are 60LBS each! I've been hesitating since last summer to purchase a speaker set, and these might do me justice. Just need some real world results and reviews.

Please post and real world reviews you may have here.

Opentoe 01-05-2016 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larryfdx (Post 40306738)

For $1000 you get a complete 5 speaker system, free shipping, 30 day trial and free return shipping if you are unhappy. I already know the physical speakers themselves probably cost $200 or less. I know home audio stuff has the biggest mark up prices of any electronics, so finally seeing prices get lower will only make the competition drop prices. If these speakers sound good, you really can't go wrong with the $1000 package. You don't even really need a subwoofer if you don't mind 35hz. The SVS Prime package similar to this one is 600 bucks more. But what really sounds better? The Fluance freq chart I saw online looks very promising. These are heavy, large speakers. The L/R are 60LBS each! I've been hesitating since last summer to purchase a speaker set, and these might do me justice. Just need some real world results and reviews.

EDIT: I see a lot of double posts on here, and I can see why. If you are on the threads last page and start writing a response in the QUICK REPLY response box then click on POST QUICK REPLY it doesn't indicate a post was made, so you are still looking at the editor thinking your post never went through. So the logical thing to do is click on SUBMIT, and there you have a double post. Please have the QUICK REPLY box removed completely, or make sure when someone uses it there is a SUBMIT POST button available to click after editing.

The Murderousone 01-05-2016 03:03 PM

New Fluance Signature series speaker thread.

They look promising............maybe my next set of speakers........i wonder if they will be able to knock the immortal RBH R55TI's out of the top spot as the bang for buck champ.....no reviews yet.....we will see................

http://fluance.com/product/Signature...s.eng-168.html

The Murderousone 01-05-2016 04:10 PM

The Murderousone 01-05-2016 04:12 PM

http://www.audioholics.com/tower-spe...eakers-preview

audioholics preview............

From the preview

"Good Sounding?

Beyond the aesthetics, there are some clues given to indicate that these will be great sounding, as well as great looking speakers. The midrange features what appears to be a phase plug, which traditionally guides the high-frequency waves out towards the listener, rather than allowing them to interact destructively near the driver. Some phase plugs tend to be more for show rather than having an audible effect, but Fluance specifically calls out this feature indicating that they put as much thought into its function as they did its form. The tweeters sit in a waveguide which should be designed to provide even off-axis response and proper directivity matching with the midrange for a more seamless blend.

Next is the weight; each HFF tower speaker tips the scales at over 60lbs, and even the HFS bookshelf clocks in at almost 10 lbs which is right inline with other quality speakers we’ve seen indicating solid cabinets and good driver magnet structures. In fact, all model specs list cabinets that are acoustically inert and constructed with MDF, however the HFF towers take this a step further by noting that the front baffle is a whopping 1.4” thick to support those two 8” woofers. Rigidity in the front baffle is paramount for improving cabinet stiffness and reducing unwanted resonances, especially since the drivers are countersunk.

Lastly, Fluance provides frequency response graphs that look just as they should. Each speaker shows flat, extended response, especially in the critical mid/high bands. Listed frequency response offers no tolerances, but based on the accompanying graphs, appears to be +/- 10dB. That said, most of the audible range fits in a +/- 3dB listening window."

the preview also has graphs.......

drewTT 01-05-2016 04:46 PM

Wonder why they mounted the terminals up so high?

bpassman 01-05-2016 04:49 PM

1K is worth listen.

Even though I own some good speakers, I have a thing for the value priced line and how much vendors like Fluance pushes the limit on looks, sound and costs. Plus, with a 30 day trial...how could you not give them a listen?

larryfdx 01-06-2016 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Opentoe (Post 40331778)

I agree totally. These are definitely up for consideration for me.

bgtighe23 01-06-2016 01:57 PM

I would love to see some graphs on the speaker's impedance. I plan on getting these to demo whenever I sell my current speakers.

EDIT: As opposed to EmpTek/RBH (Impression Series), Fluance does not currently offer their new Signature series speakers as a single. I just got off the phone with them.

Opentoe 01-06-2016 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgtighe23 (Post 40386274)
I would love to see some graphs on the speaker's impedance. I plan on getting these to demo whenever I sell my current speakers.

EDIT: As opposed to EmpTek/RBH (Impression Series), Fluance does not currently offer their new Signature series speakers as a single. I just got off the phone with them.

I just checked out their website. Their Signature Series LEFT / RIGHT is 699 bucks.

They also sell the same Signature Series package set for $ 999 bucks. So it's basically $ 300 extra for a center and two rear. These do visually look like very nice speakers, wondering the sound!

bgtighe23 01-06-2016 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Opentoe (Post 40390402)
I just checked out their website. Their Signature Series LEFT / RIGHT is 699 bucks.

They also sell the same Signature Series package set for $ 999 bucks. So it's basically $ 300 extra for a center and two rear. These do visually look like very nice speakers, wondering the sound!

$700 is the price for a pair. Not a single.

Elihawk 01-06-2016 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ereed (Post 40168058)
Stand out as in looks or sound?

Both, but of course I haven't heard this line and any recent releases. The original AV series was very average to below par, however, in fairness maybe a good buy for the price. I also heard the first generation XL speaker and wasn't impressed. Again, these may very well be very improved, but not for me as they are already on two strikes with me, so...

The Murderousone 01-06-2016 05:47 PM

Think i might pull the trigger on these soon..........the more i look at them and their features build quality etc.....the more i'm impressed .........

toddman36 01-06-2016 07:19 PM

Only 999.99 for a 5 speaker setup. Not to shabby imo...

The Murderousone 01-07-2016 05:37 PM

did not know there was a offical thread already...........carry on

rdmarsiii 01-07-2016 05:41 PM

Well my pair came today. Just got them set up. First impressions so far.... they do sound good, bass heavy though. And the woodgrain is vinyl, not veneer. Also, the phase plug is stationary, not just a cheap looking dust cap like I was afraid of. The sides are......thin. Very thin and hollow sounding if knocked on. The outriggers are nice and heavy. Grills are made out of mdf, not plastic. I'll keep adding to this if I can think of anything else someone might would ask...

ld100 01-07-2016 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdmarsiii (Post 40430458)
Well my pair came today. Just got them set up. First impressions so far.... they do sound good, bass heavy though. And the woodgrain is vinyl, not veneer. Also, the phase plug is stationary, not just a cheap looking dust cap like I was afraid of. The sides are......thin. Very thin and hollow sounding if knocked on. The outriggers are nice and heavy. Grills are made out of mdf, not plastic. I'll keep adding to this if I can think of anything else someone might would ask...

How do they sound in details as much as you can. Please!!

rdmarsiii 01-07-2016 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ld100 (Post 40432994)
How do they sound in details as much as you can. Please!!

They definitely do dig deep. The tweeter is continuously opening up, or maybe I'm just getting used to it. I don't get why the midrange has such a narrow window though, operating from 1200-2300hz. Its been about two hours or so now with continuous play, and the image is getting a bit sweeter. At first there were hints of a bit of peakiness, as far as I can tell that's gone away. Ask away and I can try to answer as best as I can.

amcbeef3388 01-07-2016 07:30 PM

Compare to anything you've heard yet?

rdmarsiii 01-07-2016 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amcbeef3388 (Post 40433690)
Compare to anything you've heard yet?

In regards to what? Other towers? Bookshelf speakers?

They do have a different signature that I can't quite place. They are clear and warm, but not bright. If that makes any sense at all.