7.1 Speaker Set for the Yamaha RX-V677 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 02-14-2016, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Smile 7.1 Speaker Set for the Yamaha RX-V677

I am looking to build a home cinema within a (7m x 4m) room, and I've been wandering over amazon to find a good product suitable to that room.

So far I found this amplifier (Yamaha RX-V677) , and i think it would be a great fit to that size
1) Any idea if it would be sufficient to provide a true home theater experience?
2) If yes, What set of speakers would you recommend? I'd rather get something extra loud to simulate an experience closest to that in the cinema.
I think my budget should be around 1200$ for the speaker set

This is my first post to this forum, and I am looking forward to hear your feedback
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-14-2016, 08:12 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamza A A. View Post
I am looking to build a home cinema within a (7m x 4m) room, and I've been wandering over amazon to find a good product suitable to that room.

So far I found this amplifier (Yamaha RX-V677) , and i think it would be a great fit to that size
1) Any idea if it would be sufficient to provide a true home theater experience?
2) If yes, What set of speakers would you recommend? I'd rather get something extra loud to simulate an experience closest to that in the cinema.
I think my budget should be around 1200$ for the speaker set

This is my first post to this forum, and I am looking forward to hear your feedback
Thanks
Welcome,

For HT, check out Klipsch reference premier, SVS, and Paradigm. The Klipsch in particular have very high sensitivity so the Rxv677 should have no problem driving them. For lower sensitivity speakers, you might need a more powerful AVR. A decent subwoofer is a must as well, e.g., SVS, HSU, the new Klipsch reference premier subwoofers have also been reviewed favourably.

Also, do you think you'll ever want to upgrade to Dolby ATMOS. If so, maybe you'll want to get a receiver that already has that capability now. If you're like me, the upgrade bug will strike sooner or later

Similarly for EQ'ing subwoofer's. Don't think the Yamaha YPAO RSC equalizes down to 20 hz. If you want that smooth bass response, Audyssey will be in a better position to achieve that. Audyssey is typically available in Denon and Marantz - maybe worth a look.

Good luck!
post #3 of 6 Old 02-15-2016, 04:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 886 Post(s)
Liked: 420
that is a tight budget for a large room

you may want to look at 3.1 or 2.1 to start and add to it as funds become available

TV- Samsung 55" UHD (UN55JU6500FXZA)
service - directv
Receiver - Denon AVR-X2100W,
Speakers -F L/R - Infinity Primus P363, C - Infinity Primus PC351
Sub - Klipsch Sub-12HG
(slow build out)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 02-15-2016, 05:33 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thank for for the suggestion...

I came up on this also (I cant use links yet so just look it up on google)
Denon AVR-S910W 7.2 Channel Full 4K Ultra HD A/V Receiver + A Polk Audio TSi Series Home Theater Speaker Package (TSi 400, TSi 100, CS10 & PSW125)

What do you think?
post #5 of 6 Old 02-15-2016, 06:48 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
with that budget i would upgrade the avr, say the onkyo TX-NR838 from accessories 4less and then check your local craigslist or ebay for quality speakers.. paying retail is definitely not the way to go if you're on a budget and you can really find nice speakers for a fraction of the retail costs..
post #6 of 6 Old 02-15-2016, 07:15 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1329 Post(s)
Liked: 1454
What country do you live in?

I second the Klipsch Reference Premiere speakers for your room.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
7.1 , small room , speakers , value for money , Yamaha

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page