The Official JBL Professional Thread - Page 16 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 241Likes

post #451 of 512 Old 08-23-2017, 03:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 494 Post(s)
Liked: 980
Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH2369 View Post
Any update on your comparison?
I have them mounted but the rest of the theater is still apart. I did some other upgrades too. Got a pair of JTR Cap 1400's and Acoustimac panels that I have finally hung.

I had a bit of a set back literally with my back. I have fused ankles from a motocross wreck and i developed Sciatica over the years from the flat footed nature of a fused ankle. I had an MRI done recently cause ive been having some pain down my right leg and it showed my vertebrea is partially collapsing where I had a discectomy down about 3 years ago. Ive started traction therapy and im feeling better and better.

I will for sure report once I get the theater all back together. Heres a pic of the 9310's. Sorry for the low quality of pic from my iPhone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3214.JPG (99.8 KB, 59 views)
skypop and notnyt like this.

JBL Pro Cinema/JTR/JVC/Denon/Oppo/Roku Ultra/Elite Screens/Furman/Seatcraft/Acoustimac/AudioQuest
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 512 Old 08-23-2017, 03:05 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 310 Post(s)
Quoted: 3726 Post(s)
Liked: 3692
post #453 of 512 Old 08-23-2017, 03:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 1166 Post(s)
Liked: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddig View Post
I have them mounted but the rest of the theater is still apart. I did some other upgrades too. Got a pair of JTR Cap 1400's and Acoustimac panels that I have finally hung.

I had a bit of a set back literally with my back. I have fused ankles from a motocross wreck and i developed Sciatica over the years from the flat footed nature of a fused ankle. I had an MRI done recently cause ive been having some pain down my right leg and it showed my vertebrea is partially collapsing where I had a discectomy down about 3 years ago. Ive started traction therapy and im feeling better and better.

I will for sure report once I get the theater all back together. Heres a pic of the 9310's. Sorry for the low quality of pic from my iPhone.
I am really sorry to hear about the health crap you are dealing with and hope you recover quickly.

The room looks nice and cozy for sure.

What are you running for LCR?
Reddig likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #454 of 512 Old 08-23-2017, 03:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Ya ill see after I get them going. They already are angled down but not as much angled down as the 8340a's where. Hard to see in picture. With them I had too much of an angle down so I got these up higher this time and angled so they fire a bit over my head when seated. My ceilings are low. An 6ft 11 in. I put a piece of birch on the wall in each surround location so I can move each surround up or down if needed.

Ill be doing lots of trial and error over the next months but I need to get my back in order first.

JBL Pro Cinema/JTR/JVC/Denon/Oppo/Roku Ultra/Elite Screens/Furman/Seatcraft/Acoustimac/AudioQuest
post #455 of 512 Old 08-23-2017, 03:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I am really sorry to hear about the health crap you are dealing with and hope you recover quickly.

The room looks nice and cozy for sure.

What are you running for LCR?
Thanks a lot Coach, I appreciate it. Dam nerve pain can be really debilitating.

Ya its super dark and cozy now that I just got a very large black shag rug that showed up today that goes from the seats to the front of room right under the screen for total black out. I have a little of my old carpet showing on the sides from screen to the seating so I think I will prolly get either some runners to fill up the small gap on the sides or carpet remnants or something.

Im using JBL 3677s for LCRs.

post #456 of 512 Old 08-23-2017, 03:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Heres a couple more pics to see how the backs are angled. And then my front end. I have stands I made and covered in black felt to put the 3677s on. It raises them up 2ft off the ground to about seated head height. Im very close to completion, at least for now lol.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3222.JPG (95.9 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3223.JPG (80.6 KB, 40 views)
bscool likes this.

post #457 of 512 Old 08-23-2017, 03:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks a lot Coach, I appreciate it. Dam nerve pain can be really debilitating.

Ya its super dark and cozy now that I just got a very large black shag rug that showed up today that goes from the seats to the front of room right under the screen for total black out. I have a little of my old carpet showing on the sides from screen to the seating so I think I will prolly get either some runners to fill up the small gap on the sides or carpet remnants or something.

Im using JBL 3677s for LCRs.
The 3677's are a great speaker. My buddy added those to his theater last year after enjoying the sound of my 4722's.

The darker the walls, the better. We added a TON of velvet to our room last Christmas. The result was pretty awesome!

In the pictures I have attached, the panels on the wall that look "gray" are actually Black GOM AT material...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Resized952017011495214411.jpg (115.0 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg Resized952017011495214812.jpg (100.3 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg Resized952017012195170849.jpg (116.4 KB, 43 views)
Reddig and bscool like this.
post #458 of 512 Old 08-23-2017, 03:54 PM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 801 Post(s)
Liked: 462
Quote:

God bless. I pray you feel better soon.
Reddig likes this.
post #459 of 512 Old 08-23-2017, 04:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
The 3677's are a great speaker. My buddy added those to his theater last year after enjoying the sound of my 4722's.

The darker the walls, the better. We added a TON of velvet to our room last Christmas. The result was pretty awesome!

In the pictures I have attached, the panels on the wall that look "gray" are actually Black GOM AT material...
Dude that looks awesome! Great space you got there and looks great!! The blacker the better indeed. I have everything black but I had to compromise with my wife with the couple of red acoustic panels lol. Love your room tho! Totally awesome.

Ya I really love the 3677's. I have a local theater that has 4722N's in a few of their rooms and in their small rooms they have 3677s. So I got to "kinda" audition both. I say kind of cause we all know that until they are in your room who knows lol. Ive had them for about a year now and I really love them. My subs couldn't keep up with them, I had PSA XV-15s. I think the Caps should give me the headroom im looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LumensLover View Post
God bless. I pray you feel better soon.
Thanks so much LumensLover. Much appreciated.

post #460 of 512 Old 08-25-2017, 12:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Hey @COACH2369 . I had a question and was curious. How far back do you have your 4722's from your screen? Whats the distance between, say, the front of your center to the back of the screen?

I have mine about 6-7 inches for the center and my left and right are toed in towards about my left center seat arm rest for the left and the right center seat arm rest for the right. Thats the best it sounds from all ive tried. With my left and right toed in the edge of each speaker is pretty close to the screen. Once again through trial and error subjectively it sounds best with this toe in for my set up.

Ive tried different distances from the front of the center to the back of the screen and didn't hear a whole lot of difference. I need measuring equipment. I get a general idea from what Audyysey MultEQ32 shows but I think it sounds much more full and dynamic with it turned off used a bit of parametric EQ.

Whats your or any one else's thoughts on this topic. The proper distance surely has to do with both the screen material and type of speaker being used and maybe the speakers dispersion pattern? Just guessing. I don't see it discussed much but I have seen some talk here and there. I guest the best answer is probably trial and error and use what measures best. I need to get a laptop so I can use REW.

The screen material in my Elite electric drop down is woven and Elite called it 1080P2 at the time. Ive had it 3-4 years I think.

Whats your screen Coach?

post #461 of 512 Old 08-25-2017, 03:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hey @COACH2369 . I had a question and was curious. How far back do you have your 4722's from your screen? Whats the distance between, say, the front of your center to the back of the screen?

I have mine about 6-7 inches for the center and my left and right are toed in towards about my left center seat arm rest for the left and the right center seat arm rest for the right. Thats the best it sounds from all ive tried. With my left and right toed in the edge of each speaker is pretty close to the screen. Once again through trial and error subjectively it sounds best with this toe in for my set up.

Ive tried different distances from the front of the center to the back of the screen and didn't hear a whole lot of difference. I need measuring equipment. I get a general idea from what Audyysey MultEQ32 shows but I think it sounds much more full and dynamic with it turned off used a bit of parametric EQ.

Whats your or any one else's thoughts on this topic. The proper distance surely has to do with both the screen material and type of speaker being used and maybe the speakers dispersion pattern? Just guessing. I don't see it discussed much but I have seen some talk here and there. I guest the best answer is probably trial and error and use what measures best. I need to get a laptop so I can use REW.

The screen material in my Elite electric drop down is woven and Elite called it 1080P2 at the time. Ive had it 3-4 years I think.

Whats your screen Coach?
I will attach a picture of my screen wall without the screen up. You will see that the area was designed to accommodate all three 4722's and my dual 24" DSS Marianas while keeping them behind the AT material.

The speakers are only a few inches from the screen and to my ears, everything has sounded amazing....especially since I upgraded the CD's in my 4722's and updated my room treatments. Zero complaints on my front sound stage. The 4722's are a two part speaker, so I was able to do minimally toe in the waveguide/horn every so slightly on the left and right....but not anything substantial.

Currently I am using a Falcon AT screen, Horizon material, but I am going to be switching it out for a Seymour XD screen very soon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160221_131203.jpg (141.2 KB, 46 views)
Reddig likes this.
post #462 of 512 Old 08-25-2017, 05:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I will attach a picture of my screen wall without the screen up. You will see that the area was designed to accommodate all three 4722's and my dual 24" DSS Marianas while keeping them behind the AT material.

The speakers are only a few inches from the screen and to my ears, everything has sounded amazing....especially since I upgraded the CD's in my 4722's and updated my room treatments. Zero complaints on my front sound stage. The 4722's are a two part speaker, so I was able to do minimally toe in the waveguide/horn every so slightly on the left and right....but not anything substantial.

Currently I am using a Falcon AT screen, Horizon material, but I am going to be switching it out for a Seymour XD screen very soon.
Cool. Nice that looks great! Love those Marianas! Looks really cool. Ya I use a lot more toe in then you the 3677 just happen to sound better in my space that way. Great super dynamic looking setup.

I stayed up all night and just hours ago I finished my theater. I did a quick manual calibration and had to change some distance settings since I new surrounds and placed them a bit diffently and it was for the better. I can't express how happy I am at how good the acoustics are now and how amazing the JTR Cap 1400s are! My other subs from HSU and PSA were like toys compared. The Caps have incredible midbass and dig so deep in my cement basement and sound so tight and punchy. I knew they would have great output but they sound wonderful while doing it! Plenty of headroom too. Best subs ive ever owned bar none.

I only did up to round -20db volume fairly low level listening and the Caps are awesome and the new JBL 9310 surround are better at blending and coverage of the room better then my JBL 8340a's did and they timber match better to the 3677. I only did about an hour of listening but the theater has never ever sounded so good. The acoustic panels make the room sound so much bigger and open. Like a completley new room. I need to get some sleep but Im extremely happy with my system. Beats any of my other systems by a land slide. Excited to tune it up even more.

Gunna get some sleep as i have no therapy today lol. Its working im feeling better and better.

Thanks again.

Last edited by Reddig; 08-25-2017 at 05:44 AM.
post #463 of 512 Old 08-25-2017, 07:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Cool. Nice that looks great! Love those Marianas! Looks really cool. Ya I use a lot more toe in then you the 3677 just happen to sound better in my space that way. Great super dynamic looking setup.

I stayed up all night and just hours ago I finished my theater. I did a quick manual calibration and had to change some distance settings since I new surrounds and placed them a bit diffently and it was for the better. I can't express how happy I am at how good the acoustics are now and how amazing the JTR Cap 1400s are! My other subs from HSU and PSA were like toys compared. The Caps have incredible midbass and dig so deep in my cement basement and sound so tight and punchy. I knew they would have great output but they sound wonderful while doing it! Plenty of headroom too. Best subs ive ever owned bar none.

I only did up to round -20db volume fairly low level listening and the Caps are awesome and the new JBL 9310 surround are better at blending and coverage of the room better then my JBL 8340a's did and they timber match better to the 3677. I only did about an hour of listening but the theater has never ever sounded so good. The acoustic panels make the room sound so much bigger and open. Like a completley new room. I need to get some sleep but Im extremely happy with my system. Beats any of my other systems by a land slide. Excited to tune it up even more.

Gunna get some sleep as i have no therapy today lol. Its working im feeling better and better.

Thanks again.
I am happy to hear you are enjoying the sound of the 9310's. IMO, the 8340a's were not that good. They were better than my previous Klipsch surrounds and did a better job keeping up with my JTR's at the time. It was a bit of a shock how much better my surround performance was when I jumped into the SCS8's. Once those were installed, I realized what I was missing. Of course since I only paid $50 per 8340a, I couldn't complain too much.

Subs were another upgrade that made a bigger difference than I thought they would. When I had three of the HSU VTF-15H subs, I thought I was in LFE bliss.....wrong. LOL Those bad boys couldn't keep up with the rest of the system.

Gotta love this hobby!
Reddig likes this.
post #464 of 512 Old 08-25-2017, 02:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I am happy to hear you are enjoying the sound of the 9310's. IMO, the 8340a's were not that good. They were better than my previous Klipsch surrounds and did a better job keeping up with my JTR's at the time. It was a bit of a shock how much better my surround performance was when I jumped into the SCS8's. Once those were installed, I realized what I was missing. Of course since I only paid $50 per 8340a, I couldn't complain too much.

Subs were another upgrade that made a bigger difference than I thought they would. When I had three of the HSU VTF-15H subs, I thought I was in LFE bliss.....wrong. LOL Those bad boys couldn't keep up with the rest of the system.

Gotta love this hobby!
Thanks COACH yes im having a similar experience as you had. I really enjoyed the 8340a's I had and told many people how I thought they were a great surround compared to when I had Chase Sho-10s as surrounds. Now I feel like I was really missing out. These are way less harsh and just sound more refined and a waaaay better waveguide. At least for my setup. I bet the SCS8's sound even better! I was looking at them but were a bit out of my price range to afford dual Caps and 4 of the 9310's.

Ya with the subs too. I guy thinks they are in bass heaven until they get some badboy subs and then its just like you say.....wrong LOL. What a difference a capable good sounding pair of big brawny subs can do. Ive been missing out on alot of midbass as well as the lower dual digits hz I think cause when I put in a test tone disc i was getting great response from 10hz on up past 100hz then I stopped. I think my cement basement gives me lots of room gain on the low end. Im using 80hz crossover for every speaker at the moment as a starting point and I will tweak it more and more.

Indeed my friend you have got to love this hobby! Endless fun and fascination!

post #465 of 512 Old 10-20-2017, 03:51 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Assist needed on JBL 4722N purchase

Hello fellow enthusiasts and happy Friday! I am strongly leaning towards upgrading my current set up with a pair of JBL 4722N's (and I blame this forum for that!). However, I came across these locally and emailed the seller for a comparison and he did not have much information as he was not familiar with the 4722N's. I would greatly appreciate and input on which is the "better" speaker. In regard to cost, the used price is comparable to the new price of a set of 4722-N's. Thanks in advance! I have also attached a pic of the used speakers in question.

JBL 4648A-8 dual 15" VGC low frequency cabinets combined with 2352 Optimized Aperture horns outfitted with the powerful 2447H titanium diaphragm compression drivers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JBL.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	2301858  

Marantz 8802A Processor, Wyred4Sound SX-1000R Monoblocks X 3, Emotiva XPA-7 Gen3 Amp, Oppo 205 Ultra HD/Blu-Ray Player, JVC-DLA RS620U Projector, Dark Energy 127-Inch ALR Screen, Tekton Ulfberht’s Mains, Tekton Ulberht Center, Def-Tech SR8080-BP Surrounds (4), Seaton Submersive F2+ and F2 Slave Subs, Two Seaton F18+'s subs, Power Sound Audio S3010 sub, 4 ADX Maximus Bass Shakers
post #466 of 512 Old 10-22-2017, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KASOFO View Post
Hello fellow enthusiasts and happy Friday! I am strongly leaning towards upgrading my current set up with a pair of JBL 4722N's (and I blame this forum for that!). However, I came across these locally and emailed the seller for a comparison and he did not have much information as he was not familiar with the 4722N's. I would greatly appreciate and input on which is the "better" speaker. In regard to cost, the used price is comparable to the new price of a set of 4722-N's. Thanks in advance! I have also attached a pic of the used speakers in question.

JBL 4648A-8 dual 15" VGC low frequency cabinets combined with 2352 Optimized Aperture horns outfitted with the powerful 2447H titanium diaphragm compression drivers.
old horn, old cd, would avoid. get the 4722s and swap in the 2453h-sl
mitchco likes this.
post #467 of 512 Old 10-23-2017, 03:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Id go with the 4722Ns. Or go active with 4722s.

post #468 of 512 Old 10-23-2017, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Id go with the 4722Ns. Or go active with 4722s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnyt View Post
old horn, old cd, would avoid. get the 4722s and swap in the 2453h-sl
Quote:

Thank you very much for the replies! I am going with your suggestions. Last request, with a show of hands, who is willing to call and break the news to my wife?

Marantz 8802A Processor, Wyred4Sound SX-1000R Monoblocks X 3, Emotiva XPA-7 Gen3 Amp, Oppo 205 Ultra HD/Blu-Ray Player, JVC-DLA RS620U Projector, Dark Energy 127-Inch ALR Screen, Tekton Ulfberht’s Mains, Tekton Ulberht Center, Def-Tech SR8080-BP Surrounds (4), Seaton Submersive F2+ and F2 Slave Subs, Two Seaton F18+'s subs, Power Sound Audio S3010 sub, 4 ADX Maximus Bass Shakers
post #469 of 512 Old 10-23-2017, 05:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thank you very much for the replies! I am going with your suggestions. Last request, with a show of hands, who is willing to call and break the news to my wife?
I'll do it. Just put her on the phone. I will inform her that you are not getting the 5000 series you talked to me about over the weekend. Then she will be relieved how small the 4722's are and you will be golden.
jjackkrash likes this.
post #470 of 512 Old 10-24-2017, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Quote:
I'll do it. Just put her on the phone. I will inform her that you are not getting the 5000 series you talked to me about over the weekend. Then she will be relieved how small the 4722's are and you will be golden.
Coach you are the best! I gave her your direct line and blamed EVERYTHING on you. I explained it was some strange type of mind control! On a serious note, your input was invaluable and really personifies what is so cool about this forum. In my experience, a bunch of super cool, grounded people willing to give valuable input and guidance to their fellow audiophile. Thanks again Coach! You rock!

post #471 of 512 Old 10-28-2017, 06:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1932 Post(s)
Liked: 808
I wonder if JBL will come out with new cinema speakers. The new VTX A12 is getting a rave response from anyone who's listening to them, even from those who generally dislike JBL. However, JBL's cinema speakers are not exactly preferred by many people (except maybe here on AVS). Many pro installers prefer QSC over JBL. I wanted to know if JBL is planning to change that around. If they can make the new VTX A12 sound so good, I wonder if they can produce new cinema speakers with a similar improvement in sound quality.
post #472 of 512 Old 11-14-2017, 10:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Liked: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrellh44 View Post
The 120 deg conical dispersion for the SCS-8s may be too much for the front LCR. It's generally better to have tighter dispersion for the LCR channels, especially in the vertical dimension, and maybe a max of 90 deg horizontal L/R channels.
Crawling around the speaker forum, I've kind of latched onto the idea of using 11 of these for a 7.4 channel setup. What would be the tangible negatives of using such a wide-dispersion speaker for LCRs?

I really like the idea of using 11 identical speakers, and the brackets that these come with offer a perfect solution for mounting the surround and Atmos speakers, all in a package price that would be relatively affordable. I figure that down the road I could always upgrade the front three if I'm not happy with them, but I don't want to spend the money if it'll lead to immediate disatification.

Scott

post #473 of 512 Old 03-07-2018, 08:20 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 515 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Just checking in.

I've been loving my 3677 LCRs so very much since I've got them. Had them a few months now. Them along with the 8340a surrounds are a dynamite combo. Got my dual PSA subs sounding great too.

It's such a joy having my theater sound the way I've wanted it to sound. Satisfaction after years of trial and error. My wife loves the upgraded system too and comments frequently how much better and exciting our theater sounds as a whole. We've been just gorgeing ourselves with movies in our free time. Life is good.😀
How would you compare JBL Pro 9310 vs 8340s vs 8320s for use as surrounds?
post #474 of 512 Old 03-07-2018, 08:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 515 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:

Gotta love this hobby!
Can SCS 8 be mounted in ceiling or in a column for surround/atmos use?
post #475 of 512 Old 03-07-2018, 09:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonstopdoc1 View Post

Sure,but they're about 13" deep with the mounting bracket. I have mine on the ceiling for Atmos and on the side walls for left and right surrounds,great sounding speakers that are becoming more and more difficult to find,I'm thinking about finding a extra pair just to have in case something happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 Channel: Fi 2A3 mono's,Hovland HP100,Technics SP10MK2/SME/Benz....HT:126" Seymour AT Screen,JBL Studio 590's for LCR, Side and Rear Surrounds. Jbl SCS8'S for Fr Heights, and Rear Heights,2 Epik Empire Subs,2 Behringer B1200D Midbass Subs,Marantz 7702MK2,Proceed Amp-5,Outlaw 7125,Panasonic UB820 ,Toshiba HD35,JVC RS600. Black Velvet.
post #476 of 512 Old 03-07-2018, 12:27 PM

Mentioned: 391 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5492 Post(s)
Liked: 5304
Quote:
You could also just use the Control 328c which is the same drivers, but designed to go in-wall...
jjackkrash likes this.

European Models do not accept banana plugs
Belly of the Beast: Bass Bunker Theater
post #477 of 512 Old 03-07-2018, 12:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
When I ordered the 9310's the JBL rep told me they are the replacement for the 8350a. They share the same woofer and have similar specs. In comparison I would say the 8340a and the 9310 sound more similar then different. I happen to like the way the 9310 blends with my 3677's better then when I had the 8340a's. They also have better seat to seat coverage in my space. I like the new 2520 mounting bracket better too as it has more adjustments.

Im not a fan of the 8320's as they use a horn loaded soft dome tweeter instead of a compression driver. Both the 8340a and 9310 are great surrounds IMO. For a higher resolution speaker the SC8's are a great surround from what I have heard from others. I have not heard them myself.

post #478 of 512 Old 03-07-2018, 04:31 PM

Quote:
8320 is a toy (small cone and dome), 8340 is oldschool. 9310 is in a different league. It's also much larger than the 8320. The closest in the 8 series would be the 8350, which shares the m110-8 woofer, except the 8350 has the 2408H-1 CD and the 9310 has a 2414H. They're also discontinued, the 9310 replaced it.

Last edited by notnyt; 03-07-2018 at 04:35 PM.
post #479 of 512 Old 03-07-2018, 04:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 500 Post(s)
Liked: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by skypop View Post
Sure,but they're about 13" deep with the mounting bracket. I have mine on the ceiling for Atmos and on the side walls for left and right surrounds,great sounding speakers that are becoming more and more difficult to find,I'm thinking about finding a extra pair just to have in case something happens.

Why are the SCS8 hard to find? I just ordered a set of 4 for a customer a couple of weeks ago. There were plenty in stock (at the time).
skypop likes this.
post #480 of 512 Old 03-07-2018, 04:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by adidino View Post
Why are the SCS8 hard to find? I just ordered a set of 4 for a customer a couple of weeks ago. There were plenty in stock (at the time).

Cool,I had heard that they were being discontinued.

2 Channel: Fi 2A3 mono's,Hovland HP100,Technics SP10MK2/SME/Benz....HT:126" Seymour AT Screen,JBL Studio 590's for LCR, Side and Rear Surrounds. Jbl SCS8'S for Fr Heights, and Rear Heights,2 Epik Empire Subs,2 Behringer B1200D Midbass Subs,Marantz 7702MK2,Proceed Amp-5,Outlaw 7125,Panasonic UB820 ,Toshiba HD35,JVC RS600. Black Velvet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page