Please help! Installer coming out today. Question about my in ceiling Atmos speakers. - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-30-2016, 07:05 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 403 Post(s)
Liked: 177
Please help! Installer coming out today. Question about my in ceiling Atmos speakers.

Hey guys. Sorry for making another topic but I need to make sure this installation is being done correctly before it happens today. I have someone coming out to install four in ceiling speakers in my basement theater room. Here are the speakers I went with:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/martinlo...&skuId=4312004

When I talked to the guy on the phone, he said he's going to cut out the tile and place the speaker inside, then he will use wire to mount the speaker to the joist and keep it in place. No backing or anything else. He said it will be secure and won't move but I'm more worried about the sound quality. What will he or I need to do to make sure it sounds the best it can? Will this work the way he's proposing? Will I need a different type of ceiling speaker for this kind of installation? Thanks for all your help!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-30-2016, 07:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Those speakers have ceiling clips why would he use wire to hold it in place? I've never had a wall or ceiling speaker randomly fall out due to a clip breaking of anything. For the area that is around my speakers and between joists, I stuffed wool insulation to help deaden the space.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-30-2016, 03:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1447 Post(s)
Liked: 815
Yup, if you think it sounds a little lacking in bass you can simply cover the back of the speaker (simply laying it over the back of the speaker will work) with some pieces of insulation, something like a couple of 2x4 sheets of Ruxul would work fine.

*Warning* None of my suggestions, ideas or even thoughts have any WAF, in any way!
My Build Thread:
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-gen...formation.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page