Official JBL Synthesis / Pro / Revel Home Theater Thread - Page 139 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2570Likes

post #4141 of 4143 Old 03-25-2020, 03:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1292 Post(s)
Liked: 1520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoochers View Post
What is a CD?
Compression Driver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4142 of 4143 Old 03-25-2020, 03:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 1292 Post(s)
Liked: 1520
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard12511 View Post
I don't think I necessarily disagree with you here. ASR has changed my stance on the validity of measurements a bit. My current train of thought is that measurements can tell you if one speaker is clearly better than another, but if the measurements are close, you should probably try to listen to them side by side (preferably blind). I think this kinda agrees with what you've said here.

You also seem to agree with me that the sound quality improvements from low end to high end are probably small, and most of what you're paying for is output and extension, at least with science based companies like Harman.

If the Infinity speaker that Amir has measures close to the Revel speaker, I think it's fair to say that it's probably very similar in sound quality(ignoring output and extension). Do you agree with that?
Trick question, I had to think about it!

If you mean do I think they will Sound Similar, yes I do within reason until pushed to higher volume levels.

Sound quality is a nebulous term that has no objective measurement parameters. I think sound quality is usually better with higher quality (and thus usually higher priced) drivers, crossover components and cabinets.

Many people say the Be tweeters in the Be and Ultima2 series speakers sound very smooth and natural and "better" than the aluminum tweeters in the Performa3 series.

In answer to your question, I think the Revel speaker might have better sound quality due to the higher quality parts. When I compared the M16 to the M106, I felt the M106 sounded better, more refined in sound quality.

Subjective vs objective, very tough subject.
post #4143 of 4143 Old 03-29-2020, 11:51 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Anderson View Post
...Many people say the Be tweeters in the Be and Ultima2 series speakers sound very smooth and natural and "better" than the aluminum tweeters in the Performa3 series.
This does sound like classic confirmation bias, as written. After all, what odds that 'many people' are doing DBT to compare them? Very low.

It's only a hobby
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page