Q Acoustics Owner's Thread - Page 51 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 613Likes

post #1501 of 1514 Old 02-14-2020, 01:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1888 Post(s)
Liked: 1237
Q Acoustics Owner's Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajCA View Post
How big is your room, how large a cabinet are you willing to get, what is your budget and how loud are the volumes you are chasing?

I realize the RSL is $400.

These are the ones to consider, the top one is ported, (so will play 40 percent louder than a sealed sub with same size amp and main driver), the rest are all sealed.

The only one I've actually heard is the prior version of the HSU sub that my sister in law owns and I was bowled over by just how good it was, (my main sub is a 1250 watt sealed servo 15" sub).

Very musical in that it was not "peaky/boomy" in sound; good punch. Good extension up to 200hz and down to its quoted mid 20s.

All have good customer service though some on AVS have complained about Monoprice's customer service, not so much the others.

2 years250watts=15w19h17d=42 lbs10"[25hz]$455 HSU VTF 1 MK3 (extension from Audioholics review)

5 years300watts=13w14h16d=27 lbs12"[23hz]$499 SVS SB1000, (extension from Sound & Vision)

2 years220watts=16w16h18d=41 lbs12"[28hz]$500 Q ACOUSTICS Q B12

5 years500watts=13w16h17d=50 lbs10"[20hz]$500 MONOPRICE MONOLITH MTS10 THX

3 years300watts=14w14h16d=58 lbs*12"[18hz]$549 RHYTHMIK L12

Speedwoofer for comparison:

2 years350watts=15w16h17d=40 lbs10"[30hz]$399 RSL SPEEDWOOFER 10S, (extension from Sound & Vision review)

My room is small 11’x10’ in a Brooklyn Apt that was built in 1900! I can’t go crazy with the bass. : D Budget is $500 ish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LG65C9, XBOX ONE X, PS4PRO, APPLE 4K, SONY STRDN1070, Q Acoustics: 3010i & 3090Ci
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1502 of 1514 Old 02-14-2020, 01:59 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 246 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9708 Post(s)
Liked: 6734
Quote:
Originally Posted by helvetica bold View Post
My room is small 11’x10’ in a Brooklyn Apt that was built in 1900! I can’t go crazy with the bass. : D Budget is $500 ish.

Read this review of the VTF1 as it does refer to folks like you when discussing which of the different tuning choices might make the most sense for you.

That is one of the big advantages of that sub; numerous tuning options.

https://www.audioholics.com/subwoofer-reviews/vtf-1-mk3

It also discusses the impact of adding a second should you ever move into a larger space.
helvetica bold likes this.

Geoff A. J., California
post #1503 of 1514 Old 02-23-2020, 08:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 36
They remind me of the Polk S20s I used to have.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1504 of 1514 Old 02-24-2020, 05:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1888 Post(s)
Liked: 1237
Just ordered an SVS SB-1000 to go with my 3010is. Thanks for all the recommendations!
Is it worth it to spend a little extra a cable? I’m looking at the Monolith RCA Audio Cable from Monoprice.

LG65C9, XBOX ONE X, PS4PRO, APPLE 4K, SONY STRDN1070, Q Acoustics: 3010i & 3090Ci
post #1505 of 1514 Old Yesterday, 12:49 PM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Just ordered an SVS SB-1000 to go with my 3010is. Thanks for all the recommendations!
Is it worth it to spend a little extra a cable? I’m looking at the Monolith RCA Audio Cable from Monoprice.
I can't tell you if it's worth getting a better cable as my understanding is limited. I did read though some comments on issues with humming and buzzing when not using a proper cable, so I went and ordered the 3 meter SVS SoundPath interconnect cable. It's a bit more expensive than the Monoprice but available in more lengths. The Monoprice site only lists 3 and 6ft. If you think you'll need to move it around to find a good spot, a longer cable can be handy.

Last edited by AlexLac; Yesterday at 01:14 PM.
post #1506 of 1514 Old Yesterday, 04:01 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 246 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9708 Post(s)
Liked: 6734
Quote:

That would be just fine.
helvetica bold likes this.

Geoff A. J., California
post #1507 of 1514 Old Yesterday, 05:36 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Liked: 164
I was on the fence between Chane, RSL, Klipsch and Q Acoustics. But i was perusing their EBay and found new 3050i’s for $640 with free shipping and returns. I couldn’t pass it up! Can’t wait for them to come now, these will be the first speakers I’ve ever purchased.
post #1508 of 1514 Old Yesterday, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dhereicome View Post
I was on the fence between Chane, RSL, Klipsch and Q Acoustics. But i was perusing their EBay and found new 3050i’s for $640 with free shipping and returns. I couldn’t pass it up! Can’t wait for them to come now, these will be the first speakers I’ve ever purchased.
Very nice. Hope you enjoy them.

I was in a similar situation having not bought speakers in 30 years and found the older 3050 2nd hand in mint condition for $440 "landed", which isn't trivial where I'm from (local rep sells a new pair of 3050i for $1000, importing myself would be more after shipping and customs).

Last edited by AlexLac; Yesterday at 11:44 PM.
post #1509 of 1514 Old Today, 01:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLac View Post
Quote:
I was on the fence between Chane, RSL, Klipsch and Q Acoustics. But i was perusing their EBay and found new 3050i’️s for $640 with free shipping and returns. I couldn’️t pass it up! Can’️t wait for them to come now, these will be the first speakers I’️ve ever purchased.
Very nice. Hope you enjoy them.

I was in a similar situation having not bought speakers in 30 years and found the older 3050 2nd hand in mint condition for $440 "landed", which isn't trivial where I'm from (local rep sells a new pair of 3050i for $1000, importing myself would be more after shipping and customs).
Thank you.

Damn $1000? Canada? You got a great deal on yours. How do you enjoy them?
post #1510 of 1514 Old Today, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Thank you.
I wish I was in Canada, lol. I'm in Israel. You can imagine the shipping costs (not to mention customs) of such products from US or UK even if I could find a banging deal on the price....

So far so good. I haven't had a lot of time to play with them as I'm still putting the other pieces together and a lot of what I watch is more focused on the center channel (they are purely for HT use). I re-assigned my old tower speakers for music duty at my desktop.

Last edited by AlexLac; Today at 01:58 AM.
post #1511 of 1514 Old Today, 03:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Quote:
Thank you.
I wish I was in Canada, lol. I'm in Israel. You can imagine the shipping costs (not to mention customs) of such products from US or UK even if I could find a banging deal on the price....

So far so good. I haven't had a lot of time to play with them as I'm still putting the other pieces together and a lot of what I watch is more focused on the center channel (they are purely for HT use). I re-assigned my old tower speakers for music duty at my desktop.
Oh I was way off lol. Yeah, I’m sure they’re insane on shipping and customs.

Oh okay, cool. Mine will be mainly home theater too and some music listening if I’m around cleaning my house. I will still need a center but I grabbed these while they were cheap.
post #1512 of 1514 Old Today, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Oh I was way off lol. Yeah, I’m sure they’re insane on shipping and customs.

Oh okay, cool. Mine will be mainly home theater too and some music listening if I’m around cleaning my house. I will still need a center but I grabbed these while they were cheap.
Yeah, man. The main Amazons don't even ship them over here and on eBay the prices are all over the map + if you want a specific color it's even harder. US price is higher than UK too. At least a quite a few companies give you free shipping and home trials over there. It's really the only way to go with online retailers. Can't expect people to take a crap shoot on something they never heard, but tbh I find that showrooms aren't effective anyway.
What color did you find?
post #1513 of 1514 Old Today, 03:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Quote:
Oh I was way off lol. Yeah, I’️m sure they’️re insane on shipping and customs.

Oh okay, cool. Mine will be mainly home theater too and some music listening if I’️m around cleaning my house. I will still need a center but I grabbed these while they were cheap.
Yeah, man. The main Amazons don't even ship them over here and on eBay the prices are all over the map + if you want a specific color it's even harder. US price is higher than UK too. At least a quite a few companies give you free shipping and home trials over there. It's really the only way to go with online retailers. Can't expect people to take a crap shoot on something they never heard, but tbh I find that showrooms aren't effective anyway.
What color did you find?
Damn, that sucks. I’m beyond lucky than because they’re free shipping and free returns. I feel ya on showrooms and stuff I haven’t heard. That’s a big reason these were hard to buy online but I took a shot because all the recommendations and reviews praise them. I was looking at Chanes too but the thought of paying $120 to ship speakers to me and back if i didn’t like them was too much. I grabbed the Arctic white, another big reason. Their design and color choices are very attractive.
post #1514 of 1514 Old Today, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Damn, that sucks. I’m beyond lucky than because they’re free shipping and free returns. I feel ya on showrooms and stuff I haven’t heard. That’s a big reason these were hard to buy online but I took a shot because all the recommendations and reviews praise them. I was looking at Chanes too but the thought of paying $120 to ship speakers to me and back if i didn’t like them was too much. I grabbed the Arctic white, another big reason. Their design and color choices are very attractive.
Pretty much same reason I decided to get them when I found them at a decent price. Plan was to stick with the old ones and just add to it, but when you start, you get a crave for something new all around and they do look damn nice on top of all the favorable reviews. gajCA and Zorba here were a great help.

I'd have loved to get a Chane's set too, classic look, wall-to-wall praises from owners. But... I can't even reach their site from here without a VPN! I think they block it for countries they don't sell too. I believe they are quite unknown outside the US, whilst EU brands like QA tends to reach here. I managed to find an Emotiva center (they are also not represented here and unknown) that someone here bought from Amazon when they were selling them. Pretty much new (only the box was opened). Not much of a discount compared to what Emotiva was selling them direct landed, but saves the waiting time and possible issues with customs. I'm not sure ordering from a smaller company is hassle-free like ordering from Amazon (being the giants they are). I wouldn't trust any courier here to just deliver it without wanting some extra charge for something you didn't know will be required. They wouldn't mess with Amazon though.
Mine are graphite.
gajCA likes this.

Last edited by AlexLac; Today at 11:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page