Q Acoustics Owner's Thread - Page 54 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 656Likes

post #1591 of 1660 Old 04-02-2020, 02:54 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 257 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10181 Post(s)
Liked: 7214
Quote:
Originally Posted by ednxuli View Post
This CD is very heavy with bass output. This just happened to be the first CD I picked up. I really did not realize that my subwoofer was not on. They are that good. I had the receiver in the pure position, thus only the 3030i's were playing.

However, the bass wasn't the only great characteristic of this speaker.

The vocals, instruments, all came out sounding very even, IMHO.

I had another much more expensive speaker in this room that was not so great with male voices. To be specific, the Eagles "Hole in the World", from their live farewell tour album. With the 3030's the sound was perfect, with no shrill vocals. On other songs, the horns were also very clear and crisp.

These speakers compliment my 3090i center channel, which is also better than its size would indicate.
I have not read any professional reviews yet, but for me, it doesn't matter.

Thanks for your impressions.

Congratulations.

Geoff A. J., California
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1592 of 1660 Old 04-07-2020, 12:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeriko View Post
I had Concept 20 high-level paired with 2 REL T/Zero's which was quite good setup.
I had a long thought where do I want to land with my sound desire.
I knew that most likely I'll stay on streaming and flac's from NAS, no CD or turntable.
So NAD 758 with Dirac, BluOS, NAD amp and weak link were my speakers.
Decided for 500's as for the price dealer asked, they seamed to be best value I could get from them. I read a lot about them, they were called NEUTRAL which is what I was looking. I'm not very experienced here to give some PRO valuation in English.
They do impress me with the soundstage, clarity and instrument separation. When I listen to music and I know, the avr IS in stereo mode, still I have raised countless time to check is my center is off?
Sound comes on me as wall, speakers are not present! I know, that some people, to better enjoy their sound, close their eyes. I don't have to, even when I look directly to speaker my brain don't locate it in the wall of sound.
I feel same with my 3050s. I cant locate them
post #1593 of 1660 Old 04-07-2020, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ednxuli View Post
I was on the waiting list for the 3030i speakers, and Q A notified me when they were available. I ordered them on the 5th of March, and they came in the following Monday. I have them hooked up to my Denon AVR-4300H and a Sony 800 CD player. The first CD I had on hand was Massive Attacks' "Heligoland". This CD is very heavy with bass output. This just happened to be the first CD I picked up. I really did not realize that my subwoofer was not on. They are that good. I had the receiver in the pure position, thus only the 3030i's were playing.

However, the bass wasn't the only great characteristic of this speaker. The vocals, instruments, all came out sounding very even, IMHO.
I had another much more expensive speaker in this room that was not so great with male voices. To be specific, the Eagles "Hole in the World", from their live farewell tour album. With the 3030's the sound was perfect, with no shrill vocals. On other songs, the horns were also very clear and crisp.
These speakers compliment my 3090i center channel, which is also better than its size would indicate.
I have not read any professional reviews yet, but for me, it doesn't matter.

These are in my media room, which is small at 12 x 15, with an 11' ceiling. My sub is a RSL speedwoofer 10s. It blends in well with the 3030i's, and I can only tell the sub is on when really low passages are playing. Still sounds like all of the sound is coming from the 3030is
I might add that I like the grill on, not off. I have the walnut finish, but later, I will get the black.
Next, I plan to swap them out in my living room, which is about 4500 sf. But that is much later, even though I am home 24/7.
Anyone else have these speakers?
I am also waiting for 3030i for my 3rd setup in my living room

I have a 11.2 cinema room with 3050s and 3010s and I like them for both movies and music.

3030i will be used just for stereo listening. But I read that Q Acoustics was planning to unveil new concept series 20/40 in Munich Hi-End Show on May, but you know show was cancelled because of CoronaVirus.

Concept 300 is out of my budget and I need bookshelf speakers. Do you have other suggestions? My budget is 700-800USD, maybe a little more.

Q Acoustics, please tell me how long should I wait for the new Concept Series?

Thanks.

Last edited by JuMu; 04-07-2020 at 04:20 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1594 of 1660 Old 04-07-2020, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuMu View Post

Concept 300 is out of my budget and I need bookshelf speakers. Do you have other suggestions? My budget is 700-800USD, maybe a little more.
I tested the Concept 20s against my LX16s and they were equally as good with the tiniest bit more detail in acoustic, classical, jazz and vocal music on the LX16s.

I'd look at the 35XTs which are now $800/pair vs a few months ago when they were $1200/pair.

For a stereo setup the black Cherrywood is stunning.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_839M35...herrywood.html

Geoff A. J., California
post #1595 of 1660 Old 04-13-2020, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajCA View Post
Quote:

I tested the Concept 20s against my LX16s and they were equally as good with the tiniest bit more detail in acoustic, classical, jazz and vocal music on the LX16s.

I'd look at the 35XTs which are now $800/pair vs a few months ago when they were $1200/pair.

For a stereo setup the black Cherrywood is stunning.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_839M35...herrywood.html

I looked at those speakers. Looks good but I forgot to mention that my only option is white color because of WAF 🏻😋

I read a few reviews about 3030i and someone even told that it sounds better than 3050i 😱

Or maybe I should wait and see how more affordable concept series sounds 🙄
If it's not going to be more than 600-700$.

Any news about them?
post #1596 of 1660 Old 04-13-2020, 08:36 AM

Quote:
I looked at those speakers. Looks good but I forgot to mention that my only option is white color because of WAF 🏻😋

I read a few reviews about 3030i and someone even told that it sounds better than 3050i 😱

Any news about them?
Concept 20s come in white.

Some others.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_970DBR...DBR62-Oak.html

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_265M16...oss-White.html

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_991Q35...350-White.html

Geoff A. J., California
post #1597 of 1660 Old 04-13-2020, 10:31 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:

Any news about them?
As you can see on link below, good old Concept 20 still included!
Or may-be it helps you to choose something else!
Best bookshelf speakers 2020: budget to premium
https://www.whathifi.com/best-buys/h...shelf-speakers
post #1598 of 1660 Old 04-13-2020, 11:56 AM

Thank you for your help.

I read complicated reviews about Kef and Elac but almost everyone likes Revel Concerta2 M16. it also took my attention. But I am very unfamiliar with the brand. I should listen first.

Old concept 20 has very good reviews. But new version is around the corner.

I think it's better to wait new concept series and listen to the Revel Concerta2 M16 after coronavirus ends.

I just sent email to Q Acoustics and asked about new concept series. Let's see if they reply me 🙄
post #1599 of 1660 Old 04-13-2020, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeriko View Post
As you can see on link below, good old Concept 20 still included!
Or may-be it helps you to choose something else!
Best bookshelf speakers 2020: budget to premium
https://www.whathifi.com/best-buys/h...shelf-speakers
Glad to see them mentioned as they are stellar speakers but, no, they don't need the expensive stands to sound great.

I have the stands under my LX16s though!

Geoff A. J., California
post #1600 of 1660 Old 04-13-2020, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Thank you for your help.

I read complicated reviews about Kef and Elac but almost everyone likes Revel Concerta2 M16. it also took my attention. But I am very unfamiliar with the brand. I should listen first.

I think it's better to wait new concept series and listen to the Revel Concerta2 M16 after coronavirus ends.

I just sent email to Q Acoustics and asked about new concept series. Let's see if they reply me 🙄
Revel is a highly respected brand designed using the latest in measurement techniques.

They have only been around since 1996.

https://www.harmanluxuryaudio.com/

Geoff A. J., California
post #1601 of 1660 Old 04-21-2020, 10:10 AM

$399/pair 3030is are used as a reference speaker in this review of the $600/pair Elac Debut Reference DBR62.

The $650/pair B&W older 685S2 were also mentioned.

https://www.cnet.com/reviews/elac-de...-dbr62-review/
audiofreak38 likes this.

Geoff A. J., California
post #1602 of 1660 Old 04-21-2020, 10:23 AM

Mentioned: 326 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9600 Post(s)
Liked: 7423
Quote:

"Coronavirus" could easily last 1-2 years. You really ready to wait that long?

If they're marking down the C20 in advance of the new version being released, I'd jump all over that.

"New" versions usually = cosmetic changes, nothing radical. In QA's case, when they came out with the new "i" version of the 3020, main thing they did was give it a deeper (uglier, imo) cabinet to squeeze out maybe an extra 5Hz of mid-bass extension. The originals were already plenty good.
audiofreak38 likes this.

~ Are you a "geek hobbyist" obsessed with squeezing out that last 5-10% improvement? The economy will thank you...especially the Chinese one. Or are you more of a get-set-and-forget "casual user" who simply wants to increase your enjoyment of movies, TV and gaming? Relax, HT isn't rocket science, nor does it have to cost an arm and a leg---especially if you ignore the aforementioned vocal minority. And remember to smile...it's just a silly hobby, after all. :)
post #1603 of 1660 Old 04-21-2020, 05:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 750 Post(s)
Liked: 1080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorba922 View Post

If they're marking down the C20 in advance of the new version being released, I'd jump all over that.

"New" versions usually = cosmetic changes, nothing radical. In QA's case, when they came out with the new "i" version of the 3020, main thing they did was give it a deeper (uglier, imo) cabinet to squeeze out maybe an extra 5Hz of mid-bass extension. The originals were already plenty good.
@zorba do you think that QA may move to a bigger driver albeit 6.5 " or even a 6.75" since the 3030i's have the 6.5"? Been asking myself this very same question and I think that it is a good possibility, no? Such interesting times. Just curious as to your thoughts. As always, I highly value them.

Cheers,

Phil
Zorba922 likes this.
post #1604 of 1660 Old 04-21-2020, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiofreak38 View Post
@zorba do you think that QA may move to a bigger driver albeit 6.5 " or even a 6.75" since the 3030i's have the 6.5"? Been asking myself this very same question and I think that it is a good possibility, no? Such interesting times. Just curious as to your thoughts. As always, I highly value them.
I do wish they would! And definitely wish they'd come out with a center that has bigger woofers, that's for sure.
audiofreak38 likes this.

~ Are you a "geek hobbyist" obsessed with squeezing out that last 5-10% improvement? The economy will thank you...especially the Chinese one. Or are you more of a get-set-and-forget "casual user" who simply wants to increase your enjoyment of movies, TV and gaming? Relax, HT isn't rocket science, nor does it have to cost an arm and a leg---especially if you ignore the aforementioned vocal minority. And remember to smile...it's just a silly hobby, after all. :)
post #1605 of 1660 Old 04-21-2020, 07:57 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Has anyone here purchased Q Acoustic's 3xxx series wall mounts and have your speakers on them now? If so, care to take some pictures and post? I'm considering wall-mounting my 3020i's.
post #1606 of 1660 Old 04-21-2020, 08:05 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 274 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Has anyone compared Q3030i with Kanto YU4 or YU6? Which one is more neutral and laid back.

Dynaudio Focus 260 | Focus 210C | Naim SN3| Naim ND5XS2 | Oppo- 93 BDP | Ansuz X Series Speaker Cables | Audioquest RCA Cables | Ansuz Mainz D8 Diamond
post #1607 of 1660 Old 04-24-2020, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Quote:

But if they already produced new version, (it should be so, coz they were going to unveil it on May) then they won't let them wait 1-2 year in warehouse.

Moreover I read that people want to spend more money on home entertainment products including speakers since everyone is stuck at home. So it maybe a good chance to sell their products.
post #1608 of 1660 Old 04-24-2020, 12:33 PM

Quote:
But if they already produced new version, (it should be so, coz they were going to unveil it on May) then they won't let them wait 1-2 year in warehouse.

Moreover I read that people want to spend more money on home entertainment products including speakers since everyone is stuck at home. So it maybe a good chance to sell their products.
Keep your fingers crossed! I notice that the original Concept 20s are still being sold at regular price on the QA website, $524/pr.

post #1609 of 1660 Old 04-24-2020, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Keep your fingers crossed! I notice that the original Concept 20s are still being sold at regular price on the QA website, $524/pr.
Fingers are crossed 🙂

I really want to hear Revel Concerta m16 and maybe Kef ls50 but I am very happy with my QA and even if I like them, I think I will wait new concept 20 🙂 Actually I would have bought the old concept 20, but its grills look ugly and my wife never let it enter our living room 🙂

I have more than 20 under 1000$ speakers at home 🙂 So I am.not in a hurry 🙂

It's too bad I can't afford concept 300. So I need wait for the concept 20.
Zorba922 likes this.
post #1610 of 1660 Old 04-24-2020, 02:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2012 Post(s)
Liked: 1313
I was hoping Q would have a sale considering the times we live in now. Anyone expect to see a sale soon?

LG65C9 & E9, XBOX ONE X, PS4PRO, APPLE 4K, SONY STRDN1070, Q Acoustics: 3010i & 3090Ci
post #1611 of 1660 Old 04-24-2020, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helvetica bold View Post
I was hoping Q would have a sale considering the times we live in now. Anyone expect to see a sale soon?
Memorial Day, so 10 days before the end of May.
helvetica bold likes this.

Geoff A. J., California
post #1612 of 1660 Old 04-26-2020, 03:42 PM

Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synomenon View Post
Has anyone here purchased Q Acoustic's 3xxx series wall mounts and have your speakers on them now? If so, care to take some pictures and post? I'm considering wall-mounting my 3020i's.
I had them but never hanged them. You can find some pics on amazon.co.uk in the ratings section:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Acoustics-3...dp/B00TS7BZYG/
post #1613 of 1660 Old 04-26-2020, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLac View Post
Quote:
I had them but never hanged them. You can find some pics on amazon.co.uk in the ratings section:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Acoustics-3...dp/B00TS7BZYG/
Thanks. I didn't realize when I ordered the bracket that it's for one only. I'm going to return it. One bracket for $30 is too much. Doesn't even come with mounting hardware.
post #1614 of 1660 Old 04-27-2020, 02:28 AM

Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked: 233
Quote:
Thanks. I didn't realize when I ordered the bracket that it's for one only. I'm going to return it. One bracket for $30 is too much. Doesn't even come with mounting hardware.
Indeed. The advantage is they are designed specifically for the speaker line with the bottom threaded hole. But you can probably fit it well enough using a generic cheaper wall mount too.

The no hardware is pretty annoying, I agree. Their reasoning is they don't know what sort of wall you're going to hang them on, which I don't find to be a very convincing argument.
post #1615 of 1660 Old 05-06-2020, 08:49 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 543 Post(s)
Liked: 293
Getting curious about the 3030i.

Seems to be getting some pretty positive reviews, with good reports for bass performance for a stand mount.

I personally like their looks too.

Never heard any speakers from QA.

Maybe if they go on sale, I'll bite and give them a spin...

-

5.1 and 2.0 ch: Marantz AV7704/Emotiva DC-1/Rotel RB-1582 MKII/Audiosource Amp Three x 2/Polk LS90, CS400i, FX500i/Outlaw X-12, LFM-1/JVD DLA-HD250/Da-Lite 100" HCCV/Sony ES BDP/Sonos Connect. DC-1/RB-1582 MKII/Sonos Connect also feed Polk 7C in garage and Dayton IO655 on patio. 2.1 ch: Denon AVR-2807/Klipsch Forte I or NHT SB2/JBL SUB 550P x 2. 2.0 ch: Outlaw 975/Outlaw M2200 x 2/Klipsch RF-7 III/Sony ES BDP/LG 65" LED. 2.0 ch: Klipsch Powergate/NHT SB3. Kitchen: Sonos Play5.
post #1616 of 1660 Old 05-15-2020, 07:49 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 2035
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbPlan View Post
No pro reviews for the 3030i bookshelf speaker yet. I did find an unboxing video on YouTube, though. Unfortunately, the video doesn't seem to play on this site. Oh well. So for now—[the 3030i] "bassy, hard-hitting yet beautifully poised sound from a compact, discreet cabinet." —QA

Their current bookshelf speaker line-up:
• Concept 300
• Concept 20
3030i
• 3020i
• 3010i

---

Out of curiosity, does anyone own the Concept 20 and BBC LS3/5A, or a contemporary clone of a BBC speaker?
I'm curious how the Concept 20 compares with, say, a Harbeth P3ESR in your listening room—without a sub.

fyi...

Three recent reviews of the new 3030i:

1. CNET: [Edit] https://www.cnet.com/reviews/q-acoustics-3030i-review/

2. Hi-Fi Trends: http://hifitrends.com/2020/05/14/q-a...for-400-bucks/

3. Audiophiliac (S.G.):

Enjoy!
helvetica bold likes this.

Last edited by dbPlan; 05-15-2020 at 10:14 AM.
post #1617 of 1660 Old 05-15-2020, 10:06 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 543 Post(s)
Liked: 293
Not sure if these 3030i reviews have been posted:

I've read a couple of this guy's reviews and have enjoyed them. He posts a lot of measurements too:
https://thenextweb.com/plugged/2020/...and-adds-bass/

And one from SoundStage:
https://www.soundstagehifi.com/index...big-difference

-

5.1 and 2.0 ch: Marantz AV7704/Emotiva DC-1/Rotel RB-1582 MKII/Audiosource Amp Three x 2/Polk LS90, CS400i, FX500i/Outlaw X-12, LFM-1/JVD DLA-HD250/Da-Lite 100" HCCV/Sony ES BDP/Sonos Connect. DC-1/RB-1582 MKII/Sonos Connect also feed Polk 7C in garage and Dayton IO655 on patio. 2.1 ch: Denon AVR-2807/Klipsch Forte I or NHT SB2/JBL SUB 550P x 2. 2.0 ch: Outlaw 975/Outlaw M2200 x 2/Klipsch RF-7 III/Sony ES BDP/LG 65" LED. 2.0 ch: Klipsch Powergate/NHT SB3. Kitchen: Sonos Play5.
post #1618 of 1660 Old 05-15-2020, 02:31 PM

Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3422 Post(s)
Liked: 3322
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam2434 View Post
Getting curious about the 3030i.

Seems to be getting some pretty positive reviews, with good reports for bass performance for a stand mount.

I personally like their looks too.

Never heard any speakers from QA.

Maybe if they go on sale, I'll bite and give them a spin...

-
They are pretty much the 3020i with more bass ... and with a boosted off-axis response -- you may like them, QA has a lot of fans.

----------------
Who AM I
post #1619 of 1660 Old 05-16-2020, 09:17 PM

So I have the new Sonos Arc on pre-order because I want to have an Atmos capable system. Today, for some reason the SO says I can install front height / Atmos speakers.

My current speakers are:
Q Acoustics 3090ci (Center)
Q Acoustics 3020i (FL, FR)
SVS PB12-NSD (Sub.)

I'll be adding these for the front height / Atmos speakers:
Q Acoustics 3010i (FHL, FHR)

I will be using Q Acoustics's own 3000 series wall mounts to setup the 3010i speakers up near the ceiling and angling them downwards, facing the seating area.

I won't have rear surrounds. Will this still sound better than the Sonos Arc which is releasing soon?

Also, I have been thinking about replacing the FL / FR (3020i speakers) with 3010i so that everything is timber matched.
post #1620 of 1660 Old 05-17-2020, 12:21 PM

Quote:
So I have the new Sonos Arc on pre-order because I want to have an Atmos capable system. Today, for some reason the SO says I can install front height / Atmos speakers.

My current speakers are:
Q Acoustics 3090ci (Center)
Q Acoustics 3020i (FL, FR)
SVS PB12-NSD (Sub.)

I'll be adding these for the front height / Atmos speakers:
Q Acoustics 3010i (FHL, FHR)

I will be using Q Acoustics's own 3000 series wall mounts to setup the 3010i speakers up near the ceiling and angling them downwards, facing the seating area.

I won't have rear surrounds. Will this still sound better than the Sonos Arc which is releasing soon?

Also, I have been thinking about replacing the FL / FR (3020i speakers) with 3010i so that everything is timber matched.
I would be surprised if 11 small drivers stuffed into a 3.4" x 45" x 4.5" soundbar tube would sound as good or have as wide a soundstage as separate speakers with far larger drivers and located many feet apart.

As for swapping in 3010is to replace your 3020is I'm not sure that would be an "improvement" but easy enough to buy the 3010is you will use for height channels and A/B them with your 3020is and decide for yourself.

Geoff A. J., California
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page