which of these speakers would YOU buy - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 44Likes

post #61 of 105 Old 07-25-2016, 05:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 15
ITT, lots of personal brand preferences

OP, you listed 3 speakers, of the three I'd buy the ELAC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 105 Old 07-25-2016, 05:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1301 Post(s)
Liked: 1142
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeonrage View Post
ITT, lots of personal brand preferences

OP, you listed 3 speakers, of the three I'd buy the ELAC.
He said he did in post #58...
post #63 of 105 Old 07-25-2016, 05:45 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigpig View Post
He said he did in post #58...
Cool, I can still answer a question though... but thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 105 Old 07-25-2016, 05:54 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 152
Of the three, Elac, Polk, and Klipsch, in that order.

But, as others have mentioned, there are many other, arguably better, options in this price range.

I like the Dennis Murphy AA speaker in that price rage, while I have not personally heard it, it has rave reviews.
http://www.philharmonicaudio.com/aa.html
Also, it would be hand made by Dennis, and he most likely tests each speaker before he sends the speakers out.
post #65 of 105 Old 07-25-2016, 06:46 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsong View Post
If you can find decent floorstanding speakers in that price range, go floor standing.
If you can push the budget to ELAC F5s, that would be a good choice.
post #66 of 105 Old 07-25-2016, 07:46 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
All 3 are good. And the ELAC sticks out with it's Andrew Jones heritage.

But it's more important that you LISTEN to them before picking one. There is no "best". Your personal taste matters.

For example I love SUPER tight Bass. But, even worse, I want LOTS of it. That is a combination that is hard to get. That sort of bass is usually only available on a sealed box speaker or a panel speaker, and most speakers these days are ported ie. bass reflex. It also requires a slightly recessed treble (as I hate shrilly sound) to balance the slightly 'less' bass (due to the lack of a reflex port). And you need more power, but that won't be an issue if you have a powered subwoofer (2 small ones in non-mirrored locations will be better) and an AVR with Audyssey room correction DSP to take care of everything.

Buying off Amazon is a tough call. Certainly not if your finances are tight and you cannot afford to change your mind (not unless you buy them one at a time and then return till you find the one you love! :-))

Go to your local HiFi dealer. They will charge you a little more (Amazon does not have to pay rent for a storefront) but it'll be more than worth it.

Just don't fall for the sales spiel of fancy cables and the like!

I'm not anti-Amazon: I did buy a pair of $40 sealed-box Dayton B652 loudspeakers from Amazon sight/heard unseen - they are an incredible value-for-money loudspeaker which have even done duty as my main loudspeakers while my planar loudspeakers were unavailable.

Good luck with your choice and, Happy Listening.

- music; food for the soul
post #67 of 105 Old 07-25-2016, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by electriceccent View Post
Studio monitors are designed for near-field listening. That's fine. If that's what you want to do.
post #68 of 105 Old 07-25-2016, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Even the new Ipod, Ipad, laptop and full PC external players, which are essentially standardized DACs, operate at 24 bit and up to 192 K sampling. No I have no sympathy for the 128KBS players. That may have been the necessity a few years ago, but Sony, Pioneer and others now offer players that go beyond 24bit and 192K sampling. And they are small, portable, accept direct digital file inputs, and can drive an entire system to its max. There are more and more sources of hi res files. In my house a 16 bit 44.1 disc is never heard. The best 7.1 surround soundtracks are for the movies that I watch. With the advent of the new multi code players, it is my hope that the excuse to not listen to quality sources will disappear. Of course, I am not sure that the intervening generation will have the hearing left, to hear anything, let alone the differences in source material.

http://www.hdtracks.com/

Check out the audio of your movies. Perhaps I watch crap , but whenever I check I find they are 16/44 and compressed into a 256kbps data rate file!

So I bought a hi-res download and also a 16/44 320kbps MP3 file of the same track. Maybe I'm getting old, but I could NOT hear any difference.

Well and great that you can, good for you.

But the majority of us do alright with 48kbps iRadio over Bluetooth even!
Zorba922 likes this.
post #69 of 105 Old 07-25-2016, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skris88 View Post
Studio monitors are designed for near-field listening. That's fine. If that's what you want to do.
Reading about the PreSonus Sceptre S6 & S8s

http://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/...-sceptre-s6-s8

I am impressed by the review so far.

I am a fan of bi- and multi-amping, and also of room/speaker DSP correction. This has the lot!

Would LOVE to listen. However I am in "woop woop" (rural outback Australia)! So there's a fat chance of that happening in the near future...

Money, money, money. I have too many speakers in the cupboard already!

Thanks for sharing that info electriceccent . I learnt something new today.
post #70 of 105 Old 07-25-2016, 08:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1829 Post(s)
Liked: 1125
The thing I don't like about Elac, and it was the same with their predecessor Pioneer AJ speakers, is the low sensitivity. 85dB means you need a ton of power, even in normal living rooms with a normal receiver I've seen people run out of power to play loud.
GIEGAR likes this.
post #71 of 105 Old 07-25-2016, 08:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1829 Post(s)
Liked: 1125
Quote:
Originally Posted by skris88 View Post
All 3 are good. And the ELAC sticks out with it's Andrew Jones heritage.

But it's more important that you LISTEN to them before picking one. There is no "best". Your personal taste matters.

For example I love SUPER tight Bass. But, even worse, I want LOTS of it. That is a combination that is hard to get. That sort of bass is usually only available on a sealed box speaker or a panel speaker, and most speakers these days are ported ie. bass reflex. It also requires a slightly recessed treble (as I hate shrilly sound) to balance the slightly 'less' bass (due to the lack of a reflex port). And you need more power, but that won't be an issue if you have a powered subwoofer (2 small ones in non-mirrored locations will be better) and an AVR with Audyssey room correction DSP to take care of everything.

Buying off Amazon is a tough call. Certainly not if your finances are tight and you cannot afford to change your mind (not unless you buy them one at a time and then return till you find the one you love! :-))

Go to your local HiFi dealer. They will charge you a little more (Amazon does not have to pay rent for a storefront) but it'll be more than worth it.

Just don't fall for the sales spiel of fancy cables and the like!

I'm not anti-Amazon: I did buy a pair of $40 sealed-box Dayton B652 loudspeakers from Amazon sight/heard unseen - they are an incredible value-for-money loudspeaker which have even done duty as my main loudspeakers while my planar loudspeakers were unavailable.

Good luck with your choice and, Happy Listening.

- music; food for the soul
But sometimes the local hifi shop can be a very unpleasant experience, you are made to feel very unwelcome, its full of salesmen trying to upsell you expensive gear, no one is willing to discuss brands they don't carry, and the markup can be obscene. Such an experience can turn someone away from the hobby.

I've also been to a shop which had a demo day and everyone was friendly and I had a chance to hear some great gear.

It can go both ways. I'd say asking the forum for advice, buying off Amazon/online retailers, demo in home and paying for returns has a higher rate of success and much wider selection.
post #72 of 105 Old 07-25-2016, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defcon View Post
But sometimes the local hifi shop can be a very unpleasant experience, you are made to feel very unwelcome, its full of salesmen trying to upsell you expensive gear, no one is willing to discuss brands they don't carry, and the markup can be obscene. Such an experience can turn someone away from the hobby.

I've also been to a shop which had a demo day and everyone was friendly and I had a chance to hear some great gear.

It can go both ways. I'd say asking the forum for advice, buying off Amazon/online retailers, demo in home and paying for returns has a higher rate of success and much wider selection.
i won't even say "sometimes" - many retail outlets shouldn't be in business!!

if you do find a hifi store with good service support them. they are worth every extra dollar they cost.
post #73 of 105 Old 07-25-2016, 09:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Liked: 309
Quote:
Even the new Ipod, Ipad, laptop and full PC external players, which are essentially standardized DACs, operate at 24 bit and up to 192 K sampling. No I have no sympathy for the 128KBS players. That may have been the necessity a few years ago, but Sony, Pioneer and others now offer players that go beyond 24bit and 192K sampling. And they are small, portable, accept direct digital file inputs, and can drive an entire system to its max. There are more and more sources of hi res files. In my house a 16 bit 44.1 disc is never heard. The best 7.1 surround soundtracks are for the movies that I watch. With the advent of the new multi code players, it is my hope that the excuse to not listen to quality sources will disappear. Of course, I am not sure that the intervening generation will have the hearing left, to hear anything, let alone the differences in source material.

http://www.hdtracks.com/
Every generation says the same thing about the following generation , their taste in music and the volume they listen at .
I am by no means an expert , but aside from the fact that the OP was asking for passive speakers which tells me he's got something to power them with (AVR) and the pricepoint he was stating , I'm figuring he doesn't have separates so powered speakers won't work for him.
As to the hdtracks.com URL , was that intended as an example of not listening to quality sources? I think I'll pay $12 for a CD and let my equipment upscale the music instead of paying them $25 to upscale a CD for me.

Turn that $*!# UP!! --Beethoven
post #74 of 105 Old 07-25-2016, 11:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 917 Post(s)
Liked: 1377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defcon View Post
But sometimes the local hifi shop can be a very unpleasant experience, you are made to feel very unwelcome, its full of salesmen trying to upsell you expensive gear, no one is willing to discuss brands they don't carry, and the markup can be obscene. Such an experience can turn someone away from the hobby. ...
All you have to do is be both assertive and polite. When you first meet the salesperson, say something like, "Here's what I want: I would like to hear the following speakers you carry, in a long listening session, without you commenting on them. I would like you not to criticize or praise any speaker. I'd like to switch back and forth between them myself. I would like you not to try to 'close the sale.' When I have established my preference, feel free to suggest I listen to other speakers in the same price range. Then we will start the process over again. Can you accommodate me?"
In the Round likes this.
post #75 of 105 Old 07-26-2016, 11:21 AM

Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Well, I don`t know about the "ELAC" brand . It seems like a very cheap type of speakers , judging by their specs and looks , if you ask me .
But, of all the 3 specific speakers inquired about , I would choose the Polk speakers . They have a silk twitter , which is not harsh and the highs are very pleasant , opposite of the Klipsch speakers , which are bright , a well known fact , a result of the type of twitter they use .
The Polk also has 2 woofers and that is also good . They are also 8 ohms , contrary to the Elac 6 ohms .
But that is what I would choose if put on that decision .
If the op decided to go for the "ELAC " speakers, that`s fine ... I chose my "Electa Amator II" Sonus Faber speakers long time ago ... and never regretted it

Last edited by josey88; 07-26-2016 at 11:25 AM.
post #76 of 105 Old 07-26-2016, 11:36 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by josey88 View Post
Well, I don`t know about the "ELAC" brand . It seems like a very cheap type of speakers , judging by their specs and looks , if you ask me .
But, of all the 3 specific speakers inquired about , I would choose the Polk speakers . They have a silk twitter , which is not harsh and the highs are very pleasant , opposite of the Klipsch speakers , which are bright , a well known fact , a result of the type of twitter they use .
The Polk also has 2 woofers and that is also good . They are also 8 ohms , contrary to the Elac 6 ohms .
But that is what I would choose if put on that decision .
If the op decided to go for the "ELAC " speakers, that`s fine ... I chose my "Electa Amator II" Sonus Faber speakers long time ago ... and never regretted it
Have you heard cheap Polk speakers? Trust me they can make a silk dome harsh and fatiguing. I haven't heard the ELAC, but they seem to have a more relaxed sound profile than the other two choices going by what just about everyone says about them.
Zorba922 likes this.
post #77 of 105 Old 07-26-2016, 11:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 678 Post(s)
Liked: 138
In that price range there's a million good options on the used marked. People upgrade as soon as they can afford it, just one good paycheck. Look around on the local used marked (ebay or whatever is most used in your area). Google the options you could haggle down to your price range. Then make a short list of the possibilities and ask again. Probably a few of the higher up older series Klipsch available.

cms, aka driver diaphragm suspension mechanical compliance: 0.000065 meter/Newton or in standard form 6.5e-05 m/N. (smaller number is better)
rms, aka driver diaphragm suspension mechanical resistance: 6.41 Newton.sec/meter. (higher number is better)
post #78 of 105 Old 07-26-2016, 11:51 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 325 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9590 Post(s)
Liked: 7417
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP12 View Post
Have you heard cheap Polk speakers? Trust me they can make a silk dome harsh and fatiguing. I haven't heard the ELAC, but they seem to have a more relaxed sound profile than the other two choices going by what just about everyone says about them.
Yep, the only Polks have nice nice non-bright/fatiguing tweeters are their top tier LSi line which ain't cheap. The RTi are okayish, it's the Monitor and lower lines' tweeters which are notoriously bad.
JP12 likes this.

~ Are you a "geek hobbyist" obsessed with squeezing out that last 5-10% improvement? The economy will thank you...especially the Chinese one. Or are you more of a get-set-and-forget "casual user" who simply wants to increase your enjoyment of movies, TV and gaming? Relax, HT isn't rocket science, nor does it have to cost an arm and a leg---especially if you ignore the aforementioned vocal minority. And remember to smile...it's just a silly hobby, after all. :)
post #79 of 105 Old 07-26-2016, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP12 View Post
Frankly, no . I was being guided by the silk twitter that usually is much better , but lower price speakers have those inherent problems ... that is why they are cheap .
Unfortunately , hi-end sound is merciless in cost . You want good sound ? it will cost you ... no middle ground .
My system consist of the Sonus Faber "Electa Amators II" on their stands as Mains and 2 Gravis Subwoofers to complement (one for each), for stereo left and right channels.
As a Theater system , a Sonus Faber "Solo" center and a set of Sonus Faber "Wall" as Front Wide Channels . In the rear , there are 2 sets of Jamo D8 Concert speakers as rear surrounds and rear back surrounds and 4 Yamaha NSIC600WH 2way in-ceiling speakers for the 4 immersion Atmos/Dts-X channels , along with a 3rd Velodyne Optimum 10' subwoofer, also placed at the back of the room .
And , yes , I am very happy with the sound .

Last edited by josey88; 07-26-2016 at 01:01 PM.
post #80 of 105 Old 07-26-2016, 01:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1301 Post(s)
Liked: 1142
^^^How nice for you. The OP had around a $200 budget, and wanted to know what WE think would be the best speaker for him to purchase. He managed to get a pretty good deal on the Elacs, a fairly well-liked and -reviewed speaker on here. IMHO this thread should be finished when the OP gives his impressions on his purchase. It is most definitely NOT for you to brag about your speakers; again, IMHO...
GIEGAR and Zorba922 like this.
post #81 of 105 Old 07-26-2016, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigpig View Post
^^^How nice for you. The OP had around a $200 budget, and wanted to know what WE think would be the best speaker for him to purchase. He managed to get a pretty good deal on the Elacs, a fairly well-liked and -reviewed speaker on here. IMHO this thread should be finished when the OP gives his impressions on his purchase. It is most definitely NOT for you to brag about your speakers; again, IMHO...
I wasn`t bragging . I have fairly expensive equipment , so I know what I am talking about .
You cannot expect very much from a $200.00 speakers set .
Still , judging by their specs and if I had to choose from any of those 3 speakers , I would have chosen the Polk speakers , definitely.
post #82 of 105 Old 07-26-2016, 08:16 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by josey88 View Post
I wasn`t bragging . I have fairly expensive equipment , so I know what I am talking about .
You cannot expect very much from a $200.00 speakers set .
Still , judging by their specs and if I had to choose from any of those 3 speakers , I would have chosen the Polk speakers , definitely.
One could make the argument that those who have experience with cheap equipment are more qualified to comment on the sound of cheap equipment than someone with expensive stuff. You can expect a lot more from $200 than you used to.

People can afford what they can afford, no need to diminish their choices because you have the luxury of higher end gear. I bet the Elac speakers will sound quite nice. Compromises come at every level, it doesn't mean there isn't enjoyment to be had with more affordable kit.

Purchasing expensive stuff doesn't mean you know what you are talking about. I'm sorry if that seems abrasive, but it is an ineffective way to illustrate the point.
CruelInventions and cel4145 like this.
post #83 of 105 Old 07-26-2016, 08:58 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 0
You must be joking, right?

That's like asking "What brand and model of car should I buy?"

My recommendation for a stupid question like that would be to tell you to buy a Fiat.

Turn off your computer, back away from the keyboard, get off your keester & go to an actual store (an audio store would be preferable) and LISTEN to some speakers.

By the way, remember that EVERYTHING you see on the internet is true.

Unless you're in prison or currently serving in the Marine Corp in Afghanistan, this is your best option.
post #84 of 105 Old 07-26-2016, 09:17 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 553 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagaa View Post
You must be joking, right?

That's like asking "What brand and model of car should I buy?"

My recommendation for a stupid question like that would be to tell you to buy a Fiat.

Turn off your computer, back away from the keyboard, get off your keester & go to an actual store (an audio store would be preferable) and LISTEN to some speakers.

By the way, remember that EVERYTHING you see on the internet is true.

Unless you're in prison or currently serving in the Marine Corp in Afghanistan, this is your best option.
NO... but I'm sure YOU must be joking right?
A stupid question huh......... that would make yours what? A dumb answer?

It's not life ending choice here dude.... sure I could go listen to the speakers but it's not something I chose to do and it's not like I'm going to argue with people if they gave me their opinions on which speaker to buy. I listened and I decided, simple and easy.

All the tough guy talk..... not needed, especially like you said over the internet and all.
wlhungdude, Xyrium, GIEGAR and 1 others like this.
post #85 of 105 Old 07-26-2016, 09:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Liked: 309
While I don't understand why you wouldn't go listen to a few brands to get a general idea of what sound you enjoy so you can use the help here more effectively , to each their own . On the plus side , if you don't listen to anything else and you like the Elacs , then you made the perfect choice! I personally have Polks because I had enjoyed their sound from when I was a kid and a neighbor had a monster system with polks and I would hear Iron Maiden pounding from across the street . I want to upgrade and due to budget similar to yours Elac was on my short list because of Andrew Jones , and so many rave reviews of the speakers . I found a company called Wavecrest Audio skimming these forums , and managed to contact the owner who set up an audition of the speakers for me . They are amazing speakers , right in the Elac price range , and bonus points to the company for taking the time to set up a listen for me as they are an internet only company . If the Elacs sound as good then you are in fine shape with your purchase , if not , then take a look at Wavecrest . My opinion is they are vastly superior to the klipsch you listed and I think the clarity and detail is superior to most Polks anywhere close to your price range . I have no experience with the Elacs to compare , but I would buy the Wavecrest over Elac because I have heard them in person which is most important to me . Enjoy your gear!

Turn that $*!# UP!! --Beethoven
post #86 of 105 Old 07-26-2016, 10:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 293
@the7mcs ,

I'm glad to see you pulled the trigger, and truly hope you're happy with your purchase. Please let us know, once you've had a while to listen to them, how you like them. It could be helpful to others in a similar situation in the future.

Joseph

mods, can we have a 'dislike' button ?
post #87 of 105 Old 07-27-2016, 11:15 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 257 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10178 Post(s)
Liked: 7211
I bought my Martin Logan LX16's based on the fact that many recommended that tweeter and brand here on AVS, reading many reviews confirmed that and, what the heck, they were more than 50% off.

What the helpful folks on AVS and the reviews said perfectly mirror my personal experience with them.

Like a dummy I didn't even drive the 5 miles to Best Buy to listen to their replacements which are nearly identical.

Worked out great for me...and something you have to do if, for instance, you are buying a Japanese motorcycle because unlike European brands you can't test ride them unless you find one at a dealer used.
post #88 of 105 Old 07-27-2016, 11:52 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by the7mcs View Post
NO... but I'm sure YOU must be joking right?
A stupid question huh......... that would make yours what? A dumb answer?

It's not life ending choice here dude.... sure I could go listen to the speakers but it's not something I chose to do and it's not like I'm going to argue with people if they gave me their opinions on which speaker to buy. I listened and I decided, simple and easy.

All the tough guy talk..... not needed, especially like you said over the internet and all.

Ouch....that really hurts, Tandy.

As I didn't get past your initial post, which is what I quoted, I had no indication that you had listened to anything.

There was no tough guy talk, just advice to leave your PC, go out into the real world & make your own decision. The question should be "Which speakers sound best to my ears?" not "Please people, tell me what to buy."

Last edited by Tagaa; 07-28-2016 at 12:07 AM.
post #89 of 105 Old 07-28-2016, 04:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 482 Post(s)
Liked: 703
Quote:
Originally Posted by the7mcs View Post
With that said........... my ears have decided that they would give the....................................... ELAC a purchase!!
Usually my first reaction to the latest forum-hyped speaker is to dismiss them. I'm sure everyone who's been here a while has seen the same thing play out many times. The hype builds, then dies off, and six months later you see a bunch of those speakers pop up in the classifieds as people move on to the next forum darling. However, unlike many, the ELACs measure very well. So it seems they satisfy the objectivists and subjectivists. So I think there's a good chance you will be very happy.
post #90 of 105 Old 07-28-2016, 06:33 AM

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 63
A bit late to the dance...

Firstly, apparently there is not much Klipsch love here - probably fueled from folks who at most had 'auditioned' some of their earlier PRC-made fare in the open in a Best Buy, etc. My first exposure to the marque was via the K-horns in 1971 - wow! Sadly, even their entry-level (US-made) Heritage series, the Heresy iii, is well over my spending limit... I had to try a pair of KB-15's, the predecessor to the OP's listed R-15M, when they dropped to $129/pr... wow! Last November, I took advantage of the Amazon BF sale - and got a pair of the R-15M's for a song. I A-B ed them with the KB-15's - the newer horn driver sounds at least as clear as the earlier KB-15's, except for the fact that cymbals & piano notes sound as if they are 'suspended in air' - a subtle improvement. Compared to my excellent, but inefficient, NHT S1 2.1's, their high end sounds different - not necessarily 'brighter'. I prefer their sound - but then, I am a few days shy of turning 68. I drive them all with my 50 Wpc stereo CD system, composed of an Onkyo TX-8020 stereo receiver and C-7030 CDP (98% music!). The rear-ported Klipsch speakers have 8-10" of clearance to a wall.

My NHT S1 2.1's were a shocker, audio quality-wise. Size-wise, they are the same physical size as the R-15M's, but employ a 6.5" LF driver in an acoustic-suspension enclosure vs the 5.25" LF driver in the R-15M and Elac B5, both bass reflex designs. The NHT's are ~86dB SPL, while the Klipsch R-15M reports 94 dB SPL - and you can hear that! I'd offer the NHT's as a suggestion, as my experience with them has been great - except for the current Amazon price of $350/pair vs $199/pr for your B5's, which are oddly as inefficient as the NHT's! Enjoy your new speakers - I am certain that you will be happy with them!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page