Official Emotiva Airmotiv Speaker Thread - Page 17 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 360Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #481 of 512 Old 06-25-2019, 12:06 PM
Advanced Member
 
BluesDaddy56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Metro Atlanta
Posts: 815
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 566 Post(s)
Liked: 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lp85253 View Post
maybe i heard wrong. ..but that was my understanding...
http://emotivalounge.proboards.com/t...price-increase

From Dan Laufman:

Quote:
Hi all,

Just a quick comment to avoid any confusion or misunderstandings...

1. The XMC-1 Upgrade Program is not affected by the price increase.

2. Processors; RMC-1, XMC-2, and RMC-1L WILL NOT increase in price.

3. Loudspeakers and Subwoofers are unaffected by the tariff and pricing is unchanged.

4. Products that are affected, will only see a nominal 5% increase. We have absorbed the bulk of price increase internally.
Lp85253 likes this.

Display: Vizio P55-E1l Pre-pro: Marantz 7703; Amps: Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Emotiva XPA-3 Gen 1, H/K AVR 520 (direct in to amps); Sources: Sony UBP-X700; X-box 1 S; Technics 1200 Mk II; Win10 PC for digital; Phono Preamp: Emotiva XPS-1; Speakers - LR: Philharmonic BMR LR; Center: Selah Audio BMR-CC; Surrounds: Wharfedale Reva-2; Rear Surrounds: Wharfedale Diamond 220; Atmos: TF - Monoprice Alpha 8; TR - BIC VI-38; Subwoofers: dual Rythmik L22s
BluesDaddy56 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #482 of 512 Old 06-25-2019, 12:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tonybradley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Where the Internet stinks
Posts: 4,379
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by khcoach View Post
I think only the top screw needs to be touching wire, the bottom one goes on the insulation. I would think it wouldn't hurt to have it stripped down so the 2nd screw also was touching wire but it's probably unnecessary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSpan View Post
I installed mine so that the screws were both touching wire, as I felt that the second screw touching insulation wasn't as sturdy. Makes sense that it might take a bit of strain off of the copper to have the second screw on insulation but no idea if there's an 'intended' method.
I think I will use the top screw to hit copper and bottom to hit insulation to get a more secure connection relative to strength
tonybradley is offline  
post #483 of 512 Old 06-25-2019, 01:10 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 381
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman View Post
I'm using Sewell banana plugs, their basic models, off of Amazon. They seem pretty tight and easy to attach to bare wire.
Thanks. I'll keep those in mind for the next time.
D33vious is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #484 of 512 Old 06-26-2019, 05:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bear123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 6,435
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2651 Post(s)
Liked: 4147
Attaching both screws to the bare metal wire would give a much more solid connection than clamping down onto the relatively soft insulation. Two points of contact for an even better electrical connection as well.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bear123 is online now  
post #485 of 512 Old 07-07-2019, 06:37 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
hi sorry for a the noob question, Im pretty set on these speakers with the matching center. I read that the 4 ohm is hard to drive. I like my music pretty loud. What would be the cheapest receiver that would drive them to satisfaction? if my budget is say 500us. Or am Im stuck with buying a receiver and an amp . This is all for a new system as I have nothing right now. Im sure this has been talked about in this thread but I couldnt find anything. Thanks!
Bob Dick is offline  
post #486 of 512 Old 07-07-2019, 06:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
drh3b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 3,769
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2033 Post(s)
Liked: 4033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dick View Post
hi sorry for a the noob question, Im pretty set on these speakers with the matching center. I read that the 4 ohm is hard to drive. I like my music pretty loud. What would be the cheapest receiver that would drive them to satisfaction? if my budget is say 500us. Or am Im stuck with buying a receiver and an amp . This is all for a new system as I have nothing right now. Im sure this has been talked about in this thread but I couldnt find anything. Thanks!
https://www.amazon.com/Denon-AVRX340...gateway&sr=8-3

And, if it's not enough, you can spend as much money as you want, and hook an amp up. A lot of cheaper receivers won't have the option of hooking up an external amp.
Lp85253 likes this.

My World Beating System!
Spoiler!
drh3b is offline  
post #487 of 512 Old 07-07-2019, 07:45 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I found a used x3100 for a good price, as long as its well ventilated it should be fine right? especially with a sub
Bob Dick is offline  
post #488 of 512 Old 07-07-2019, 08:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tonybradley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Where the Internet stinks
Posts: 4,379
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dick View Post
I found a used x3100 for a good price, as long as its well ventilated it should be fine right? especially with a sub
i sweat this for a LONG time. You can search and find my posts on a few threads if you want to put yourself through that. I kept receiving different information on whether my Denon could handle it, as I have the X3400H. I ended up going with T1s for my mains and C2 for Center. I don't listen at reference for movies, but I like it quite loud. My X3400H has just been Warm after a 2 hour movie. No warmer than with my old 6 Ohm Speakers. I actually find that I don't have to turn up my volume as loud as I used to for the same perceived volume. I guess because they are more efficient and just so much "better" sounding that my last set. I typically listened at -10dB to -8dB and sometimes -5dB. I've now found myself listening to most movies at -16dB, but for some of the Marvel movies, they seem lower, and I have to up them to around -10dB to get the same perceived volume as other movies. After I finally got everything set up as well as I could and calibrated, I watched several scenes from The Greatest Showman at -16dB and was blown away. I brought my family downstairs to watch and listen to a few scenes and my 17 year old Daughter was blown away. She said she couldn't wait to watch the entire movie again with my new speakers as it was like a new movie as she's never heard anything sound so good. So a 2 hour movie, followed up with about another half hour of trialing different movie scenes, and receiver was still just warm. I have yet to watch an Extended Lord of the Rings movie with the Emotiva, so not sure if my receiver would be warmer after that length of time or not.
Lp85253 and mpk1970 like this.
tonybradley is offline  
post #489 of 512 Old 07-09-2019, 05:24 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 98
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Just want to make it official. Just ordered a bunch of items for my first HT setup and went with the Emotiva B1s and C1. I had numerous people on the forums suggest these as they are the first speakers I have ever purchased. I hope they blow me away.
khcoach, Lp85253 and mpk1970 like this.
Patrick Flaherty is offline  
post #490 of 512 Old 07-09-2019, 03:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 1,752
Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1360 Post(s)
Liked: 1552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Flaherty View Post
Just want to make it official. Just ordered a bunch of items for my first HT setup and went with the Emotiva B1s and C1. I had numerous people on the forums suggest these as they are the first speakers I have ever purchased. I hope they blow me away.
Enjoy!! Now start planning your next speakers because IT WILL happen
Lp85253 likes this.

Set up #1 Speakers LR: Tekton Enzo XL ; Center: Tekton Pendragon Subs (2) 2019 JTR 118HTs
Set up #2 : QA3020i LR, Center: Emotiva C1 Subs (2) HSU VTF2 MK5,
mpk1970 is offline  
post #491 of 512 Old 07-09-2019, 04:58 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybradley View Post
i sweat this for a LONG time. You can search and find my posts on a few threads if you want to put yourself through that. I kept receiving different information on whether my Denon could handle it, as I have the X3400H. I ended up going with T1s for my mains and C2 for Center. I don't listen at reference for movies, but I like it quite loud. My X3400H has just been Warm after a 2 hour movie. No warmer than with my old 6 Ohm Speakers. I actually find that I don't have to turn up my volume as loud as I used to for the same perceived volume. I guess because they are more efficient and just so much "better" sounding that my last set. I typically listened at -10dB to -8dB and sometimes -5dB. I've now found myself listening to most movies at -16dB, but for some of the Marvel movies, they seem lower, and I have to up them to around -10dB to get the same perceived volume as other movies. After I finally got everything set up as well as I could and calibrated, I watched several scenes from The Greatest Showman at -16dB and was blown away. I brought my family downstairs to watch and listen to a few scenes and my 17 year old Daughter was blown away. She said she couldn't wait to watch the entire movie again with my new speakers as it was like a new movie as she's never heard anything sound so good. So a 2 hour movie, followed up with about another half hour of trialing different movie scenes, and receiver was still just warm. I have yet to watch an Extended Lord of the Rings movie with the Emotiva, so not sure if my receiver would be warmer after that length of time or not.
If you and your family dont mind the nuisance could you try playing a 2 channel music at a loud volume and see if the amp clips or if protects its circuit? Im about to pull the trigger on the x3500. I wonder if the emotiva a 300 will be necessary for 2 channel listening with a sub and if that will be enough. Ive already spent more than 4k canadian(lg c7, t1 and c1, PB 1000 all on the way) and another 600 for an amp kind of sucks
Bob Dick is offline  
post #492 of 512 Old 07-09-2019, 09:33 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Zorba922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 12,733
Mentioned: 222 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7144 Post(s)
Liked: 5453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lp85253 View Post
it's amazing how fast we went from "buy bookshelf + sub" as the standard , to "buy a truly great budget tower +sub "(if needed), i was really jones-ing for the mini phils , but now i am starting to jones for the t1's(i DON'T have room size for the t2's)
Well, Emotiva's closeout pricing on their T1 and T2 is truly staggering, especially the "factory renewed" models...$339/pr for the T-Zero, holy cow!
Lp85253 and mpk1970 like this.

~ Are you a "geek hobbyist" obsessed with squeezing out that last 5-10% improvement? The economy will thank you...especially the Chinese one. Or are you more of a get-set-and-forget "casual user" who simply wants to increase your enjoyment of movies, TV and gaming? Relax, HT isn't rocket science, nor does it have to cost an arm and a leg---especially if you ignore the aforementioned vocal minority. And remember to smile...it's just a silly hobby, after all. :)
Zorba922 is offline  
post #493 of 512 Old 07-09-2019, 10:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 4,395
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2102 Post(s)
Liked: 1758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorba922 View Post
Well, Emotiva's closeout pricing on their T1 and T2 is truly staggering, especially the "factory renewed" models...$339/pr for the T-Zero, holy cow!
i've got my sights set a bit "higher" end atm, but, i think the t0/ t1 are absolutely stellar values right now..
mpk1970 likes this.

YAMAHA TSR 5790.. front l/r emotiva b1's and /or kef q100's ..BIC v1220.....Emotiva basx10.... ascend cbm 170 center.. polk t15 rears..samsung 55" j620d
bedroom .. YAMAHA r-xv 383... front l/r.. wharfedale 10.1s... ascend cbm 170 center ... Emotiva basx8... samsung ku6300 50 in
Lp85253 is offline  
post #494 of 512 Old 07-10-2019, 09:39 AM
Senior Member
 
teiresias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Hampton, VA
Posts: 459
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lp85253 View Post
it's amazing how fast we went from "buy bookshelf + sub" as the standard , to "buy a truly great budget tower +sub "(if needed), i was really jones-ing for the mini phils , but now i am starting to jones for the t1's(i DON'T have room size for the t2's)
I'd be all about that if I had the floor space for standing speakers in my current setup. Unfortunately I'm kind of stuck with bookshelves unless/until I move house.

Going to be be going with a B1 and C1 combo in the next few months and just trying to figure out what to do for two atmos ceiling/high side wall speakers. I wish emotiva made something similar to the prime elevations for that application so I could stick with them completely.
Lp85253 likes this.
teiresias is online now  
post #495 of 512 Old 07-10-2019, 10:25 AM
Member
 
khcoach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by teiresias View Post
I'd be all about that if I had the floor space for standing speakers in my current setup. Unfortunately I'm kind of stuck with bookshelves unless/until I move house.

Going to be be going with a B1 and C1 combo in the next few months and just trying to figure out what to do for two atmos ceiling/high side wall speakers. I wish emotiva made something similar to the prime elevations for that application so I could stick with them completely.
They are supposedly coming out with "A1"s that are just that. Quite a few of us are waiting on the official announcement of them that was originally supposed to happen last month. They had a small blurb and picture of them in their flyer at a recent audio show/convention but not much has actually been said about them even on their own forums.
mpk1970 likes this.
khcoach is offline  
post #496 of 512 Old 07-10-2019, 11:26 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 154
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by khcoach View Post
They are supposedly coming out with "A1"s that are just that. Quite a few of us are waiting on the official announcement of them that was originally supposed to happen last month. They had a small blurb and picture of them in their flyer at a recent audio show/convention but not much has actually been said about them even on their own forums.
I got tired of waiting on them. Been 2 months ended up ordering 4 Boston Acoustics soundware speakers and mounted them on the ceiling. They sound great and glad i stopped waiting for the A1 to come out. I was using only front firing atmos modules and the 4 ceiling ones are completely different sound.
gajCA likes this.
Gold87 is offline  
post #497 of 512 Old 07-10-2019, 01:04 PM
Member
 
khcoach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold87 View Post
I got tired of waiting on them. Been 2 months ended up ordering 4 Boston Acoustics soundware speakers and mounted them on the ceiling. They sound great and glad i stopped waiting for the A1 to come out. I was using only front firing atmos modules and the 4 ceiling ones are completely different sound.
I realistically can't afford another new set of speakers for a bit after buying my T1's and now an A-150 to go with them, so I just want them to announce so I know what to expect price wise and specs for a few months down the line. My Pioneer upfiring work ok for now but the foam boards I have attached to my popcorn ceiling might not stay up permanently despite 3M's claims, the glue on the command strips just doesn't seem to like one part of my ceiling. I have a spare pair of small Polk satellites I may test as front heights at some point to see if i even like the FH effects better than the upfiring.
khcoach is offline  
post #498 of 512 Old 07-10-2019, 01:15 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 154
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by khcoach View Post
I realistically can't afford another new set of speakers for a bit after buying my T1's and now an A-150 to go with them, so I just want them to announce so I know what to expect price wise and specs for a few months down the line. My Pioneer upfiring work ok for now but the foam boards I have attached to my popcorn ceiling might not stay up permanently despite 3M's claims, the glue on the command strips just doesn't seem to like one part of my ceiling. I have a spare pair of small Polk satellites I may test as front heights at some point to see if i even like the FH effects better than the upfiring.
Thats another reason i did not wait. If i could not mount the a1 on ceiling, i dont plan to get them. They might only be height speakers but i was hoping they be like svs prime elevation speakers and have a bracket to ceiling mount them also. And i dont want to spend $300 each like the prime speakers when the BA speakers i have work great and was $260 total for 4.
Gold87 is offline  
post #499 of 512 Old 07-10-2019, 01:24 PM
Member
 
khcoach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold87 View Post
Thats another reason i did not wait. If i could not mount the a1 on ceiling, i dont plan to get them. They might only be height speakers but i was hoping they be like svs prime elevation speakers and have a bracket to ceiling mount them also. And i dont want to spend $300 each like the prime speakers when the BA speakers i have work great and was $260 total for 4.
from the one picture and i think the blurb said they can be either heights or dolby enabled upfiring. So they should be similar to the SVS elevations or the Klipsch upfring ones where they are angled so you can use them as heights as well. Yeah i don't want to spend more than $300 for a set and even that might be pushing it. Hopefully they don't just end up being ghostware. Maybe they're waiting to sell out of the older stock of the speakers getting replaced (b,c,t's) before announcing all the new ones as people may not want the old ones when there are shiny new "better" ones coming out real soon.
khcoach is offline  
post #500 of 512 Old 07-11-2019, 07:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tonybradley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Where the Internet stinks
Posts: 4,379
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dick View Post
If you and your family dont mind the nuisance could you try playing a 2 channel music at a loud volume and see if the amp clips or if protects its circuit? Im about to pull the trigger on the x3500. I wonder if the emotiva a 300 will be necessary for 2 channel listening with a sub and if that will be enough. Ive already spent more than 4k canadian(lg c7, t1 and c1, PB 1000 all on the way) and another 600 for an amp kind of sucks
Hey Bob. Sorry for the delay. Been working outside every evening after work and just getting back to AVS. I have listened to several songs on the Metallica Black Album at a pretty high volume. I found I needed to crank it louder for a CD than I do on a movie. I only listened for about 30-45 minutes, and there was no clipping. My X3400 was a little warmer than normal, but wasn't what I would call Hot. I actually have a couple of the AC Infinity Systems in my "Save for Later" Cart on Amazon. I was researching those as I ordered the Emotiva Speakers. I was prepared to install some AC Infinity fans in my cabinet (open in the front), but now, I don't see a need. If things change, I may. Watching one of the Lord of the Rings Extended Editions will be a good test on it. People who own these speakers kept telling me I'd be fine, but those that either didn't own them or were pushing that I purchase an external Emotiva Power Amp is who frightened me into thinking I'd ruin my Denon. It's all good.
Lp85253 and Bob Dick like this.
tonybradley is offline  
post #501 of 512 Old 07-12-2019, 07:42 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 98
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Just got my speakers delivered today. I have b1's and a c1. Are the b1's wall mountable? If not does anyone have recommendation for stands? Is there a mount that would allow me to angle my c1 at a slight angle as it will be too low in the room with my current setup? Please share pics or links of mounting brackets. Something like this would be my other option and stick it under each end with the back resting on the carpet.

https://www.worldwidestereo.com/prod...BoCfmYQAvD_BwE

Last edited by Patrick Flaherty; 07-12-2019 at 08:38 AM.
Patrick Flaherty is offline  
post #502 of 512 Old 07-12-2019, 08:50 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Zorba922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 12,733
Mentioned: 222 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7144 Post(s)
Liked: 5453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Flaherty View Post
Just got my speakers delivered today. I have b1's and a c1. Are the b1's wall mountable? If not does anyone have recommendation for stands? Is there a mount that would allow me to angle my c1 at a slight angle as it will be too low in the room with my current setup? Please share pics or links of mounting brackets. Something like this would be my other option and stick it under each end with the back resting on the carpet.

https://www.worldwidestereo.com/prod...BoCfmYQAvD_BwE
You can get decent steel stands for around $100/pr off Amazon (Pangea Audio) or MDF Sanus stands for around $50/pr.

For angling, you can use foam speaker pads also off Amazon for $20-30/pr.

~ Are you a "geek hobbyist" obsessed with squeezing out that last 5-10% improvement? The economy will thank you...especially the Chinese one. Or are you more of a get-set-and-forget "casual user" who simply wants to increase your enjoyment of movies, TV and gaming? Relax, HT isn't rocket science, nor does it have to cost an arm and a leg---especially if you ignore the aforementioned vocal minority. And remember to smile...it's just a silly hobby, after all. :)
Zorba922 is offline  
post #503 of 512 Old 07-12-2019, 09:41 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 98
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorba922 View Post
You can get decent steel stands for around $100/pr off Amazon (Pangea Audio) or MDF Sanus stands for around $50/pr.

For angling, you can use foam speaker pads also off Amazon for $20-30/pr.
Do these brands just allow the speaker to just sit on top of it? I dont see any mounting spots for these speakers specifically (b1's)
Patrick Flaherty is offline  
post #504 of 512 Old 07-12-2019, 09:45 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Zorba922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 12,733
Mentioned: 222 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7144 Post(s)
Liked: 5453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Flaherty View Post
Do these brands just allow the speaker to just sit on top of it? I dont see any mounting spots for these speakers specifically (b1's)
With any speaker stands, you just use blue tack under the speaker, no need for anything more on the bottom.

Wall mounting the B1s, you will have to use special wall mounts...ask @mpk1970 who has B1s on his walls.
Lp85253 likes this.

~ Are you a "geek hobbyist" obsessed with squeezing out that last 5-10% improvement? The economy will thank you...especially the Chinese one. Or are you more of a get-set-and-forget "casual user" who simply wants to increase your enjoyment of movies, TV and gaming? Relax, HT isn't rocket science, nor does it have to cost an arm and a leg---especially if you ignore the aforementioned vocal minority. And remember to smile...it's just a silly hobby, after all. :)
Zorba922 is offline  
post #505 of 512 Old 07-12-2019, 11:32 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gajCA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sonoma County, CA
Posts: 19,385
Mentioned: 224 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9083 Post(s)
Liked: 6225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Flaherty View Post
Do these brands just allow the speaker to just sit on top of it? I dont see any mounting spots for these speakers specifically (b1's)
https://www.amazon.com/Mount-Univers...14671128&psc=1
Lp85253 likes this.

Geoff A. J., California
gajCA is offline  
post #506 of 512 Old 07-12-2019, 11:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 4,395
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2102 Post(s)
Liked: 1758
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajCA View Post
that looks like a great option for the b1..

YAMAHA TSR 5790.. front l/r emotiva b1's and /or kef q100's ..BIC v1220.....Emotiva basx10.... ascend cbm 170 center.. polk t15 rears..samsung 55" j620d
bedroom .. YAMAHA r-xv 383... front l/r.. wharfedale 10.1s... ascend cbm 170 center ... Emotiva basx8... samsung ku6300 50 in
Lp85253 is offline  
post #507 of 512 Old 07-12-2019, 03:17 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 98
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajCA View Post
Great option thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lp85253 View Post
that looks like a great option for the b1..
Yes, yes it does. Thanks.
gajCA and Lp85253 like this.
Patrick Flaherty is offline  
post #508 of 512 Old 07-16-2019, 07:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tonybradley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Where the Internet stinks
Posts: 4,379
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybradley View Post
I changed the Polarity of my C2 Center speaker at the center speaker.

As I was tightening the binding post, I thought I had it pretty tight. I then noticed the speaker cables were falling out. I realized they weren't tight at all. I've never seen a binding nut like this before as it had an top and bottom ring I think. Anyway, I found it much more difficult to get it tight against the copper tip of the cable than any other speaker I've used. Regardless, I got it tight.

Things sound so much better now. It's like it opened up. I played the Bumblebee scenes I've listened to 50 times now. Maybe it's in my head, but it didn't sound held back anymore. I put in several more movies with scenes I had tested before I made this change. Wow. But I'm not sure now if the issue is with Polarity or if maybe I didn't have the binding nut tight to begin with. I thought about changing it back, making sure it was tight, and testing again. However, it sounds good now so I wanted to leave well enough alone.

Question about Banana Plugs. What do you folks recommend? I use Monoprice at the receiver. I have 12 gauge cable and they seem stiffer than most I see online as it was painful to use the Monoprice plugs. So stiff, it was hard to spread out the strands and fold them over. Wondering if I have some other bad connections after I realized my center banana plugs weren't making good connection. I think I'd like the Closed Screw type, where I could just insert the copper and then tighten two screws. Just not sure what brand would be a good choice.
I know it's weird quoting your own post, but I had to do so. I've watched several more movies and scenes since I switched the polarity of the C2 and with every movie, I watch with a smile on my face. We watched Shazam tonight and it was just great. I love the T1s and C2 Center. Hard to believe changing the polarity has improved everything so much. Even my two teenage daughters are in awe when watching a movie. Oh......and the E1 Surrounds are so much better than my previous Polk Bookshelf speakers.
khcoach, gajCA, KSpan and 1 others like this.
tonybradley is offline  
post #509 of 512 Old 07-17-2019, 04:16 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 154
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybradley View Post
I know it's weird quoting your own post, but I had to do so. I've watched several more movies and scenes since I switched the polarity of the C2 and with every movie, I watch with a smile on my face. We watched Shazam tonight and it was just great. I love the T1s and C2 Center. Hard to believe changing the polarity has improved everything so much. Even my two teenage daughters are in awe when watching a movie. Oh......and the E1 Surrounds are so much better than my previous Polk Bookshelf speakers.
The emotiva line is great. I use my e1 in a 2.2 set up now its great for a bedroom.
The t1/c2/e2 in the media room is amazing. I did end up putting amps on all speakers and it really made a different. Lcr got pa-1’s and a-700 for e2 and atmos.
Gold87 is offline  
post #510 of 512 Old 09-11-2019, 11:35 AM
Senior Member
 
teiresias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Hampton, VA
Posts: 459
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Just noticed the new A1 is finally in the store. I may be late on the uptake here though, just hadn't caught it mentioned anywhere else. Looks like a good in-family alternative to the SVS Elevations. These are sealed though.

If you download the manual from the A1 page it also references a T1+, T2+, B1+, C1+, and a C2+. The specs are no different between these "+" models and the originals, so not sure what the difference is, probably just internals, or maybe country of manufacture perhaps.

Last edited by teiresias; 09-11-2019 at 12:24 PM.
teiresias is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off