Official Emotiva Airmotiv Speaker Thread - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 316Likes

post #31 of 457 Old 10-29-2016, 12:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Hanging speakers at reference level sound, well its a challenge. Have a look at PSA MT-110. Its sensitivity is quite high so it will get loud without needing gobs of power.

https://www.powersoundaudio.com/coll...roducts/mt-110
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 457 Old 11-01-2016, 06:15 PM

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Anyone used the Stealth 8's in a home theater setting?
post #33 of 457 Old 11-17-2016, 08:12 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Emotiva T1s Rock!

I have a pair of Emotiva XRT6.2 s and recently purchased the T1s. My power source is XPA 1 mono blocks supported by an XSP-1 pre-amp, ERC2 CD player and Rega Turntable.
I'll preface my comments with "I am not knowledgable regarding the technical aspects of audio".
I've been an audio guy since I was in grade school. I've done a lot of listening in high-end listening rooms and paid way too much for a high end/high cost system 20 years ago. Fast forward, I replaced that system with an Emotiva system a few years back at a fraction of the cost.

The T1s had great clarity out of the box. They seemed brighter than the 6.2. At the onset perhaps the ribbon speakers were an adjustment. The accuracy of the power source and the speakers revealed noticeable deficiencies in older recordings. Most vinyl sounds amazing through the T1s. I'm hearing detail I had not heard in the past. The same is true for CDs. I think I needed a break-in period. Now really enjoying them. The base is tight and accurate. I don't use my Emotiva woofer with the speakers unless watching a movie. Simply not necessary. I hope this is helpful for others considering the T1s. Great value, like the rest of the Emotiva product line.
ingramba likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 457 Old 11-17-2016, 08:26 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4425 Post(s)
Liked: 2485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattage in my Cottage View Post
I have a pair of Emotiva XRT6.2 s and recently purchased the T1s. My power source is XPA 1 mono blocks supported by an XSP-1 pre-amp, ERC2 CD player and Rega Turntable.
I'll preface my comments with "I am not knowledgable regarding the technical aspects of audio".
I've been an audio guy since I was in grade school. I've done a lot of listening in high-end listening rooms and paid way too much for a high end/high cost system 20 years ago. Fast forward, I replaced that system with an Emotiva system a few years back at a fraction of the cost.

The T1s had great clarity out of the box. They seemed brighter than the 6.2. At the onset perhaps the ribbon speakers were an adjustment. The accuracy of the power source and the speakers revealed noticeable deficiencies in older recordings. Most vinyl sounds amazing through the T1s. I'm hearing detail I had not heard in the past. The same is true for CDs. I think I needed a break-in period. Now really enjoying them. The bass is tight and accurate. I don't use my Emotiva woofer with the speakers unless watching a movie. Simply not necessary. I hope this is helpful for others considering the T1s. Great value, like the rest of the Emotiva product line.

Try some SA-CD's and Blu-ray Pure Audio high resolution discs. Trust me, they'll blow your LP's out of the water.

Listen up, studios! Dolby Atmos Lite™ print-outs must stop!!
post #35 of 457 Old 11-18-2016, 10:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1879 Post(s)
Liked: 1981
Very curious about these speakers, the T1 towers in particular. Has anyone done a side by side with a similarly priced speaker and have impressions? For instance, how would they compare to the EMP e55ti? or maybe the Ascend Acoustic CMT340s? Fluance Signatures towers? or Ribbon offerings- Chane A5RX? Or more expensive offering, like the Philharmonitor 2 or the AA Sierra...which would include RAAL ribbons (and likely, an unfair fight)?

I own the Phil BMR with a RAAL ribbon and just love them for music...however, when I tried those speakers in my theater set up, well, they did well, but the ribbon tweeter wasn't nearly as striking for HT as it was for music. I wonder if using a fold ribbon in HT might be something similar- you just don't have the needs for high end clarity and detail in most sound tracks.

Set up #1: EMP e5Ti, e5Ci, and EMP e5Bi surrounds, Outlaw LFM1 Plus sub, SVS NSD SB12 sub, Marantz Slimeline 1504 AV receiver
Set up #2: Def Tech SM450, CLR2002, SLS Qline surrounds and EMPtek10i10i sub, Denon 1910 AV receiver
Set up #3: Philharmonics- BMR in a 2.0 system, music only, Yamaha RXV-363 AV receiver
post #36 of 457 Old 11-18-2016, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elihawk View Post
Very curious about these speakers, the T1 towers in particular. Has anyone done a side by side with a similarly priced speaker and have impressions? For instance, how would they compare to the EMP e55ti? or maybe the Ascend Acoustic CMT340s? Fluance Signatures towers? or Ribbon offerings- Chane A5RX? Or more expensive offering, like the Philharmonitor 2 or the AA Sierra...which would include RAAL ribbons (and likely, an unfair fight)?

I own the Phil BMR with a RAAL ribbon and just love them for music...however, when I tried those speakers in my theater set up, well, they did well, but the ribbon tweeter wasn't nearly as striking for HT as it was for music. I wonder if using a fold ribbon in HT might be something similar- you just don't have the needs for high end clarity and detail in most sound tracks.
GoldenEar speakers have folded ribbon tweeters and they sound pretty impressive for movies.

post #37 of 457 Old 11-18-2016, 02:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman View Post
Try some SA-CD's and Blu-ray Pure Audio high resolution discs. Trust me, they'll blow your LP's out of the water.
Thanks!...always in pursuit of audio Nirvana
post #38 of 457 Old 12-14-2016, 03:19 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I own a pair of Airmotiv 4S and a UMC-500 which are good audio values.

Tried to order three T1s to go across the front to update my ancient Definitive Technology BP10s and CLR 1000, and was told they only sell them in pairs. This is perplexing as SVS sells their towers as single entities so you can buy what you want. Emailed Customer and Technical support staff and was told in pairs only!

They are a good deal for the money but not if I have to buy four to use three.
tomd51 likes this.
post #39 of 457 Old 12-21-2016, 06:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 994 Post(s)
Liked: 1751
Just saw this Sound and Vision review: http://www.soundandvision.com/conten...-system-review
Dan Hitchman, tomd51 and cel4145 like this.
post #40 of 457 Old 12-22-2016, 01:19 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by puddy77 View Post
Just saw this Sound and Vision review: http://www.soundandvision.com/conten...-system-review
I agree with all of the reviewers assessments. I have the same setup and the T1's are very nuetral, C1 is perfectly suited for the towers and the towers do need some degree of tilting for better imaging. Coming for Paradigm Monitor 9 V5, which were a tad bright, I thought I was missing something, but I realized they were voiced the way a speaker should for critical listening.
post #41 of 457 Old 12-22-2016, 01:41 PM

Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 107
No one is talking about the B1, I wonder why.
post #42 of 457 Old 06-14-2017, 11:20 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Hi All!

I have a Airmotiv C1 on order and was wondering if I could sit my Samsung 55" 4K tv on it! Only other choice I would have is to mount speaker on a shelf behind tv.
post #43 of 457 Old 09-12-2017, 04:29 PM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I purchased a pair of T2 towers, but no word on shipping. Do they charge your card even if they don't have the speakers in stock?
post #44 of 457 Old 09-13-2017, 04:04 PM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I am very quickly getting demotivated in doing business with Emotiva. I did purchase a set of T2s, or so I thought. I contacted them and they said that they indeed will not be available until October (In Emotiva years that probably means December). But, I noted they had no problem charging my credit card. I asked if they could refund the money to me and then charge me when the speakers were actually in stock. In the response they said that they are going to refund my money and cancel my order (not what I requested) and I can contact them again in October.

Looking hard at Def Tech and Goldenear now. More money, but Emotiva is driving me nuts. Anyone want to talk me off the wall or would I just be better off going with someone who actually produces the gear they advertise.
post #45 of 457 Old 09-13-2017, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurylian View Post
I am very quickly getting demotivated in doing business with Emotiva. I did purchase a set of T2s, or so I thought. I contacted them and they said that they indeed will not be available until October (In Emotiva years that probably means December). But, I noted they had no problem charging my credit card. I asked if they could refund the money to me and then charge me when the speakers were actually in stock. In the response they said that they are going to refund my money and cancel my order (not what I requested) and I can contact them again in October.

Looking hard at Def Tech and Goldenear now. More money, but Emotiva is driving me nuts. Anyone want to talk me off the wall or would I just be better off going with someone who actually produces the gear they advertise.
You really ought to look at Triad speakers. Designed and built in Portland Oregon and absolutely wonderful speakers from a long standing built-to-order manufacturer. Enough so that both Dolby and DTS have used them in audio demos. If you're willing to spend the extra money, definitely look at the top tier. Dawn from the Triad thread is a dealer and so is AV Science.

When I'm ready to retire my Paradigm Studio speakers, I'll be taking a hard look at Triad's Silver line. Beautiful, powerful sound. Great for music too.

post #46 of 457 Old 09-14-2017, 07:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 362 Post(s)
Liked: 226
I agree with Dan, but I am obviously biased. :-)

[email protected]
post #47 of 457 Old 09-14-2017, 08:19 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurylian View Post

Typically, no, when an item is out of stock it is taken off the cart (you're unable to add the item to the cart) and a "Ships x/xx…" is placed on the item page. However, they have just totally reworked their website and some things obviously need further attention (like linking the cart to actual inventory).

As for charging your card in advance of shipment, that has always been their practice as most items typically ship within 24 hours. All credit card processing for a website purchase is done automatically during checkout.

On the other hand, had you phoned the order in, they likely would have told you the T2 was out of stock and simply not taken your order. I've dealt with Emotiva for a long time and they simply don't do preorders. I think your experience is the exception, not the rule, as I've never encountered an ID company who's easier to work with.

Understanding your frustration, however, I would not pass up on the T2. I own a pair, along with a C2, and can honestly tell you that they go far beyond just being excellent speakers at a phenomenal price. I truly think they're worth the wait and, obviously (since they're sold out), so do many others...

Last edited by DOC1963; 09-14-2017 at 09:54 AM.
post #48 of 457 Old 09-14-2017, 01:48 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I just got a pair of T2s, a C2, a pair of E1s and B1s. Absolutely worth the wait. I retired my aging suite of Bostons, which included a pair of VR975s and am very happy so far. Have only had them a week or so but the little time I've spent with them has been impressive. Superb imaging and the folded ribbon tweeters are killer.
MCaugusto and leecreek like this.
post #49 of 457 Old 09-15-2017, 09:48 AM

Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by khurramtm View Post
No one is talking about the B1, I wonder why.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-spe...pressions.html

I'd rather spend my time listening to the B1s than talking about them
Lp85253 likes this.
post #50 of 457 Old 10-04-2017, 12:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 77
working on a review of the B1s and wanted to share some quick measurements I did. I'll have to do my full elevated out door measurements to confirm some things and clean up the midrange; but there are really great speakers.

post #51 of 457 Old 11-06-2017, 07:29 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 77
I just finished up my Review of the Emotiva B1 and I wanted to share the results. I hope this is helpful to people.

Emotiva B1: The Wonderful World of Ribbon (AMT) Tweeters

Welcome to my review of the Emotiva B1 bookshelf speakers. With the recent expansion of Emotiva's offerings into passive speakers, and their well reviewed multichannel home theater setups. I wanted to understand what the hype is about.

The Emotiva B1's are bit smaller than many other 5.25 inch bookshelf speakers, but their compact size eases need for extra desk real estate that the HTD Level 2, Polk S15 or the ELAC B5 need. The Emotiva line has a great industrial look to them, beveled edges and corners, and leather like texture on the vinyl wrap which makes a for nice change of pace over wood grain. The contoured magnetic grills and internal bracing are a welcome additions at this price point. As an internet direct vendor, Emotiva is able to offer a lot of speaker for the money.

How do they Sound? Listening Impressions.

The more reviews I do, the harder it is to balance being repetitive with praise (I haven't had a objectively bad speaker in a while either) and trying to avoid fluffy nonsense "audiophile" terms pulled from 6moons.

The long and short of it is that these are very fine speakers. Their small enclosure and relatively high tuning does mean that they aren't going to be bass monsters. In the nearfield my previous desktop set of KEF q100s do dig deeper, that isn't to say the Emotiva B1s are unusable or anemic; and some reinforcement from the wall does help. But if you are likely to never pair them with a subwoofer, then you might want to consider other options. What the Emotiva may sacrifice in bass, it makes up for in every other category. For myself, the B1s will be replacing the q100s for the foreseeable future. The B1s are sized better, actually had a higher WAF for me, the tweeter really is "light and airy" and they are a touch smoother (don't have the same elevated treble) without being dull in anyway.

In my side be side AB testing between the Emotiva B1 and the KEF q100, they often were remarkably similar sounding. The KEFs act as point source with great off axis response, dig deeper, but are noticeably brighter, so if something smoother is your cup of tea the Emotiva prevail there. I think the midrange might even be better on the Emotivas, with almost no cone break up and steeper crossovers (shoot, an actual crossover really). This review wasn't intended to be a shootout, but if the q100s were not so often found for $300 and rather than their normal $500 MSRP, it would be really hard to justify the additional cost.

Though there is a whole tangent post to be made about my experience with the two in the far-ther field in regards to front vs rear porting and bass nulls.

The Graphs

Close mic driver measurements and 1m overlay.

With the base of the speaker being 7 feet off the ground I have chosen not to gate the outdoor measurements as most midrange drivers play flat in this range anyway, and it gives a good approximation of bass depth without having to do any summing and blending of close mic measurements.

Moving from left to right, we see that the porting on the Emotiva B1 is pretty high, between 70 and 80 hz. There is a bit of port noise around 1.1khz. The midrange starts to roll off before 100hz, which is on par with the Polk S15, but far before something like the Swan M200MKII's. The Emotiva is another unit that won't be a natural bass monster. Very much to it's credit, there is almost no cone break up seen. While Emotiva claims a 2khz crossover, the measurements push that number a little higher (and closer to the suggestion of what appears to be the OEM version of the tweeter). The ribbon (AMT) tweeter plays nice and flat though even in the close mic measurements you can see the beginnings of the grills effect on the output.

Overlaying the 1m outdoor measurements, you see that the tweeter output has hardly any change at distance. Depending on how you want to describe it, there ends up being a few DB hump from 800hz-2khz, or a slight recess between 2k and 6k. Overall the Emotiva B1 plays remarkably flat. One of the flattest and smoothest and articulate speakers I've had yet.

Here we are showing the effects the grills have on the tweeter. The immediate area in front of the tweeter is free of any obstruction, but the MDF grill is cut out so that it closely surrounds the drivers. If possible I recommend not using the grills. But the resulting null is pretty narrow, so it probably will not impact many users. And let's be real, there are MUCH MORE expensive speakers that wish they could attribute their frequency response valleys to a grill.

The little bit of noise after 100hz is related to some slight wind.

The Emotivas horizontal response is very good, without a ton of tweeter roll off until you reach 45 deg.

The Emotiva B1s vertical response (+15/+30) is fairly predictable. Coincidentally at 15 deg, you get a null appearing at almost the exact point where the grill has some with a large null near the crossover point and again where the grill has some effect on the tweeter. As all my measurements are done without grills, it would be possible for this to be exacerbated with them on.

The Emotiva B1s vertical response (-15/-30) gave me a bit of a glitch in the measurements. At -15 we found a very deep null and significant tweeter roll off, but at -30 much of that null had filled in while the tweeter roll off continued. After seeing this, I retook the measurements and got the same results. So your guess is as good as mine.

Because the KEF q100 were on my desk before the Emotivas, and because the Kef have become a defacto suggestion given the long time ability to find them on sale for $300; I wanted to give them a bit of a direct comparison.

I remeasured the KEF and you can quickly see that they share some strong performance characteristics. Everything between 100hz and 700hz is essentially identical and where ground reflections come into play; I'd even argue that up until 4khz where the KEFs elevated treble is seen. While the differences in bass response and slightly elevated treble of the KEF are easily seen. It's exactly what was expected listening to them both.

Both are undoubtedly good performers, with some different areas where they excel. Repeating from earlier, the KEF and their uni-q driver acts a point source and thus have great off axis response from any position. They also have a bit better bass response. While the Emotiva's have a flatter more neutral response and their smaller size and in my case allowed for easier desktop placement and the AMT tweeter really is excellent.
Marc Alexander and Leon O like this.
post #52 of 457 Old 11-07-2017, 09:54 AM

Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageJoeAudio View Post
I just finished up my Review of the Emotiva B1 and I wanted to share the results. I hope this is helpful to people.

Welcome to my review of the Emotiva B1 bookshelf speakers. With the recent expansion of Emotiva's offerings into passive speakers, and their well reviewed multichannel home theater setups. I wanted to understand what the hype is about.
Great review, thanks for sharing

Edited: Just wanted to add that I also use the B1s on my desktop. I use the Emotive BasX S8 (60hz cutoff) to fill out the octave from 30 to 60hz. While the tweeter is obviously a star, I am very impressed with the midrange, particularly since I have been listening to more Classical lately.

Last edited by Leon O; 11-07-2017 at 09:58 AM.
post #53 of 457 Old 08-22-2018, 11:37 AM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
I noticed Emotiva is having a sale on blemished equipment. Anyone have any experience with them? Just curious how bad the unit would be? I'm eyeing the C2 and don't really want to hassle with a return.

Thanks!
post #54 of 457 Old 08-22-2018, 12:21 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 536 Post(s)
Liked: 722
Quote:
Originally Posted by breaktheground View Post
I noticed Emotiva is having a sale on blemished equipment. Anyone have any experience with them? Just curious how bad the unit would be? I'm eyeing the C2 and don't really want to hassle with a return.

Thanks!
I just got a B Stock C2 yesterday. Nothing wrong with it at all as far as I can tell. Just looked like it had been repackaged and the box was beat up a bit, but no more than usual with UPS deliveries. As far as I'm aware, they sell the equipment they get under the 30 day return program as B stock. I also have an XPA-2 that I got from them about 2 years ago when they were still selling B stock on Ebay. Cosmetically perfect and no issues whatsoever.
gajCA and mpk1970 like this.

Display: Vizio P55-E1l Pre-pro: Marantz 7703; Amps: Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Emotiva XPA-3 Gen 1, H/K AVR 520 (direct in to amps); Sources: Sony UBP-X700; X-box 1 S; Technics 1200 Mk II; Win10 PC for digital; Phono Preamp: Emotiva XPS-1; Speakers - LR: Philharmonic BMR LR, Center: Emotiva Airmotiv C2; Surrounds: Wharfedale Reva-2; Rear Surrounds: Wharfedale Diamond 220; Atmos: TF - Monoprice Alpha 8; TR - BIC VI-38; Subwoofers: dual Rythmik L22s
post #55 of 457 Old 08-22-2018, 12:51 PM

Mentioned: 208 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8467 Post(s)
Liked: 5652
Quote:

Thanks!
I'm sure if you call about a specific speaker they'll take photos of the best looking one they have in stock.

In terms of performance they are guaranteed to be "as new."

I've bought two refurb subs over the years and they looked brand spanking new though as Big Daddy says in one case the box was a little worse for wear but the sub was fine.

Geoff A. J., California
post #56 of 457 Old 08-22-2018, 03:05 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesDaddy56 View Post
I just got a B Stock C2 yesterday. Nothing wrong with it at all as far as I can tell. Just looked like it had been repackaged and the box was beat up a bit, but no more than usual with UPS deliveries. As far as I'm aware, they sell the equipment they get under the 30 day return program as B stock. I also have an XPA-2 that I got from them about 2 years ago when they were still selling B stock on Ebay. Cosmetically perfect and no issues whatsoever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajCA View Post
I'm sure if you call about a specific speaker they'll take photos of the best looking one they have in stock.

In terms of performance they are guaranteed to be "as new."

I've bought two refurb subs over the years and they looked brand spanking new though as Big Daddy says in one case the box was a little worse for wear but the sub was fine.
Awesome, thanks! Don't know if its worth it just to save $25. But so tempting.
post #57 of 457 Old 08-22-2018, 03:10 PM

Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Anyone heard the E1’s? I wonder if they would be similar to the B1’s but with less bass. I got them on eBay and will do a comparison of them to the nht super zero 2.1’s as desktop speakers in a 2.1 system.
post #58 of 457 Old 08-22-2018, 03:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Awesome, thanks! Don't know if its worth it just to save $25. But so tempting.
Well, the C2 is $369 full price, and $332 for the B stock, so $37 savings. 10% is something I'll take any day when there is no discernable difference comestically or performance wise. They're already a great deal for what you get.
BufordTJustice and mpk1970 like this.

Display: Vizio P55-E1l Pre-pro: Marantz 7703; Amps: Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Emotiva XPA-3 Gen 1, H/K AVR 520 (direct in to amps); Sources: Sony UBP-X700; X-box 1 S; Technics 1200 Mk II; Win10 PC for digital; Phono Preamp: Emotiva XPS-1; Speakers - LR: Philharmonic BMR LR, Center: Emotiva Airmotiv C2; Surrounds: Wharfedale Reva-2; Rear Surrounds: Wharfedale Diamond 220; Atmos: TF - Monoprice Alpha 8; TR - BIC VI-38; Subwoofers: dual Rythmik L22s
post #59 of 457 Old 08-22-2018, 03:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Quoted: 1279 Post(s)
Liked: 1420
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesDaddy56 View Post
Well, the C2 is $369 full price, and $332 for the B stock, so $37 savings. 10% is something I'll take any day when there is no discernable difference comestically or performance wise. They're already a great deal for what you get.
Let me know how you like. I think its pretty dam awesome

Set up #1 Speakers LRC: Emotiva T2 & C2, Rears: Emotiva B1, Subs (2) 2019 JTR 118HTs, Receiver: Marantz SR5012, 7.2,100 Watt, AMP: Outlaw5000
Set up #2 Son's Room: QA3020i LR, Emotiva C1 Center, Denon AVR, Subs (2) HSU VTF2 MK5,
Set up #3 Elab B6 2.0 Debut w Fosi Audio amp 50W Set up #4 QA3020 w Fosi Audio amp 50W Set up #5 Chane's A1.4 w Fosi Audio 50W amp
post #60 of 457 Old 08-23-2018, 06:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpk1970 View Post
Let me know how you like. I think its pretty dam awesome
I'm already loving it. It's actually not as big as the Magnepan MGCC1 center I have and it seems to blend in well with my BMRs. Of course, at my age the upper extension of my hearing is not what it use to be, but I've watched a number of things in either Atmos or DTS True HD, as well as listened to a DTS multi channel music recording, and have not discerned any "jarring" timbre imbalance. I've not even re-run Audyssey as yet. Waiting on a gooseneck addition for my mic stand so I can ensure the Audyssey mic is properly pointing straight up. Right now, the combination of the stand and adapter I have, combined with my low seating, puts it off perpendicular at a slight angle. Running a full 8 position Audyssey for 11 speakers plus two subs is a time consuming pain.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page