Official Emotiva Airmotiv Speaker Thread - Page 7 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 364Likes

post #181 of 519 Old 09-17-2018, 11:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1366 Post(s)
Liked: 1564
Very odd situation but hey its your ears, your room, and you gave them a shot but didnt like them.
Hope you find the right speakers for your upgrade.
Surprised you didnt like the C2 either.

I dont know if Fluance speakers are warm, but pretty much if you think Emotivas are super bright not too many speakers you will like so I would target very warm speakers.

GL

Set up #1 Speakers LR: Tekton Enzo XL ; Center: Tekton Pendragon Subs (2) 2019 JTR 118HTs
Set up #2 : QA3020i LR, Center: Emotiva C1 Subs (2) HSU VTF2 MK5,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 519 Old 09-17-2018, 12:41 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 226 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7303 Post(s)
Liked: 5587
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBROSCHARD View Post
I would have liked to post my impressions of the Fluance Signatures when I get them but it may not be worth the effort.I
If you dislike treble brightness, the Fluance are very unlikely to please you---the one consistent complaint they get is precisely that. But with them paying for return shipping, no harm in trying them.

If you want VERY safe bets on NON-bright speakers that are consistently described as "warm" with a built in treble roll-off, here are some suggestions:

1. Wharfedale Diamond 230 or 240
2. Q Acoustics 3050
3. Hsu HB-1 or HC-1

Sadly, none of the above offer free return shipping.
BufordTJustice likes this.

~ Are you a "geek hobbyist" obsessed with squeezing out that last 5-10% improvement? The economy will thank you...especially the Chinese one. Or are you more of a get-set-and-forget "casual user" who simply wants to increase your enjoyment of movies, TV and gaming? Relax, HT isn't rocket science, nor does it have to cost an arm and a leg---especially if you ignore the aforementioned vocal minority. And remember to smile...it's just a silly hobby, after all. :)
post #183 of 519 Old 09-17-2018, 01:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Quote:
... I would have liked to post my impressions of the Fluance Signatures when I get them but it may not be worth the effort. I apologize to the folks that remained civil and helpful.
I don't see much here but folks reacting to an unexpected outcome, but even if you post in a non-owner's thread, I would be interested in seeing a link your impressions.

I have tinnitus in both ears (sometimes more noticeable than others*).
I like string music (acoustic, folk/Irish/bluegrass, blues, classical, basically anything with strings) as well as classic rock and more modern stuff.
Klipsh speakers have bothered me in the past.
I liked the MartinLogan Motion 15 more than the B&W in BB/Magnolia.
I have the Q-Acoustics BT3 not sure how they compare to the 3000i or 3050, but very happy for the TV (optical in, sub out, bluetooth for wife's phone, IR remote, simple operation).

I have been planning on Emotiva, MartinLogan, Chane, or the BMR Philharmonitor when I get to set up an actual listening room/system (on up to Golden Ear and such when I am day dreaming).

So I would be interested in your preferences -- and honestly, what/why your experience differs from the expectation. Because I was a little worried that although I really liked the clarity of the MartinLogan in the show-room (both me and the wife picked it in as best an A/B test as you can get with their set-up), I wondered if I would get the ringing with a longer exposure.

v/r,
C-F

* Ringing loud right now, but hardly notice most days. I can't understand most folks speech on first pass and always use captions. However I do pretty well at the beep type of hearing test and can usually "rewind" (both mentally and actual rewind trick-play) and figure out what folks said - so seems to be a processing issue. One theory is that I am adapting to ignore the ringing, so have to consciously turn those freq/(?) back on, but I think there is a lot of guessing around this area.
mpk1970 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #184 of 519 Old 09-17-2018, 01:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1947 Post(s)
Liked: 2094
Quote:
Everything wired securely. I switched back between bi amping and a few times and I could never tell a difference. mpk1970 requested proof that I in fact even purchased these speakers. So here is a photo of them packed up and ready to go back to emotiva. I haven't closed them up yet in case i need to insert some paperwork. I'm sorry that my tin ears did not like these speakers but it's time to stop beating a dead horse and move on.

I would have liked to post my impressions of the Fluance Signatures when I get them but it may not be worth the effort.I apologize to the folks that remained civil and helpful.
The Fluance Signature speakers have a reputation for being bright (atleast according to me and several other posters at the time of the "great Fluance screw-up" with the Sign towers), so it will be interesting to see what your impressions are of these...
mpk1970 likes this.

Set up #1: EMP e5Ti, e5Ci, and EMP e5Bi surrounds, Outlaw LFM1 Plus sub, SVS NSD SB12 sub, Marantz Slimeline 1504 AV receiver
Set up #2: Def Tech SM450, CLR2002, SLS Qline surrounds and EMPtek10i10i sub, Denon 1910 AV receiver
Set up #3: Philharmonics- BMR in a 2.0 system, music only, Yamaha RXV-363 AV receiver
post #185 of 519 Old 09-17-2018, 01:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 599 Post(s)
Liked: 407
Quote:
Everything wired securely. I switched back between bi amping and a few times and I could never tell a difference. mpk1970 requested proof that I in fact even purchased these speakers. So here is a photo of them packed up and ready to go back to emotiva. I haven't closed them up yet in case i need to insert some paperwork. I'm sorry that my tin ears did not like these speakers but it's time to stop beating a dead horse and move on.

I would have liked to post my impressions of the Fluance Signatures when I get them but it may not be worth the effort.I apologize to the folks that remained civil and helpful.
Please post your opinion of any speakers you purchase. I haven't interpreted any criticism about your opinion. Your ears, your money. You have every right to get what you want. Best of luck.

With that said. I have only heard the T1's and C1. I have heard speakers that I would describe as bright. Emotiva is not one of those. I have heard Dynaudio's that to me sounded bright. That statement would get me flogged in some threads. I keep a pair of Klipsch KG 5 because they have a detailed warm sound and absolutely no brightness. I have owned Heresy and thought they were bright.

I owned a Yamaha RXA 860. I thought it had a lean sound quality when compared to most AVR's I have owned. Perhaps that is contributing to some of your dislike because the Emotiva's are a heavier load than the Klipsch.

Doesn't matter if you are unhappy. Again, good luck.
Zorba922, Lp85253 and mpk1970 like this.
post #186 of 519 Old 09-18-2018, 09:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 2131 Post(s)
Liked: 1801
you never know what will do it for somebody's ears.. if nothing else it's a lesson learned in what he likes or dislikes..remember guys(i hope i'm preaching to the choir) it IS just a silly hobby.. i think we are observing very quick maturation into the hobby is all, mistakes are made(by us all)...

YAMAHA TSR 5790.. front l/r emotiva b1's and /or kef q100's ..BIC v1220.....Emotiva basx10.... ascend cbm 170 center.. polk t15 rears..samsung 55" j620d
bedroom .. YAMAHA r-xv 383... front l/r.. wharfedale 10.1s... ascend cbm 170 center ... Emotiva basx8... samsung ku6300 50 in
post #187 of 519 Old 09-19-2018, 11:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 501 Post(s)
Liked: 357
I just received my Emotiva "factory renewed" set of speakers consisting of 2 pairs of the Airmotiv E2 surround speakers and the C2 center speaker.

They all looked brand-new once removing them from their cloth bags, nary a scratch to be found, the shipping boxes were new with all manuals unopened.

I am absolutely sure these speakers are not in any way "factory renewed" and that Emotiva is simply trying to get rid of excess inventory by offering a small discount.

Interesting enough, after i sent the payment via Paypal the company took off another $40 from the total cost, go figure !

As expected, after reading the reviews at Sound & Vision for the T1 line and at Secrets Of Home Theater And High Fidelity for the T2 and the C2, they sound superb, truly a best-buy bargain.

I am attaching the frequency response curves for the T2 and C2, the main reason i decided on these speakers : amazing near ruler-flat response from 40 Hz to 20 Khz.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Emotiva T2 Frequency Response.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	2457106   Click image for larger version

Name:	Emotiva C2 frequency response.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	2457108  

Sony XBR-940E, Integra DHC-80.2, Oppo 103, Sound Lab A-1 electrostatic speakers,SVS PC12-NSD subs, InnerSound Electrostatic Amp,, Hafler 220 amp, Harman Kardon PA5800 amp, Pioneer LD-W1, Darbee Darblet, DVDO iScan Mini, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha CR-7, Koss ESP/950, Stax SR-40, Audeze Isine 10, etc, etc.

Last edited by MCaugusto; 09-19-2018 at 02:54 PM.
post #188 of 519 Old 09-19-2018, 12:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCaugusto View Post
I just received my Emotiva "factory renewed" set of speakers consisting of 2 pairs of the Airmotif E2 surround speakers and the C2 center speaker.

They all looked brand-new once removing them from their cloth bags, nary a scratch to be found, the shipping boxes were new with all manuals unopened.

I am absolutely sure these speakers are not in any way "factory renewed" and that Emotiva is simply trying to get rid of excess inventory by offering a small discount.

Interesting enough, after i sent the payment via Paypal the company took off another $40 from the total cost, go figure !

As expected, after reading the reviews at Sound & Vision for the T1 line and at Secrets Of Home Theater And High Fidelity for the T2 and the C2, they sound superb, truly a best-buy bargain.

I am attaching the frequency response curves for the T2 and C2, the main reason i decided on these speakers : amazing near ruler-flat response from 40 Hz to 20 Khz.
congrats!
lil confused
did you buy the E2, C2 and T2s?

Set up #1 Speakers LR: Tekton Enzo XL ; Center: Tekton Pendragon Subs (2) 2019 JTR 118HTs
post #189 of 519 Old 09-19-2018, 02:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 501 Post(s)
Liked: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpk1970 View Post
congrats!
lil confused
did you buy the E2, C2 and T2s?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I purchased two pairs of Airmotiv E2 for surround L/R and surround back L/R channels plus one "beastly" C2 center speaker.

I "mated" them with my pair of front left/right speakers which are humongous Sound Lab electrostatic flat panels that i would hate to part with (if for any reason, simply trying to move them out of my basement HT room would be a nightmare !), but based on the excellent review of the Airmotiv T2 at Secrets Of Home Theater magazine i would have no problem either purchasing them or recommending them to others.

In fact, if i had enough space for larger surround speakers, i would have definitely purchased two pairs of T1 instead of the E2.

I think Emotiva should consider introducing beefier surround speakers with a similar design : two folded ribbon tweeters on each side panel plus an 8" woofer, a pair of 3" midrange drivers and front ports on the front panel. That would be a set of "killer" surround speakers !
mpk1970 likes this.

Sony XBR-940E, Integra DHC-80.2, Oppo 103, Sound Lab A-1 electrostatic speakers,SVS PC12-NSD subs, InnerSound Electrostatic Amp,, Hafler 220 amp, Harman Kardon PA5800 amp, Pioneer LD-W1, Darbee Darblet, DVDO iScan Mini, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha CR-7, Koss ESP/950, Stax SR-40, Audeze Isine 10, etc, etc.
post #190 of 519 Old 09-19-2018, 04:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCaugusto View Post
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I purchased two pairs of Airmotiv E2 for surround L/R and surround back L/R channels plus one "beastly" C2 center speaker.

I "mated" them with my pair of front left/right speakers which are humongous Sound Lab electrostatic flat panels that i would hate to part with (if for any reason, simply trying to move them out of my basement HT room would be a nightmare !), but based on the excellent review of the Airmotiv T2 at Secrets Of Home Theater magazine i would have no problem either purchasing them or recommending them to others.

In fact, if i had enough space for larger surround speakers, i would have definitely purchased two pairs of T1 instead of the E2.

I think Emotiva should consider introducing beefier surround speakers with a similar design : two folded ribbon tweeters on each side panel plus an 8" woofer, a pair of 3" midrange drivers and front ports on the front panel. That would be a set of "killer" surround speakers !
I definitely hope they continue to upgrade their speaker offerings in the future
MCaugusto and Lp85253 like this.

post #191 of 519 Old 09-21-2018, 02:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Ive been running audesay lately and it sets my speakers to very weird crossover (Front 40 Hz Center 150Hz and surrounds 120Hz) and wanted to know for the most part what you guys set the crossover for the C2 at.
post #192 of 519 Old 09-21-2018, 03:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardccm View Post
Ive been running audesay lately and it sets my speakers to very weird crossover (Front 40 Hz Center 150Hz and surrounds 120Hz) and wanted to know for the most part what you guys set the crossover for the C2 at.
Did the same to me
I hate Audyssey with a passion, everybody telling me for subs, speakers, its the BE ALL END ALL>> ALPHA OMEGA
That crap is horrible
It set mine at 40hz also
Just manually set everything to 80 hz
Set things to what sounds best to you, not some software
Let the pro's love Audyssey so they get "perfect" sound waves but sound like ****
Give me sloppy graphs via Audyssey but awesome sounding to my ears

anyhow, sorry about the rant, just 1 guys opinion might not mean much...but I would def set cross at 80 if you have good subs. I have great subs, and good towers with good low and I still rather see my subs working than the speaker drivers.
Zorba922 and Lp85253 like this.

post #193 of 519 Old 09-27-2018, 09:19 AM

Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by CANNON-FODDER View Post
I don't see much here but folks reacting to an unexpected outcome, but even if you post in a non-owner's thread, I would be interested in seeing a link your impressions.

I have tinnitus in both ears (sometimes more noticeable than others*).
I like string music (acoustic, folk/Irish/bluegrass, blues, classical, basically anything with strings) as well as classic rock and more modern stuff.
Klipsh speakers have bothered me in the past.
I liked the MartinLogan Motion 15 more than the B&W in BB/Magnolia.
I have the Q-Acoustics BT3 not sure how they compare to the 3000i or 3050, but very happy for the TV (optical in, sub out, bluetooth for wife's phone, IR remote, simple operation).

I have been planning on Emotiva, MartinLogan, Chane, or the BMR Philharmonitor when I get to set up an actual listening room/system (on up to Golden Ear and such when I am day dreaming).

So I would be interested in your preferences -- and honestly, what/why your experience differs from the expectation. Because I was a little worried that although I really liked the clarity of the MartinLogan in the show-room (both me and the wife picked it in as best an A/B test as you can get with their set-up), I wondered if I would get the ringing with a longer exposure.

v/r,
C-F

* Ringing loud right now, but hardly notice most days. I can't understand most folks speech on first pass and always use captions. However I do pretty well at the beep type of hearing test and can usually "rewind" (both mentally and actual rewind trick-play) and figure out what folks said - so seems to be a processing issue. One theory is that I am adapting to ignore the ringing, so have to consciously turn those freq/(?) back on, but I think there is a lot of guessing around this area.
I had tinnitus in one ear only...very odd.
I got tested and I had medium hearing loss in that ear.
You need to get checked by an audiologist.
I wear a Lyric hearing aid in one ear now.

I have the Emotiva T1's, B1's and E1's. Still hooking them up in a 5.2.4 system. I will give my impressions once I'm up and running.
tomd51, Lp85253 and mpk1970 like this.
post #194 of 519 Old 09-29-2018, 04:48 PM

Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Finally tried these Emotiva's out.

They are not bright in anyway. They are very good speakers
Zorba922 and Lp85253 like this.
post #195 of 519 Old 10-25-2018, 07:16 PM
Lifetime Newbie!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 14
So doing some Emotiva Airmotiv planning. I ordered the T2s and the C2 and I will get the B1s or E1s for surrounds. Question is how do the E1s sound compared to the B1s? I see the flatness in the E1s (physical flattens not sound wave flatness) and I wonder if they are giving up anything in sound. I will get the B1s for sure for my rear speakers but the E1s would be nice for side speakers but I just don’t want to give up any sound. What do you guys think that own them?
mpk1970 likes this.
post #196 of 519 Old 10-26-2018, 08:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Phillips View Post
So doing some Emotiva Airmotiv planning. I ordered the T2s and the C2 and I will get the B1s or E1s for surrounds. Question is how do the E1s sound compared to the B1s? I see the flatness in the E1s (physical flattens not sound wave flatness) and I wonder if they are giving up anything in sound. I will get the B1s for sure for my rear speakers but the E1s would be nice for side speakers but I just don’t want to give up any sound. What do you guys think that own them?
Congrats!
I have T2, C2,C1, B1s all have the folded ribbon twitter and their signatures are pretty similar. I would imagine the E1s have the same sound signature as the B1s.
Lp85253 likes this.

post #197 of 519 Old 10-26-2018, 09:17 AM

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4699 Post(s)
Liked: 2747
Quote:
I don't own them, but I have heard them. You do give up some mid to mid-lower frequency reproduction with the E1's compared to the B1's leading to possibly needing to raise the bass management crossover settings on the E1's beyond 80 Hz that you might use with the B1's.

This is due to the shallower cabinet volume.
Zorba922, Lp85253 and mpk1970 like this.

Listen up, studios! Dolby Atmos Lite™ print-outs must stop!!

Last edited by Dan Hitchman; 10-26-2018 at 09:20 AM.
post #198 of 519 Old 10-26-2018, 01:39 PM

Mentioned: 231 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9259 Post(s)
Liked: 6365
Quote:
T1 purple, C1 green, E1 red.

https://www.soundandvision.com/conte...iew-test-bench

mpk1970 likes this.

Geoff A. J., California
post #199 of 519 Old 10-26-2018, 04:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman View Post
I don't own them, but I have heard them. You do give up some mid to mid-lower frequency reproduction with the E1's compared to the B1's leading to possibly needing to raise the bass management crossover settings on the E1's beyond 80 Hz that you might use with the B1's.

This is due to the shallower cabinet volume.
Great point but he probably don't even need to worry about it...if B1s are rears, E1s are side's, The T1s and subs will do most of the lower end.
E1s and B1s will just "fill in" vocals/voice/misc sounds

post #200 of 519 Old 10-29-2018, 12:46 PM

Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 156
I'm in a process of planning a compact basic HT for my bedroom and I have the B1, E1, C2 speakers as option on my short list to listen but I noticed that the C2 is a 4 Ohm center, does it mean that is it hard to drive or bad at low volume? At night I wouldn't use the system at loud levels, AVR will be something from the usual brands like a Denon X4500H or similar. Should I cross this from my list? I'm looking for something neutral/natural speakers and these are said to be that so I added to my listening list. Thanks in advance
post #201 of 519 Old 10-29-2018, 01:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 494 Post(s)
Liked: 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatallerror View Post
I'm in a process of planning a compact basic HT for my bedroom and I have the B1, E1, C2 speakers as option on my short list to listen but I noticed that the C2 is a 4 Ohm center, does it mean that is it hard to drive or bad at low volume? At night I wouldn't use the system at loud levels, AVR will be something from the usual brands like a Denon X4500H or similar. Should I cross this from my list? I'm looking for something neutral/natural speakers and these are said to be that so I added to my listening list. Thanks in advance
You will be just fine with a 4 ohm center like the C2. The X4500H is capable of driving speakers from 4 ohm to 8 ohm without any difficulty. Keep that nice center on your list
Zorba922 likes this.
post #202 of 519 Old 10-29-2018, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocrh View Post
You will be just fine with a 4 ohm center like the C2. The X4500H is capable of driving speakers from 4 ohm to 8 ohm without any difficulty. Keep that nice center on your list
Oh cool so it's not something to worry about, then Emotiva Airmotiv lineup stays on my list, high on the list maybe higher than the Polk Sig Since it's a speaker sound is the most important but I also love the look of the Emotiva Airmotiv, kinda reminds me of the Star Wars interior designs
cocrh likes this.
post #203 of 519 Old 10-29-2018, 02:36 PM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
I run B1's and a C1 which is also 4 ohms rated with a Marantz NR1607 which is only 50w per channel and they sound fine and get loud enough; that Denon shouldn't have a problem at all.
post #204 of 519 Old 10-29-2018, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khcoach View Post
I run B1's and a C1 which is also 4 ohms rated with a Marantz NR1607 which is only 50w per channel and they sound fine and get loud enough; that Denon shouldn't have a problem at all.
Awesome, any reason why your choice was the C1 instead of the C2? I mean have you listened both or you just went with the C1?
post #205 of 519 Old 10-29-2018, 02:54 PM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Awesome, any reason why your choice was the C1 instead of the C2? I mean have you listened both or you just went with the C1?
it's cheaper and smaller. Didn't need that big of a center channel with smaller bookshelves as fronts. Some have said the C2 might be over kill to go with B1's on a thread on here somewhere. I bought the C1 and B1 based off recommendations on here and a real good price for "like new" on Amazon.
Lp85253 likes this.
post #206 of 519 Old 10-29-2018, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khcoach View Post
it's cheaper and smaller. Didn't need that big of a center channel with smaller bookshelves as fronts. Some have said the C2 might be over kill to go with B1's on a thread on here somewhere. I bought the C1 and B1 based off recommendations on here and a real good price for "like new" on Amazon.
I'm sure that dialog is great with both and sound signature should be similar, I might check the C1 out since I also want the B1 for fronts. I would search for it but too short to get result with the forum search
post #207 of 519 Old 10-29-2018, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Oh cool so it's not something to worry about, then Emotiva Airmotiv lineup stays on my list, high on the list maybe higher than the Polk Sig Since it's a speaker sound is the most important but I also love the look of the Emotiva Airmotiv, kinda reminds me of the Star Wars interior designs

It's only if you really crank the volume and stress the more puny receiver amps and shared power supply that adding an external power amp may be warranted.

post #208 of 519 Old 10-30-2018, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman View Post
It's only if you really crank the volume and stress the more puny receiver amps and shared power supply that adding an external power amp may be warranted.
So these speakers only worth it if I use midrange AVR like the mentioned X4500H? However I won't need to crank the volume up since it's a small room.
post #209 of 519 Old 10-30-2018, 09:20 AM

Mentioned: 226 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7303 Post(s)
Liked: 5587
Quote:
So these speakers only worth it if I use midrange AVR like the mentioned X4500H? However I won't need to crank the volume up since it's a small room.
Nope. I was running my B1/C1 front stage with a 12 year old, $200 Panasonic AVR for half a year, zero problems, didn't even get any warmer than with my previous speakers.
Lp85253 likes this.

~ Are you a "geek hobbyist" obsessed with squeezing out that last 5-10% improvement? The economy will thank you...especially the Chinese one. Or are you more of a get-set-and-forget "casual user" who simply wants to increase your enjoyment of movies, TV and gaming? Relax, HT isn't rocket science, nor does it have to cost an arm and a leg---especially if you ignore the aforementioned vocal minority. And remember to smile...it's just a silly hobby, after all. :)
post #210 of 519 Old 10-30-2018, 09:27 AM

Quote:

Some cheaper receivers may overheat when driving less resistant speakers and/or those with lower sensitivity ratings. It really depends. Me? I always used outboard power amps and then went exclusively to pre-amp/amp combos, but since this is a bedroom situation and smaller speakers you might get away with a somewhat cheaper receiver... as long as it as the requisite Dolby Atmos renderer for the speaker layout you want.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page