Speaker recommendations for a noob - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 76Likes

post #1 of 57 Old 08-12-2016, 11:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Speaker recommendations for a noob

Hey all, I have been wanting to build my home theater for awhile now. I just had to wait until my old TV died. Lightning struck literally the other night (fried my TV, cable box, surge protector) so here I am in need of some help.

I decided to go with a Samsung UN65KS8000 for the TV part. The sound part is where I am getting lost. I think I would like to start with a 2.1 system and expand to 5.1 eventually.

1) Your budget. I'd like to keep it around $1000 for the initial 2.1 parts. Some give to the budget if it will gain me noticeable performance
2) Your listening interests: movies/gaming/music--and whether or not any of those are your primary concern. Mostly movies, TV some gaming, little music
3) Your existing audio equipment (make/models) if any. Include comments about what you hope to improve upon.
Nothing here
4) The size of your room. Please also mention if there are adjacent open areas and how big they are (important for subwoofer choice).
Basement room 12x24 a hallway off to the other part of the basement.
5) Any placement restrictions. no
6) Any aesthetic or size concerns.
no
7) Any equipment you are already considering (or would not consider). I've been looking around and got overwhelmed by the many choices.
8) Any particular audio sonic signatures you know you prefer (e.g., you are a basshead, you have a preference for bright treble, etc.) no

Hopefully that is enough info to get some help, if you need more let me know. Thanks!
Madmax67 and christoofar like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 57 Old 08-12-2016, 12:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2263 Post(s)
Liked: 3110
Welcome to AVS . And thank you for taking the time and giving us much need information. Of course, we always like more . How far away is your main listening position from your TV/Speakers? How loud do you like to play movies?

I understand being overwhelmed. There are literally hundreds of speakers to choose from. You are looking at a time that there are many excellent choices for not a lot of money, which is good because you are not only looking for two speakers and a sub, but an AVR as well.

I will be directing you to internet direct companies that provide good sound and value. Take a look at the following to see if anything interests you (note, prices may have changed):

$210 / pair (check on shipping) Philharmonic Audio Affordable Accuracy bookshelf speakers: http://philharmonicaudio.com/aa.html Uses a 1-inch silk dome tweeter and a 6-1/2 inch driver. This rear ported speaker is 6 Ohm w/ 84.5 sensitivity rating. Freq resp: 48Hz to 20 kHz +/- 3 dB.

$225 / pair (includes one-way shipping) RBH/EMP Tek R5Bi bookshelf speaker (formally E5Bi): http://emptek.com/r5bi.php Uses a 1-inch fabric dome tweeter and a 5-1/4 inch driver. This rear ported speaker is 8 Ohm w/85 dB sensitivity rating: Freq resp: 60 Hz to 20 kHz +/- 3 dB.

$230 / pair (check on shipping) ELAC B5 bookshelf speaker: http://elac.us/speakers Uses a 1-inch cloth dome tweeter and a 5-1/4 inch driver. This rear ported speaker is 6 Ohm w/85 dB sensitivity rating. Freq resp: 46 Hz to 20 kHz (no +/- dB output given).

$230 / pair (check on shipping) Wave Crest HVL-1 bookshelf speaker: http://www.wavecrestaudio.com/produc...udspeaker-pair This front ported speaker is 8 Ohm w/86 dB sensitivity rating. Freq rep: 63 Hz to 20 kHz +/- 3 dB.

$298 / pair (check on shipping, but rather high) Chane A1rx-c bookshelf speaker: http://www.chanemusiccinema.com/chan...peakers/A1rx-c Uses a 1-1/4 x 2-1/4 inch panel leaf tweeter and a 5-1/4 inch driver. This rear ported speaker is 8 Ohm w/85 dB sensitivity rating. Freq resp: 55 Hz to 25 kHz +/- 3 dB.

$319 - $349 / pair depending on finish (check on shipping) HTD Level THREE bookshelf speaker: http://www.htd.com/Products/level-th...shelf-Speakers Uses a horn loaded ribbon tweeter and a 6-1/2 inch driver. This front ported speaker is 8 Ohm w/88 dB sensitivity rating. Freq resp: 47 Hz to 40 kHz (no +/- dB output given)

There are several others that will be mentioned that are just as good as the above. All that being said, it's best to audition speakers whenever you can.

===

As far as subwoofers, the following ID companies have offerings from $400 to around $600 or so:

SVS (look at the PB-1000) $500 & free shipping both ways
Rythmik (look at the LV12R) around $550 with free one-way shipping
Outlaw Audio (look at the Ultra X-12) often goes on sale for around $550, but normally priced around $650. Check on shipping
RSL (look at the 10S). $400. Check on shipping

===

For your AVR needs, check both Crutchfield (look for last year’s models to save) and Accessories4Less (factory refurbished and can save you more money). They both will show a wide range of AVRs. I’d be looking at those under $250.
bulldog78 and Madmax67 like this.

Music area: Magnepan 3.6, McIntosh MC2205 amp & C48 preamp, SVS SB13-Ultra, Oppo BDP 95, dbx 3BX, and assorted equipment.
Movie area: EMP Tek E5Bi (were rebadged to R5Bi), RBH/EMP Tek R55Ti, PSA S3000i, Denon X2000, Oppo BDP 83.
post #3 of 57 Old 08-12-2016, 12:18 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 2668 Post(s)
Liked: 3016
First, you need a receiver. There are budget receivers that work very well. Such as the Denon AVR-S510BT. However, that receiver does not have room EQ. Audyssey MultEQ takes measurements of your room, automatically determines many setup configurations, and then creates an EQ profile to smooth the response in your room. Yamaha, Marantz, and Pioneer also have good room EQ. The thing is that you will likely pay a bit more for that feature than the base entry level model without roomEQ, but I think roomEQ can be a big help in improving SQ. So depending on which way you go, you might be able to get by with $250 or $350. You can also save money by looking at previous year's model receivers at accessories4less.com.

A subwoofer is a big driver with a big enclosure and its own amp and so they can get quite expensive vs. very basic level budget subs. Given the size your room, you don't necessarily need a giant output, very high powered sub. However, there are benefits to getting a good sub in terms of sound quality and the ability to play below 30hz. For this reason, I would recommend the EMP Tek I-12 that they have on clearance: http://emptek.com/bs3768778895RR.php. You'd probably have to spend $600 to do as well.

Since you are building your system out and buying a sub, start with bookshelf speakers. When one is getting a sub, tower speakers offer less benefit. Plus, whatever bookshelf speakers you buy could be moved to surround duty later on if you decide you would rather have towers. For bookshelves, I recommend considering

Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 SE
EMP Tek R5Bi (they also have some on clearance)
Chane A1RX-C
HSU HB-1
bulldog78, Madmax67 and raxxx like this.

Your questions are answered: Speaker FAQ
Living room HT: Energy RC-50, Ascend Sierra Horizon w/RAAL, Ascend Sierra 1, PSB Imagine XA | PSA V1500 and CHT SS 18.1 | Denon X4200W | modified Dayton SA1000
Other rooms: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | Parasound Zamp | JBL LSR305
Headphone & Portable AKG K7XX | HE-400i | NAD HP50 | Sony MDR-1A | Soundmagic E50 & E80 | X5ii | DX50 | E12
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 57 Old 08-12-2016, 12:24 PM

Mentioned: 239 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9546 Post(s)
Liked: 6587
DRussel has given you some excellent ideas, can't fault any of them.

HSU offers a 2.1 package for a little over $700 delivered that gives you a sub that plays down to 25hz.

http://www.hsuresearch.com/packages.html

Numerous "professional" reviews can be found on their home page.

My sister in law bought a refurbished Denon receiver and it looks/plays like brand new.

But you can get a brand new one with 75 watts/channel for under $300...but here is a refurb for under $200.

Maybe if you buy the cheaper receiver you can upgrade to the HSU 3.1 system.

http://www.accessories4less.com/make...odZk4OWQ#!more
bulldog78, raxxx and Madmax67 like this.
post #5 of 57 Old 08-12-2016, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter

Wow, great information! Thank you so much. Helping me narrow down the choices helps immensely!
post #6 of 57 Old 08-12-2016, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog78 View Post
Wow, great information! Thank you so much. Helping me narrow down the choices helps immensely!
BTW when DRussel says "ID speakers" that means "internet direct" speakers.
Madmax67 and bulldog78 like this.
post #7 of 57 Old 08-12-2016, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post
First, you need a receiver. There are budget receivers that work very well. Such as the Denon AVR-S510BT. However, that receiver does not have room EQ. Audyssey MultEQ takes measurements of your room, automatically determines many setup configurations, and then creates an EQ profile to smooth the response in your room. Yamaha, Marantz, and Pioneer also have good room EQ. The thing is that you will likely pay a bit more for that feature than the base entry level model without roomEQ, but I think roomEQ can be a big help in improving SQ. So depending on which way you go, you might be able to get by with $250 or $350. You can also save money by looking at previous year's model receivers at accessories4less.com.

A subwoofer is a big driver with a big enclosure and its own amp and so they can get quite expensive vs. very basic level budget subs. Given the size your room, you don't necessarily need a giant output, very high powered sub. However, there are benefits to getting a good sub in terms of sound quality and the ability to play below 30hz. For this reason, I would recommend the EMP Tek I-12 that they have on clearance: http://emptek.com/bs3768778895RR.php. You'd probably have to spend $600 to do as well.

Since you are building your system out and buying a sub, start with bookshelf speakers. When one is getting a sub, tower speakers offer less benefit. Plus, whatever bookshelf speakers you buy could be moved to surround duty later on if you decide you would rather have towers. For bookshelves, I recommend considering

Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 SE
EMP Tek R5Bi (they also have some on clearance)
Chane A1RX-C
HSU HB-1
Good stuff.

The Denon 510 does have rudimentary room eq using a microphone, but not Audyssey as in their higher priced models.
bulldog78 likes this.
post #8 of 57 Old 08-12-2016, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter

Ok, so how does this set up sound?

Receiver- Denon x1200 $369 @ accessories4less
Speakers- R5Bi Bookshelf Speakers [email protected] emptek.com
Sub- svs pb1000 [email protected] amazon

acefr and pcfriedrich like this.
post #9 of 57 Old 08-12-2016, 01:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

I think it would sound fantastic (then again, I have a big soft spot for the R5Bi's). Once you decide to expand your system, a third R5Bi (even turned on its side, like I do) will give you an excellent center channel. The surrounds don't have to be from EMP Tek. The PB-1000 is a solid choice in your room, but even better is that if you're not completely impressed, they pick up the return shipping.

All that being said, each room is different and each of us has a certain sound signature we gravitate to. If, for whatever reason, the R5Bi's doesn't provide you with what you seek in a speaker, it will cost you 25 bucks to return them.

Music area: Magnepan 3.6, McIntosh MC2205 amp & C48 preamp, SVS SB13-Ultra, Oppo BDP 95, dbx 3BX, and assorted equipment.
Movie area: EMP Tek E5Bi (were rebadged to R5Bi), RBH/EMP Tek R55Ti, PSA S3000i, Denon X2000, Oppo BDP 83.
post #10 of 57 Old 08-12-2016, 01:18 PM

Quote:

Good job.
bulldog78 likes this.
post #11 of 57 Old 08-12-2016, 01:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
One thing I meant to note. I’d order directly from SVS. They give you a 45-day in-home trial period. I’d also talk to them about the PB-1000. They have great customer service and will answer all your questions. Take a good look at their website. They have one of the best warranties in the business. If, within a year, you’d like to upgrade, I think they will give you full price on your old sub. They have a bill of rights for the consumer, so you will know exactly what to expect from them.

post #12 of 57 Old 08-12-2016, 01:49 PM

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7690 Post(s)
Liked: 5846
Quote:

I would think that if you bought the SVS sub directly from SVS, it'd be a lot easier if you needed to use their free 2-way shipping policy.

Also, if you wanted to save a little change you can look at SVS's B-stock offerings, which still come with the same warranty and (if I'm not mistaken) the same free return shipping:
http://www.svsound.com/collections/o...als/outlet-sub

The EMPTek speakers are cheaper on B-stock (which are probably just A-stock that they want to clear out) but you lose the option of returning unless there's a defect:
http://emptek.com/bstockZ1744.php

Also, the EMPTek I-12 subwoofer is worth looking into, both the b-stock and A-stock. Its disadvantage is sheer cabinet size and shorter warranty, but if you've got the space it's an excellent value and cabinet is beautiful like the speakers...should be even better than the PB1000.

~ Are you a "geek hobbyist" obsessed with squeezing out that last 5-10% improvement? The economy will thank you...especially the Chinese one. Or are you more of a get-set-and-forget "casual user" who simply wants to increase your enjoyment of movies, TV and gaming? Relax, HT isn't rocket science, nor does it have to cost an arm and a leg---especially if you ignore the aforementioned vocal minority. And remember to smile...it's just a silly hobby, after all. :)
post #13 of 57 Old 08-12-2016, 01:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Quoted: 3592 Post(s)
Liked: 3029
Quote:

Excellent choices! I'm think you'll like your system.
As for your receiver, you can get a brand new Denon X2200 with a full 3 year warranty for $499. It is a pretty good deal (IMO).
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_033AVX2...nd.html?tp=179

Kef LS50,Q200C, Q100, Kef Kube 10B (X2) , Denon AVR-X3400H, NAD 216 THX, Panasonic 50" Plasma, Xbox One.
Bedroom: Kef Q100 ,JBL Loft 20, SVS SB-2000, Denon AVR-S710W, PS3, 32" Insigna LED.
post #14 of 57 Old 08-12-2016, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrussell View Post
I think it would sound fantastic (then again, I have a big soft spot for the R5Bi's). Once you decide to expand your system, a third R5Bi (even turned on its side, like I do) will give you an excellent center channel. The surrounds don't have to be from EMP Tek. The PB-1000 is a solid choice in your room, but even better is that if you're not completely impressed, they pick up the return shipping.

All that being said, each room is different and each of us has a certain sound signature we gravitate to. If, for whatever reason, the R5Bi's doesn't provide you with what you seek in a speaker, it will cost you 25 bucks to return them.

Great thanks so much! I'll get the sub from the SVS site, thanks.

Ok just double checking the rest of the materials I will need, anything else I need to get started that I left out?

speaker wire: C&E 100 Feet 14AWG Enhanced Loud Oxygen-Free Copper Speaker Wire Cable, CNE62761
banana plugs: AmazonBasics 24k Gold Connector Banana Plugs - 24-Pack (12 Red, 12 Black)
Mediabridge ULTRA Series Subwoofer Cable (15 Feet) - Dual Shielded with Gold Plated RCA to RCA Connectors - Black

TEKTON 3797 7-Inch Wire Stripper/Cutter
Not married to any of these, I just found them on a guide, so if you have better choices please let me know.

Thanks for all the help guys!
Madmax67 likes this.
post #15 of 57 Old 08-12-2016, 02:35 PM

Speaker stands?

Crutchfield has good prices on Sanus Stands.

HDMI cables?

Monoprice has excellent pricing on all cables.

http://www.monoprice.com/category/pa...FcNefgod-ZEJaQ
post #16 of 57 Old 08-12-2016, 02:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Ok just double checking the rest of the materials I will need, anything else I need to get started that I left out?

speaker wire: C&E 100 Feet 14AWG Enhanced Loud Oxygen-Free Copper Speaker Wire Cable, CNE62761
banana plugs: AmazonBasics 24k Gold Connector Banana Plugs - 24-Pack (12 Red, 12 Black)
Mediabridge ULTRA Series Subwoofer Cable (15 Feet) - Dual Shielded with Gold Plated RCA to RCA Connectors - Black

Not married to any of these, I just found them on a guide, so if you have better choices please let me know.

Those all look just fine, but since you won’t know where your subwoofer is going, I might opt for a longer subwoofer cable so it could reach any point in the room.

One thing about subwoofers, is that you need to place them where the subwoofer is telling you to place them. You find this out by doing the subwoofer crawl test: http://www.audioholics.com/home-thea...ofer-placement

Anytime you need help on subwoofer integration, call SVS. Also go to the subwoofer forum. There is a world of experience over there.

You’ll also need to consider speaker stands. Amazon has hundreds to choose from. Some of the more popular ones come from Sanus. Many are around $40/pair.

Once you have setup your speakers to give you the best sound, and have integrated your subwoofer, you’ll want to run Audyssey. You’ll get a lot of help from members here on AVS. There is also a very important Audyssey FAQ post that you can find here: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...l#post21782993

Lastly, since you seem to be going with the EMP Teks, you might want to read Andrew Robinson’s review on these speakers: http://hometheaterreview.com/emp-tek...aker-reviewed/

And do let us know how things go as you proceed .

Last edited by dsrussell; 08-12-2016 at 02:57 PM.
post #17 of 57 Old 08-12-2016, 03:05 PM - Thread Starter

Perfect! I'll keep you posted. Thanks again for all the help everyone!
Zorba922 likes this.
post #18 of 57 Old 08-12-2016, 03:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 3088 Post(s)
Liked: 2881
Quote:
Lightning struck literally the other night (fried my TV, cable box, surge protector)
Sounds like your first investment ought to be a more robust power conditioner / protection for your electronics. One with a warranty of some sort on connected equipment.
bulldog78 likes this.
post #19 of 57 Old 08-12-2016, 05:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayGuy View Post
Sounds like your first investment ought to be a more robust power conditioner / protection for your electronics. One with a warranty of some sort on connected equipment.

Yeah I was going to look into a better one before I plug stuff in, is there a highly recommended one here? It was weird, nothing else got damaged in our house. Just the one outlet with that TV, surge protector, and cable box.
post #20 of 57 Old 08-12-2016, 07:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 3088 Post(s)
Liked: 2881
Sorry, can't help you there. I have no issues with lightning here, so never had the need for lightning protection. I've heard good things about Tripplite (as a conditioner), but the lightning resistance was not my focus at the time, so check them out carefully.

It might make sense to open a thread that specifically asks the question (in the title) regarding lightning protection. Something like "Anyone have equipment SURVIVE a lightening strike ... " or "What do you use for protection against lightning strikes"?

Search the internet (maybe start with Amazon, they have lots of user responses).
bulldog78 likes this.
post #21 of 57 Old 08-12-2016, 07:22 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 496 Post(s)
Liked: 187
There was a thread on here that had best 2.0 speakers under $500. For the life of me I cannot find it. That had some great reviews of some bookshelf speakers.
bulldog78 likes this.
post #22 of 57 Old 08-12-2016, 08:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theriddler07sms View Post
There was a thread on here that had best 2.0 speakers under $500. For the life of me I cannot find it. That had some great reviews of some bookshelf speakers.
I know the thread well. One of the best threads that has been produced in a few years. Most of the speakers brian auditioned are on the list I posted above, or were mentioned by others. He didn’t audition the EMP Tek, which is quite alright. The poor guy spent a lot of time and effort on all those he did audition. I’d have to go through a ton of threads to find it, but it would have been nice if the OP could have viewed it.

Plus, let’s face facts. When people see the price on the EMP Teks, they naturally feel they cannot be nearly as good as people claim. It’s an understandable reaction. More than one person didn’t audition them because of their low price.
Madmax67 and bulldog78 like this.

post #23 of 57 Old 08-12-2016, 09:12 PM - Thread Starter

Ok another question on speaker stands, does the top plate have to be bigger than the speaker dimensions? I measured my sitting height and it looks like a 24 inch stand would put the speakers at the correct level I believe.

Sanus NF24B Natural Foundations Series 24" tall medium bookshelf speaker stands look like they have a top plate of 7.5x7.5 inches. The dimensions on speakers are 8 x 6.9 x 12.8 inches

How do they attach?
post #24 of 57 Old 08-12-2016, 09:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Ok another question on speaker stands, does the top plate have to be bigger than the speaker dimensions? I measured my sitting height and it looks like a 24 inch stand would put the speakers at the correct level I believe.

Sanus NF24B Natural Foundations Series 24" tall medium bookshelf speaker stands look like they have a top plate of 7.5x7.5 inches. The dimensions on speakers are 8 x 6.9 x 12.8 inches

How do they attach?
It's often better to have the top plate slightly smaller than the speaker, but it's no big deal if it isn't (and improbably since the EMPs have a curved shape). Most speakers, including the EMP Tek, don't have mounting inserts at the bottom (but do have them on the back for wall-mounting), so you just place them on top of the top plate of the stands. They do have four small rubber pieces glued on the bottom that spaces them slightly above the plate. One can also use Blu-tac if one thinks it is necessary (you can find it on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...words=blu-tack )

I'd opt for a little higher stand (perhaps 30" high). The tweeter is about 9" up from the bottom, and one is looking for the tweeter to be around ear-level when seated or a bit higher. But even that isn't very critical, sense the R5Bi's have excellent dispersion characteristics and a very large soundstage. And if the 24" inch stands place the phantom center at the center of your TV screen, then all is good.

post #25 of 57 Old 08-13-2016, 03:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 2352 Post(s)
Liked: 2647
If you haven't ordered the Mediabridge cable yet it's pretty thick(RG6) and not very pliable( I have this same cable myself.) The connectors are also very tight fitting so much so I've know people who have pulled their RCA inputs loose from tugging on them so hard. I'd try Kabel Direkt and yes I'd get one long enough to reach multiple locations in your space. My 10.4x13.6 space makes a 15' cable work fine but yours may not.

EDIT: I thought you should have gotten the Emp-tek I -12 for the $404 -$499 with an aluminum coned driver and FR down to 20hz but SVS does have some additional benefits over other ID companies but truthfully I don't believe they are as great a value buy as they used to be. That says more about the current state of competitive ID sub/speaker companies than it does about SVS but you've got a good system picked out.
bulldog78 and dsrussell like this.

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html

Last edited by Madmax67; 08-13-2016 at 03:50 AM.
post #26 of 57 Old 08-13-2016, 04:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 2352 Post(s)
Liked: 2647
Quote:

Good list.

connecting screw type banana plugs video:

bulldog78 likes this.

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html
post #27 of 57 Old 08-13-2016, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter

Awesome info guys, thanks so much. I'll keep you updated and ask more questions I am sure
Madmax67 likes this.
post #28 of 57 Old 08-13-2016, 11:04 AM

I've used Velcro many times to make it harder to accidentally knock a bookshelf speaker off a speaker stand.

Especially if the top plate was quite small.
post #29 of 57 Old 08-13-2016, 12:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 131
If you are trying an SVS sub, order directly from them. They often have undamaged items in their outlet. For instance, they have an undamaged PB1000 for $475 right now.

Edit: They also offer 5% discounts for repeat customers. You'll be back
bulldog78 likes this.

Last edited by pcfriedrich; 08-13-2016 at 12:10 PM.
post #30 of 57 Old 08-13-2016, 12:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcfriedrich View Post
If you are trying an SVS sub, order directly from them. They often have undamaged items in their outlet. For instance, they have an undamaged PB1000 for $475 right now.

Edit: They also offer 5% discounts for repeat customers. You'll be back
What I like about their "B" stock items, is that they explain the cosmetic damage and take pictures of it so people won't have any unpleasant surprises. Just part and parcel of the SVS experience.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page