Creative A550 Surround & 2000W Skytec HELP!!!! - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 10-04-2016, 04:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Exclamation Creative A550 Surround & 2000W Skytec HELP!!!!

Hi all,

I need some help to figure out how to set up a system that I've wanted for ages. First off, I have three components that I wish to combine. Creative A550 SBS 5.1 Sorround, 2.0 500w SPL Series Amp and 2x1000W Skytec Passives.

So to start, it is worth noting that I know the amp I have is providing only a quarter of what my passives can handle but it has the same ohm rating (10). The amp has three input methods - RCA, 3.5mm and USB 2.0 and outputs the red/black +/- cables straight into the passives. The creative A550 system has 3x3.5mm jacks for the input into the active sub and outputs approx 15w to each of it's small satellites through an RCA type cable.

What I would Like to know first and foremost is if I can take the active left/right channels from the active A550 sub and push these through to the RCA input on the amp without frying anything. If so, that would solve this immediately but since I can't find any tutorials for that online I'm guessing it's a resounding no.

Next up, are there any cheap cables/adapters that can safely transfer the signal from the A550 to the amp.

Lastly, if all else fails, as mentioned above I am aware that I am only providing a quarter of what I could be to my passives power-wise, so last resort is to buy a new amp. Unfortunately I have an absolute max on my budget of $300 because cash is tight right now. If you have any useful recommendations please let me know ASAP.

Thank-you very much - Will.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
budget surround sound , creative a550 , help needed , skytec , surround

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page