Klipsch Icon KB-15 is still good to buy? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-30-2016, 12:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Klipsch Icon KB-15 is still good to buy?

Hi Guys i am looking to buy good pair of budget bookshelfs. I found Klipsch Icon KB-15 on newegg under $100. And on amazon about $113. I have seen Klipsch R-15M on amazon at $124 pair. but its increased. So i was
thinking to go with Icon KB-15, but want to know if they are good in terms of sound quality. I saw good reviews for R-15M. will they perform same? Please suggest. I am going to use them with Marantz 6005 or NAD 326 i have both of them.

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-30-2016, 09:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 8
No one guys?
post #3 of 3 Old 11-30-2016, 12:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirajchokshi View Post
No one guys?
I had a pair of R-15M for a short while.

I thought they were ok. For the price:
Imaging was decent, if you're in the sweet spot.
Pretty good midrange / bass. The port is large for such a small bookshelf.
Detail and resolution? Missing a bit, but not bad at all.
Sound a bit cupped, and can be a bit harsh at times volume.

For the price, I think they do well, with the only real caveat for me being your tolerance to the horn, which depends on what music is played and at what volume. I do like them overall. I forgot about returning a $99 pair of R-14M I was going to have in the garage with the R-15M. I think I'll hang on to them for that price, oddball match up with my polk in the garage but, don't care so much there when I'm cursing at a hard to reach bolt or getting covered in grease and busting knuckles under a car

Initially I did not think they were fatiguing, but they can become fatiguing, especially at louder volumes.

More of a fun speaker than serious listening. I intended to put them in the garage, but wound up getting a cheap set of polk audio towers instead. I find polk is easier to listen to generally.

The R-15M do get quite loud if desired, fun speaker to rock out with (especially with a sub) but maybe not for long sessions.

I'd like to hear the the higher end new models of Klipsch. They've made some changes to the horn and tweeters.

Last edited by bkevind; 11-30-2016 at 12:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page