Center and surround selection...thinking polk? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-16-2017, 05:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Center and surround selection...thinking polk?

Haven't been here in awhile! Looking to finish piecing together a 5.1 with some existing components. What I have:
Receiver: Pioneer 1021-K
Sub: Klipsch SW-450
Front Bookshelfs: Polk RTI A3
Center?
Surrounds?

Was thinking a CSI A6 (if I can find for a good price) and OWM3 surrounds. Room is 12 wide by 18 deep, back is open to rest of basement, so it's not a dedicated enclosed room. I like the size of the OWM3 as they will be hanging on the wall.

Any suggestions?!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-16-2017, 08:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1206 Post(s)
Liked: 1012
As per my sig I have a primarily a Polk RTi/CSi setup. While Polk doesn't get much love relative to the ID companies nowadays on these forums I have been very happy with my setup. In regards to the center the CSiA4 and CSiA6 are really the only 2 designed match the RTiA3s. I did initially try the CSiA4 but felt that the CSiA6 had more depth and output. Also it is a more seamless front soundstage with the RTiA3s given the same drivers used. It is pretty large though so take a look at dimensions. I've also been happy with the OWM3s as surrounds. They work very well in that regard. If you listened to a lot of multichannel music they probably wouldn't be a great choice but for HT they work very well.

LG OLED65C7P (Chad B Calibrated) | Denon X4300H | Tivo Roamio OTA | Nvidia Shield | ATV 4K | Oppo UDP-203 | Plex server
5.2.4 | Front Klipsch RP-160M x2 | Center Klipsch RP-450C | Surrounds Klipsch RP-150M x2 | Atmos Klipsch RP-140SA x 4 | Subs SVS PC-4000 x 2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page