Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-24-2017, 07:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
B652-AIR 5.1 vs B&W VM1

Hey everyone,

I'm in the process of setting up my first HT system and wanted to start with a lower end system and then upgrade over time. After reading through the boards a bit, it appears like the Dayton AIR system is the best reviewed entry level system for ~$250. However, I've been keeping an eye on craigslist and although there hasn't been much, one set jumped out at me.

Someone is selling a B&W surround sound 5-speaker set. Slender speaker stands and swivel hinges for the 2 upright speakers included for $150 (no sub). Although these appear to be nice speakers, it looks like they're pretty old. Which of these options (or any additional suggestions) would be a better fit entry level system for HT (primarily movies)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-25-2017, 11:26 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 214 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8564 Post(s)
Liked: 5761
Well, I commonly recommend the AIR system with that budget BUT based on my 35 year experience with B&W, and the fact that every single one of the 7 speakers I bought from them in the 80's, (three pairs of bookshelves and one center speaker), are STILL in use this very day by myself and friends and family I gave them to I'd get the B&W setup in a heartbeat.

If you have an AVR buy this sub for $83 delivered, (I have two), and you'll be happy as a clam.

http://www.accessories4less.com/make...r-black/1.html

http://hometheaterreview.com/bw-vm1-...ofer-reviewed/

Geoff A. J., California
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page