Power Sound Audio MT-110 vs JTR Single 8HT - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By chucky7

post #1 of 7 Old 06-05-2017, 11:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Question Power Sound Audio MT-110 vs JTR Single 8HT

I haven't been able to hear either of these speakers in person, but the form factor and output performance is just about perfect for what I'm looking for. I'm curious if anyone out there has heard these two speakers and has any thoughts on how they compare to each other. Obviously the JTR is a bit smaller, and a bit more expensive, and both seem to be well respected, so I guess I'm looking for a compare/contrast.

Power Sound Audio MT-110

JTR Single 8HT

For what it's worth, I'm looking to more or less at wall mounting these speakers, so if I go with the JTRs, it will likely be the "LP" version, which I understand should function identically to the standard version.

Benjamin King

Sic Transit Gloria

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-05-2017, 12:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 255 Post(s)
Quoted: 3221 Post(s)
Liked: 4243
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminKing View Post
I haven't been able to hear either of these speakers in person, but the form factor and output performance is just about perfect for what I'm looking for. I'm curious if anyone out there has heard these two speakers and has any thoughts on how they compare to each other. Obviously the JTR is a bit smaller, and a bit more expensive, and both seem to be well respected, so I guess I'm looking for a compare/contrast.

Power Sound Audio MT-110

JTR Single 8HT

For what it's worth, I'm looking to more or less at wall mounting these speakers, so if I go with the JTRs, it will likely be the "LP" version, which I understand should function identically to the standard version.

I don't think you can go wrong with either and they will sound quite similar. There is quite a price difference though IMO. PSA will probably give you more bang for your buck especially if you can nab one from outlet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser, 2 BK LFE
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
post #3 of 7 Old 06-05-2017, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by imureh View Post
I don't think you can go wrong with either and they will sound quite similar. There is quite a price difference though IMO. PSA will probably give you more bang for your buck especially if you can nab one from outlet.
Thanks for your feedback. Have you actually heard both of them? I'm curious about the character of the sound of each of them. This AVS Forum review is pretty high on the PSA's, stating that "They disappear, they put performers in your living room, they make pianos sound like pianos and guitars sound like guitars, they avoid dynamic compression and coloration", which I don't doubt at all. So how similar are the PSA and JTR models? I read about how the PSA seems to have an extremely high output potential, so can the same be said about the smaller JTRs? My room is approx. 15*25 with openings on a few sides, so it's far from a dedicated, sealed listening area. However, I want to make sure that on the occasional times that we can crank out the tunes or watch film, we have no difficulty reaching CLEAN, uncolored reference level. I can actually get there now with a Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-440C center and RP-250F small towers, but my wife doesn't love the sound of the center channel at high volumes, and the towers can't be wall-mounted, ha!

While there is a price difference, the shallow depth and the smaller overall size of the JTR is quite enticing, and would cover the difference for me if all-else was equal. However, I don't want to go too small if I will end up sacrificing in the end. So I guess price aside, is one of these a better performer than the other, in any category?
  • Peak Output
  • Sound Quality
  • Musical Ability

Benjamin King

Sic Transit Gloria

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 06-05-2017, 01:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 255 Post(s)
Quoted: 3221 Post(s)
Liked: 4243
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminKing View Post
Thanks for your feedback. Have you actually heard both of them? I'm curious about the character of the sound of each of them. This AVS Forum review is pretty high on the PSA's, stating that "They disappear, they put performers in your living room, they make pianos sound like pianos and guitars sound like guitars, they avoid dynamic compression and coloration", which I don't doubt at all. So how similar are the PSA and JTR models? I read about how the PSA seems to have an extremely high output potential, so can the same be said about the smaller JTRs? My room is approx. 15*25 with openings on a few sides, so it's far from a dedicated, sealed listening area. However, I want to make sure that on the occasional times that we can crank out the tunes or watch film, we have no difficulty reaching CLEAN, uncolored reference level. I can actually get there now with a Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-440C center and RP-250F small towers, but my wife doesn't love the sound of the center channel at high volumes, and the towers can't be wall-mounted, ha!

While there is a price difference, the shallow depth and the smaller overall size of the JTR is quite enticing, and would cover the difference for me if all-else was equal. However, I don't want to go too small if I will end up sacrificing in the end. So I guess price aside, is one of these a better performer than the other, in any category?

• Peak Output
  • Sound Quality
  • Musical Ability

I have PSA MTM 210s and I had 110s before. I have not heard the JTR but have heard from others that have heard both that they are similar. The specs are quite similar as well. Go with the PSA and save some money, you will not be disappointed. Yet to come across anyone who has bought them and not loved them. You have 60 days to return though you will be pay return shipping.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser, 2 BK LFE
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
post #5 of 7 Old 04-05-2019, 07:17 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 311 Post(s)
Liked: 196
Anyone have PSA speakers in the Central NY area? I have some Single 8HT that we could compare them to.

I would love to hear the difference between the two.
post #6 of 7 Old 04-05-2019, 02:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 322 Post(s)
Quoted: 3731 Post(s)
Liked: 5070
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishluck73 View Post
Anyone have PSA speakers in the Central NY area? I have some Single 8HT that we could compare them to.

I would love to hear the difference between the two.
I believe serith has the PSA MTM-210s.
irishluck73 likes this.

Speakers: L/C/R: JTR Noesis 212HT. Surrounds: Jamo C103, KEF Q100, Polk Audio RTiA3.
Subwoofer: JTR Captivator 4000ULF.
AVR: Denon AVR-X4400H. TV: Samsung UN75NU8000FXZA.

FS: Jamo C103, KEF Q100 and Polk RTiA3
post #7 of 7 Old 04-05-2019, 10:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Quoted: 2194 Post(s)
Liked: 2408
They both have 95db sensitivity, the JTR can handle 600w and the PSA 175. That means the JTR’s will go louder - maybe 4-5db louder at max volume.

For the $225 price difference I would try the PSA’s and see how you like them.

Another option is to buy a pair of both and send back the pair you like least. It will probably cost you $80 in shipping.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page