Originally Posted by turts85
That HSU MK5 is about 200$ more than I want to spend. My total budget for my entire 3.1 or 2.1 is probably a max of 700$ but would rather be more towards the minimum of 500$. This is why I thought the A1.4s would be better cuz they are about 300$ right now then adding a sub with those would bring me to about 550-600$. Which would me my ideal area for spending. And if I go with the A2.4s for LR that only leaves about 100-150$ for a sub, so the sub would have to be down the road at that point.
Lets put it this way..I would rather spend towards my max budget and it better for the long run and only have to spend a minimal amount IF I decide to add on, rather than spending towards my minimum budget and then having to spend more down the road either upgrading or adding on.
HSU sub #1
Chane's A2.4 (pair) #2
Add center in couple months.
If you have to wait another month to save then do it. No need to rush to do it, you want to do it right. I rushed, had many mistakes, wasnt patient in selecting AVR, which speakers, etc...
You made great strides, have it nailed down to 2 diff speakers. A2.4s will be more dynamic. Even if you have to wait for the sub a couple months, then wait. Buy the A2.4s then at least you have the "Foundation" to build off of
From my point of view, you are settling for the A1.4 because of the budget but in your heart you want the A2.4. So wait, save, until you can do what you really want to do. Speakers and subs will always be available. After all, its not like we are talking about going from $20k Kia sportage to $100k Cady Escalade
A2.4 in 2.0 is $560, get 3 is $840 + $600 HSU Sub= $1400 total and you done.
You want to spend $700
So do A2.4 in 2.0$560 + HSU Sub $600= $1160 total, just save 400-500 more