A few months ago I did the first part of my home cinema speaker upgrade. I replaced my AV receiver and the subwoofer. Now it's time to upgrade the rest.
- Denon AVR-X1300W receiver
- Magnat Monitor Supreme Sub 302A subwoofer
- Pyle Audio PDIC 60 ceiling speakers (for Atmos)
- Other Speakers are from Pioneer HTP-072 package
So what I need is a new center, fronts and surrounds to replace those from the Pioneer package. I am willing to spend around 400€/500$ on them. I am from mainland Europe so getting something that is available here would be nice
. The budget is somewhat flexible but I really wouldn't want to go over it by too much.
I definitely want bookshelf speakers since I don't have any room for floor standing ones. The center will be mounted on a shelf above the TV while the fronts will be mounted to each side of the TV. It's probably also worth noting that the surrounds are very close to the listening position (around 0.9m).
I did some reasearch and found the following options...
- First is the Wharfedale DX-1SE package for around 340€. I don't need the sub, but I could always go for a 5.2 system. Probably not a good choice, but I am just throwing it out there.
- Then there are Mission LX-1s with Mission LX-C center speaker. They would total around 420€. So slightly over budget but not by too much.
- Or maybe Roth Audio OLi RA1 with their OLi C30 center for around 320€. These are really cheap, but have some really good reviews behind them.
I know that Q Acoustics seem to be highly recommended, but 3010s are a bit too expensive while the older 2000 series are just impossible to get around here. Actually the 3000 series is quite impossible to get as well (especially for a reasonable price). 3010s with the 3090c center would cost me around 520€ which is a bit too much for my liking.
Any more suggestions will be greatly appreciated.