Center channel recommendation: light <$150 available ASAP w/ Paradigm Monitors
Looking for center channel speaker recommendation. As a stopgap, I bought a Definitive Technology ProCenter 1000 Compact Center Speaker at BestBuy on Black Friday for $164. Looking to upgrade or get similar quality for lower price.
I live in Kenya and am in the US for one more week, so I have limited time to find something. Selection in Kenya is super limited and expensive, as you might imagine. I moved a portion of my US inventory with me and am trying to do a feasible upgrade.
Basic specs looking for:
- reasonably cheap: approx under $150 - 175: I'll probably sell it there when I move back and don't think there's a deep resale market
- pretty lightweight: 15 lbs max; preferrably under 10 lbs; will take it in my suitcase and have limited excess pounds
- lower height dimensions: no specifics specs; just looking for something not too tall
- paired with Paradigm mini-monitors v7 bookshelves: I'm not looking for to match them as it's not feasible. I already have a matching 28 lb monitor center channel I'm storing here. Maybe an older version paradigm center channel on ebay might be better than other brands?
- need to get it by next Wed Dec 6th. That means my ability to bid on ebay is limited.
- time is limited; won't have too much time to do extensive research or even test product (parents, where I am staying, don't have a receiver)
- My receiver is a decent entry / mid-level Onkyo 7.1 with enough power for what I need (don't remember model # or specs)
Any suggestions? I realize the weight constraint will limit potential quality.
Since I'm not matching the exact bookshelves, is there a certain best bang-per-buck, more compact center channel that is recognized? Maybe more mass-market brand vs. Paradigm? Should I look for an older, smaller, cheaper Paradigm center on ebay? I saw something from the cinema line, which I know nothing about.