New Setup with In Ceiling Speakers - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-21-2018, 04:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
New Setup with In Ceiling Speakers

Hi,

I am in the process of finishing my basement. It is a large area separated into two spaces. Approximately half will be for the living room for the TV/family area (24.5ftL x 8.75W-between the bulkheads) and the other will be a games area (22.5ftL x 12W). The two sides are separated by a bulk head and a few supporting posts.
The TV area has a bulk head around all for sides. The ceiling will be drywalled. The My original plan was to have a projection screen (90-100") with a projector setup for the video. I may put a large TV instead, but that is not the basis for this post.

For the audio I was going to go with a 5.1 setup, but am having doubts as I am reading about newer formats such as Dolby Atmos and don't want to close up the ceiling and walls and limit myself. In order to achieve WAF, I was going to put a 74" x 16" fireplace on the wall with the projection screen/TV. In order to keep a clean look to the wall, I was going to put the LCR speakers in the bottom of the bulkhead above the screen/tv. I was going to use the Paradigm CI Pro P80-A as they angle 30 degrees. For the two rears I was going to pair them up with the Paradigm CI Pro P80-R. Haven't decided on the sub yet. Was only thinking of one sub initially, but have read many recommending two. Something I would consider.

From what I have learned Dolby Atmos directs the sound to the ceiling and reflects back to the listener to produce more accurate sounds. Having said that, I am having doubts Atmos is an option for me given my initial plan with in-ceiling speakers. Am I correct or are there other options other than floor standing speakers?

Thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	953.8 KB
ID:	2349262   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	1,021.3 KB
ID:	2349264   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg